Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Fan breed: The Keepstrollers
Something that I did for fun :) [center][font=Papyrus][size=7][b]The Keeptrollers[/b][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/e6405be9b3ea57feb783af8a1b0f78c7/2b1714973d6d69d3-ec/s1280x1920/33242b9ea60f0094446131585548f923978c684b.png[/img][/center] [b]Rarity: [/b]Rare, Ancient [b]Breeding Cooldown:[/b] 40 days [b]Diet:[/b] Plants, Seafood [b]Element: [/b]Water [b]Lore:[/b] Massive leviathans, present since the primordial seas of a World now forgotten by everyone, except by them. Doted with a gift by the Tidelord in the form of a massive, deep home in the fields surrounding the Spiral Keep, where they would be close to their creator, a place even bigger than any Dragon could've known, big enough to hide herds of these giants. Tidelord's bubbles bring them precious air and knowledge no other creature could access, it is said that the bubbles that nowadays reach the upper levels of the Water Domain are just the ones the Keepstroller missed to catch. The Tidelord however, has been acting strange in the recent era, fewer bubbles come from within his deep chamber, and apparently they claim harrowing predictions, the changes Sorneith is facing and the scarce sources of air and food have forced the Keepstrollers to venture to the surface in masse for the first time in millenia, something that only desperate individuals whould do rarely in their lifetime has now became a welcome spectacle for the rediscover of new Water brethren. [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] Keepstrollers are the largest breed know so far. Their skin is smooth to the touch, but very thick. They use their front legs to patroll by foot the bottom of the seafloor in search for food, their bodies are not as heavy as one might assume, since they keep a lot of air reserves within, however, a row of fins, as well as their powerfull tail and wings allow them better manouvering, a slight increase in speed and to swim upwards when needed. They are capable of keeping oxygen for extended periods of time, only rarely feeling the need to speed up to the surface, their sightings so rare and fast that they are often mistook by sea monsters by pirate ships. The cartilaginous horns that crown their heads are slightly movable, they are mainly used for visual comunication. They can whitstand the huge pressure of the sea bottom. [b]Social:[/b] Keepstrolers move in herds of no more than 10, often guided by a matriarch. Being a purely nomadic species they constantly move in order to find sources of food,only stopping in order to lay their eggs. During these stationary times food rationing is vital, is not uncommon for members of the herd to experience periods of hunger untill the hatchlings are born. Keepers of secrets brought to them by the first bubbles the Tidelord gifted them, they absorb their secrets alongside the air they provide, and then pass along said secrets and visions to the next generations, it is said that no other breed knows the secret history of Sorneith as much as them. Although capable of speak, they oftem comunicate visually or with a language consisting of hums, echoes or guttural noices, in order to not waste air, their source of living and what keeps them close to their creator. They tend to be very united within the ones of their own species, and don't have to worry about predators due to their size, fights between each other are rare, mostly happening due to territorial disputes or occational bitterness. [b]Lair:[/b] As a fully nomadic species they do not keep still for long, Clans willing to welcome them should be aware that this species is unable to leave the water, access to a massive supply of aquatic space is needed, they'll only stay within if the space and food access conditions are stable. Although, it has been noted that they emigrate back to their ancestral home with varying regularity in order to recieve the wisdom of the Tidelord as scarce as it has become, so they may leave the grounds of their new Lairs for some periods of time. It is difficult for them to make relations with other breeds, but younger individuals are willing to integrate themselves. They make great archivists, sages, merchants or explorers. [b]Tactics:[/b] In combat they take full advantage of their size, often just a well positioned stomp or tail fling is enough to stop the fight one way or another. If the battle goes on, or if the opponent happens to be of the same species, or if just the physical combat is useless, they are capable of using a limited set of magic options. ----- [center][b]EXTRAS[/b][/center] ----- [b]Some tert genes: [center][b]Fans[/b][/b] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f5c0f292cb7fa95b06577b9b8625bc1c/2b1714973d6d69d3-ce/s1280x1920/841a1c5afd2390154dc33abdfe68568452538a3a.png[/img] [b]Reefback (exclusive gene)[/b] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f99e49f1f5af8a37f45f08ef72ef8fd6/2b1714973d6d69d3-47/s1280x1920/ed241164444f5406f5b3c8d3d99848851acd1d24.png[/img] [/center] [center][b]Small doodle of their average size (average Imperial for comparison):[/b] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/1950591175b8d57ed5e89ebd4a8f2f04/2b1714973d6d69d3-31/s400x600/4460153d97624ee797192aabca9da9852470616f.png[/img][/center]
Something that I did for fun :)
The Keeptrollers
33242b9ea60f0094446131585548f923978c684b.png

Rarity: Rare, Ancient

Breeding Cooldown: 40 days

Diet: Plants, Seafood

Element: Water

Lore: Massive leviathans, present since the primordial seas of a World now forgotten by everyone, except by them. Doted with a gift by the Tidelord in the form of a massive, deep home in the fields surrounding the Spiral Keep, where they would be close to their creator, a place even bigger than any Dragon could've known, big enough to hide herds of these giants. Tidelord's bubbles bring them precious air and knowledge no other creature could access, it is said that the bubbles that nowadays reach the upper levels of the Water Domain are just the ones the Keepstroller missed to catch. The Tidelord however, has been acting strange in the recent era, fewer bubbles come from within his deep chamber, and apparently they claim harrowing predictions, the changes Sorneith is facing and the scarce sources of air and food have forced the Keepstrollers to venture to the surface in masse for the first time in millenia, something that only desperate individuals whould do rarely in their lifetime has now became a welcome spectacle for the rediscover of new Water brethren.

Physical Attributes: Keepstrollers are the largest breed know so far. Their skin is smooth to the touch, but very thick. They use their front legs to patroll by foot the bottom of the seafloor in search for food, their bodies are not as heavy as one might assume, since they keep a lot of air reserves within, however, a row of fins, as well as their powerfull tail and wings allow them better manouvering, a slight increase in speed and to swim upwards when needed. They are capable of keeping oxygen for extended periods of time, only rarely feeling the need to speed up to the surface, their sightings so rare and fast that they are often mistook by sea monsters by pirate ships. The cartilaginous horns that crown their heads are slightly movable, they are mainly used for visual comunication. They can whitstand the huge pressure of the sea bottom.

Social: Keepstrolers move in herds of no more than 10, often guided by a matriarch. Being a purely nomadic species they constantly move in order to find sources of food,only stopping in order to lay their eggs. During these stationary times food rationing is vital, is not uncommon for members of the herd to experience periods of hunger untill the hatchlings are born. Keepers of secrets brought to them by the first bubbles the Tidelord gifted them, they absorb their secrets alongside the air they provide, and then pass along said secrets and visions to the next generations, it is said that no other breed knows the secret history of Sorneith as much as them. Although capable of speak, they oftem comunicate visually or with a language consisting of hums, echoes or guttural noices, in order to not waste air, their source of living and what keeps them close to their creator. They tend to be very united within the ones of their own species, and don't have to worry about predators due to their size, fights between each other are rare, mostly happening due to territorial disputes or occational bitterness.

Lair: As a fully nomadic species they do not keep still for long, Clans willing to welcome them should be aware that this species is unable to leave the water, access to a massive supply of aquatic space is needed, they'll only stay within if the space and food access conditions are stable. Although, it has been noted that they emigrate back to their ancestral home with varying regularity in order to recieve the wisdom of the Tidelord as scarce as it has become, so they may leave the grounds of their new Lairs for some periods of time. It is difficult for them to make relations with other breeds, but younger individuals are willing to integrate themselves. They make great archivists, sages, merchants or explorers.

Tactics: In combat they take full advantage of their size, often just a well positioned stomp or tail fling is enough to stop the fight one way or another. If the battle goes on, or if the opponent happens to be of the same species, or if just the physical combat is useless, they are capable of using a limited set of magic options.

EXTRAS

Some tert genes:

Fans

841a1c5afd2390154dc33abdfe68568452538a3a.png

Reefback (exclusive gene)

ed241164444f5406f5b3c8d3d99848851acd1d24.png

Small doodle of their average size (average Imperial for comparison):

4460153d97624ee797192aabca9da9852470616f.png
DyYwZkw.png
omg.. its so freaking cute!
I wish that was an actual dragon on here, i would have 20 of em.
omg.. its so freaking cute!
I wish that was an actual dragon on here, i would have 20 of em.
09df90b8c7256023cf41d561ed314056cb2a6d86r1-480-265_128.gif
BLSc7JM.png
ciurGcg.png44mkmoN.png

Click Here And Sell Me Your Dragons
Wishlist1= Wishlist Troglodyte= Lineage Page
Left= RedGuy Right= Adopt Showcase

CHUW47C.png
@TheAlmightySei Aaaaah thank you!!! I tried (keyword tried) to make them look as closely as official FR art as I could :D
@TheAlmightySei Aaaaah thank you!!! I tried (keyword tried) to make them look as closely as official FR art as I could :D
DyYwZkw.png
i adore these!!! i love the tails in particular, along with the face shape? they make me feel all happy inside! if at any time I drew them would that be okay? i'd definitely credit you! i just think they're neat :]
i adore these!!! i love the tails in particular, along with the face shape? they make me feel all happy inside! if at any time I drew them would that be okay? i'd definitely credit you! i just think they're neat :]
Wow, this is such a great idea! Would you be opposed to perhaps making art/skin of them based off another dragon if it’s personal? Sounds like a wonderful fanbreed idea!
Wow, this is such a great idea! Would you be opposed to perhaps making art/skin of them based off another dragon if it’s personal? Sounds like a wonderful fanbreed idea!
TEz7KLs.png
@wormdisco if you give credit then absolutely! I'd love to see them and thank you!!

@Saharawrites I have no experience with making skins, art by itself could be done tho
@wormdisco if you give credit then absolutely! I'd love to see them and thank you!!

@Saharawrites I have no experience with making skins, art by itself could be done tho
DyYwZkw.png