Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | About the Beastclans and Dragons…
1 2 3
There are plenty of stories that have war, bigotry, etc. in them, but just because it's part of the story doesn't mean we have to [i]like [/i]that it's a thing that happens. [quote name="LadyRaptor" date="2022-09-27 23:00:16" ] @/Almedha I like your take on it, that it's part of a larger cycle, in which all of the actors have at various times been "the bad guys." But if it is a cycle, I like to imagine there is hope it can be broken. Or at least that some dragons are trying to do so. [...] Players who want to lean into dragons as rampaging, conquering monsters certainly have grounds to do so. But you don't *have* to write your clan lore that way. Even keeping the lore as-is, there's plenty of room for *this* generation of dragons to decide to do things differently. [/quote] This exactly. With the ambassadors and events like Warrior's Way, it looks like the dragons and the beastclans are starting to get along better. Bad things happened in Sornieth, bad things happen in real life, but that doesn't mean it has to stay this way. What matters is that we try to improve things in the future. Both as dragons and as humans. But also, genuine question, can someone explain how the beastclans are "coded as POC"?
There are plenty of stories that have war, bigotry, etc. in them, but just because it's part of the story doesn't mean we have to like that it's a thing that happens.
LadyRaptor wrote on 2022-09-27 23:00:16:
@/Almedha I like your take on it, that it's part of a larger cycle, in which all of the actors have at various times been "the bad guys." But if it is a cycle, I like to imagine there is hope it can be broken. Or at least that some dragons are trying to do so.

[...]

Players who want to lean into dragons as rampaging, conquering monsters certainly have grounds to do so. But you don't *have* to write your clan lore that way. Even keeping the lore as-is, there's plenty of room for *this* generation of dragons to decide to do things differently.

This exactly. With the ambassadors and events like Warrior's Way, it looks like the dragons and the beastclans are starting to get along better. Bad things happened in Sornieth, bad things happen in real life, but that doesn't mean it has to stay this way. What matters is that we try to improve things in the future. Both as dragons and as humans.

But also, genuine question, can someone explain how the beastclans are "coded as POC"?
I will
give you DRAGONS for MONEY
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

(Anyone got an XXX tarnish G1?)
Hello everyone. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, but leave it up. It's locked because there's simply no way to discuss this specific concern and feedback without discussing the very real political and religious systems, institutions, and real-world history being referenced. The thread is staying up and visible because the feedback is valid and valuable.

I can't share much right now because this is an ongoing team discussion. What I can share with you today is that these parallels were never our original intent, but regardless of our intent—we do see what many of you see and have called out over the years. The delay between conflict introduction and conflict resolution was never meant to take this long. We made a mistake tying it to Adventure Mode, which has since suffered repeated delays and left this storyline with uncomfortable parallels dangling for too long. We regret this and we apologize.

As some of you have noted in this thread, throughout more recent lore installments, we're guiding Dragons vs Beastclans to a more level conflict, where alliances can be formed and groups work together for a better Sornieth. This is an ongoing team discussion and reflection internally right now, and we hope to give you an update and proper explanation for all of you by the end of 2022.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback on this issue.
Hello everyone. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, but leave it up. It's locked because there's simply no way to discuss this specific concern and feedback without discussing the very real political and religious systems, institutions, and real-world history being referenced. The thread is staying up and visible because the feedback is valid and valuable.

I can't share much right now because this is an ongoing team discussion. What I can share with you today is that these parallels were never our original intent, but regardless of our intent—we do see what many of you see and have called out over the years. The delay between conflict introduction and conflict resolution was never meant to take this long. We made a mistake tying it to Adventure Mode, which has since suffered repeated delays and left this storyline with uncomfortable parallels dangling for too long. We regret this and we apologize.

As some of you have noted in this thread, throughout more recent lore installments, we're guiding Dragons vs Beastclans to a more level conflict, where alliances can be formed and groups work together for a better Sornieth. This is an ongoing team discussion and reflection internally right now, and we hope to give you an update and proper explanation for all of you by the end of 2022.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback on this issue.
1 2 3