Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Harlequin & Jester
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
[quote name="Jivira" date="2023-04-13 20:30:41" ] [quote name="AlumTheDragon" date="2023-04-12 03:40:38" ] Invisibility Cloaks,,,,, at a reasonable price,,,,,,, thank you Marva [/quote] I honestly don't know how I feel about the pricing. I opened so so many chests trying to get one and got only one and now the prices are already dropping like a meteorite. It seems great to offer a regular chance to buy this item, but it feels like I did a lot of work that ends up meaning nothing much. The whole gravel exchange thing was fun though. [/quote] This reply is long as hell and isn't directed at you don't worry, this is just something I've seen many people get tripped up by (myself included haha, I have so many scattersights) and may help people to avoid spending all their hard earned treasure for an event item that's temptingly exclusive-sounding (although in reply to you specifically that absolutely sucks, I've done stuff like that before and I won't lie, having staff revoke exclusivity hurtttttsss and it's kinda unfair for those who were tricked into thinking they needed to hoard, but I get where they're coming from and I think from now on its preventable hence.... The rest of this comment) Unfortunately with the way FR works, having been on the site for 9 years, I'm not sure if there's an official policy for this but it seems to be an unspoken rule that anything limited by time or by expense will be made available in some other form for much cheaper - only excluding festival skins and a few other things. You don't have to buy genes to get them on dragons because you can buy pre-gened dragons from the AH (also you don't have to hatch expensive eggs to get gen1s, you can search for them on the AH), you can get old familiars including sprites and old fest apparel albeit recoloured when they're released through joxar, things like the night sky silks and wildclaw scrolls return to the gem marketplace, and honestly I think at this point we have to say that Marva's items will always return to being cheap because every year excluding I think just the cloaks and maybe the sweaters they plummet in price and rarity without fail More relevant examples are the one time release scattersight vials that sold for big money that were then made obsolete by releasing the eye types as individually buyable, and they made the limited ancient breed change scrolls unsellable to prevent people hoarding and reselling for extortionate prices, theyve upped the number of items you can buy in the AH when new apparel drops to prevent exclusivity too I give all these examples not to drive the point home but just to say I thinkkkkk with this track record we can confidently start to act as if any newly released item is going to drop in price specifically because FR wants all new players and not so old players to have access to as many items as possible, and they seem to have reached a point in the life of their game where they think that making things once off like Marva cloaks and sprites and etc without giving people a huge window to get them is detrimental to the idea they have in mind for the accessibility of the game. As in at this point it seems to be their philosophy: "keep some things hard to get (festival skins, rare dragons, etc), but hard to get should not mean impossible. More play time should mean things get easier to buy, but less playtime shouldn't mean gated out of the game, and things shouldn't be going for hundreds if thousands if not millions purely because someone happened to buy it at the right time to resell it." honestly I feel like they're avoiding the sprite situation with all their might haha Honestly each year except for this one I sell my Marva chest immediately and then buy another when the price drops or just wait for the reveal, same with selling my joxar crate bought for 80k and sold for 200k-250k and then buying a token for around 80k... And it works way better. It always seems to be the case that with anything released the price will drop due to users flooding the market and FR as I was saying seems to have a policy that all limited items will be made available for cheaper, so hoarding anything for profit does not work - unless it's festival skins or any one-time festival thing because we know that's not coming back Point being, after 9 years and a lotttttt of playtime (I log in multiple times every day haha) consistently I save money and Also do not regret/miss out when I sit on the sidelines and wait until somethings more widely available Unless staff say its a once off thing ... Oh and also at anyone else who's reading: reminder that if you have one off things in your hoard that aren't fest gear you may want to consider selling soon in case they're the next thing to be un-exclusive-d
Jivira wrote on 2023-04-13 20:30:41:
AlumTheDragon wrote on 2023-04-12 03:40:38:
Invisibility Cloaks,,,,, at a reasonable price,,,,,,, thank you Marva

I honestly don't know how I feel about the pricing. I opened so so many chests trying to get one and got only one and now the prices are already dropping like a meteorite. It seems great to offer a regular chance to buy this item, but it feels like I did a lot of work that ends up meaning nothing much.

The whole gravel exchange thing was fun though.

This reply is long as hell and isn't directed at you don't worry, this is just something I've seen many people get tripped up by (myself included haha, I have so many scattersights) and may help people to avoid spending all their hard earned treasure for an event item that's temptingly exclusive-sounding

(although in reply to you specifically that absolutely sucks, I've done stuff like that before and I won't lie, having staff revoke exclusivity hurtttttsss and it's kinda unfair for those who were tricked into thinking they needed to hoard, but I get where they're coming from and I think from now on its preventable hence.... The rest of this comment)

Unfortunately with the way FR works, having been on the site for 9 years, I'm not sure if there's an official policy for this but it seems to be an unspoken rule that anything limited by time or by expense will be made available in some other form for much cheaper - only excluding festival skins and a few other things. You don't have to buy genes to get them on dragons because you can buy pre-gened dragons from the AH (also you don't have to hatch expensive eggs to get gen1s, you can search for them on the AH), you can get old familiars including sprites and old fest apparel albeit recoloured when they're released through joxar, things like the night sky silks and wildclaw scrolls return to the gem marketplace, and honestly I think at this point we have to say that Marva's items will always return to being cheap because every year excluding I think just the cloaks and maybe the sweaters they plummet in price and rarity without fail

More relevant examples are the one time release scattersight vials that sold for big money that were then made obsolete by releasing the eye types as individually buyable, and they made the limited ancient breed change scrolls unsellable to prevent people hoarding and reselling for extortionate prices, theyve upped the number of items you can buy in the AH when new apparel drops to prevent exclusivity too

I give all these examples not to drive the point home but just to say I thinkkkkk with this track record we can confidently start to act as if any newly released item is going to drop in price specifically because FR wants all new players and not so old players to have access to as many items as possible, and they seem to have reached a point in the life of their game where they think that making things once off like Marva cloaks and sprites and etc without giving people a huge window to get them is detrimental to the idea they have in mind for the accessibility of the game. As in at this point it seems to be their philosophy: "keep some things hard to get (festival skins, rare dragons, etc), but hard to get should not mean impossible. More play time should mean things get easier to buy, but less playtime shouldn't mean gated out of the game, and things shouldn't be going for hundreds if thousands if not millions purely because someone happened to buy it at the right time to resell it." honestly I feel like they're avoiding the sprite situation with all their might haha

Honestly each year except for this one I sell my Marva chest immediately and then buy another when the price drops or just wait for the reveal, same with selling my joxar crate bought for 80k and sold for 200k-250k and then buying a token for around 80k... And it works way better. It always seems to be the case that with anything released the price will drop due to users flooding the market and FR as I was saying seems to have a policy that all limited items will be made available for cheaper, so hoarding anything for profit does not work - unless it's festival skins or any one-time festival thing because we know that's not coming back

Point being, after 9 years and a lotttttt of playtime (I log in multiple times every day haha) consistently I save money and Also do not regret/miss out when I sit on the sidelines and wait until somethings more widely available Unless staff say its a once off thing

... Oh and also at anyone else who's reading: reminder that if you have one off things in your hoard that aren't fest gear you may want to consider selling soon in case they're the next thing to be un-exclusive-d
Ooooh I feel like some fun circus themed lairs are gonna happen now. I'm dying to see this on a pastel or eyeburner.
Ooooh I feel like some fun circus themed lairs are gonna happen now. I'm dying to see this on a pastel or eyeburner.
woooooo new genes!! I love these ive been wanting a silly little jester dragon <3
woooooo new genes!! I love these ive been wanting a silly little jester dragon <3
nF6vUTl.gif
Monolair lol
Im in love. This with the jester apparel <3
Im in love. This with the jester apparel <3
I tried the new genes before I realized they were new and was like ????, then I switched the colours and behold: my new favourite primary

Honestly harlequin/jester in radioactive really did it for me, so cool looking

Thank you devs !!
I tried the new genes before I realized they were new and was like ????, then I switched the colours and behold: my new favourite primary

Honestly harlequin/jester in radioactive really did it for me, so cool looking

Thank you devs !!
ePOliyb.png
qjxrAwx.png
AQPJNOh.png
Pgv53XB.png
CLOWN TIME!!!!!
CLOWN TIME!!!!!
jRiMWcg.png
WOAH. new idea for my dragon cicero ):3
WOAH. new idea for my dragon cicero ):3
I really love these new genes
I really love these new genes
yebxlm1t.png[qbj5aU6.gif
[quote name="MathieuBellamont" date="2023-04-14 10:30:11" ] This reply is long as hell and isn't directed at you don't worry, this is just something I've seen many people get tripped up by (myself included haha, I have so many scattersights) and may help people to avoid spending all their hard earned treasure for an event item that's temptingly exclusive-sounding [/quote] I think this is really sound advice! Initially I only bought the one (1t) scene, thinking well, other Marva stuff is already available in chests, maybe I can get the other next year... Then I thought but wait, it's such a special and tricksy item, maybe they *won't* re-release it, so I'd better get it while I can! Not to hoard and re-sell, just for myself, so I don't miss out. And I could afford it, just (lol). Now I find I could have waited until next year after all, but I don't regret the decision. Maybe its asking price won't change, and that means player prices won't go down that much, because it'll still be moderately frustrating to get? Although I guess from now on, we'll all be hoarding gravel like it's the new shiny, which has to be Marva's longest enduring joke!
MathieuBellamont wrote on 2023-04-14 10:30:11:

This reply is long as hell and isn't directed at you don't worry, this is just something I've seen many people get tripped up by (myself included haha, I have so many scattersights) and may help people to avoid spending all their hard earned treasure for an event item that's temptingly exclusive-sounding

I think this is really sound advice! Initially I only bought the one (1t) scene, thinking well, other Marva stuff is already available in chests, maybe I can get the other next year... Then I thought but wait, it's such a special and tricksy item, maybe they *won't* re-release it, so I'd better get it while I can! Not to hoard and re-sell, just for myself, so I don't miss out. And I could afford it, just (lol). Now I find I could have waited until next year after all, but I don't regret the decision.

Maybe its asking price won't change, and that means player prices won't go down that much, because it'll still be moderately frustrating to get? Although I guess from now on, we'll all be hoarding gravel like it's the new shiny, which has to be Marva's longest enduring joke!
CTF4up6.png
[center] [img]https://media.tenor.com/LvBzFlekN2YAAAAd/skyrim-cicero.gif[/img] [i]"The Night Mother has spoken! The silence has been broken! The Listener has been chosen!"[/i] [/center] Looking forward to seeing what y'all come up with for these genes! They look so cool!
skyrim-cicero.gif

"The Night Mother has spoken! The silence has been broken! The Listener has been chosen!"

Looking forward to seeing what y'all come up with for these genes! They look so cool!
U N D E R T I D E S (and Ted)
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52