Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hello
1 2
Hey, I've been interested in getting a flight rising account for so heckin' long but when I first tried signing up they only allowed people in during rare and very short windows. And after trying a few times I ended up forgetting about it lol. But finally maybe a decade later here I am!

And as a way of introductions, I'm RenegadeWarden, feel free to call me Ren, Rene, Renegade, or really whatever you want! (as long as its not rude uwu)

I like videogames, art, roleplaying, and reading manga.

Anyways I'm glade I'm finally a part of this community and I can't wait to really get in it lol
Hey, I've been interested in getting a flight rising account for so heckin' long but when I first tried signing up they only allowed people in during rare and very short windows. And after trying a few times I ended up forgetting about it lol. But finally maybe a decade later here I am!

And as a way of introductions, I'm RenegadeWarden, feel free to call me Ren, Rene, Renegade, or really whatever you want! (as long as its not rude uwu)

I like videogames, art, roleplaying, and reading manga.

Anyways I'm glade I'm finally a part of this community and I can't wait to really get in it lol
They/Them
@RenegadeWarden Hello there, welcome! Hope you like your time here! If you need any help feel free to ask!
@RenegadeWarden Hello there, welcome! Hope you like your time here! If you need any help feel free to ask!
GJ4HbdE.gif
@RenegadeWarden Hello! I only recently started here because my S.O. recommended it to me. So far, I am enjoying it. I really like the battle coliseum and just how well put together the site is! I have no site information to help you out with, as I am just learning myself. Where did you hear of FR? What games are you playing lately?
@RenegadeWarden Hello! I only recently started here because my S.O. recommended it to me. So far, I am enjoying it. I really like the battle coliseum and just how well put together the site is! I have no site information to help you out with, as I am just learning myself. Where did you hear of FR? What games are you playing lately?
@godbrand Hi! I'm also really enjoying the coliseum stuff, tbh I wasn't expecting it lol but it's fun being able to fight and get rewards and stuff from it! I'm actually surprised by how good some of the early area rewards are...

I first heard about it when playing in the B/C pets forum on gaia online. I'f you don't know what the B/C forum is it's essentially the "adoptables" forum that fr has lol. That was nearly a decade ago tho when getting an account wasn't as easy... And since I saw people posting about it in various places, most recently tumblr, when I sudden'y realized hey maybe the player number restrictions thing has been lifted and I can actually get an account now?? and low and behold! so here I am lol

The most recent game I've been playing thats not a pet site or an phone app is Rune Factory 5 a game I had been waiting for for nearly as long as I've wanted a flight rising account :P It's so fun too!

what about you? what kind of games do you play?
@godbrand Hi! I'm also really enjoying the coliseum stuff, tbh I wasn't expecting it lol but it's fun being able to fight and get rewards and stuff from it! I'm actually surprised by how good some of the early area rewards are...

I first heard about it when playing in the B/C pets forum on gaia online. I'f you don't know what the B/C forum is it's essentially the "adoptables" forum that fr has lol. That was nearly a decade ago tho when getting an account wasn't as easy... And since I saw people posting about it in various places, most recently tumblr, when I sudden'y realized hey maybe the player number restrictions thing has been lifted and I can actually get an account now?? and low and behold! so here I am lol

The most recent game I've been playing thats not a pet site or an phone app is Rune Factory 5 a game I had been waiting for for nearly as long as I've wanted a flight rising account :P It's so fun too!

what about you? what kind of games do you play?
They/Them
@RenegadeWarden Thats so cool. I used to play OG Gaia Online! Right before they "upgraded" and added fishing. I am so surprised that site is still up and running. If you can really call it that lol. I tried to make a new account within the last few years and omg is it a trainwreck. I mean it always was a train wreck, but WOW is it really bad now. Great concept but absolutely NO effort in perfecting the site. This place seems like it's been crafted by artisan pet site coders.

I played RF for a little bit on the DS, I believe it was the first one. It was pretty good IMO, but I prefer more open world survival sandbox games. Most recently I was playing Project Zomboid. Before that I was binging Ark: Survival Evolved.
@RenegadeWarden Thats so cool. I used to play OG Gaia Online! Right before they "upgraded" and added fishing. I am so surprised that site is still up and running. If you can really call it that lol. I tried to make a new account within the last few years and omg is it a trainwreck. I mean it always was a train wreck, but WOW is it really bad now. Great concept but absolutely NO effort in perfecting the site. This place seems like it's been crafted by artisan pet site coders.

I played RF for a little bit on the DS, I believe it was the first one. It was pretty good IMO, but I prefer more open world survival sandbox games. Most recently I was playing Project Zomboid. Before that I was binging Ark: Survival Evolved.
@godbrand Oh wow I totally forgot about the fishing! I actually kinda liked the fishing thing tho it was definetly around when they started to impliment more "features" and things that were really just transparent cash grabs... Like when they had introduced a cash shop item that upon opening it would give you like 10million gold at the very least. and to "fix the inflation" that it caused they introduced this gold sink where you could get rare or unique items by dumping hundreds of millions of gold into it... without first removing the thing that gives people tens of millions of gold per item... and thats not even the tip of the ice berg...

But yeah I stopped going on gaia around 6-7 years ago I think? I do miss it but not in it's current form...

I mean to be fair gaia got bought out by corporate scum who's main goal was squeezing out players money rather than making a good or usable site... While I don't know any of the behind the scenes stuff for fr it definitely seems to care about it's user base and it's core features.

Lol man the first one is the worst by far, the machanics are some of the worst in the series and theres so little quality of life features... IMO the rf game that does the core game play machanics best would be 4, the one with the best story and most unique game machanic would be 3, and the one that feels the most unique over all even if it's a bit clunky to play is 2. While I think 5 is a sorta dolled up but mainstreamified version of 4.

Tho I'm not trying to convinve you to try a different rf game since they are definetly not a survival sandbox game series lol.
Tho for survival sandbox games my fav is probably "don't starve" it's pretty to look at and super easy to get into, I just wish it had a little more depth.

I've been meaning to try playing ark but I'm not a huge fan of the graphics
@godbrand Oh wow I totally forgot about the fishing! I actually kinda liked the fishing thing tho it was definetly around when they started to impliment more "features" and things that were really just transparent cash grabs... Like when they had introduced a cash shop item that upon opening it would give you like 10million gold at the very least. and to "fix the inflation" that it caused they introduced this gold sink where you could get rare or unique items by dumping hundreds of millions of gold into it... without first removing the thing that gives people tens of millions of gold per item... and thats not even the tip of the ice berg...

But yeah I stopped going on gaia around 6-7 years ago I think? I do miss it but not in it's current form...

I mean to be fair gaia got bought out by corporate scum who's main goal was squeezing out players money rather than making a good or usable site... While I don't know any of the behind the scenes stuff for fr it definitely seems to care about it's user base and it's core features.

Lol man the first one is the worst by far, the machanics are some of the worst in the series and theres so little quality of life features... IMO the rf game that does the core game play machanics best would be 4, the one with the best story and most unique game machanic would be 3, and the one that feels the most unique over all even if it's a bit clunky to play is 2. While I think 5 is a sorta dolled up but mainstreamified version of 4.

Tho I'm not trying to convinve you to try a different rf game since they are definetly not a survival sandbox game series lol.
Tho for survival sandbox games my fav is probably "don't starve" it's pretty to look at and super easy to get into, I just wish it had a little more depth.

I've been meaning to try playing ark but I'm not a huge fan of the graphics
They/Them
@renegadewarden I remember when they added that cheesy little like, I don't even know what to call it, but you could pop up another window and your avatar would be able to walk around a little square space and talk to other Gaia peeps. Like some cheep INVU knock off lmao.

And damn, I believe I have heard of Don't Starve. I haven't gotten around to trying it, seeing as each time I get into a game it eats up years of my life.

Speaking of Ark, what isn't to love about the graphics?!?! I get that sometimes it geeks out and goes all polygon on you. But you gotta admit between the Griffins, Wyverns, and just the sheer scale of the game its a different experience in its own. When you play Ark and talk to someone else who plays, it feels like you are swapping war stories lol.
@renegadewarden I remember when they added that cheesy little like, I don't even know what to call it, but you could pop up another window and your avatar would be able to walk around a little square space and talk to other Gaia peeps. Like some cheep INVU knock off lmao.

And damn, I believe I have heard of Don't Starve. I haven't gotten around to trying it, seeing as each time I get into a game it eats up years of my life.

Speaking of Ark, what isn't to love about the graphics?!?! I get that sometimes it geeks out and goes all polygon on you. But you gotta admit between the Griffins, Wyverns, and just the sheer scale of the game its a different experience in its own. When you play Ark and talk to someone else who plays, it feels like you are swapping war stories lol.
@godbrand Wow you were on gaia before the "explore" thing was opened? that was a thing from before I joined back in '07 But yeah it was cute but mainly pointless. And when I used it it was full of people asking to 'cyber' lol and they never really did much with it besides I guess adding houses you could decorate

Yeah it's super fun, tho it's not like ark or other mmo survival games in that it's not designed around long term play. It's more like a rouge like tbh. And one game can take like 20 minutes to like 5 hours. But yeah if you like those sorts of games I definitely recommend it

Lol I wasn't critisizing the graphics at all I'm just not a fav of those semi-realistic graphics it has, I prefer more cartoony or anime esk graphics, especially if I'm gonna build things.
@godbrand Wow you were on gaia before the "explore" thing was opened? that was a thing from before I joined back in '07 But yeah it was cute but mainly pointless. And when I used it it was full of people asking to 'cyber' lol and they never really did much with it besides I guess adding houses you could decorate

Yeah it's super fun, tho it's not like ark or other mmo survival games in that it's not designed around long term play. It's more like a rouge like tbh. And one game can take like 20 minutes to like 5 hours. But yeah if you like those sorts of games I definitely recommend it

Lol I wasn't critisizing the graphics at all I'm just not a fav of those semi-realistic graphics it has, I prefer more cartoony or anime esk graphics, especially if I'm gonna build things.
They/Them
@renegadewarden I checked out Don't Starve on Steam cuz I'm looking for a different survival experience. I noticed there was a game Don't Starve Together. Is it the same game? Or is it specifically different from Don't Starve? It looked like it was built to encourage long-term play.

Have you heard of One Hour, One Life? It seems like that would be up your ally if you are interested in Don't Starve. I haven't tried it yet but it has been the subject of my Youtube videogame watching content lately.
@renegadewarden I checked out Don't Starve on Steam cuz I'm looking for a different survival experience. I noticed there was a game Don't Starve Together. Is it the same game? Or is it specifically different from Don't Starve? It looked like it was built to encourage long-term play.

Have you heard of One Hour, One Life? It seems like that would be up your ally if you are interested in Don't Starve. I haven't tried it yet but it has been the subject of my Youtube videogame watching content lately.
@godbrand It's the co-op version, pretty much identical but without one of the single player modes and you have the ability to change what spawns, how much of any given thing spawns, how long any given season lasts or if you even get said season, and which season you start on. Making it so you can completely customize the experience. Tbh sometimes I'll play don't starve together by myself just for that feature lol

I have heard of it! and I even technically own it. Problem is it triggers my social anxiety HARD so I can't really play it.... I prefer when mmo's let me get the hang of the game first before I have to interact with people XP
@godbrand It's the co-op version, pretty much identical but without one of the single player modes and you have the ability to change what spawns, how much of any given thing spawns, how long any given season lasts or if you even get said season, and which season you start on. Making it so you can completely customize the experience. Tbh sometimes I'll play don't starve together by myself just for that feature lol

I have heard of it! and I even technically own it. Problem is it triggers my social anxiety HARD so I can't really play it.... I prefer when mmo's let me get the hang of the game first before I have to interact with people XP
They/Them
1 2