Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin's Bubbling Brew Inventory
An inventory of all the BBB specific oozy and slimy materials while within Baldwin's Bubbling Brew's pages. It'd be a quality of life addition to have a constant inventory show how many of the sludges etc in their respective colors you have in your hoard while in BBB. Could have that rainbow of an inventory showing between the timer and the xp meter. [right]For example: Orange ooze: 99, Red ooze: 5[/right] Helps with both melding and creating. At present BBB feels a bit like making money and shopping without knowing the amount in your wallet. Awkward, unless you have that specific hoard page open in a separate tab. And regarding that, Baldwin by its nature is something you leave alone and forget about for 30mins or hours, so it feels against the grain to have to go to a separate place and tab to hoard to check what it was you needed more of to make 3 of X and how many you have left of Y. Having that info all at the same place would be excellent. In reflection an inventory of 25 or so items may be a task to cram into the page. Might have to be as tiny icons or at the bottom of the page or as text or something. But oh that would be wonderful! In comparison it is a difference of about 6 clicks/pages loading for me, when I check the hoard manually or alternatively I keep the hoard tab open passively for hours. At the very least I think it's something worth considering. [right]A sidenote, but in terms of visuals for this suggestion I think it could be charming to have their own vials for each group of icons. A vial for oozes, a vial for slimes, etc.[/right] Thanks for reading! And thanks for the lovely game of Flight Rising, FR team! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [right]PS: I'm unused to forums, hopefully this post comes across alright. Have a nice day [emoji=maple leaf size=1] [/right]
An inventory of all the BBB specific oozy and slimy materials while within Baldwin's Bubbling Brew's pages.

It'd be a quality of life addition to have a constant inventory show how many of the sludges etc in their respective colors you have in your hoard while in BBB. Could have that rainbow of an inventory showing between the timer and the xp meter.
For example: Orange ooze: 99, Red ooze: 5

Helps with both melding and creating. At present BBB feels a bit like making money and shopping without knowing the amount in your wallet. Awkward, unless you have that specific hoard page open in a separate tab.
And regarding that, Baldwin by its nature is something you leave alone and forget about for 30mins or hours, so it feels against the grain to have to go to a separate place and tab to hoard to check what it was you needed more of to make 3 of X and how many you have left of Y.
Having that info all at the same place would be excellent.

In reflection an inventory of 25 or so items may be a task to cram into the page. Might have to be as tiny icons or at the bottom of the page or as text or something. But oh that would be wonderful! In comparison it is a difference of about 6 clicks/pages loading for me, when I check the hoard manually or alternatively I keep the hoard tab open passively for hours.

At the very least I think it's something worth considering.

A sidenote, but in terms of visuals for this suggestion I think it could be charming to have their own vials for each group of icons. A vial for oozes, a vial for slimes, etc.

Thanks for reading! And thanks for the lovely game of Flight Rising, FR team!

PS: I'm unused to forums, hopefully this post comes across alright. Have a nice day
I like this idea but it would be pretty hard to implement without crowding the page, I think. I have hundreds of each material. Not to mention, will the beakers and sulfurs be in those counters too? If so, even more clutter. If not, then you still need to check your hoard to see what you have making the original idea mute for the most part (as most recipes require some sort of extra item).

It's a great idea and I like it, but at the moment I can't think of a way to implement this that wouldn't result in more clutter.
I like this idea but it would be pretty hard to implement without crowding the page, I think. I have hundreds of each material. Not to mention, will the beakers and sulfurs be in those counters too? If so, even more clutter. If not, then you still need to check your hoard to see what you have making the original idea mute for the most part (as most recipes require some sort of extra item).

It's a great idea and I like it, but at the moment I can't think of a way to implement this that wouldn't result in more clutter.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
Fair point @Panther202, BBB can be crowded as it is.
On the other hand, the page already has that feel to it, so I wouldn't mind leaning into it. But yeah performance issues... good point.

I think it would be wise to cap each item at 99 so even if you have 500 of green ooze, it'd show only 99.

Personally I don't think the alchemical compounds, such as glass beakers are as necessary to show as the base materials: goos, oozes, sludges, slimes, and mucks. These five groups are sort of the root of everything you do there.

I'd say test the five groups as an inventory first and then think about adding glass beakers and sizzling phosporuzes and such to the mix. I'd like them to be there too, but for me the five groups take priority.

Here's another thought though! If this inventory would cause loading issues to have on every page, how about making the inventory only for the very first page of BBB. The page where you decide whether you're melding or creating items. Or at the Melding page. Either or, it would be just one click away to check if you're deciding what to do.
Fair point @Panther202, BBB can be crowded as it is.
On the other hand, the page already has that feel to it, so I wouldn't mind leaning into it. But yeah performance issues... good point.

I think it would be wise to cap each item at 99 so even if you have 500 of green ooze, it'd show only 99.

Personally I don't think the alchemical compounds, such as glass beakers are as necessary to show as the base materials: goos, oozes, sludges, slimes, and mucks. These five groups are sort of the root of everything you do there.

I'd say test the five groups as an inventory first and then think about adding glass beakers and sizzling phosporuzes and such to the mix. I'd like them to be there too, but for me the five groups take priority.

Here's another thought though! If this inventory would cause loading issues to have on every page, how about making the inventory only for the very first page of BBB. The page where you decide whether you're melding or creating items. Or at the Melding page. Either or, it would be just one click away to check if you're deciding what to do.