Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Tooltip Flickering on Righthand Side
Don't wanna necro a 2 y/o thread but I'm kinda fed up. Issue is essentially identical to: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2923985#post_2923985, just resistricted to the right-most column.

Problem: When hovering mouse over item icons near the right-most column tooltip rappidly flickers on and off, severely impeding the player's ability to click on said item.

When: Basically always? Esp. annoying when trying to select familiars / skins.

When Start: Been happening so long I honestly can't remember. Fwiw earliest memory of the issue is around the time clan page refactor / game database were implemented. Possible it existed before, not sure.

Browser:
Chrome Version 109.0.5414.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.2486

Extensions: Adblock, Darkreader, Read Aloud (all disabled on FR)

Also just for aspect ratio reference, device is a Surface Pro 4.

P.S. If anyone knows an easy way to screen record on windows 10 without downloading anything extra please lmk so can show the issue in progress. Can't use XBox game bar to record chrome anymore and I'm low on space / not willing to risk a questionable download.
Don't wanna necro a 2 y/o thread but I'm kinda fed up. Issue is essentially identical to: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2923985#post_2923985, just resistricted to the right-most column.

Problem: When hovering mouse over item icons near the right-most column tooltip rappidly flickers on and off, severely impeding the player's ability to click on said item.

When: Basically always? Esp. annoying when trying to select familiars / skins.

When Start: Been happening so long I honestly can't remember. Fwiw earliest memory of the issue is around the time clan page refactor / game database were implemented. Possible it existed before, not sure.

Browser:
Chrome Version 109.0.5414.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.2486

Extensions: Adblock, Darkreader, Read Aloud (all disabled on FR)

Also just for aspect ratio reference, device is a Surface Pro 4.

P.S. If anyone knows an easy way to screen record on windows 10 without downloading anything extra please lmk so can show the issue in progress. Can't use XBox game bar to record chrome anymore and I'm low on space / not willing to risk a questionable download.
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
@marropo
Where is this issue occurring for you? does it affect just forum posts, or is it present in other places like the inventory, marketplace, game database, etc. I'm using the same OS and browser as you and I haven't encountered this problem myself.

As for a screen recorder, there are chrome extensions if you're willing to add that to your browser temporarily. Just search for "screen recorder" in the chrome webstore. any of the top rated ones should be good for get a quick recording.
@marropo
Where is this issue occurring for you? does it affect just forum posts, or is it present in other places like the inventory, marketplace, game database, etc. I'm using the same OS and browser as you and I haven't encountered this problem myself.

As for a screen recorder, there are chrome extensions if you're willing to add that to your browser temporarily. Just search for "screen recorder" in the chrome webstore. any of the top rated ones should be good for get a quick recording.
QoiHu86.png
@VariantLoki

Checking more thoroughly...

- Doesn't seem affect the forums (except when columns are used pushing accents closer to the right hand side) or marketplace.
- Affects the hoard, the the game database, and area where you add / remove familiars. Of note though, it's not as bad in sections where the box the item sits in is larger. I.e. it's much worse in the skin section of the game database than in the food section.

Good to know! Imma hold off for now jic. Will give it a shot if staff request though.
@VariantLoki

Checking more thoroughly...

- Doesn't seem affect the forums (except when columns are used pushing accents closer to the right hand side) or marketplace.
- Affects the hoard, the the game database, and area where you add / remove familiars. Of note though, it's not as bad in sections where the box the item sits in is larger. I.e. it's much worse in the skin section of the game database than in the food section.

Good to know! Imma hold off for now jic. Will give it a shot if staff request though.
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

LOR2.png
I also get this issue too! using chrome and also happens sometimes on safari on my phone
I also get this issue too! using chrome and also happens sometimes on safari on my phone
78464449.png
Pretty Purples
Owner of Silver's Naming Services!
She/he please!

76923075.png

this is happening to me as well, but sometimes fixes itself after moving the mouse away and back to the misbehaving item. it also doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes, and seems to happen more often if I move my mouse in from the right rather than scrolling over from an item on the left.
I use Firefox on Windows 10 with Ublock Origin installed.
this is happening to me as well, but sometimes fixes itself after moving the mouse away and back to the misbehaving item. it also doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes, and seems to happen more often if I move my mouse in from the right rather than scrolling over from an item on the left.
I use Firefox on Windows 10 with Ublock Origin installed.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I happen to have this bug too, so I recorded it myself. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/979186581053243455/1074990765001953350/ezgif-1-f424d2ef64.gif[/img] The flashing is way faster and more annoying, but unfortunately I couldn't capture it super well due to FPS limitations. I use Chrome on Windows 10 with UBlock Origin installed. I also zoom in 175% more than usual, so perhaps that may be the issue for me at least. If not, then perhaps this at least shows what marropo is describing.
I happen to have this bug too, so I recorded it myself.

ezgif-1-f424d2ef64.gif

The flashing is way faster and more annoying, but unfortunately I couldn't capture it super well due to FPS limitations.
I use Chrome on Windows 10 with UBlock Origin installed. I also zoom in 175% more than usual, so perhaps that may be the issue for me at least. If not, then perhaps this at least shows what marropo is describing.
dFnwkLI.png eq6zQ9M.png pZJYyk4.png
FObX7rS.png z3FSuck.png DxCICZ1.png

YMPbu9R.png
alright, just to add to this issue a bit more! It happens with dragons as well, when you hover over them and bring up the preliminary info, sometime it flickers rapidly and wont let you click on the dragon. the way to solve it is just move the mouse off and then back again.
alright, just to add to this issue a bit more! It happens with dragons as well, when you hover over them and bring up the preliminary info, sometime it flickers rapidly and wont let you click on the dragon. the way to solve it is just move the mouse off and then back again.
78464449.png
Pretty Purples
Owner of Silver's Naming Services!
She/he please!

76923075.png

I have noticed this issue on windows 10 with chrome as well as edge, but the issue only arises for me when the browser window is not maximized.
I have noticed this issue on windows 10 with chrome as well as edge, but the issue only arises for me when the browser window is not maximized.
Interesting it only happens for you when the window isn't maxed. Happens all the time for me but that makes me wonder if it's somehow tied to scale / resolution. For whatever reason Surface Pro 4s (2730x1824) default to 200% scale (100% makes icons / text tiny and nigh unreadable). Chrome is still standard 100% but maybe this all means something to someone who knows more how this stuff works.

Assumed it's caused by conflicting permissions. I.e. the outer border isn't clickable, where the skin / item etc. should be. Perhaps on certain machines / window orientations they overlap.
Interesting it only happens for you when the window isn't maxed. Happens all the time for me but that makes me wonder if it's somehow tied to scale / resolution. For whatever reason Surface Pro 4s (2730x1824) default to 200% scale (100% makes icons / text tiny and nigh unreadable). Chrome is still standard 100% but maybe this all means something to someone who knows more how this stuff works.

Assumed it's caused by conflicting permissions. I.e. the outer border isn't clickable, where the skin / item etc. should be. Perhaps on certain machines / window orientations they overlap.
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

LOR2.png