Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bad vocal habits
1 2
I have a monotone voice that makes Tina from Bob’s Burgers sound like a character in a musical by comparison

I also drag out the last couple of words in my sentences liiiiike thiiii-iiiis??

I also talk extremely loudly, I’ve been told that my “normal” voice is what most people would consider “shouting” and that my “whispering” is what most people would consider “normal volume”

And on top of all of that, I have a stutter too

So basically, the short version is, I have several stereotypically autistic speaking traits sandwiched together because, unsurprisingly, I am very much autistic irl
I have a monotone voice that makes Tina from Bob’s Burgers sound like a character in a musical by comparison

I also drag out the last couple of words in my sentences liiiiike thiiii-iiiis??

I also talk extremely loudly, I’ve been told that my “normal” voice is what most people would consider “shouting” and that my “whispering” is what most people would consider “normal volume”

And on top of all of that, I have a stutter too

So basically, the short version is, I have several stereotypically autistic speaking traits sandwiched together because, unsurprisingly, I am very much autistic irl
6nI5sr3.png Arcane-Network.png
When being talked over/interrupted in particular, I tend to sound like a broken record. I just keep repeating the same word multiple times in a row.
When being talked over/interrupted in particular, I tend to sound like a broken record. I just keep repeating the same word multiple times in a row.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
I am just very loud, my whisper is just a few decibels below a regular speaking voice. And when I get excited I'm practically at a shout without shouting. I am regularly told I am being too loud because of this.
I am just very loud, my whisper is just a few decibels below a regular speaking voice. And when I get excited I'm practically at a shout without shouting. I am regularly told I am being too loud because of this.
I say 'do you know what i mean?' and 'can I just say something' way too often

Also I use ya'll unironically. I have no idea when it started and I should probably stop lmao
I say 'do you know what i mean?' and 'can I just say something' way too often

Also I use ya'll unironically. I have no idea when it started and I should probably stop lmao
I screech randomly for the hell of it, and as a greeting with some people.
I screech randomly for the hell of it, and as a greeting with some people.
mpH03tZ.png
Hange :: they/them :: World's Okayest Librarian

The FreaksTM will inherit the Earth, the Internet was ours first.
Smash that block button if you think people can't ship, write, draw, watch or read whatever they want.
I stutter horribly, especially on the first word in a sentence.
I stutter horribly, especially on the first word in a sentence.
IMG-3747.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
not vocal specifically but
now how abt constamtly sounding uncertain on things even when i AM certain about them
big overuse of "probably" "maybe" "i think" "im pretty sure" and finally question marks

i do also overuse "like" but im just . not bothered by that at all
i also tend to leave a TON of typos out. Also not bothered by that its just my typing style now

as for vocal specifically. i like making silly noises that only vaguely mean anything, and imitating my cats or random outside birds when i can
not vocal specifically but
now how abt constamtly sounding uncertain on things even when i AM certain about them
big overuse of "probably" "maybe" "i think" "im pretty sure" and finally question marks

i do also overuse "like" but im just . not bothered by that at all
i also tend to leave a TON of typos out. Also not bothered by that its just my typing style now

as for vocal specifically. i like making silly noises that only vaguely mean anything, and imitating my cats or random outside birds when i can
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
i use the words "actually" and "like" a lot. i also like to make animal (especially cat) noises XD .
a new habit i've picked up on recently would be adding "ya" to the end of sentences, specifically when im angry, i picked it up from my dad lol (might be an arab thing?).

also not really sure if this counts but i have a stutter that i've had since i was around 7 years old (which is also when i actually started talking, oof). if i make a "th" sound, i will repeat it a lot of times so i tend to replace it with "d" to stop that. i have a lot of other stutters but thats the most prominent one
i use the words "actually" and "like" a lot. i also like to make animal (especially cat) noises XD .
a new habit i've picked up on recently would be adding "ya" to the end of sentences, specifically when im angry, i picked it up from my dad lol (might be an arab thing?).

also not really sure if this counts but i have a stutter that i've had since i was around 7 years old (which is also when i actually started talking, oof). if i make a "th" sound, i will repeat it a lot of times so i tend to replace it with "d" to stop that. i have a lot of other stutters but thats the most prominent one
I use 'so' way too much and start sentences off with 'but' even though i haven't said anything prior.
I use 'so' way too much and start sentences off with 'but' even though i haven't said anything prior.
nhknpyA.pngtumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.pngws5n0tJ.pngr5CjlMV.gif
1 2