Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What jobs do y'all have?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I am web designer in crello company. My job is developing UX and UI design on our webpages, like this https://create.vista.com/colors/color-names/green-yellow/. I like this type work, it's like drawing all time
I am web designer in crello company. My job is developing UX and UI design on our webpages, like this https://create.vista.com/colors/color-names/green-yellow/. I like this type work, it's like drawing all time
I am a caregiver at an elderly person’s home. :)

I’m also going to study to become a medical assistant!!
I am a caregiver at an elderly person’s home. :)

I’m also going to study to become a medical assistant!!
1391_350px_rainforest_by_miirshroom-dbvjs1a.png
Handpainting souvenirs :)
Handpainting souvenirs :)
I help make birth certificates. Pro tip: If you got a baby on the way, please, for the love of all that is holy, have a name ready in advance. You save everyone, including yourself, a lot of trouble post-delivery.

This, coming from someone who lives in the US though. That said, things are probably different depending on the State or if you're in another country.
I help make birth certificates. Pro tip: If you got a baby on the way, please, for the love of all that is holy, have a name ready in advance. You save everyone, including yourself, a lot of trouble post-delivery.

This, coming from someone who lives in the US though. That said, things are probably different depending on the State or if you're in another country.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
[quote name="Sinnabelle" date="2022-05-22 09:59:16" ] I help make birth certificates. Pro tip: If you got a baby on the way, please, for the love of all that is holy, have a name ready in advance. You save everyone, including yourself, a lot of trouble post-delivery. This, coming from someone who lives in the US though. That said, things are probably different in another country. [/quote] Have a name i advance - what if it doesn't fit? Thats literally what happened to me. My parents had three boy and girl names ready and none of them suited. It's not a phone model, it's a whole person that will live with that name. We were naming a pet cat for weeks. I heard moms that were in the same room as my mom were bullied so badly for not having a name on time that she freaked out and blurted out the first name that came to mind. And tbh I'm not a fan of my name at all. It's kinda sad that we can take our time with naming a pet or a book character but when it comes to kids, bureaucrats need the convenience so that should be decided on immediately :/ And I get it, I get it, most people really don't have any supernatural beliefs in name having some sort of meaning or influence on persons life, but it's still disheartening.
Sinnabelle wrote on 2022-05-22 09:59:16:

This, coming from someone who lives in the US though. That said, things are probably different in another country.
Have a name i advance - what if it doesn't fit? Thats literally what happened to me. My parents had three boy and girl names ready and none of them suited. It's not a phone model, it's a whole person that will live with that name. We were naming a pet cat for weeks.
I heard moms that were in the same room as my mom were bullied so badly for not having a name on time that she freaked out and blurted out the first name that came to mind. And tbh I'm not a fan of my name at all. It's kinda sad that we can take our time with naming a pet or a book character but when it comes to kids, bureaucrats need the convenience so that should be decided on immediately :/
And I get it, I get it, most people really don't have any supernatural beliefs in name having some sort of meaning or influence on persons life, but it's still disheartening.
@BlackPunkBird
You indeed make a fair point there. And I agree with you. It's unfortunate but it is a requirement from where I work. :c A DAY after delivering the baby no less. You know, when the parent is super tired and might not be able to think straight after giving birth. It sucks. Though we do technically have a 5 day limit per policy. That way, even if you don't have a name right away we can give you some days to come up with one. Still sucks either way.

@BlackPunkBird
You indeed make a fair point there. And I agree with you. It's unfortunate but it is a requirement from where I work. :c A DAY after delivering the baby no less. You know, when the parent is super tired and might not be able to think straight after giving birth. It sucks. Though we do technically have a 5 day limit per policy. That way, even if you don't have a name right away we can give you some days to come up with one. Still sucks either way.

Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
I work in an arcade.
I work in an arcade.
I pick the groceries for people who use my store's home delivery or click and collect services.
I pick the groceries for people who use my store's home delivery or click and collect services.
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
I'm a kennel technician at a municipal shelter.

People think I get paid to play with dogs but it's a lot more complicated than that. A lot of our dogs have severe behavioral problems so most of my money is earned trying not to get bitten, lol.

It's an extremely rewarding job but it is often sad. We cannot save every dog so we save what we can. As such I try not to get too attached.

EDIT:

I'd also like to make a smol PSA.

If you find newborn/very young kittens seemingly abandoned, please do not bring them to your shelter. Mama cat has to go hunt. It is common for her to leave her kittens for long periods of time. Unless you KNOW she is not returning, or you have not seen her for about a day and a half, leave the litter alone. Alert your local animal control/kitten rescue and just observe.

Neonatal kittens have an EXTREMELY high mortality rate. Well-meaning people ignorantly steal litters that have mothers coming back to them every year, dooming many of them. They need their moms. Unless you've seen mom pass away, leave the babies there.
I'm a kennel technician at a municipal shelter.

People think I get paid to play with dogs but it's a lot more complicated than that. A lot of our dogs have severe behavioral problems so most of my money is earned trying not to get bitten, lol.

It's an extremely rewarding job but it is often sad. We cannot save every dog so we save what we can. As such I try not to get too attached.

EDIT:

I'd also like to make a smol PSA.

If you find newborn/very young kittens seemingly abandoned, please do not bring them to your shelter. Mama cat has to go hunt. It is common for her to leave her kittens for long periods of time. Unless you KNOW she is not returning, or you have not seen her for about a day and a half, leave the litter alone. Alert your local animal control/kitten rescue and just observe.

Neonatal kittens have an EXTREMELY high mortality rate. Well-meaning people ignorantly steal litters that have mothers coming back to them every year, dooming many of them. They need their moms. Unless you've seen mom pass away, leave the babies there.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
I’m a chemical process engineer!
I’m a chemical process engineer!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9