Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore event suggestions for a lock
Hello all , like what the title said I am putting a challenge together and I nee a few more events.

Events can be negative or positive , can gain dragons , or posibly other site mechanics can be included.

There is a point system .. Adaptation helps a dragon survive an Mutation and Affliction harms a dragon.

Here is what I have so far..

Dragon Events
  • 1->10 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel or familiar (if they do not have one) and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 11 - Unplanned hatching, buy a gen 1 hatchling born today off auction at random and below 10g. This is now part of this dragons lineage and counts as a relation. Dragon gets 1 Mutation for breeding out of season.
  • 12 -> Dragon has been training hard , gains 1 Adaptation point
  • 13 ->Dragon suffering from a bad head infection, gains 1 Affliction point
  • 14->24 -Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 25-> Dragon was acknowledged by the clans upper rank add a lore reason and grant this dragon the Choice status.
  • 26-Dragon endures head injury , if personality was already altered by another event the dragon can no longer maintain one personality and alters between both depending on the day. This dragon gains the Dual attribute and now has multiple personalities. If no previous personality alteration occurred Dragon is unable to level anymore due to injuries sustained and gains the Broken attribute.
  • 27 Rainbow stone is found, upon picking it up the dragon is shocked add 5 Affliction points or scatter the dragon. If 5 Affliction would kill the dragon you must scatter instead.
  • 28 -> 38 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel or familiar (if they do not have one) and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 39 - Dragons Familiar dies , place the image in the bio. this dragon can never equip that familiar again add 1 Mutation point.
  • 40 -Dragon finds a mate outside of the clan, look for a fully gened gen 1 under 200g on auction house. These dragons breed together next breeding cool down. All hatchlings survive in this nest due to new genetics being introduced to the gene pool. If no mate under 200g Dragon suffers from unhappiness add 2 Mutation points.
  • 41 -
  • 42 - Dragon endures head injury , if personality was already altered by another event the dragon can no longer maintain one personality and alters between both depending on the day. This dragon gains the Dual attribute and now has multiple personalities. If no previous personality alteration occurred Dragon is unable to level anymore due to injuries sustained and gains the Broken attribute.
  • 43 - Brain Surgery gain 10 Adaptation and 1 Affliction, character reset, changer personality, likes , dislikes and physical mannerisms. The dragon acts this way in lore from now on.
  • 44 - Dragon gets a vision of the GladeKeeper , choose a relative or friend that died (in HD) and reincarnate them. This dragons Affliction , Adaptation and Mutation reset to 1/5/1 for each reincarnation counter add an additional 1 Mutation and Affliction . Dragon that reincarnated this dragon gets the same amount of Mutation and Affliction . Place 1 reincarnation counter on reincarnated dragon.
  • 45 -> 55 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 56 - Dragon gets a vision of the GladeKeeper , choose a relative or friend that died (in HD) and reincarnate them. This dragons Affliction , Adaptation and Mutation reset to 1/5/1 for each reincarnation counter add an additional 1 Mutation and Affliction . Dragon that reincarnated this dragon gets the same amount of Mutation and Affliction . Place 1 reincarnation counter on reincarnated dragon.
  • 57 - Brain Surgery gain 10 Adaptation and 1 Affliction, character reset, changer personality, likes , dislikes and physical mannerisms. The dragon acts this way in lore from now on.
  • 58 -Rainbow stone is found, upon picking it up the dragon is shocked add 5 Affliction points or scatter the dragon. If 5 Affliction would kill the dragon you must scatter instead.
  • 59 - Dragon finds a mate outside of the clan, look for a fully gened gen 1 under 200g on auction house. These dragons breed together next breeding cool down. All hatchlings survive in this nest due to new genetics being introduced to the gene pool. If no mate under 200g Dragon suffers from unhappiness add 2 Mutation points.
  • 60 -
  • 61-
  • 62 -> 72 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel or familiar (if they do not have one) and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 73 -
  • 74 -Dragons Familiar dies , place the image in the bio. this dragon can never equip that familiar again add 1 Mutation point.
  • 75->Dragon was acknowledged by the clans upper rank add a lore reason and grant this dragon the Choice status.
  • 76->86 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel or familiar (if they do not have one) and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 87-Dragon suffering from a bad head infection, gains 1 Affliction point
  • 88 - >Dragon has been training hard , gains 1 Adaptation point
  • 89 - Unplanned hatching, buy a gen 1 hatchling born today off auction at random and below 10g. This is now part of this dragons lineage and counts as a relation. Dragon gets 1 Mutation for breeding out of season.
  • 90- >100 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
Hello all , like what the title said I am putting a challenge together and I nee a few more events.

Events can be negative or positive , can gain dragons , or posibly other site mechanics can be included.

There is a point system .. Adaptation helps a dragon survive an Mutation and Affliction harms a dragon.

Here is what I have so far..

Dragon Events
  • 1->10 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel or familiar (if they do not have one) and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 11 - Unplanned hatching, buy a gen 1 hatchling born today off auction at random and below 10g. This is now part of this dragons lineage and counts as a relation. Dragon gets 1 Mutation for breeding out of season.
  • 12 -> Dragon has been training hard , gains 1 Adaptation point
  • 13 ->Dragon suffering from a bad head infection, gains 1 Affliction point
  • 14->24 -Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 25-> Dragon was acknowledged by the clans upper rank add a lore reason and grant this dragon the Choice status.
  • 26-Dragon endures head injury , if personality was already altered by another event the dragon can no longer maintain one personality and alters between both depending on the day. This dragon gains the Dual attribute and now has multiple personalities. If no previous personality alteration occurred Dragon is unable to level anymore due to injuries sustained and gains the Broken attribute.
  • 27 Rainbow stone is found, upon picking it up the dragon is shocked add 5 Affliction points or scatter the dragon. If 5 Affliction would kill the dragon you must scatter instead.
  • 28 -> 38 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel or familiar (if they do not have one) and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 39 - Dragons Familiar dies , place the image in the bio. this dragon can never equip that familiar again add 1 Mutation point.
  • 40 -Dragon finds a mate outside of the clan, look for a fully gened gen 1 under 200g on auction house. These dragons breed together next breeding cool down. All hatchlings survive in this nest due to new genetics being introduced to the gene pool. If no mate under 200g Dragon suffers from unhappiness add 2 Mutation points.
  • 41 -
  • 42 - Dragon endures head injury , if personality was already altered by another event the dragon can no longer maintain one personality and alters between both depending on the day. This dragon gains the Dual attribute and now has multiple personalities. If no previous personality alteration occurred Dragon is unable to level anymore due to injuries sustained and gains the Broken attribute.
  • 43 - Brain Surgery gain 10 Adaptation and 1 Affliction, character reset, changer personality, likes , dislikes and physical mannerisms. The dragon acts this way in lore from now on.
  • 44 - Dragon gets a vision of the GladeKeeper , choose a relative or friend that died (in HD) and reincarnate them. This dragons Affliction , Adaptation and Mutation reset to 1/5/1 for each reincarnation counter add an additional 1 Mutation and Affliction . Dragon that reincarnated this dragon gets the same amount of Mutation and Affliction . Place 1 reincarnation counter on reincarnated dragon.
  • 45 -> 55 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 56 - Dragon gets a vision of the GladeKeeper , choose a relative or friend that died (in HD) and reincarnate them. This dragons Affliction , Adaptation and Mutation reset to 1/5/1 for each reincarnation counter add an additional 1 Mutation and Affliction . Dragon that reincarnated this dragon gets the same amount of Mutation and Affliction . Place 1 reincarnation counter on reincarnated dragon.
  • 57 - Brain Surgery gain 10 Adaptation and 1 Affliction, character reset, changer personality, likes , dislikes and physical mannerisms. The dragon acts this way in lore from now on.
  • 58 -Rainbow stone is found, upon picking it up the dragon is shocked add 5 Affliction points or scatter the dragon. If 5 Affliction would kill the dragon you must scatter instead.
  • 59 - Dragon finds a mate outside of the clan, look for a fully gened gen 1 under 200g on auction house. These dragons breed together next breeding cool down. All hatchlings survive in this nest due to new genetics being introduced to the gene pool. If no mate under 200g Dragon suffers from unhappiness add 2 Mutation points.
  • 60 -
  • 61-
  • 62 -> 72 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel or familiar (if they do not have one) and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 73 -
  • 74 -Dragons Familiar dies , place the image in the bio. this dragon can never equip that familiar again add 1 Mutation point.
  • 75->Dragon was acknowledged by the clans upper rank add a lore reason and grant this dragon the Choice status.
  • 76->86 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel or familiar (if they do not have one) and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
  • 87-Dragon suffering from a bad head infection, gains 1 Affliction point
  • 88 - >Dragon has been training hard , gains 1 Adaptation point
  • 89 - Unplanned hatching, buy a gen 1 hatchling born today off auction at random and below 10g. This is now part of this dragons lineage and counts as a relation. Dragon gets 1 Mutation for breeding out of season.
  • 90- >100 - Dragon finds a possession, add a piece of apparel and write about the find in lore add 1 Adaptation point.
A5i3AHB.png
I don't get exactly how this works, so I'm gonna go off the assumption that it's based on (100 sided) dice roll.. Here's some ideas for events.

Dragon finds a mysterious glowing
Red stone -affliction
Blue stone -adaptation
Purple stone -health bonus
Green stone- positive mutation
Black stone - negative mutation
Rainbow stone - changes colors
White stone - changes breed

Dragon endures head injury and has a flash back to a previous character trait (prior to a surgery) and regains that trait. If no prior surgery, bump on head causes amnesia for a time (either set or set by chance) which temporarily alters personality and becomes part of dragons lore

Dragon is pursued by another dragon as a love interest.
Dragon pursues a love interest.
Dragon writes a letter to someone. Possibly to home clan, if remembered. Otherwise to another dragon in current clan.
Dragon gets a new accent/skincent/skin
Dragon finds a new friend (familiar)

I don't get exactly how this works, so I'm gonna go off the assumption that it's based on (100 sided) dice roll.. Here's some ideas for events.

Dragon finds a mysterious glowing
Red stone -affliction
Blue stone -adaptation
Purple stone -health bonus
Green stone- positive mutation
Black stone - negative mutation
Rainbow stone - changes colors
White stone - changes breed

Dragon endures head injury and has a flash back to a previous character trait (prior to a surgery) and regains that trait. If no prior surgery, bump on head causes amnesia for a time (either set or set by chance) which temporarily alters personality and becomes part of dragons lore

Dragon is pursued by another dragon as a love interest.
Dragon pursues a love interest.
Dragon writes a letter to someone. Possibly to home clan, if remembered. Otherwise to another dragon in current clan.
Dragon gets a new accent/skincent/skin
Dragon finds a new friend (familiar)

For 'favorite dragon' forum games, feel free to choose from hibden as well.
Lore dragons at front of lair.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` winterprism*´¨)
@winterprism

I like these .. especially the head injury .. hahah nothing like switching personalities ...hahahaha
@winterprism

I like these .. especially the head injury .. hahah nothing like switching personalities ...hahahaha
A5i3AHB.png
it looks like you're especially interested in things like injuries, i suggest looking into these injuries more to get a good idea of how to write about it accurately & possibly even get some inspiration for more outcomes?
it looks like you're especially interested in things like injuries, i suggest looking into these injuries more to get a good idea of how to write about it accurately & possibly even get some inspiration for more outcomes?
1205.png
Shardz #93701
mlHpBMC.png
szLFrpq.png
bYt72YT.png
X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

my memory is so bad that i hadn't changed this since march 28th which i only know because it was "happy birthday sora"

cleaning my lair, G1s for sale

0kkQE96.png
TW8ViqF.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
1206.png
You could do breed changing themes like
spiraling out of control - spiral
Vampiric affliction - nocturne
Space cadet - aether
Etc

It's interesting to see how you adapted some of my ideas. Will you be keeping some kind of thread on this challenge once it's begun? I'd love to follow along.
You could do breed changing themes like
spiraling out of control - spiral
Vampiric affliction - nocturne
Space cadet - aether
Etc

It's interesting to see how you adapted some of my ideas. Will you be keeping some kind of thread on this challenge once it's begun? I'd love to follow along.
For 'favorite dragon' forum games, feel free to choose from hibden as well.
Lore dragons at front of lair.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` winterprism*´¨)
While reading this thread I had a silly idea pertaining to switching minds/personalities: Your dragon finds a new Familiar. When bonding with it, they feel a strange surge of energy - they have now swapped bodies with their familiar. Have fun. Perhaps for smaller dragons like Fae, they might end up in the form of a much larger creature. Or if it's a beastclan, what would the new dragon think? Maybe every 'turn' flip a coin to see if this effect stays or not. Or, if you have a magic/scientist profession dragon, they can raise the odds of swapping them back? Oh and one more thing, would an Aberration dragon have 4 personalities when given the Dual effect? [emoji=aberration happy size=2]
While reading this thread I had a silly idea pertaining to switching minds/personalities:

Your dragon finds a new Familiar. When bonding with it, they feel a strange surge of energy - they have now swapped bodies with their familiar. Have fun.

Perhaps for smaller dragons like Fae, they might end up in the form of a much larger creature. Or if it's a beastclan, what would the new dragon think?

Maybe every 'turn' flip a coin to see if this effect stays or not. Or, if you have a magic/scientist profession dragon, they can raise the odds of swapping them back?

Oh and one more thing, would an Aberration dragon have 4 personalities when given the Dual effect?
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
Creating your own challenge to host for others is fine, but the focus on physical head injuries causing significant personality changes in a fantasy world setting, as well as the casual ease with which this is being discussed is concerning. This thread is now locked, and we encourage you to revisit the basis of your challenge. Sornieth is a magical world and there are plenty of magic-based reasons for personality changes that don't make light of or rely on stereotypes of real world diagnoses. For example, magical possession or mimics could lead to an observed personality change in a dragon.

NOTE: Experiencing a personality change after a physical head injury can be a medical emergency. If this happens, please contact your doctor or go to your nearest Emergency Department/hospital.
Creating your own challenge to host for others is fine, but the focus on physical head injuries causing significant personality changes in a fantasy world setting, as well as the casual ease with which this is being discussed is concerning. This thread is now locked, and we encourage you to revisit the basis of your challenge. Sornieth is a magical world and there are plenty of magic-based reasons for personality changes that don't make light of or rely on stereotypes of real world diagnoses. For example, magical possession or mimics could lead to an observed personality change in a dragon.

NOTE: Experiencing a personality change after a physical head injury can be a medical emergency. If this happens, please contact your doctor or go to your nearest Emergency Department/hospital.