Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | From Rising Seas | 1x1 w/LetTheWorldBurn
@LetTheWorldBurn

Yep! I'll get us started off tomorrow, hopefully. Sorry again for the delay!!

Also, I'm subbed to both threads now!
@LetTheWorldBurn

Yep! I'll get us started off tomorrow, hopefully. Sorry again for the delay!!

Also, I'm subbed to both threads now!
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
Is this the form for the Rp?
Is this the form for the Rp?
@LetTheWorldBurn

Deep underground, in a laboratory in a far off place, a man runs franticly down a series of hallways. He stops suddenly in a doorway, lurching forward a little from how fast he'd previously been moving. Labored pants escaped him as he scanned the room in front of him desperately.

Then finally, "Dr. Williams!" The man approached his fellow scientist, seizing his wrist without a second thought. "You need to come with immediately! We --hah--seriously need you!!" And with that the man was back into the hallways, dragging the other man along with him.

"God, I seriously can't believe this thing," he said, although more to himself than anybody else. "It's bitten three people already." The scientist looked back at the other for a split second. "You're a marine biologist, though! I mean-- You've dealt with sharks before," he said, turning his attention away again. "Which is virtually the same, right?!"
@LetTheWorldBurn

Deep underground, in a laboratory in a far off place, a man runs franticly down a series of hallways. He stops suddenly in a doorway, lurching forward a little from how fast he'd previously been moving. Labored pants escaped him as he scanned the room in front of him desperately.

Then finally, "Dr. Williams!" The man approached his fellow scientist, seizing his wrist without a second thought. "You need to come with immediately! We --hah--seriously need you!!" And with that the man was back into the hallways, dragging the other man along with him.

"God, I seriously can't believe this thing," he said, although more to himself than anybody else. "It's bitten three people already." The scientist looked back at the other for a split second. "You're a marine biologist, though! I mean-- You've dealt with sharks before," he said, turning his attention away again. "Which is virtually the same, right?!"
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"You need my help?" He stammered. "Is it a whale or something smaller?" Having no idea what was going on he allowed him self to be pulled by the other person. This was only his second week here and the only animal he had seen were some seal pups. Quickly grabbing a small note book on a table next to the door.

(Sorry for being a bit late, I have way too many notifications on here)
"You need my help?" He stammered. "Is it a whale or something smaller?" Having no idea what was going on he allowed him self to be pulled by the other person. This was only his second week here and the only animal he had seen were some seal pups. Quickly grabbing a small note book on a table next to the door.

(Sorry for being a bit late, I have way too many notifications on here)
"Oh, it sure looked big!" he laughed in an exasperated manner. "But then it-- I don't know, it just wasn't." He shook his head quickly. "I don't know what it did. Whatever it was was scary though, that's for sure."

"Jones!" another scientist shouted from an open doorway up ahead. There seemed to be a number of scientists gathered in the room behind them. Tense conversation spilled out into the hallway, an overwrought mixture of panicked shouts.

"You got him! Good." They ran over to meet the pair as they approached. "I'm sure Jones has filled you in already," they assumed, now having their turn at taking Onix by the arm and hurriedly leading him into the room they'd just come out of. 'Jones' stayed behind.

The room was a smaller one, only having a table and two folding metal chairs in front of a large mirror. Despite this, the room was incredibly full. Multiple scientists stood huddled together in frantic discussion. One was sitting in one of the chairs, yelling at her colleague as her arm was being wrapped with gauze, "I don't know! I gave that thing enough sedative to knock out a bear and hardly anything's happening!!"

The scientist handling Onix hardly paid the others any mind, anxiously fiddling with a keypad. "Look, don't let them worry you." They took a clipboard out of from under their arm and handed it to Onix. "It's handcuffed to a table anyways. Worse case scenario it just maybe uh.. bites you." With that, a door in front of the two opened and they shoved Onix inside. A loud click could be heard as it seemed to lock behind him.

On the floor was a man. He looked relatively ordinary aside from his half-wet clothes and the blood smudged around his mouth. Oh, and the fact that he was barefoot and handcuffed to the leg of one of the tables bolted into the floor. Not a single word escaped him, but he stared up at the new stranger, a particular sort of untrusting hatred in his eyes already.

"Oh, it sure looked big!" he laughed in an exasperated manner. "But then it-- I don't know, it just wasn't." He shook his head quickly. "I don't know what it did. Whatever it was was scary though, that's for sure."

"Jones!" another scientist shouted from an open doorway up ahead. There seemed to be a number of scientists gathered in the room behind them. Tense conversation spilled out into the hallway, an overwrought mixture of panicked shouts.

"You got him! Good." They ran over to meet the pair as they approached. "I'm sure Jones has filled you in already," they assumed, now having their turn at taking Onix by the arm and hurriedly leading him into the room they'd just come out of. 'Jones' stayed behind.

The room was a smaller one, only having a table and two folding metal chairs in front of a large mirror. Despite this, the room was incredibly full. Multiple scientists stood huddled together in frantic discussion. One was sitting in one of the chairs, yelling at her colleague as her arm was being wrapped with gauze, "I don't know! I gave that thing enough sedative to knock out a bear and hardly anything's happening!!"

The scientist handling Onix hardly paid the others any mind, anxiously fiddling with a keypad. "Look, don't let them worry you." They took a clipboard out of from under their arm and handed it to Onix. "It's handcuffed to a table anyways. Worse case scenario it just maybe uh.. bites you." With that, a door in front of the two opened and they shoved Onix inside. A loud click could be heard as it seemed to lock behind him.

On the floor was a man. He looked relatively ordinary aside from his half-wet clothes and the blood smudged around his mouth. Oh, and the fact that he was barefoot and handcuffed to the leg of one of the tables bolted into the floor. Not a single word escaped him, but he stared up at the new stranger, a particular sort of untrusting hatred in his eyes already.

qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"Hello, I thought you would be a marine creature...."
He pulled out a chair and sat down at it. "Why are you chained to the table? That seems very odd." He mumbled.
"I would give you my hand to shake as it is polite but those others say you bite." Onix looked at the clipboard holding it up to his face.
He ran his fingers threw his hair and looked at him. "Do you have a name?"
"Hello, I thought you would be a marine creature...."
He pulled out a chair and sat down at it. "Why are you chained to the table? That seems very odd." He mumbled.
"I would give you my hand to shake as it is polite but those others say you bite." Onix looked at the clipboard holding it up to his face.
He ran his fingers threw his hair and looked at him. "Do you have a name?"
Abel hadn't taken his eyes off the man since he'd walked in. He resisted making a face at the table comment. He did, however, make a face when what the man had first said set in. He doesn't know what I am. Something of a smirk crept onto his face for a split second before melting away.

Of course, the less the man knew the better, but if he truly was oblivious then maybe he could be trusted. Maybe Abel could actually talk to him. Maybe he could use him to get out of here.

Abel pursed his lips in hesitance briefly before speaking, "Abel." His voice was quiet, yet smooth. The words slipped out softly into the air in the same way silk feels when it momentarily brushes against your skin: Short-lived, but ultimately soothingly distinctive. "Is there a reason I'm here?"
Abel hadn't taken his eyes off the man since he'd walked in. He resisted making a face at the table comment. He did, however, make a face when what the man had first said set in. He doesn't know what I am. Something of a smirk crept onto his face for a split second before melting away.

Of course, the less the man knew the better, but if he truly was oblivious then maybe he could be trusted. Maybe Abel could actually talk to him. Maybe he could use him to get out of here.

Abel pursed his lips in hesitance briefly before speaking, "Abel." His voice was quiet, yet smooth. The words slipped out softly into the air in the same way silk feels when it momentarily brushes against your skin: Short-lived, but ultimately soothingly distinctive. "Is there a reason I'm here?"
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"Ah, Abel that's a nice name!" He bent the corner of the paper on the clip board. Onix studied the other man's face and voice as he spoke, his eyes locking eye contact with him.

"I-" He stopped before looking back at the paper. "Im from the marine biology department, they- uh, well, didn't tell me what is going on here." He laughed at him self for a second "All I know is that I have a clip board and that you like to bite"
"Ah, Abel that's a nice name!" He bent the corner of the paper on the clip board. Onix studied the other man's face and voice as he spoke, his eyes locking eye contact with him.

"I-" He stopped before looking back at the paper. "Im from the marine biology department, they- uh, well, didn't tell me what is going on here." He laughed at him self for a second "All I know is that I have a clip board and that you like to bite"
Abel huffed a little, and averted his gaze. "I don't like to bite," he said, leaning towards the scientist a little and flinching when met with the painful resistance from his wrists. They were completely raw at this point from how much he'd been trying to get out of the cuffs. "On the contrary, you all taste rather foul," he remarked. "Although I can imagine that if you woke up to be prodded in the mouth then you'd be similarly aggrieved."

He fell silent now, allowing his eyes to shift over to the clipboard. Although he couldn't see them, the papers on the clipboard were lined with a wide array of areas to fill in. It asked for basic information such as name, age, height, weight, eye color, etc. The second page, however, would ask for things such as average spine length and even the results of a chest fluoroscopy among other things.

Abel readjusted himself, eyes still on the clipboard. "Any idea what that thing's for?"
Abel huffed a little, and averted his gaze. "I don't like to bite," he said, leaning towards the scientist a little and flinching when met with the painful resistance from his wrists. They were completely raw at this point from how much he'd been trying to get out of the cuffs. "On the contrary, you all taste rather foul," he remarked. "Although I can imagine that if you woke up to be prodded in the mouth then you'd be similarly aggrieved."

He fell silent now, allowing his eyes to shift over to the clipboard. Although he couldn't see them, the papers on the clipboard were lined with a wide array of areas to fill in. It asked for basic information such as name, age, height, weight, eye color, etc. The second page, however, would ask for things such as average spine length and even the results of a chest fluoroscopy among other things.

Abel readjusted himself, eyes still on the clipboard. "Any idea what that thing's for?"
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)