Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Write about the dragon above you!
I have never seen a "dragon above you" thread for writing, so I thought I'd make one!

Same rules and steps for dtday apply:

Steps:

Step 1: Claim your spot, posting the dragon you want a bit of lore written about! Don't worry about writing at this step, just get your spot saved.

Step 2: Write lore about the dragon posted above you. I reccomend atleast one paragraph (or five sentences).

Step 3: Edit your claim with your lore, and don't forget to ping the person you wrote for!

Be sure to thank the person who wrote something about your dragons in your original post!!!

Rules:
  • Be kind to one another!
  • Any skill level is welcome.
  • Please put effort into your writing.
  • Make sure you can/will finnish your writing before you decide to claim.
  • No plagarism.
  • Claim limit: one per day. This works off of frt.
  • No making a new claim without finnishing your old one.
  • Keep responses in your edited claim posts.
  • Acknowledge the writing you have recieved, even if it's a simple thank you.
  • Don't just send writing through pms, add it to the thread.
  • Please respect the pronouns of the dragon you are writing about. Yes, even neopronouns.
  • If there is pre-existing lore about the dragon you are writing about, try to keep your work consistent with it.
And most importantly:
  • Have fun!!

Different things to write
If you want something specific, you can make a small request to the next person
  • Personality traits
  • Backstories
  • A short oneshot about your dragon's day.
  • Relationships between two dragons.

That's all for now, I will update the rules as needed.
I have never seen a "dragon above you" thread for writing, so I thought I'd make one!

Same rules and steps for dtday apply:

Steps:

Step 1: Claim your spot, posting the dragon you want a bit of lore written about! Don't worry about writing at this step, just get your spot saved.

Step 2: Write lore about the dragon posted above you. I reccomend atleast one paragraph (or five sentences).

Step 3: Edit your claim with your lore, and don't forget to ping the person you wrote for!

Be sure to thank the person who wrote something about your dragons in your original post!!!

Rules:
  • Be kind to one another!
  • Any skill level is welcome.
  • Please put effort into your writing.
  • Make sure you can/will finnish your writing before you decide to claim.
  • No plagarism.
  • Claim limit: one per day. This works off of frt.
  • No making a new claim without finnishing your old one.
  • Keep responses in your edited claim posts.
  • Acknowledge the writing you have recieved, even if it's a simple thank you.
  • Don't just send writing through pms, add it to the thread.
  • Please respect the pronouns of the dragon you are writing about. Yes, even neopronouns.
  • If there is pre-existing lore about the dragon you are writing about, try to keep your work consistent with it.
And most importantly:
  • Have fun!!

Different things to write
If you want something specific, you can make a small request to the next person
  • Personality traits
  • Backstories
  • A short oneshot about your dragon's day.
  • Relationships between two dragons.

That's all for now, I will update the rules as needed.
fr%20signature.png
Saved, just in case I need a second post in this thread!
Saved, just in case I need a second post in this thread!
fr%20signature.png
I'll start! I'd like some personality traits and a backstory for my dragon Saber. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36257702][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/362578/36257702_350.png[/img][/url] Their charge is an entire pack of mirrors and wildclaws, who they've sworn to protect. I have no backstory. The only personality traits I've ever given them is goofy and nonserious, and the emotionally strong shoulder to lean on. thank you so much @himboatheart! the prose is excellent, i'm def working this into my lore!
I'll start!
I'd like some personality traits and a backstory for my dragon Saber.
36257702_350.png
Their charge is an entire pack of mirrors and wildclaws, who they've sworn to protect. I have no backstory. The only personality traits I've ever given them is goofy and nonserious, and the emotionally strong shoulder to lean on.

thank you so much @himboatheart! the prose is excellent, i'm def working this into my lore!
fr%20signature.png
Claim @Searing00 Saber slowed down as their body succumbed to exhaustion. Their search for the Charge was driving them past their limit, to their breaking point. They growled softly. [i]You can't rest yet![/i] They sighed and collapsed onto the ground. The spirit was willing but the body was weakened... Saber didn't know when they had fallen asleep but they were woken up by something sniffing their face. They jolted awake, causing the other animal to jump as well. When their eyes focused, Saber saw a mirror standing in front of him. As they looked around, they saw more mirrors and a few wildclaws encircling them. "Who are you?" the mirror in front of them demanded. Saber was speechless as a strange feeling washed over them. A sense of familiarity. Is this what their mother described? Is this the feeling of finding your Charge? "I said, who are you?" she repeated, not tolerating their silence. "O- Oh, my name is Saber," they chuckled nervously. "I was on The Search. You know, for a Charge..." "Right..." "But it's over now because I found my Charge!" they added, getting excited. "It has to be all of you. I can feel it." The mirror looked to her companions and they laughed softly. "Listen, that sounds touching but we don't need you to protect us. We're more than capable of it." Saber frowned. "No, please... I can't live without a Charge, it would be a great dishonor." The mirror caved in. "Fine, but there are going to be a few rules." "Yes, anything." "One: you will not fawn over us. Two: if we need your help, we will ask. Understand?" Saber nodded. "Yes." "Good. Now follow us. It's dangerous to travel alone." ----- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79501122][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/795012/79501122_350.png[/img][/url] Tlaloc is the god of rain. For an unknown reason, he was blessed by the Stormcatcher when he hatched, bearing the mark of Lightning. His wings, beard, and tail are made of clouds. He can make the sky rain and he can also rain on the land. The clouds on his body change color to reflect his mood. The darker the gray, the more upset he is.
Claim @Searing00

Saber slowed down as their body succumbed to exhaustion. Their search for the Charge was driving them past their limit, to their breaking point. They growled softly. You can't rest yet! They sighed and collapsed onto the ground. The spirit was willing but the body was weakened...

Saber didn't know when they had fallen asleep but they were woken up by something sniffing their face. They jolted awake, causing the other animal to jump as well. When their eyes focused, Saber saw a mirror standing in front of him. As they looked around, they saw more mirrors and a few wildclaws encircling them.

"Who are you?" the mirror in front of them demanded. Saber was speechless as a strange feeling washed over them. A sense of familiarity. Is this what their mother described? Is this the feeling of finding your Charge?

"I said, who are you?" she repeated, not tolerating their silence.

"O- Oh, my name is Saber," they chuckled nervously. "I was on The Search. You know, for a Charge..."

"Right..."

"But it's over now because I found my Charge!" they added, getting excited. "It has to be all of you. I can feel it."

The mirror looked to her companions and they laughed softly. "Listen, that sounds touching but we don't need you to protect us. We're more than capable of it."

Saber frowned. "No, please... I can't live without a Charge, it would be a great dishonor."

The mirror caved in. "Fine, but there are going to be a few rules."

"Yes, anything."

"One: you will not fawn over us. Two: if we need your help, we will ask. Understand?"

Saber nodded. "Yes."

"Good. Now follow us. It's dangerous to travel alone."

79501122_350.png

Tlaloc is the god of rain. For an unknown reason, he was blessed by the Stormcatcher when he hatched, bearing the mark of Lightning. His wings, beard, and tail are made of clouds. He can make the sky rain and he can also rain on the land. The clouds on his body change color to reflect his mood. The darker the gray, the more upset he is.
lJOfj9Z.pngo373-d01-himboatheart.pngo373-d05-himboatheart.pngo373-d02-himboatheart.pngo373-d04-himboatheart.pngo373-d03-himboatheart.png

The tidelord had a prophesy for a hatchling. He usually was aloof when he had one but this time, he was somber. "The storms of Sornith are reaching the end unless... grab me an egg!" He boomed and the waves increased as his determination did.

A hatchling went into the current and to him with vigor, still blind with a hatching tooth. The Lord smiled down at the hatchling that could stand comfortably on the tip of his claw.

"You should be named Tlaloc. God of rain."

The little dragon cooed as he brought them closer to his face.

"I never would have thought a dragon would choose their own prophesy." He laughed and the court was silent in shock. He turned to them and smiled as the little god stood hopped on his nose opening their eyes for the first time.

The tidelord had a prophesy for a hatchling. He usually was aloof when he had one but this time, he was somber. "The storms of Sornith are reaching the end unless... grab me an egg!" He boomed and the waves increased as his determination did.

A hatchling went into the current and to him with vigor, still blind with a hatching tooth. The Lord smiled down at the hatchling that could stand comfortably on the tip of his claw.

"You should be named Tlaloc. God of rain."

The little dragon cooed as he brought them closer to his face.

"I never would have thought a dragon would choose their own prophesy." He laughed and the court was silent in shock. He turned to them and smiled as the little god stood hopped on his nose opening their eyes for the first time.
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79784413][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/797845/79784413_350.png[/img][/url] Her only lore is the 'gems' are actually a type of clam and she lives under water
79784413_350.png

Her only lore is the 'gems' are actually a type of clam and she lives under water
@cruzin
Hey uh excuse me? You forgot the 3rd step.. To ping the user.
Like this.
@himboatheart
Hey ur lore is done! Somebody forgot to ping you! (Its 2 posts above this one)

Next person, skip this post and view the clam dragon above me.
@cruzin
Like this.
@himboatheart

LEpJMnn.pngCpFdYgG.pngoaolHwW.pngmjtJ868.pngcZOnhJ9.pngq9EEy5M.png
Yes I do in fact like dinosuars.
FObX7rS.pngDXTcInl.pngoouioVf.png5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.pngYMPbu9R.png
@cruzin Some dragons are born for the sky currents. In fact, it wouldn't be wrong to say that [i]most[/i] dragons are born for the sky currents. Most dragons are meant to soar through the sky, high above land and sea, riding the wind wherever it wants to take them. But only most. Some dragons are born for the sea currents. Some dragons shun the open air, prefering to make their homes in the sparkling reefs of the shallows or the murky twilight of deeper waters, rarely if ever venturing above the water line. Symbiont is the latter sort of dragon. Not only does she never rise to the surface of the Sea, she rarely ever even visits the shallows. It's dangerous to take her friends out of deeper waters, she insists, referring to the dozens of deep sea clams that have chosen her hide as their home, adorning her in a mantle of white shells and bubbles. Her friends are very dear to her; she has built her way of life around protecting them, almost akin to a Guardian and her Charge, and she avoids anything that might harm them. And any dragon who doesn't understand that is, quite frankly, a dragon Symbiont does not need in her life. ----- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76532892][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/765329/76532892_350.png[/img][/url] I've got nothing on this girl, so go wild.
@cruzin

Some dragons are born for the sky currents. In fact, it wouldn't be wrong to say that most dragons are born for the sky currents. Most dragons are meant to soar through the sky, high above land and sea, riding the wind wherever it wants to take them.

But only most.

Some dragons are born for the sea currents. Some dragons shun the open air, prefering to make their homes in the sparkling reefs of the shallows or the murky twilight of deeper waters, rarely if ever venturing above the water line.

Symbiont is the latter sort of dragon.

Not only does she never rise to the surface of the Sea, she rarely ever even visits the shallows. It's dangerous to take her friends out of deeper waters, she insists, referring to the dozens of deep sea clams that have chosen her hide as their home, adorning her in a mantle of white shells and bubbles. Her friends are very dear to her; she has built her way of life around protecting them, almost akin to a Guardian and her Charge, and she avoids anything that might harm them.

And any dragon who doesn't understand that is, quite frankly, a dragon Symbiont does not need in her life.

76532892_350.png

I've got nothing on this girl, so go wild.
mine-birb1.png x he/him | FR + 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 59953779.png
[quote name="Raptondragon" date="2022-08-14 19:24:27" ] @cruzin Hey uh excuse me? You forgot the 3rd step.. To ping the user. Like this. @himboatheart Hey ur lore is done! Somebody forgot to ping you! (Its 2 posts above this one) Next person, skip this post and view the clam dragon above me. [/quote] OH CRAP I'm so sorry.
Raptondragon wrote on 2022-08-14 19:24:27:
@cruzin
Like this.
@himboatheart

OH CRAP I'm so sorry.
[center] [b]Atria[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=76532892][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/765329/76532892.png[/img][/url] @withoutwords Entry hall. a nameth of such meaning. Might not but beest pow'rful. a keepeth'r of myst'rious places. Bewitching to all yond cometh across the lady. Alloweth not this fair visage blinking idiot thee f'r the lady is a beast with a fridge heart. Behold into h'r eyes and thee shall findeth yourself entomb'd by rime. Breath h'r air and thee'll lungs shall beest welcoming relentless v'rglass did turn to icy shards. doth not falleth f'r t. i begeth of thee f'r all the is valorous. the keepeth'r, atria. Is a sure death sentence ~~~ A name of such meaning.. Must be powerful. A keeper of mysterious places. Bewitching to all that come across she. Let not this fair face fool you for she is a beast with a fridge heart. Look into her eyes and you will find yourself entombed by rime. Breath her air and you'll lungs will be welcoming relentless verglass turned to icy shards. Do not fall for it. I beg of you for all the is good. The keeper, Atria... Is a sure death sentence. ----- Feel free to have at any of my dragons besides the Molten Inn (Tab) <3 [/center]
Atria
76532892.png
@withoutwords

Entry hall.

a nameth of such meaning. Might not but beest pow'rful.

a keepeth'r of myst'rious places. Bewitching to all yond cometh across the lady. Alloweth not this fair visage blinking idiot thee f'r the lady is a beast with a fridge heart. Behold into h'r eyes and thee shall findeth yourself entomb'd by rime. Breath h'r air and thee'll lungs shall beest welcoming relentless v'rglass did turn to icy shards.

doth not falleth f'r t.

i begeth of thee f'r all the is valorous.

the keepeth'r, atria. Is a sure death sentence

~~~

A name of such meaning.. Must be powerful.

A keeper of mysterious places. Bewitching to all that come across she. Let not this fair face fool you for she is a beast with a fridge heart. Look into her eyes and you will find yourself entombed by rime. Breath her air and you'll lungs will be welcoming relentless verglass turned to icy shards.

Do not fall for it.

I beg of you for all the is good.

The keeper, Atria... Is a sure death sentence.

Feel free to have at any of my dragons besides the Molten Inn (Tab) <3
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png Untitled310-20220420203721.png
LEpJMnn.png

dT9HQge.png
tumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.png