Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Sparkle Dragons
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 84 85
This new gene is so pretty!! It’s simple but it still looks so nice in my opinion! [emoji=imperial love size=1]
This new gene is so pretty!! It’s simple but it still looks so nice in my opinion!
[quote name="Reptilia" date="2022-05-08 22:50:02" ] too flat, looks odd without any varying angles to the sparkles. useless in many colors, and sometimes extremely obvious they're solid circles with solid diamonds behind them and almost no blending. disappointing. [/quote] @Reptilia I too agree it would have looked more "alive" if they varied the angles and shading on this gene at least a little. You could head over to the suggestions forum? [b]At least they might remember your comment the next time they release a relatively simple tertiary gene :)[/b] And if you do, ping me and I'll support it!
Reptilia wrote on 2022-05-08 22:50:02:
too flat, looks odd without any varying angles to the sparkles. useless in many colors, and sometimes extremely obvious they're solid circles with solid diamonds behind them and almost no blending. disappointing.

@Reptilia I too agree it would have looked more "alive" if they varied the angles and shading on this gene at least a little. You could head over to the suggestions forum? At least they might remember your comment the next time they release a relatively simple tertiary gene :) And if you do, ping me and I'll support it!
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
[quote name="Norayna0ekoa" date="2022-05-07 17:02:12" ] Honestly, this looks so dang cute! But wouldn't it be a better fit as apparel? It looks more like the flowerfall apparel than a gene...-- were my first thoughts on that. But this way around the are more colors available and for this new kind of flowerfall and it can pretty up even ancients in a way cheaper than than a beautiful yet expensive UMA. What a great idea! [emoji=heart size=1] [/quote] @Norayna0ekoa Your comment makes [i]sense[/i].
Norayna0ekoa wrote on 2022-05-07 17:02:12:
Honestly, this looks so dang cute! But wouldn't it be a better fit as apparel? It looks more like the flowerfall apparel than a gene...-- were my first thoughts on that.

But this way around the are more colors available and for this new kind of flowerfall and it can pretty up even ancients in a way cheaper than than a beautiful yet expensive UMA. What a great idea!

@Norayna0ekoa Your comment makes sense.
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
IM IN LOVE
IM IN LOVE
ePOliyb.png
NjaYK36.png
FObX7rS.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
art_shop_small.png
[quote name="Alithium8" date="2022-05-07 10:57:23" ] [quote name="odakotarose" date="2022-05-07 10:01:06" ] - the sparkles are overly large and cartoony looking to me, kind of like the stickers I used to slap on everything during middle school which ties into - they seem really flat to me, again like stickers, and therefore they don't work very well for a lot of terts imo. I think it's a really cool idea but unfortunately, I don't see myself using this gene a lot :/ [/quote] I fully agree with this, they dont shine the way Firefly or even Starmap/Constellation do, they look like flat colored stars, specially the bigger sparkles :/ They should have been more delicate and sparkly to me, like the stars of Star/Con! I thought I would change one of my Midnight/Midnight/Ice with this tert, but over StarCon it looks like a hot mess :( "Cut out" sparkles in the dragon's body and see right through it... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=24&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=97&winggene=25&wings=11&auth=0a19b5a89a8f97f90e3c7991ee09177678caf0c8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote] @odakotarose @Alithium8 I totally see your point, and I too was disappointed when I tried starmap/constellation/sparkles. And yes, they do remind me of childhood stickers. And yes, I too kind of expected a little shine. However, I believe apparel can save a lot of it. I think the price and rarity are supposed to express the time and effort spent on the gene, and staff [i]did[/i] make it available for all breeds.... It is cheaper than ghost, and seems to work ok with crystal.
Alithium8 wrote on 2022-05-07 10:57:23:
odakotarose wrote on 2022-05-07 10:01:06:
- the sparkles are overly large and cartoony looking to me, kind of like the stickers I used to slap on everything during middle school which ties into
- they seem really flat to me, again like stickers, and therefore they don't work very well for a lot of terts imo.

I think it's a really cool idea but unfortunately, I don't see myself using this gene a lot :/

I fully agree with this, they dont shine the way Firefly or even Starmap/Constellation do, they look like flat colored stars, specially the bigger sparkles :/ They should have been more delicate and sparkly to me, like the stars of Star/Con!

I thought I would change one of my Midnight/Midnight/Ice with this tert, but over StarCon it looks like a hot mess :(
"Cut out" sparkles in the dragon's body and see right through it...
dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=24&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=97&winggene=25&wings=11&auth=0a19b5a89a8f97f90e3c7991ee09177678caf0c8&dummyext=prev.png

@odakotarose @Alithium8 I totally see your point, and I too was disappointed when I tried starmap/constellation/sparkles. And yes, they do remind me of childhood stickers. And yes, I too kind of expected a little shine. However, I believe apparel can save a lot of it. I think the price and rarity are supposed to express the time and effort spent on the gene, and staff did make it available for all breeds.... It is cheaper than ghost, and seems to work ok with crystal.
This gene looks so pretty!
But it falls a little flat for me when the sparkles just look like stickers, they're flat with no dimensions, which is a little disappointing, but it's still pretty nonetheless.
This gene looks so pretty!
But it falls a little flat for me when the sparkles just look like stickers, they're flat with no dimensions, which is a little disappointing, but it's still pretty nonetheless.
Call me Creature/Iknox.
She/They
4YbOe.gif TYFPN.gif LSAJ9.gif MgBOm.gif
It's so sparkly and pretty!!!
It's so sparkly and pretty!!!
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Yay we always need new terts.
Yay we always need new terts.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Wow!! This is my new favorite thing. MUST GET
Wow!! This is my new favorite thing. MUST GET
tDeKDnH.png awLHn.gif the mountains are calling and I must go...
this gene solves so many problems. insane
this gene solves so many problems. insane
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 84 85