Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Separate Gene Marketplace
I've thought about it and read some of the suggestions for how to fix the ever bubbling issue of what to do about the genes clutter and I don't think I've seen this suggested yet. I have seen someone suggest the grand exchange but if we want to keep genes in a shop that acts like the marketplace I have a different proposal.

How about we make a whole separate shop for genes/eye vials/breed changes?

Eyes and breed changes get a tab, moderns get a tab, and then every ancient gets their own tab. Renames can go in an other tab the way some of the other odd and ends in the gem market for modifying dragons could.

It can work the same as the marketplace and flip between treasure and gem and have its own flash sale.

As much as I hate to add another link to the side I think it'd be worth it for organizing the genes better.

I know as we get a lot more ancients this might become an issue with so many tabs but that could just need a UI solution.
I've thought about it and read some of the suggestions for how to fix the ever bubbling issue of what to do about the genes clutter and I don't think I've seen this suggested yet. I have seen someone suggest the grand exchange but if we want to keep genes in a shop that acts like the marketplace I have a different proposal.

How about we make a whole separate shop for genes/eye vials/breed changes?

Eyes and breed changes get a tab, moderns get a tab, and then every ancient gets their own tab. Renames can go in an other tab the way some of the other odd and ends in the gem market for modifying dragons could.

It can work the same as the marketplace and flip between treasure and gem and have its own flash sale.

As much as I hate to add another link to the side I think it'd be worth it for organizing the genes better.

I know as we get a lot more ancients this might become an issue with so many tabs but that could just need a UI solution.
I support some kind of organization to the Marketplace. There's currently 17 pages on there, and there's no way to sort through them. I'd be happy if at least it separated ancients from moderns. It would be a start. We have way too many genes for this. I didn't really want to have to search through roughly 170 items on the off chance that the one I'm looking for is there. Something needs done about it, that's for sure. Even a search function would be an improvement like the Hoard has one.
I support some kind of organization to the Marketplace. There's currently 17 pages on there, and there's no way to sort through them. I'd be happy if at least it separated ancients from moderns. It would be a start. We have way too many genes for this. I didn't really want to have to search through roughly 170 items on the off chance that the one I'm looking for is there. Something needs done about it, that's for sure. Even a search function would be an improvement like the Hoard has one.
dlJsEIj.png
Support! Organize/sort the marketplace to clear up gene clutter. A few alternate proposals:
- Every gene only appears once in the market place, then when you click "purchase" you are prompted asking which copy you want to buy (modern, aberration, veilspun, etc)
- Filters at the top of the marketplace, like there are on hoard tabs or the auction house. That way you can filter for "primary" and "banescale" and see all available primary banescale genes.
Support! Organize/sort the marketplace to clear up gene clutter. A few alternate proposals:
- Every gene only appears once in the market place, then when you click "purchase" you are prompted asking which copy you want to buy (modern, aberration, veilspun, etc)
- Filters at the top of the marketplace, like there are on hoard tabs or the auction house. That way you can filter for "primary" and "banescale" and see all available primary banescale genes.
Ze1j19T.pngLogo-Small.png75ef79ed8718dc7e193715e6f69776095e3074ab.gifdemicatcher.png
I think all the breed change scrolls and remove genes should go with the other specialty items that can be applied to any dragon.

At the very least modern and ancient genes need to be separated from each other in both the treasure and gem markets.

For modern genes, I would like to see separate tabs for primary, secondary, and tertiary genes. (no filter needed)

For the ancient breeds, I agree with the above that there needs to be a filter so you can separate out the genes that are unique to each breed. Or there needs to be tabs for each breed with all the genes for that breed.

I have accidentally bought ancient genes when I wanted modern. The graphic doesn't always register with me.
I think all the breed change scrolls and remove genes should go with the other specialty items that can be applied to any dragon.

At the very least modern and ancient genes need to be separated from each other in both the treasure and gem markets.

For modern genes, I would like to see separate tabs for primary, secondary, and tertiary genes. (no filter needed)

For the ancient breeds, I agree with the above that there needs to be a filter so you can separate out the genes that are unique to each breed. Or there needs to be tabs for each breed with all the genes for that breed.

I have accidentally bought ancient genes when I wanted modern. The graphic doesn't always register with me.
I think that it would be a lot better at this point to separate stuff like genes from stuff like vistas and scenes, yeah. I've also bought ancient genes when I wanted modern as well as bought the wrong type of ancient gene (like buying something for another ancient breed when I wanted a gene for Veilspuns) something needs to give there as well.
I think that it would be a lot better at this point to separate stuff like genes from stuff like vistas and scenes, yeah. I've also bought ancient genes when I wanted modern as well as bought the wrong type of ancient gene (like buying something for another ancient breed when I wanted a gene for Veilspuns) something needs to give there as well.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
I like this best so far as I feel it's better than having one catch-all for ancient genes with a "hover over" as to which ancient the scroll in question works on. After all, mobile devices don't allow for "hover over."
I like this best so far as I feel it's better than having one catch-all for ancient genes with a "hover over" as to which ancient the scroll in question works on. After all, mobile devices don't allow for "hover over."
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?