Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Returning to FR - Looking to Connect !
1 2
Hello! Im quite new to forum posts but... Id figure Id try them out! Its been a few years since I was active on Flight Rising and I've found myself missing it... I have never made friends here though! I only JUST realized that it even has forums XD So! That's why im reaching out - I want to meet some of you lovely people (as well as your no doubt lovely dragons) ! [emoji=new friend size=1] To introduce a bit about myself, you can call me [b]Jay[/b] and or [b]Bear[/b]. I'm 18, my pronouns are He/it, and im an artist who also happens to be autistic, as well as other-kin. I also happen to be Genderqueer/Trans and I love making friends within those communities as well! I love to chat about philosophical and spiritual stuff! Theorizing about the universe is one of my favorite things to do, right next to my other interests, which include but are not limited to Crafts (like sewing, costuming and drawing). I also thoroughly enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog, Sky: Children of the Light, Dinosaurs, and fun, colorful games [s]that i am obviously forgetting the names of right now LMAO[/s] Currently - Im working on commissions, participating in [url=https://artfight.net/~BakiBear][u]Art Fight[/u][/url], and.... well! Getting back into FR. [emoji=ice rune size=1] [i]I'd love to hear from anyone! Returning or new, doesnt matter to me, I just wanna say hi, and possibly chat! Tell me about why you're here, what you may be interested in, or just how your day is going! All is wonderful :D[/i] Sorry if this is way too formal, I have trouble describing things sometimes!!
Hello! Im quite new to forum posts but... Id figure Id try them out!
Its been a few years since I was active on Flight Rising and I've found myself missing it... I have never made friends here though! I only JUST realized that it even has forums XD So! That's why im reaching out - I want to meet some of you lovely people (as well as your no doubt lovely dragons) !

To introduce a bit about myself, you can call me Jay and or Bear. I'm 18, my pronouns are He/it, and im an artist who also happens to be autistic, as well as other-kin. I also happen to be Genderqueer/Trans and I love making friends within those communities as well!
I love to chat about philosophical and spiritual stuff! Theorizing about the universe is one of my favorite things to do, right next to my other interests, which include but are not limited to Crafts (like sewing, costuming and drawing). I also thoroughly enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog, Sky: Children of the Light, Dinosaurs, and fun, colorful games that i am obviously forgetting the names of right now LMAO
Currently - Im working on commissions, participating in Art Fight, and.... well! Getting back into FR.

I'd love to hear from anyone! Returning or new, doesnt matter to me, I just wanna say hi, and possibly chat! Tell me about why you're here, what you may be interested in, or just how your day is going! All is wonderful :D

Sorry if this is way too formal, I have trouble describing things sometimes!!
k1dKQyg.png JvUa9ma.png 6KQB58c.png
Oh Hi there !!!!!
r5XHsz9.gif
JAY/BEAR
HE/IT - 19 - AUTISTIC

THE HEARTH - MY ART
g8SAVjp.gif
9R2Unq1.png oaolHwW.png GdVZ87H.png
Hey! I'm doing artfight too! I totally got screwed this year because the day it started I had a headache and now that it's the second day I have a stomachache lmao but I'm hoping to get some art done soon once all that nonsense clears up! My artfight's poisonoyous, looks like we're both team wither, I sent ya a lil' follow but u don't gotta follow back, I won't mind.

It's also cool that you like dinosaurs because I love 'em! My favorite is the ankylosaurus but any dino is a good dino. I even collect plastic dinosaurs, which I currently have a lot of but definitely not enough :yc

Either way, I'd love to be friends on here! I'm not always the best at remembering to reply to things but I'm very friendly and always down for a chat!
Hey! I'm doing artfight too! I totally got screwed this year because the day it started I had a headache and now that it's the second day I have a stomachache lmao but I'm hoping to get some art done soon once all that nonsense clears up! My artfight's poisonoyous, looks like we're both team wither, I sent ya a lil' follow but u don't gotta follow back, I won't mind.

It's also cool that you like dinosaurs because I love 'em! My favorite is the ankylosaurus but any dino is a good dino. I even collect plastic dinosaurs, which I currently have a lot of but definitely not enough :yc

Either way, I'd love to be friends on here! I'm not always the best at remembering to reply to things but I'm very friendly and always down for a chat!
71XQEox.png 5iXiC8z.png bYt72YT.png
5hF3FGk.png
okay with random friend requests!
@namaramac

Oh my goodness no way Ive ALSO had the worst headache for the past few days so working on any art for too long has been... dangerous to say the least. I might be down to do friendly fires so!! Watch out >:)

As for me, i LOVE the styracosaurus... ceratopsians in general are just so. [clenches fist] Ankylos are probably my 2nd favorite!! Theyre just so spikey I adore them. Friend shaped... do you have a favorite from the collection? I cant ever find decent dinosaur trinkets so I make my own out of sculpey sometimes... I would love to know where u find yours!
Surprisingly, I never had a dino phase as a kid either... Everything I know about them Ive learned in the past 2-3 months (I blame Prehistoric Planet)

I Also dont chat often so dont worry! I definitely try to remind myself to keep in touch with ppl XD but Id love to talk at any point really! Its exciting seeing what folks are doing. Either way, its nice to meet you!
I WILL SAY however, I LOVE your dragons!! They're all so pretty!
@namaramac

Oh my goodness no way Ive ALSO had the worst headache for the past few days so working on any art for too long has been... dangerous to say the least. I might be down to do friendly fires so!! Watch out >:)

As for me, i LOVE the styracosaurus... ceratopsians in general are just so. [clenches fist] Ankylos are probably my 2nd favorite!! Theyre just so spikey I adore them. Friend shaped... do you have a favorite from the collection? I cant ever find decent dinosaur trinkets so I make my own out of sculpey sometimes... I would love to know where u find yours!
Surprisingly, I never had a dino phase as a kid either... Everything I know about them Ive learned in the past 2-3 months (I blame Prehistoric Planet)

I Also dont chat often so dont worry! I definitely try to remind myself to keep in touch with ppl XD but Id love to talk at any point really! Its exciting seeing what folks are doing. Either way, its nice to meet you!
I WILL SAY however, I LOVE your dragons!! They're all so pretty!
Oh Hi there !!!!!
r5XHsz9.gif
JAY/BEAR
HE/IT - 19 - AUTISTIC

THE HEARTH - MY ART
g8SAVjp.gif
@cometcub

Hey I'm down for friendly fire too so you watch out yourself lol >:3c

Oh, I go to a lot of children's toy stores and museum giftshops to find mine, I know I found a big case of them at a Target once, and sometimes I find 'em as prizes in arcades and all, but yeah it can still be pretty hard to find dino trinkets sadly. I'd say my favorite that I have is a plastic mosasaurus just because they don't make a lot of those types of dinos! Like, I love t-rex's and triceratops and all but they're really common, so it was interesting to find one of a mosasaurus :U
Also yeah my dino phase is recent too! Like, I liked them as a kid and all but my obsession with them is more recent.
@cometcub

Hey I'm down for friendly fire too so you watch out yourself lol >:3c

Oh, I go to a lot of children's toy stores and museum giftshops to find mine, I know I found a big case of them at a Target once, and sometimes I find 'em as prizes in arcades and all, but yeah it can still be pretty hard to find dino trinkets sadly. I'd say my favorite that I have is a plastic mosasaurus just because they don't make a lot of those types of dinos! Like, I love t-rex's and triceratops and all but they're really common, so it was interesting to find one of a mosasaurus :U
Also yeah my dino phase is recent too! Like, I liked them as a kid and all but my obsession with them is more recent.
71XQEox.png 5iXiC8z.png bYt72YT.png
5hF3FGk.png
okay with random friend requests!
I'm also newly returned and I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I'm also genderqueer and autistic, so it's nice to run into someone who's similar my first day back. :D

Dinosaurs are one of my special interests. My personal favourite dinosaurs are the spinosaurus and the yi qi, which I recently discovered. I'm having a hard time finding new dino trinkets too but I definitely want to look around. At some point I want to go to the Royal Tyrell Museum in Alberta, Canada. It's a museum specifically for dinosaurs and I have some fond memories of going there when I was a kid. I should probably check the local museum too, there's probably some fun stuff there. The trick is finding accurate dinosaur things, like feathered velociraptors with adorably long tails. My wife got me a colouring book the smithsonian that she ordered online so it's accurate and has info on all the dinos in it.
I'm also newly returned and I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I'm also genderqueer and autistic, so it's nice to run into someone who's similar my first day back. :D

Dinosaurs are one of my special interests. My personal favourite dinosaurs are the spinosaurus and the yi qi, which I recently discovered. I'm having a hard time finding new dino trinkets too but I definitely want to look around. At some point I want to go to the Royal Tyrell Museum in Alberta, Canada. It's a museum specifically for dinosaurs and I have some fond memories of going there when I was a kid. I should probably check the local museum too, there's probably some fun stuff there. The trick is finding accurate dinosaur things, like feathered velociraptors with adorably long tails. My wife got me a colouring book the smithsonian that she ordered online so it's accurate and has info on all the dinos in it.
1hvzq.png
I’m also participating in art fight and I play sky: children of the light! I even have a krill inspired dragon. Nice to meet you :)
I’m also participating in art fight and I play sky: children of the light! I even have a krill inspired dragon. Nice to meet you :)
9-ACDA2-C7-5-BB6-446-F-BAEC-3659-FCC8-BC2-C.gif
See my art here:
7-CE62-E4-D-3862-47-B5-A0-A2-F3-C5-B3-ACFD87.png

C31-ECCE7-2-C16-4-EC0-A5-C6-3-C5-CCCF1445-B.png

3-CA33633-195-B-432-C-8236-148-F7-F4-CFDAC.png
@errantstars [emoji=comment size=1] Im glad to see we're both happily coming back to FR!! I love some of the dragons you've got in your lair, theyre so neat!! And I cant lie... ive never been to a museum that has dinosaurs and its a huge shame because like. it seems so magical ;o; spinosaurids are so cool tho!!! I've never heard of the yi qi (im gonna have to look that up) but its got my interest for sure i so sincerely wish there was more accurate dino stuff out there! I never understood why Jurassic park got all the limelight when these were actual animals that existed... makes me sad, but im also glad that theres so many paleo artists out there who are passionate enough to put accurate stuff out there. There definitely needs to be more in mainstream media tho...... I should take a look at that coloring book too!! Sounds super informative, I might have a field day with something like that!! :D
@errantstars

Im glad to see we're both happily coming back to FR!! I love some of the dragons you've got in your lair, theyre so neat!! And I cant lie... ive never been to a museum that has dinosaurs and its a huge shame because like. it seems so magical ;o; spinosaurids are so cool tho!!! I've never heard of the yi qi (im gonna have to look that up) but its got my interest for sure
i so sincerely wish there was more accurate dino stuff out there! I never understood why Jurassic park got all the limelight when these were actual animals that existed... makes me sad, but im also glad that theres so many paleo artists out there who are passionate enough to put accurate stuff out there. There definitely needs to be more in mainstream media tho......
I should take a look at that coloring book too!! Sounds super informative, I might have a field day with something like that!! :D
Oh Hi there !!!!!
r5XHsz9.gif
JAY/BEAR
HE/IT - 19 - AUTISTIC

THE HEARTH - MY ART
g8SAVjp.gif
@birdae [emoji=comment size=1] OHHHH another sky player!!! It took me a second to find it but . I love how you gave it a shrimp familiar JDHFGJHSGDFHJ also I hope I die (<- scrolled down your bio only to be.... y'know [emoji=tundra deadpan size=1] I also am super interested in your little forum signature art!! Excited to see that you're participating in artfight this year, I'll have to follow if I havent already! But im super happy and excited to see other people like myself playing FR!! Its a pleasure to meet you
@birdae

OHHHH another sky player!!! It took me a second to find it but . I love how you gave it a shrimp familiar JDHFGJHSGDFHJ also I hope I die (<- scrolled down your bio only to be.... y'know

I also am super interested in your little forum signature art!! Excited to see that you're participating in artfight this year, I'll have to follow if I havent already! But im super happy and excited to see other people like myself playing FR!! Its a pleasure to meet you
Oh Hi there !!!!!
r5XHsz9.gif
JAY/BEAR
HE/IT - 19 - AUTISTIC

THE HEARTH - MY ART
g8SAVjp.gif
@cometcub HAHA I FINALLY GOT SOMEONE (I’m so sorry). And thank you! Had to give her a shrimp

I just followed your artfight and I love your characters, I definitely want to draw Atlas. It’s nice to meet you too! You seem very cool :)
@cometcub HAHA I FINALLY GOT SOMEONE (I’m so sorry). And thank you! Had to give her a shrimp

I just followed your artfight and I love your characters, I definitely want to draw Atlas. It’s nice to meet you too! You seem very cool :)
9-ACDA2-C7-5-BB6-446-F-BAEC-3659-FCC8-BC2-C.gif
See my art here:
7-CE62-E4-D-3862-47-B5-A0-A2-F3-C5-B3-ACFD87.png

C31-ECCE7-2-C16-4-EC0-A5-C6-3-C5-CCCF1445-B.png

3-CA33633-195-B-432-C-8236-148-F7-F4-CFDAC.png
Hi I'm also a returning player (just did an introduction post too). I'm also trans, and I'm not participating in art fight, but I also paint and draw on the side for fun
Hi I'm also a returning player (just did an introduction post too). I'm also trans, and I'm not participating in art fight, but I also paint and draw on the side for fun
Michael - He/Him
I don't really know what I'm doing, in game and real life
1 2