Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bad Movie Thread: Really, Really Bad
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 149 150
@pafupafu Usually for me it's in reverse. I watch a movie that I didn't like or was bored by as a kid and I love it as an adult.

Though I'm sure if I were to sit down and re-watch the Pre-Hysteria! movies as an adult I wouldn't get much enjoyment out of them now, for example.
@pafupafu Usually for me it's in reverse. I watch a movie that I didn't like or was bored by as a kid and I love it as an adult.

Though I'm sure if I were to sit down and re-watch the Pre-Hysteria! movies as an adult I wouldn't get much enjoyment out of them now, for example.
35be334.png
Ah, just remembered a golden one. I absolutely hate the movie My Favorite Martian. I used to be a film/animation major and i have no clue how they got such classic actors to play in this monstrosity. It started off pretty good, but as it went on and on, it turned from being a cute funny kids film to an early 21st century Howard the Duck (suit lust) and later an absolute fetish fest that destroyed characters...I understand kinks but these were poorly placed and overplayed (****, graphic TF, inflation, macro/micro, etc).

Doesn't help its trailers terrified me as a kid and when my mother put it on we both found it incredibly awkward to watch..

Edit: ooh not to mention continuity errors up the wazoo, and overtly disgusting characters (the chick who ate the dude, the scientist who'd lick alien phlegm...really??) I'm sorry for anyone who liked this train wreck but this grossed me out so bad I couldn't even finish it.
Ah, just remembered a golden one. I absolutely hate the movie My Favorite Martian. I used to be a film/animation major and i have no clue how they got such classic actors to play in this monstrosity. It started off pretty good, but as it went on and on, it turned from being a cute funny kids film to an early 21st century Howard the Duck (suit lust) and later an absolute fetish fest that destroyed characters...I understand kinks but these were poorly placed and overplayed (****, graphic TF, inflation, macro/micro, etc).

Doesn't help its trailers terrified me as a kid and when my mother put it on we both found it incredibly awkward to watch..

Edit: ooh not to mention continuity errors up the wazoo, and overtly disgusting characters (the chick who ate the dude, the scientist who'd lick alien phlegm...really??) I'm sorry for anyone who liked this train wreck but this grossed me out so bad I couldn't even finish it.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
@Atomikamikaze Wait, are you talking about the feature film adaption of that old sitcom, starring Christopher Lloyd?

I saw TV spots for it but never watched it.

Poor Christopher Lloyd. His agent must hate him or he got real hard up for work after Addams Family Values.
@Atomikamikaze Wait, are you talking about the feature film adaption of that old sitcom, starring Christopher Lloyd?

I saw TV spots for it but never watched it.

Poor Christopher Lloyd. His agent must hate him or he got real hard up for work after Addams Family Values.
35be334.png
@CatBountry the one where they chew the gum and become aliens? That's it! I so agree after Back to the Future and Roger Rabbit they should treat Chris Lloyd so much better, he's a cool person and one of my favorite actors, he doesn't deserve being put into embarrassingly bad films like My Favorite Martian (the show was alright, the movie was utter crap)
@CatBountry the one where they chew the gum and become aliens? That's it! I so agree after Back to the Future and Roger Rabbit they should treat Chris Lloyd so much better, he's a cool person and one of my favorite actors, he doesn't deserve being put into embarrassingly bad films like My Favorite Martian (the show was alright, the movie was utter crap)
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
@Atomikamikaze Dude was in The Oogieloves and Foodfight!, he will probably never be in a movie worthy of his talent again.
@Atomikamikaze Dude was in The Oogieloves and Foodfight!, he will probably never be in a movie worthy of his talent again.
35be334.png
it has been mentioned in this thread already, but my hatred for this movie is so profound that i get angry to this day, over a year and a half later, that i wasted precious time watching the garbage that is bobcat goldthwait's God Bless America. seriously. i have left ONE review on netflix in my long career of binge watching, and it is for that movie. i hated it so much. legitimately, i can feel the rage building inside me just thinking about it. there is no other movie i have ever seen that fills me with such hatred and disgust (except maybe tim burton's sweeney todd movie, for entirely different and personal reasons).

i wanted to like god bless america. i loved the premise. i was hoping for another idiocracy. what i got? absolutely AWFUL acting, unnecessary and poorly executed gore, and the dialogue... oh my god i have never heard such absolute pretentious TRASH in my entire life. and i went to a liberal arts college. it was seriously amateur hour in every regard. honestly the fact that so many people on netflix have left five stars and positive reviews on that movie speaks more to the downfall of society than does the movie itself.

no other movie comes close to being this bad for me; usually movies that i find bad i can usually enjoy for how awful they are. there was absolutely nothing redeeming about god bless america.
it has been mentioned in this thread already, but my hatred for this movie is so profound that i get angry to this day, over a year and a half later, that i wasted precious time watching the garbage that is bobcat goldthwait's God Bless America. seriously. i have left ONE review on netflix in my long career of binge watching, and it is for that movie. i hated it so much. legitimately, i can feel the rage building inside me just thinking about it. there is no other movie i have ever seen that fills me with such hatred and disgust (except maybe tim burton's sweeney todd movie, for entirely different and personal reasons).

i wanted to like god bless america. i loved the premise. i was hoping for another idiocracy. what i got? absolutely AWFUL acting, unnecessary and poorly executed gore, and the dialogue... oh my god i have never heard such absolute pretentious TRASH in my entire life. and i went to a liberal arts college. it was seriously amateur hour in every regard. honestly the fact that so many people on netflix have left five stars and positive reviews on that movie speaks more to the downfall of society than does the movie itself.

no other movie comes close to being this bad for me; usually movies that i find bad i can usually enjoy for how awful they are. there was absolutely nothing redeeming about god bless america.
@psilocybeast I get the feeling that movie would have appealed to me when I was in high school and I thought Johnny the Homicidal Maniac was the best comic ever.

But alas, I am too old.
@psilocybeast I get the feeling that movie would have appealed to me when I was in high school and I thought Johnny the Homicidal Maniac was the best comic ever.

But alas, I am too old.
35be334.png
Sadly Christopher Lloyd has fallen into b-movie purgatory, which oh so often happens to actors. Last thing I saw him in was Piranha 3DD which is just......dreadful.

@psilocybeast
I won't lie. When I watched this movie.....I loved it. Is it a bad movie? Oh no doubt at all. But there was just something about it, maybe my cynical nature or just simple love of film violence...I don't know. But I loved every minute of that movie.
Sadly Christopher Lloyd has fallen into b-movie purgatory, which oh so often happens to actors. Last thing I saw him in was Piranha 3DD which is just......dreadful.

@psilocybeast
I won't lie. When I watched this movie.....I loved it. Is it a bad movie? Oh no doubt at all. But there was just something about it, maybe my cynical nature or just simple love of film violence...I don't know. But I loved every minute of that movie.
First I have to say that I'm not much of a bile hunter. I don't generally watch movies to be amused by how bad they are. The only exception is Insidious and its sequel - I did watch the movie genuinely expecting it to be some kind of good, after hearing positive things about it, but what happened instead is that I almost died laughing and of course had to watch the second one. Good movies they were not, but I was so thoroughly entertained that I don't begrudge them my time.

There is, however, a movie that I inflicted upon myself which failed to redeem itself in any way. This movie is a legitimately pungent, revolting fecal omelet that has no right to exist. The 5% rating that it garnered on Rotten Tomatoes is still an affront to the entertainment industry. Well...before I go on, I should probably mention that it's not exactly an objective reaction. This film was an adaptation and I very much admired and was attached to the material it was adapted from. I still fail to see, though, how even without that personal involvement some sane human thought it was a decent film.

And perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. I doubt that the filmmakers set out with the intent on vomiting onto the most invested portion of their audience. The sad fact being, however, that they did, and now a story that could have genuinely been adapted well, that had real potential, has been processed into a 94-minute walk through a field of festering cow dung, and is unlikely to be re-adapted for the screen ever again.

I'm not able to recall every egregious little detail that pulled it into the bottomless pit where dwell movies whose names can only be spoken in a fearful whisper. I spent the aforementioned 94 minutes in increasingly acute mental anguish, and have done what I can since then to blot out the memory. Suffice it to say that it was that kind of adaptation - an adaptation in name only. No characterization has been left unmolested, no plot thread left untied into a knot for no conceivable reason and then left to trail upon the filthy floor. Everything that was interesting in the original concept has been made less interesting, with such astounding consistency that I can't imagine it being unintentional. Scenes that would have been serious became farcical. Characters that would have been threatening became pitiable. EVERYTHING WAS RUINED, FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THAT THIS MOVIE HATES. YES, IT HATES! IT HATES YOU, SILENT HILL FAN!
First I have to say that I'm not much of a bile hunter. I don't generally watch movies to be amused by how bad they are. The only exception is Insidious and its sequel - I did watch the movie genuinely expecting it to be some kind of good, after hearing positive things about it, but what happened instead is that I almost died laughing and of course had to watch the second one. Good movies they were not, but I was so thoroughly entertained that I don't begrudge them my time.

There is, however, a movie that I inflicted upon myself which failed to redeem itself in any way. This movie is a legitimately pungent, revolting fecal omelet that has no right to exist. The 5% rating that it garnered on Rotten Tomatoes is still an affront to the entertainment industry. Well...before I go on, I should probably mention that it's not exactly an objective reaction. This film was an adaptation and I very much admired and was attached to the material it was adapted from. I still fail to see, though, how even without that personal involvement some sane human thought it was a decent film.

And perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. I doubt that the filmmakers set out with the intent on vomiting onto the most invested portion of their audience. The sad fact being, however, that they did, and now a story that could have genuinely been adapted well, that had real potential, has been processed into a 94-minute walk through a field of festering cow dung, and is unlikely to be re-adapted for the screen ever again.

I'm not able to recall every egregious little detail that pulled it into the bottomless pit where dwell movies whose names can only be spoken in a fearful whisper. I spent the aforementioned 94 minutes in increasingly acute mental anguish, and have done what I can since then to blot out the memory. Suffice it to say that it was that kind of adaptation - an adaptation in name only. No characterization has been left unmolested, no plot thread left untied into a knot for no conceivable reason and then left to trail upon the filthy floor. Everything that was interesting in the original concept has been made less interesting, with such astounding consistency that I can't imagine it being unintentional. Scenes that would have been serious became farcical. Characters that would have been threatening became pitiable. EVERYTHING WAS RUINED, FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THAT THIS MOVIE HATES. YES, IT HATES! IT HATES YOU, SILENT HILL FAN!
THE ILLNESS WILL BRING YOU PEACE.
SERENITY IS BORN FROM CERTAINTY AND YOUR SUFFERING IS CERTAIN.
@Nekron But tell us how you really feel about the Silent Hill movies.
@Nekron But tell us how you really feel about the Silent Hill movies.
35be334.png
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 149 150