Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fewer Arlo Alerts
I think having four different cards on the Which Waystone activities list makes it feel cluttered.

Particularly, having separate cards for "your task is finished" ("The Diamonds in the Rough") and "time to do another task" ("On the Clock? Break Some Rocks!") seems unnecessary. Baldwin only shows you "time to do another task" ("An Unstable Brew") if you have cleared the "your task is finished" ("Order's Up!") alert. If Arlo used that system, it would keep the Which Waystone page a little tidier.

(The only reason I can think they would be separate is if we're able to work on multiple dig sites at the same time in the future - if that's the case, I understand the rationale but I still feel like there are too many things to do.)

I also would really like no alert at all for research notes - the card only goes away if I happen to get exactly 8 and can give them to the guild. Maybe this is a me thing in terms of not being involved in the FR community, but I don't have people to send them to, so any fewer than 8 notes and I just have to sit there with the alert annoying me all day.
I think having four different cards on the Which Waystone activities list makes it feel cluttered.

Particularly, having separate cards for "your task is finished" ("The Diamonds in the Rough") and "time to do another task" ("On the Clock? Break Some Rocks!") seems unnecessary. Baldwin only shows you "time to do another task" ("An Unstable Brew") if you have cleared the "your task is finished" ("Order's Up!") alert. If Arlo used that system, it would keep the Which Waystone page a little tidier.

(The only reason I can think they would be separate is if we're able to work on multiple dig sites at the same time in the future - if that's the case, I understand the rationale but I still feel like there are too many things to do.)

I also would really like no alert at all for research notes - the card only goes away if I happen to get exactly 8 and can give them to the guild. Maybe this is a me thing in terms of not being involved in the FR community, but I don't have people to send them to, so any fewer than 8 notes and I just have to sit there with the alert annoying me all day.
As opposed to (what feels like) the vast majority of players who say they never use the waystone, I use the waystone to. basically do everything. every day.
Because it takes me less brain power to click on it and then the next due card rather than going through the sidebar links that way X3

And hard agree with you here. There are TOO many Arlo cards. I like the one telling you to go get your tools because that's a daily action, and it goes away easily and permanantly for the day, like Fiona. But the other cards are just. Always there, unless you're using up every single tool each and every day.

Which, if that's the way staff want us to play the game... why? D:

I have all the Arlo stuff I want, I'd rather save up the tools until there's something else I want, and save up notes for when a friend specifically wants help digging something up.

And even if you use up every single note and tool to get rid of those cards, you've still got the card to go get your tools each day. So you'd have to decide to either have that one stuck in your waystone, or collect the tools/notes, then have those two cards stuck in your waystone until you use up all your daily tools...

And there are some days that even when I play in all my available time, I could not possibly use up all my tools in the day, so the problem becomes compounded further.

Ideally, I'd love a way for each player who uses the waystone to be able to pick and choose what cards show up for them. (A settings gear in the top right corner like the inventory, and a page where you get to toggle between show/hide for each card, perhaps?) but less ideally, just. Remove some of the arlo cards that aren't necessary. "Spread the Knowledge" and "On the clock?" could be combined down to just one "you still gots stuff to use" card, at a minimum.
As opposed to (what feels like) the vast majority of players who say they never use the waystone, I use the waystone to. basically do everything. every day.
Because it takes me less brain power to click on it and then the next due card rather than going through the sidebar links that way X3

And hard agree with you here. There are TOO many Arlo cards. I like the one telling you to go get your tools because that's a daily action, and it goes away easily and permanantly for the day, like Fiona. But the other cards are just. Always there, unless you're using up every single tool each and every day.

I have all the Arlo stuff I want, I'd rather save up the tools until there's something else I want, and save up notes for when a friend specifically wants help digging something up.

And even if you use up every single note and tool to get rid of those cards, you've still got the card to go get your tools each day. So you'd have to decide to either have that one stuck in your waystone, or collect the tools/notes, then have those two cards stuck in your waystone until you use up all your daily tools...

And there are some days that even when I play in all my available time, I could not possibly use up all my tools in the day, so the problem becomes compounded further.

Ideally, I'd love a way for each player who uses the waystone to be able to pick and choose what cards show up for them. (A settings gear in the top right corner like the inventory, and a page where you get to toggle between show/hide for each card, perhaps?) but less ideally, just. Remove some of the arlo cards that aren't necessary. "Spread the Knowledge" and "On the clock?" could be combined down to just one "you still gots stuff to use" card, at a minimum.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
[quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2022-05-11 13:50:48" ] As opposed to (what feels like) the vast majority of players who say they never use the waystone, I use the waystone to. basically do everything. every day. Because it takes me less brain power to click on it and then the next due card rather than going through the sidebar links that way X3 And hard agree with you here. There are TOO many Arlo cards. I like the one telling you to go get your tools because that's a daily action, and it goes away easily and permanantly for the day, like Fiona. But the other cards are just. Always there, unless you're using up every single tool each and every day. Which, if that's the way staff want us to play the game... why? D: I have all the Arlo stuff I want, I'd rather save up the tools until there's something else I want, and save up notes for when a friend specifically wants help digging something up. And even if you use up every single note and tool to get rid of those cards, you've still got the card to go get your tools each day. So you'd have to decide to either have that one stuck in your waystone, or collect the tools/notes, then have those two cards stuck in your waystone until you use up all your daily tools... And there are some days that even when I play in all my available time, I could not possibly use up all my tools in the day, so the problem becomes compounded further. Ideally, I'd love a way for each player who uses the waystone to be able to pick and choose what cards show up for them. (A settings gear in the top right corner like the inventory, and a page where you get to toggle between show/hide for each card, perhaps?) but less ideally, just. Remove some of the arlo cards that aren't necessary. "Spread the Knowledge" and "On the clock?" could be combined down to just one "you still gots stuff to use" card, at a minimum. [/quote] agree w everything said here
clockworkMoose wrote on 2022-05-11 13:50:48:

agree w everything said here
66.png
Full Support!

I feel like many players DO use the waystone but don't speak about it. I know I use the waystone for sure, and I Love seeing the cleared out section on the dailies.

I agree that all of Arlo's notifs could be reduced to just one Daily saying to collect your items, and, if we're being generous, another to say that your digsites are done being worked on.

I also agree w the above in that a way to add or remove certain things from the Daily list would help players cater to their own experience easier, and that's always a great QOL improvement.
Full Support!

I feel like many players DO use the waystone but don't speak about it. I know I use the waystone for sure, and I Love seeing the cleared out section on the dailies.

I agree that all of Arlo's notifs could be reduced to just one Daily saying to collect your items, and, if we're being generous, another to say that your digsites are done being worked on.

I also agree w the above in that a way to add or remove certain things from the Daily list would help players cater to their own experience easier, and that's always a great QOL improvement.
15295.png
< PST | Exalter & Lore-Writer | Artist >

< Project Moon | Rain World | LoZ | Pokemon >

39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Very excited that they've made it possible to disable digsite action alerts! If possible I'd still really like to disable the research notes alert as well. I am an "inbox zero" type of manager.
Very excited that they've made it possible to disable digsite action alerts! If possible I'd still really like to disable the research notes alert as well. I am an "inbox zero" type of manager.
Support. I literally came to the suggestions forum to find and support this. I like the addition of Arlo a lot but between my gazillion dig resources that I've accumulated and all those different waystone cards, it's kind of overwhelming.
Support. I literally came to the suggestions forum to find and support this. I like the addition of Arlo a lot but between my gazillion dig resources that I've accumulated and all those different waystone cards, it's kind of overwhelming.
I7a1ndF.png