Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ~ Classic Spyro inspired RP ~ | open!
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Hanafuda
hehe, i'm glad! i've got some notes, but overall, i think Venti is gonna be an interesting team member~ a chronic shut-in looking for adventure! he's gonna get a lot more than he initially bargained for, that's for sure ;D
  • Venti would have to be a little older to join the guild, as i've decided 16 is the youngest the guild is willing to go for recruits. They don't wanna potentially endanger too many kids-
  • In this world, dragonkind (outside of those who possess Horizon Farers magic) cannot fly, so his triva bit about "flying with the adults" wouldn't make much sense unless he was a Horizon Farer- (though, if you're open to suggestions, that would be a kind of neat angle to say he was raised in a section of the Artisans' homeworld that has a lot of Horizon Farer activity!)
  • i thought i'd already added this note, so this bit's on me, but sparks cannot verbally communicate with dragons! they can talk to each other, but communicate with dragons and others via body language. i might add a small section about some dragons being able to verbally understand their sparks, because that could be a neat little tidbit, but it wouldn't be a super common thing.
  • this is mostly just a formatting thing, but the initial question got a grammar update because I'm Blind :'] it's now "What’s your name, and which community do you call your own?"
  • OH & he needs a guild role! those finally got updated, and i've also added one last question to the Questionnaire, which is related to that: "Which division within the guild — Researcher, Scout, Guardian, or Medic — do you think you're best suited for, and why?"

and uhhh yE, that's about it!
@Hanafuda
hehe, i'm glad! i've got some notes, but overall, i think Venti is gonna be an interesting team member~ a chronic shut-in looking for adventure! he's gonna get a lot more than he initially bargained for, that's for sure ;D
  • Venti would have to be a little older to join the guild, as i've decided 16 is the youngest the guild is willing to go for recruits. They don't wanna potentially endanger too many kids-
  • In this world, dragonkind (outside of those who possess Horizon Farers magic) cannot fly, so his triva bit about "flying with the adults" wouldn't make much sense unless he was a Horizon Farer- (though, if you're open to suggestions, that would be a kind of neat angle to say he was raised in a section of the Artisans' homeworld that has a lot of Horizon Farer activity!)
  • i thought i'd already added this note, so this bit's on me, but sparks cannot verbally communicate with dragons! they can talk to each other, but communicate with dragons and others via body language. i might add a small section about some dragons being able to verbally understand their sparks, because that could be a neat little tidbit, but it wouldn't be a super common thing.
  • this is mostly just a formatting thing, but the initial question got a grammar update because I'm Blind :'] it's now "What’s your name, and which community do you call your own?"
  • OH & he needs a guild role! those finally got updated, and i've also added one last question to the Questionnaire, which is related to that: "Which division within the guild — Researcher, Scout, Guardian, or Medic — do you think you're best suited for, and why?"

and uhhh yE, that's about it!
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
Thanks for the info. I’ll update accordingly later.
Thanks for the info. I’ll update accordingly later.
DRAGON
Name: Seraya
Meaning: flowing water
Nickname(s): Sera
Pronouns: She/Her
Community: Dream Weavers
Breath Type: Sleep
Magic Type: Illusions
Guild Role: Scout

Physical Appearance:
Seraya is a lean young dragoness with pastel pink scales and dark violet wings. The spines on her back are a light, almost pearlescent hue of green, while her horns and claws are the colour of bone with a slight golden shimmer. Notably one of her horns is broken, only a small portion remaining on her head, which, together with her intact horn and from a certain angle can make it look like there's a crescent moon behind her head. Her dark green eyes seem friendly and she makes an overall happy inpression. If her past or her missing horn bother her it's not apparent.

Apparel / Accessories:
A necklace with a purple crystal around her neck and a thin piece of dark purple ribbon tied to her intact horn.

Biography:
Seraya grew up in the starlit mountains and crystal filled caves of Dark Passage in the Dream Weavers world. Being outgoing and adventurous from a young age she loved to explore her homeworld, much to the dismay of her guardians, as the steep cliffs and dark caves are not exactly the ideal playground for a fletchling. Still Seraya managed to slip away from the watchful eyes of the grownups countless times.
While she did get along with most other young dragons her restless nature didn't really allow for a rigid friendgroup to form around her. Nonetheless she was usually welcome to join the local groups in their games. During one such occasion, chasing through the caves (definitely a game forbidden by the adults), a crystal that dislodged from the ceiling threatened to fall on a fellow dragon. Without hesitation Seraya charged towards her friend, only thinking about what she was doing in the last second managing to turn her head away as to not skewer her friend with her horns. Slamming into her friend with her side she managed to push him out of harms way but the falling crystal did strike her head, breaking her left horn. Luckily for everyone involved no one suffered any grave injuries.
The adults expected that event to teach Seraya to be more careful, maybe listen to them for once, some even feared she would suffer some trauma and lose her happy go lucky nature. To everyones surprise the exact opposite happened. Saving her friend filled Sera with imense pride and she was never more confident in her abilities and her capability to do the right thing. From that day forward, even more so than before, she was looking for trouble and danger to try and help others.

Guild Questionnaire

"What’s your name, and which community do you call your own?"
My name's Seraya, Sera for short. I'm a Dream Weaver.

"Why is it you’re applying to the Clover Oath Guild? What made you seek us out?"
I was told you guys are helping other dragons in all of our realms. You see... I really love my home, but I've spent all my life there and I really want to go and see more of the dragon worlds. I thought this might be a good opportunity to do some good while at it.

"Why do you think you’re a good fit for the Guild? What do you hope to accomplish with us?"
I maybe not the strongest, but I'm pretty fast and a good glider. I'm also not afraid of new, unfamiliar environments. I think I can handle my own in most situations. As for what I want to accomlish with you... I don't know, I don't have a big goal in mind. Joining you just feels like the right thing.

"How well do you collaborate with others? Can you be an asset to a team?"
Oh I do get along with pretty much everybody and I'm happy to help out wherever I can!

"What kind of skills do you possess? Do you have any kind of 'signature' magical abilities that are unique to you?"
I'm an illusionist. I can trick your mind... maybe I'm not even here anymore as we speak.
Jokes aside, I do practice my illusions. I especially like making illusionary plants. They are pretty and you don't need to water them.

"Which division within the guild — Researcher, Scout, Guardian, or Medic — do you think you're best suited for, and why?"
Ooh, ooh ooh, scout! Please let me be a scout. I wanna go out there and see new places.

"Is there anything else we should know about you?"
Errrrm, given I'm a Dream Weaver I do sleep a lot. That's, um... that's totally a Dream Weaver thing. Don't think I'm lazy. If you ever catch me sleeping on the job, just wake me up... gently.

Trivia
  • The crystal necklace she wears is actually made from the same crystal that almost fell on her fellow playmate. After the incident Seraya went back to the cave and took a crystal shard as a memento of her heroism as well as a reminder that some good deeds come at a cost.
  • Being a Dream Weaver Seraya is a very active and lucid dreamer. This most notably causes a high risk of very active sleepwalking. A lesser known ability of hers is that occasionally she can also enter the dreams of others if sleeping next to them. It's not a 100% success rate though, dreaming isn't an exact science.
  • Seraya loves playing in water.
  • Despite her best efforts not to let anyone know the falling crystal incident did giver her a mild phopia of things falling onto her. Try giving her a surprise hug from behind and see where that gets you.
  • Serayas breath ability manifests as a golden mist that that will send smaller creatures to sleep. Bigger or tougher foes might be unaffected.

SPARK
Name: Slingshot
Species: Cameleon

Appearance:
Slingshot typically mimics the green spines of Seraya but can change colours. While not actually making him invisible this may make him exceedingly hard to spot sometimes.

Characteristics:
Slingshot always watches Serayas back... literally. If he spots any potential danger he will alert Seraya with a flick of his tongue. Since he is rather slow on foot he also uses his sticky tongue as a means of getting places or manipulating objects. He's got impecable aim and about one dragon length in reach.
DRAGON
Name: Seraya
Meaning: flowing water
Nickname(s): Sera
Pronouns: She/Her
Community: Dream Weavers
Breath Type: Sleep
Magic Type: Illusions
Guild Role: Scout

Physical Appearance:
Seraya is a lean young dragoness with pastel pink scales and dark violet wings. The spines on her back are a light, almost pearlescent hue of green, while her horns and claws are the colour of bone with a slight golden shimmer. Notably one of her horns is broken, only a small portion remaining on her head, which, together with her intact horn and from a certain angle can make it look like there's a crescent moon behind her head. Her dark green eyes seem friendly and she makes an overall happy inpression. If her past or her missing horn bother her it's not apparent.

Apparel / Accessories:
A necklace with a purple crystal around her neck and a thin piece of dark purple ribbon tied to her intact horn.

Biography:
Seraya grew up in the starlit mountains and crystal filled caves of Dark Passage in the Dream Weavers world. Being outgoing and adventurous from a young age she loved to explore her homeworld, much to the dismay of her guardians, as the steep cliffs and dark caves are not exactly the ideal playground for a fletchling. Still Seraya managed to slip away from the watchful eyes of the grownups countless times.
While she did get along with most other young dragons her restless nature didn't really allow for a rigid friendgroup to form around her. Nonetheless she was usually welcome to join the local groups in their games. During one such occasion, chasing through the caves (definitely a game forbidden by the adults), a crystal that dislodged from the ceiling threatened to fall on a fellow dragon. Without hesitation Seraya charged towards her friend, only thinking about what she was doing in the last second managing to turn her head away as to not skewer her friend with her horns. Slamming into her friend with her side she managed to push him out of harms way but the falling crystal did strike her head, breaking her left horn. Luckily for everyone involved no one suffered any grave injuries.
The adults expected that event to teach Seraya to be more careful, maybe listen to them for once, some even feared she would suffer some trauma and lose her happy go lucky nature. To everyones surprise the exact opposite happened. Saving her friend filled Sera with imense pride and she was never more confident in her abilities and her capability to do the right thing. From that day forward, even more so than before, she was looking for trouble and danger to try and help others.

Guild Questionnaire

My name's Seraya, Sera for short. I'm a Dream Weaver.

"Why is it you’re applying to the Clover Oath Guild? What made you seek us out?"
I was told you guys are helping other dragons in all of our realms. You see... I really love my home, but I've spent all my life there and I really want to go and see more of the dragon worlds. I thought this might be a good opportunity to do some good while at it.

"Why do you think you’re a good fit for the Guild? What do you hope to accomplish with us?"
I maybe not the strongest, but I'm pretty fast and a good glider. I'm also not afraid of new, unfamiliar environments. I think I can handle my own in most situations. As for what I want to accomlish with you... I don't know, I don't have a big goal in mind. Joining you just feels like the right thing.

Oh I do get along with pretty much everybody and I'm happy to help out wherever I can!

"What kind of skills do you possess? Do you have any kind of 'signature' magical abilities that are unique to you?"
I'm an illusionist. I can trick your mind... maybe I'm not even here anymore as we speak.
Jokes aside, I do practice my illusions. I especially like making illusionary plants. They are pretty and you don't need to water them.

"Which division within the guild — Researcher, Scout, Guardian, or Medic — do you think you're best suited for, and why?"
Ooh, ooh ooh, scout! Please let me be a scout. I wanna go out there and see new places.

Errrrm, given I'm a Dream Weaver I do sleep a lot. That's, um... that's totally a Dream Weaver thing. Don't think I'm lazy. If you ever catch me sleeping on the job, just wake me up... gently.

Trivia
  • The crystal necklace she wears is actually made from the same crystal that almost fell on her fellow playmate. After the incident Seraya went back to the cave and took a crystal shard as a memento of her heroism as well as a reminder that some good deeds come at a cost.
  • Being a Dream Weaver Seraya is a very active and lucid dreamer. This most notably causes a high risk of very active sleepwalking. A lesser known ability of hers is that occasionally she can also enter the dreams of others if sleeping next to them. It's not a 100% success rate though, dreaming isn't an exact science.
  • Seraya loves playing in water.
  • Despite her best efforts not to let anyone know the falling crystal incident did giver her a mild phopia of things falling onto her. Try giving her a surprise hug from behind and see where that gets you.
  • Serayas breath ability manifests as a golden mist that that will send smaller creatures to sleep. Bigger or tougher foes might be unaffected.

SPARK
Name: Slingshot
Species: Cameleon

Appearance:
Slingshot typically mimics the green spines of Seraya but can change colours. While not actually making him invisible this may make him exceedingly hard to spot sometimes.

Characteristics:
Slingshot always watches Serayas back... literally. If he spots any potential danger he will alert Seraya with a flick of his tongue. Since he is rather slow on foot he also uses his sticky tongue as a means of getting places or manipulating objects. He's got impecable aim and about one dragon length in reach.
How's that?
If anything needs revision let me know.
How's that?
If anything needs revision let me know.
OHH, i adore Seraya !! rabble rouser gal, and i love her lil spark <3 honestly, everything looks more than perfect! she's gonna be a blast to have in the guild, i'm really excited to see how her heroism develops further >:3
OHH, i adore Seraya !! rabble rouser gal, and i love her lil spark <3 honestly, everything looks more than perfect! she's gonna be a blast to have in the guild, i'm really excited to see how her heroism develops further >:3
gigantic wip asdfsghddsdfh ----- [emoji=bestiary size=1] [color=#079686][size=5][font=garton][b][u]DRAGON[/u][/b][/font][/size][/color][font=spectral] [b]Name ~[/b] Varian[indent][font=spectral][b]Meaning ~[/b] Variant form of the Latin clan name "Varius," meaning "diverse," "different," "changeable." [b]Nickname(s) ~[/b][/indent][font=spectral][b]Age ~[/b] [b]Gender ~[/b][indent][font=spectral][b]Pronouns ~[/b] They/Them/Their[/indent][font=spectral][b]Community ~[/b] Dream Weavers [indent][font=spectral][b]Species ~[/b] Dragon, Beast Maker - Dream Weaver hybrid; [i]"Beast Weaver."[/i][/indent][font=spectral][b]Breath Type ~[/b] None [b]Magic Type ~[/b] Summoner [b]Guild Role ~[/b] [b][u]Physical Appearance[/u][/b] [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1047326418746478642/1087139316947484803/beast_weaver_babby.png[/img] [size=1][url=https://ko-fi.com/drakeroot]base - drakeroot[/url][/size][/center] [font=spectral]Lorem ipsum. - Tail-tuft is vaguely shaped like a crescent moon. [b][u]Apparel[/u] & [u]Accessories[/u][/b] [LIST][*][font=spectral][u][i]Leather Gloves[/i][/u] [indent][font=spectral]A pair of black, fingerless gloves, made from animal hide.[/indent] [*][font=spectral][u][i]Dream-Beast Lantern Staff[/i][/u] [indent][font=spectral]Description.[/indent] [*][font=spectral][u][i]Guild Cloak[/i][/u] [indent][font=spectral]Description.[/indent] [*][font=spectral][u][i]Guild Messenger Bag[/i][/u] [indent][font=spectral]Description.[/indent][/LIST] [font=spectral][b][u]Biography[/u][/b] | confident | empathetic | perceptive | | inquisitive | enthusiastic | breezy | audacious | | vindictive | abrasive | reckless | [size=5][font=garton][b][u]Guild Questionnaire[/u][/b][/font][/size] [size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva][b]"What’s your name, and which community do you call your own?"[/b][/font][/size] [indent][font=spectral][color=#079686][b]"Well, I’m [i]from[/i] the Dream Weavers, because my Ba is a Dream Weaver, but I’m also technically from the Beast Makers because my Mama’s a Beast Maker. I consider myself part of both, but I’m definitely more aligned with the Dream Weavers — even if I... uh, don’t really fit in that well, with either community."[/b][/color][/indent] [size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva][b]"Why is it you’re applying to the Clover Oath Guild? What made you seek us out?"[/b][/font][/size] [indent][font=spectral]Lorem ipsum.[/indent] [size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva][b]"Why do you think you’re a good fit for the Guild? What do you hope to accomplish with us?"[/b][/font][/size] [indent][font=spectral]Lorem ipsum.[/indent] [size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva][b]"How well do you collaborate with others? Can you be an asset to a team?"[/b][/font][/size] [indent][font=spectral]Lorem ipsum.[/indent] [size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva][b]"What kind of skills do you possess? Do you have any kind of 'signature' magical abilities that are unique to you?"[/b][/font][/size] [indent][font=spectral]They absolutely light up at the question. [color=#079686][b]“I can summon little creatures!”[/b][/color][/indent] [size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva][b]"Which division within the guild — Researcher, Scout, Guardian, or Medic — do you think you're best suited for, and why?"[/b][/font][/size] [indent][font=spectral]Lorem ipsum.[/indent] [size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva][b]"Is there anything else we should know about you?"[/b][/font][/size] [indent][font=spectral]Lorem ipsum.[/indent] [font=spectral][b][u]Trivia[/u][/b] [LIST] [*][font=spectral]Unable to dream-walk, as far as they’re aware. [/LIST] [emoji=gold star size=1] [color=#079686][size=5][font=garton][b][u]SPARK[/u][/b][/font][/size][/color][font=spectral] [b]Name ~[/b] Foster [b]Species ~[/b] Bumble-Moth [b]Appearance ~[/b] Golden-yellow & brown [b]Characteristics ~[/b]
gigantic wip asdfsghddsdfh
DRAGON
Name ~ Varian
Meaning ~ Variant form of the Latin clan name "Varius," meaning "diverse," "different," "changeable."
Nickname(s) ~
Age ~
Gender ~
Pronouns ~ They/Them/Their
Community ~ Dream Weavers
Species ~ Dragon, Beast Maker - Dream Weaver hybrid; "Beast Weaver."
Breath Type ~ None
Magic Type ~ Summoner
Guild Role ~

Physical Appearance
Lorem ipsum.
- Tail-tuft is vaguely shaped like a crescent moon.

Apparel & Accessories
  • Leather Gloves
    A pair of black, fingerless gloves, made from animal hide.
  • Dream-Beast Lantern Staff
    Description.
  • Guild Cloak
    Description.
  • Guild Messenger Bag
    Description.
Biography

| confident | empathetic | perceptive |

| inquisitive | enthusiastic | breezy | audacious |

| vindictive | abrasive | reckless |

Guild Questionnaire

"Well, I’m from the Dream Weavers, because my Ba is a Dream Weaver, but I’m also technically from the Beast Makers because my Mama’s a Beast Maker. I consider myself part of both, but I’m definitely more aligned with the Dream Weavers — even if I... uh, don’t really fit in that well, with either community."

Lorem ipsum.

Lorem ipsum.

Lorem ipsum.

They absolutely light up at the question. “I can summon little creatures!”

Lorem ipsum.

Lorem ipsum.

Trivia
  • Unable to dream-walk, as far as they’re aware.

SPARK
Name ~ Foster
Species ~ Bumble-Moth

Appearance ~ Golden-yellow & brown

Characteristics ~
hey wait is this still open? It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on fr. I’ve been so damn depressed lol.
hey wait is this still open? It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on fr. I’ve been so damn depressed lol.
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
@Eliseium
Don't I feel that adasfgafhh- but ye, it is! I went on an extended hiatus bc I wasn't fully ready to start this up. But, it's now officially and truly open!
@Eliseium
Don't I feel that adasfgafhh- but ye, it is! I went on an extended hiatus bc I wasn't fully ready to start this up. But, it's now officially and truly open!
@straypunk

dude you have no idea- I need happiness. my laptop actually died weeks ago so I’m stuck to my ipad for the time being :/ responses will be slow because of it but i should be getting a new one soon.
@straypunk

dude you have no idea- I need happiness. my laptop actually died weeks ago so I’m stuck to my ipad for the time being :/ responses will be slow because of it but i should be getting a new one soon.
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
I hope there's better times ahead for you guys. I guess we could all need a bit of happiness in our lifes. =w=

Speaking of good times ahead, are we waiting for one more or are we good to go? :3
I hope there's better times ahead for you guys. I guess we could all need a bit of happiness in our lifes. =w=

Speaking of good times ahead, are we waiting for one more or are we good to go? :3
1 2 3 4 5 6