Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how do you guys makes skins T0T
1 2
@WolfTears lmao! I'll be sure too!
@WolfTears lmao! I'll be sure too!
3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
[quote name="WolfTears" date="2022-10-14 16:18:36" ] I don't make skins (maybe someday), but I just wanted to say... This is true for all art. One of the best ways to get over that is to just keep going with something even if it doesn't appeal to you at the time. All art has it's "ugly" stage before it is finished. [/quote] ^absolutely, i would never have progressed into professional art if i stopped working on a piece every time i wasn't sure where it was going, or if it was going to turn out well. as a rule, once i've done everything i can think of to refine it to the best of my ability, only then do i decide whether or not it's 'good'. with experience you just get more and more 'winners' at the end of that process of pushing yourself to the limits of your skill. even with art experience of course, trying a new medium almost sticks you right back at square one - making skins is definitely a medium all its own, not even being a digital painter beforehand will completely prepare you for it, i feel. best of luck to you!
WolfTears wrote on 2022-10-14 16:18:36:
I don't make skins (maybe someday), but I just wanted to say... This is true for all art. One of the best ways to get over that is to just keep going with something even if it doesn't appeal to you at the time. All art has it's "ugly" stage before it is finished.
^absolutely, i would never have progressed into professional art if i stopped working on a piece every time i wasn't sure where it was going, or if it was going to turn out well. as a rule, once i've done everything i can think of to refine it to the best of my ability, only then do i decide whether or not it's 'good'. with experience you just get more and more 'winners' at the end of that process of pushing yourself to the limits of your skill.

even with art experience of course, trying a new medium almost sticks you right back at square one - making skins is definitely a medium all its own, not even being a digital painter beforehand will completely prepare you for it, i feel. best of luck to you!
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
[center][quote name="SovereignFives" date="2022-10-14 14:35:38" ] this is my process when I try to make skins/accents: *makes a sketch* Wow, this is awesome! *starts to paint flats while thinking about all the things I could do* Well, I'm gonna take a break! *comes back* This is awful... what was I thinking? *scraps*[/quote] I do literally [i]exactly this[/i] shdhsgdjsh I can do like... A vague sketch pretty well, but then I either lose inspiration/dunno what to add to the sketch or just. Never get past the sketch/rough flatcolours stage :'][/center]
SovereignFives wrote on 2022-10-14 14:35:38:
this is my process when I try to make skins/accents:
*makes a sketch* Wow, this is awesome!
*starts to paint flats while thinking about all the things I could do* Well, I'm gonna take a break!
*comes back* This is awful... what was I thinking? *scraps*

I do literally exactly this shdhsgdjsh I can do like... A vague sketch pretty well, but then I either lose inspiration/dunno what to add to the sketch or just. Never get past the sketch/rough flatcolours stage :']
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
I currently have made 4 skins and honestly the reason I even made them was because what I wanted had a very specific inspiration.
I currently have made 4 skins and honestly the reason I even made them was because what I wanted had a very specific inspiration.
Redwalk.gif
+9 hours FR time
I did my two entries for RoR in between interviews yesterday.. I finished the one today to add as my second entry. I went with a trust my gut sort of thing on it. I had a trusted person in my life take a look for me. They said they were "okay" ... they understate everything (like, if they took a test and got 100%, and you ask how they did, they say they did okay on it).
I did my two entries for RoR in between interviews yesterday.. I finished the one today to add as my second entry. I went with a trust my gut sort of thing on it. I had a trusted person in my life take a look for me. They said they were "okay" ... they understate everything (like, if they took a test and got 100%, and you ask how they did, they say they did okay on it).
BannerEggMoreEggsbb500.png
Kind of tempted to try my hand at it actually..
Kind of tempted to try my hand at it actually..
1 2