Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to expand Lair using Gems
I think it might be handy to have both a treasure and gem option for expanding lairs. Obviously the gem option would scale like the treasure option, and ideally would match the gem/treasure exchange rate. It could potentially bring more income to the site (a lot of people don't have the time to farm treasure, if the threads about lowering the cost of expansion are anything to go by) and gives gems another use.
I think it might be handy to have both a treasure and gem option for expanding lairs. Obviously the gem option would scale like the treasure option, and ideally would match the gem/treasure exchange rate. It could potentially bring more income to the site (a lot of people don't have the time to farm treasure, if the threads about lowering the cost of expansion are anything to go by) and gives gems another use.
No support, the treasure/gem exchange rate changes often and is controlled by users, having something that could be bought with either would fix it at that rate.
No support, the treasure/gem exchange rate changes often and is controlled by users, having something that could be bought with either would fix it at that rate.
I don't see how stabilizing the exchange rate would be a bad thing? It changes so much nobody can keep track of it, having it fixed would make it easier to price with gems.
I don't see how stabilizing the exchange rate would be a bad thing? It changes so much nobody can keep track of it, having it fixed would make it easier to price with gems.
When the exchange rate changes it allows people to account for how much treasure is in the economy and what have you at any given time, which serves to make people's real life money investment in gems. If treasure isn't particularly valuable at a given time and you buy gems and sell them at the fixed exchange, you're losing money on the real-life investment compared to a time when treasure is valuable and thus its a favorable exchange. It allows the real-world money to treasure value to stay more consistent even if the treasure to gem ratio does not.
When the exchange rate changes it allows people to account for how much treasure is in the economy and what have you at any given time, which serves to make people's real life money investment in gems. If treasure isn't particularly valuable at a given time and you buy gems and sell them at the fixed exchange, you're losing money on the real-life investment compared to a time when treasure is valuable and thus its a favorable exchange. It allows the real-world money to treasure value to stay more consistent even if the treasure to gem ratio does not.