Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What do you like about where you live?
1 2
there are parts i dislike, our fire season has become year round and the wind can be awful. there's a lot of parts i do like though, we live in the woods and although i can't see the mountains until you drive into town i love that they're always on the horizon. because we have mountains we also have a lot of other geological features, i minored in geology and had a field study and got to go all over the state (within an hour or so from the campus) and see all types of rocks and formations. it made me have a lot bigger appreciation for where i live, humans are so small in comparison to geologic time.
there are parts i dislike, our fire season has become year round and the wind can be awful. there's a lot of parts i do like though, we live in the woods and although i can't see the mountains until you drive into town i love that they're always on the horizon. because we have mountains we also have a lot of other geological features, i minored in geology and had a field study and got to go all over the state (within an hour or so from the campus) and see all types of rocks and formations. it made me have a lot bigger appreciation for where i live, humans are so small in comparison to geologic time.
golden line with blue and white pearls and diamonds
it's beautiful, lots of trees and it rains a lot! Not too hot, not too cold. :) I wouldn't live anywhere else!
it's beautiful, lots of trees and it rains a lot! Not too hot, not too cold. :) I wouldn't live anywhere else!
it's fairly easy to walk around in the small town where i live, especially compared to in the big city i grew up in imo, which is good for me because i don't have my license
it's fairly easy to walk around in the small town where i live, especially compared to in the big city i grew up in imo, which is good for me because i don't have my license
lily, she/her, 22
Uhhhhhh
We are boring so not much

Uhhhhhhhh

We have dinosaurs and cowboys in the same area.
Uhhhhhh
We are boring so not much

Uhhhhhhhh

We have dinosaurs and cowboys in the same area.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
What a nice question! I love that I live within a reasonable walking distance to the beach. Even if it isn't among the prettiest of beaches, there are lots of wild birds to see. And if I go in the other direction, I could spend the whole day wandering around the rolling hills and meadows. It's especially gorgeous in the springtime, when a plethora of wildflowers erupt everywhere.
What a nice question! I love that I live within a reasonable walking distance to the beach. Even if it isn't among the prettiest of beaches, there are lots of wild birds to see. And if I go in the other direction, I could spend the whole day wandering around the rolling hills and meadows. It's especially gorgeous in the springtime, when a plethora of wildflowers erupt everywhere.
pFIAgVa.png
manatad | the emerald dove
FR+10
Where I live now, can't say there's much beyond the convenience of not having to travel far.

A few months ago, though... There was a very beautiful and rather large lake nearby and I absolutely loved getting to go out by it and just... listen to nature. Be it day or night. It would just absorb all the stress away.

Then there were the seasons. Watching them change never got old. Especially fall colors.
Where I live now, can't say there's much beyond the convenience of not having to travel far.

A few months ago, though... There was a very beautiful and rather large lake nearby and I absolutely loved getting to go out by it and just... listen to nature. Be it day or night. It would just absorb all the stress away.

Then there were the seasons. Watching them change never got old. Especially fall colors.
It's beautiful year round. The mountains, the lake, the town centre which still manages to feel cosy despite the bustle, it's all wonderful. Everything is also within walking distance, which is great, because I can't drive.
It's beautiful year round. The mountains, the lake, the town centre which still manages to feel cosy despite the bustle, it's all wonderful. Everything is also within walking distance, which is great, because I can't drive.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
Not far from Appalachia so rolling hills and forests, wildlife everywhere, lots of cool fossils in creeks(or cricks as we say here lol).. Also cheap lol
Not far from Appalachia so rolling hills and forests, wildlife everywhere, lots of cool fossils in creeks(or cricks as we say here lol).. Also cheap lol
I live in a college city which is pretty nice. It's big enough that we have a lot of niceties but small enough that there isn't suffocating traffic and we have a lot of parks and other natural areas. I really don't think I'd like to live anywhere much smaller or bigger than this. If only the weather didn't suck for most of the year it'd be perfect. </3

Oh and also a really nice bus system that I've used quite a lot. Dunno where I'd be without it lol.
I live in a college city which is pretty nice. It's big enough that we have a lot of niceties but small enough that there isn't suffocating traffic and we have a lot of parks and other natural areas. I really don't think I'd like to live anywhere much smaller or bigger than this. If only the weather didn't suck for most of the year it'd be perfect. </3

Oh and also a really nice bus system that I've used quite a lot. Dunno where I'd be without it lol.
hzM3Sr2.png
rr8xP9d.png
QUIpVFE.png
fdUVIfW.png
Vs2WmBF.png
3adgzZD.png
vmrO2yN.png
ll0CfnD.png
IrmwTXC.png
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
FR-signature-friend.png