Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Random Item Generator
I hope this is the right spot. I think it is, because this generator i made should be useful for people writing lore.

So, the reason i made this is because i have a couple dragons who i don't know what to do with, lore-wise. I decided i wanted to get 3 random items from the databsed, and make a story for the dragon based off of that. The tactic i tried was finding the highest ID apparel, put that as a maximum in a number generator, then replace the ID number in the game database, to go to whatever item i rolled. The issue with that is there are so many. skins. And they look nice, but i wanted items, not skins. So, i worked on this generator. It has every food, material, egg, trinket, and holiday item in it. I plan to get apparel, some chests, and familiars in there sometime soon, but for now im happy enough with it to release it.

What it will do is randomly generate 3 items of any food, material, trinket, egg, or holiday item. You can then use just the names alone to inspire a story, or you can look the items up in the Game Database, and use the items' icons and descriptions for more inspiration. I hope ya'll find this helpful, and let me know if you used it and have any criticism!
I hope this is the right spot. I think it is, because this generator i made should be useful for people writing lore.

So, the reason i made this is because i have a couple dragons who i don't know what to do with, lore-wise. I decided i wanted to get 3 random items from the databsed, and make a story for the dragon based off of that. The tactic i tried was finding the highest ID apparel, put that as a maximum in a number generator, then replace the ID number in the game database, to go to whatever item i rolled. The issue with that is there are so many. skins. And they look nice, but i wanted items, not skins. So, i worked on this generator. It has every food, material, egg, trinket, and holiday item in it. I plan to get apparel, some chests, and familiars in there sometime soon, but for now im happy enough with it to release it.

What it will do is randomly generate 3 items of any food, material, trinket, egg, or holiday item. You can then use just the names alone to inspire a story, or you can look the items up in the Game Database, and use the items' icons and descriptions for more inspiration. I hope ya'll find this helpful, and let me know if you used it and have any criticism!
Thanks for this; it's a real cool idea! Though I'm admittedly obsessed with randomizing things for stories. It's fun thinking outside the box, you know?

Humorously, the items I rolled fit some characters I was just thinking of, and I don't even have fandragons of them. lol Maybe I should get on that, then?
Thanks for this; it's a real cool idea! Though I'm admittedly obsessed with randomizing things for stories. It's fun thinking outside the box, you know?

Humorously, the items I rolled fit some characters I was just thinking of, and I don't even have fandragons of them. lol Maybe I should get on that, then?
d4A4NoC.png FKelvKN.png

Fan of both medieval and circus aesthetics.
@TigerFestival I think i get what you mean, yeah! I always like using a random word generator, then making myself write a story related to the word. It's a challenge i find fun.
@TigerFestival I think i get what you mean, yeah! I always like using a random word generator, then making myself write a story related to the word. It's a challenge i find fun.
That's an interesting tool, thanks for sharing!

I remember I did something like that back in the day, I had to write a couple of short paragraphs for a dragon's developing story and I opened chests for that. Though it was pretty narrow list of items, it gave some additional flavor of rust / uncommon (whatever it's called) / gold to that progression.

Oh, I noticed a typo.
> use the Game Databse to find the item's icon
Databse should be Database
That's an interesting tool, thanks for sharing!

I remember I did something like that back in the day, I had to write a couple of short paragraphs for a dragon's developing story and I opened chests for that. Though it was pretty narrow list of items, it gave some additional flavor of rust / uncommon (whatever it's called) / gold to that progression.

Oh, I noticed a typo.
> use the Game Databse to find the item's icon
Databse should be Database
Pixel Teapot Wind and Nature joined emblem Ursegal Project emblem
@Akaineko Thanks for noticing that! Fixed it. And, i thought about doing that too, but i tend to open chests as soon as i get them, so i don't have any when i get to writing. This generator also has the possibility of giving anniversary, event only items, or supporter items, which probably won't be used as inspiration but at least it's there.
@Akaineko Thanks for noticing that! Fixed it. And, i thought about doing that too, but i tend to open chests as soon as i get them, so i don't have any when i get to writing. This generator also has the possibility of giving anniversary, event only items, or supporter items, which probably won't be used as inspiration but at least it's there.