Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Home Flight?
1 2
I'm in Lightning because when I joined, I really liked the color of the eyes. However, I liked the aesthetic of Arcane and Shadow more, but didn't like the eye color as much. And, I still don't like Shadow's quite as much mainly because they're very very dark on Common and I kinda wanna see some color fhdkjfh

Anyway, I want to move to Wind, because as the years passed, I got into youkai and Japanese mythology, and began to genuinely love the aesthetic of its architecture and things such as paper lanterns and the like (since I used to be a weeb in my youth, but now I'm actually a real fan ehehe).

Also, I have a breeding project idea that would benefit from Wind eyes! And also it's genuinely a nice shade of green, IMO.

The only other thing I can say is that I have an extremely stupid breeding project I'm still setting up for in Ice. Since I'm extremely meticulous, I want a male dragon that has a 1/72 chance of inheriting the colors I want from this pair, effectively giving me a 1/144 project. Yes, it's very stupid, but the principle is strong and I want it to be this way. I half wonder if I should temporarily (and by temporarily I mean for nine heckin' years) move to Ice once I have the parents...
I'm in Lightning because when I joined, I really liked the color of the eyes. However, I liked the aesthetic of Arcane and Shadow more, but didn't like the eye color as much. And, I still don't like Shadow's quite as much mainly because they're very very dark on Common and I kinda wanna see some color fhdkjfh

Anyway, I want to move to Wind, because as the years passed, I got into youkai and Japanese mythology, and began to genuinely love the aesthetic of its architecture and things such as paper lanterns and the like (since I used to be a weeb in my youth, but now I'm actually a real fan ehehe).

Also, I have a breeding project idea that would benefit from Wind eyes! And also it's genuinely a nice shade of green, IMO.

The only other thing I can say is that I have an extremely stupid breeding project I'm still setting up for in Ice. Since I'm extremely meticulous, I want a male dragon that has a 1/72 chance of inheriting the colors I want from this pair, effectively giving me a 1/144 project. Yes, it's very stupid, but the principle is strong and I want it to be this way. I half wonder if I should temporarily (and by temporarily I mean for nine heckin' years) move to Ice once I have the parents...
fr_momen.gif Here I am, once again! Ittan-Momen! Ten out of ten!
vQK3Xf3.pngnmHdjnM.png
4ukcSDr.pngYMPbu9R.png
nnBylsC.png
RDt6LqI.png
Name's Gummie Glitz! Nice~to~meet~you!
[quote name="Glistening" date="2021-10-03 05:28:01" ] I feel like the only direction I can personally go with any of this is to be a little bit of everything, even though it's not really supported by the game itself. Do any of you feel the same way, and what do you do about it? [/quote] The game supports whatever you want to do lorewise. I often see people complaining because they're stuck in a flight but love aesthetics of other flights... and I just don't understand why that's a problem ahah ^^ You can do anything you like, you're just limited by yourself and your imagination. Just because you're in a flight, nothing forces you to stick with just one aesthetic. I plan on having tabs with different aesthetics. I'm Shadow flight, but if you check my lair, I have tabs that probably would fit more in Light. I love so much different stuff, all flights have something I love, and I'm going to explore all of it.
Glistening wrote on 2021-10-03 05:28:01:
I feel like the only direction I can personally go with any of this is to be a little bit of everything, even though it's not really supported by the game itself. Do any of you feel the same way, and what do you do about it?

The game supports whatever you want to do lorewise.

I often see people complaining because they're stuck in a flight but love aesthetics of other flights... and I just don't understand why that's a problem ahah ^^ You can do anything you like, you're just limited by yourself and your imagination.

Just because you're in a flight, nothing forces you to stick with just one aesthetic. I plan on having tabs with different aesthetics. I'm Shadow flight, but if you check my lair, I have tabs that probably would fit more in Light. I love so much different stuff, all flights have something I love, and I'm going to explore all of it.
I started in Ice flight and haven't switched, though I've been itching to take a vacation to either Light or Nature. I might try and see if I can get into the official Discords, but for now I'm pretty content staying in Ice until the Clan Profile update — truth be told, I'm not a fan of Ice's banner, and I'm hoping that revamped profile graphics are part of the revamp, so I'm thinking of making my final decision based off what happens there.

I love Ice's community, especially those in the Discord server! Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, so it's easy to call it my home. Icewarden is also my favorite Deity in general, and part of that is flight-spirit but also I like his design the best out of everyone else's. He's so fluffy!
I started in Ice flight and haven't switched, though I've been itching to take a vacation to either Light or Nature. I might try and see if I can get into the official Discords, but for now I'm pretty content staying in Ice until the Clan Profile update — truth be told, I'm not a fan of Ice's banner, and I'm hoping that revamped profile graphics are part of the revamp, so I'm thinking of making my final decision based off what happens there.

I love Ice's community, especially those in the Discord server! Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, so it's easy to call it my home. Icewarden is also my favorite Deity in general, and part of that is flight-spirit but also I like his design the best out of everyone else's. He's so fluffy!
fo11Vhp.png
Wow! This thread really took off! And I'm loving even post, thank you all! The tabs thing is kinda blowing my mind right now! I've been here for this long and that never crossed my mind, I've been wondering what the heck I was going to do with the tabs. I don't know how I didn't think of that! Honestly I don't really think anything can beat the site banner for the Nature flight for me, but I have found myself really considering the Arcane flight lately! The constellations, moon, tarot cards, I absolutely love that kind of stuff! And the colors are actually really nice too. As far as the eyes go, my two favorite breeds are Skydancers and Veilspuns, so I can't even see the eye color in most cases unfortunately. [quote name="LemonySnaket" date="2021-10-03 11:15:35" ] Honestly, just go for whatever eyes + background you like best! I’m ex-arcane and I have a tab in my lair for dragons that still live in the arcane flight, you don’t have to pick just one! Personally love fire + ice for the eyes + primals. Went to fire because of the banescales [/quote] The primals, however, are a good point. A [i]really[/i] good point! But then after looking at all of them again I find that I love even more of the eyes than I do the flights themselves! Which is a blessing and a curse haha, because now I have a lot of new ideas involving primal eyes [i][b]but now I have a lot of new ideas involving primal eyes[/b] [sub][sup]help[/sup][/sub][/i] [quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2021-10-03 11:06:21" ] I like plague, I like exploring its themes and I find much amusement in discussing the culture of plague and it’s slightly cursed nature. It’s fun to lean into. Lol Aesthetically it’s… much like our cuisine, an acquired taste. [/quote] Gonna say I don't think Plague is as much of an acquired taste on my part haha. I absolutely love the gore levels/dungeons in games, I guess because I really like things that are a bit unsettling? I've always been a pretty big fan of horror, and some of my favorites are things like Dead Space and Parasyte with the visuals that lean hard into twisting forms in unnatural ways and exposing said gore. I am sorry you seem to have been having trouble in other areas, though! [quote name="FreyaShadow" date="2021-10-03 11:30:48" ] The game supports whatever you want to do lorewise. I often see people complaining because they're stuck in a flight but love aesthetics of other flights... and I just don't understand why that's a problem ahah ^^ You can do anything you like, you're just limited by yourself and your imagination. [/quote] Honestly though the game makes a pretty clear point to say that each clan, and even each dragon breed, has different lore and traits and it's heavily reflected throughout the site. Not to mention when you explore the site the profiles and things that really pop are the ones that really lean into a specific flight, and there are a lot of them. I don't spend a lot of time in the community and some communities can be pretty critical about things, including things like the lore and how people use or ignore it. Given how strongly that lore looks to be represented here I thought there would be a chance of attracting unwanted attention if I just did my own thing with it, so hopefully that explains some of what you've seen. I'm really glad to say though that the response to this post has cleared all of that up for me rather quickly and I am pretty thrilled about it. [quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-10-03 11:47:19" ] I started in Ice flight and haven't switched, though I've been itching to take a vacation to either Light or Nature. I might try and see if I can get into the official Discords, but for now I'm pretty content staying in Ice until the Clan Profile update — truth be told, I'm not a fan of Ice's banner, and I'm hoping that revamped profile graphics are part of the revamp, so I'm thinking of making my final decision based off what happens there. I love Ice's community, especially those in the Discord server! Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, so it's easy to call it my home. Icewarden is also my favorite Deity in general, and part of that is flight-spirit but also I like his design the best out of everyone else's. He's so fluffy! [/quote] Oh? I seem to have missed this news about a profile update! Do you have any links to the info, perhaps? I'd really love to take a peek! The current ones feel pretty tough to work with haha That sounds lovely! I did try to get into the Light community when I was new, man that was intense. I ended up diving into the dominance portion of it, they had all of this stuff about how they were always the top and the spreadsheets, [i]oh the spreadsheets[/i]... I got just a tad majorly confused and overwhelmed and that was kinda that.
Wow! This thread really took off! And I'm loving even post, thank you all!

The tabs thing is kinda blowing my mind right now! I've been here for this long and that never crossed my mind, I've been wondering what the heck I was going to do with the tabs. I don't know how I didn't think of that!

Honestly I don't really think anything can beat the site banner for the Nature flight for me, but I have found myself really considering the Arcane flight lately! The constellations, moon, tarot cards, I absolutely love that kind of stuff! And the colors are actually really nice too.

As far as the eyes go, my two favorite breeds are Skydancers and Veilspuns, so I can't even see the eye color in most cases unfortunately.

LemonySnaket wrote on 2021-10-03 11:15:35:
Honestly, just go for whatever eyes + background you like best!
I’m ex-arcane and I have a tab in my lair for dragons that still live in the arcane flight, you don’t have to pick just one!

Personally love fire + ice for the eyes + primals. Went to fire because of the banescales
The primals, however, are a good point. A really good point! But then after looking at all of them again I find that I love even more of the eyes than I do the flights themselves! Which is a blessing and a curse haha, because now I have a lot of new ideas involving primal eyes but now I have a lot of new ideas involving primal eyes help

Halszkaraptor wrote on 2021-10-03 11:06:21:
I like plague, I like exploring its themes and I find much amusement in discussing the culture of plague and it’s slightly cursed nature. It’s fun to lean into. Lol Aesthetically it’s… much like our cuisine, an acquired taste.
Gonna say I don't think Plague is as much of an acquired taste on my part haha. I absolutely love the gore levels/dungeons in games, I guess because I really like things that are a bit unsettling? I've always been a pretty big fan of horror, and some of my favorites are things like Dead Space and Parasyte with the visuals that lean hard into twisting forms in unnatural ways and exposing said gore. I am sorry you seem to have been having trouble in other areas, though!

FreyaShadow wrote on 2021-10-03 11:30:48:
The game supports whatever you want to do lorewise.

I often see people complaining because they're stuck in a flight but love aesthetics of other flights... and I just don't understand why that's a problem ahah ^^ You can do anything you like, you're just limited by yourself and your imagination.
Honestly though the game makes a pretty clear point to say that each clan, and even each dragon breed, has different lore and traits and it's heavily reflected throughout the site. Not to mention when you explore the site the profiles and things that really pop are the ones that really lean into a specific flight, and there are a lot of them.

I don't spend a lot of time in the community and some communities can be pretty critical about things, including things like the lore and how people use or ignore it. Given how strongly that lore looks to be represented here I thought there would be a chance of attracting unwanted attention if I just did my own thing with it, so hopefully that explains some of what you've seen. I'm really glad to say though that the response to this post has cleared all of that up for me rather quickly and I am pretty thrilled about it.

Naeryl wrote on 2021-10-03 11:47:19:

Oh? I seem to have missed this news about a profile update! Do you have any links to the info, perhaps? I'd really love to take a peek! The current ones feel pretty tough to work with haha

That sounds lovely! I did try to get into the Light community when I was new, man that was intense. I ended up diving into the dominance portion of it, they had all of this stuff about how they were always the top and the spreadsheets, oh the spreadsheets... I got just a tad majorly confused and overwhelmed and that was kinda that.
i've wandered away from Light a few times but i always end up coming back. this is my 5th time switching to it? i joined it for the dom and community originally, and it ended up becoming my home. i've been to fire and water a handful of times and earth once. i started out in fire so that's why i wanted to see it again. water was a complete whim, but i fell in love with it when i was there so i even made part of my clan heavy on water lore and aesthetic! earth i only did it for bonuses, i never got attached to it whatsoever.

my advice is to satisfy that itch to see the flights you want, and take what you want from it! you can always return home and use a mix of what you experienced in each one.
i've wandered away from Light a few times but i always end up coming back. this is my 5th time switching to it? i joined it for the dom and community originally, and it ended up becoming my home. i've been to fire and water a handful of times and earth once. i started out in fire so that's why i wanted to see it again. water was a complete whim, but i fell in love with it when i was there so i even made part of my clan heavy on water lore and aesthetic! earth i only did it for bonuses, i never got attached to it whatsoever.

my advice is to satisfy that itch to see the flights you want, and take what you want from it! you can always return home and use a mix of what you experienced in each one.
yzUX307.png
I started in Shadow and I still love the themes and aesthetic there - but Plague was the other flight I considered when first joining, and I decided to make the switch. While I still miss some aspects of it, the Plague community has been really friendly and honestly the red eyes fit a lot of my pairs lol.
I started in Shadow and I still love the themes and aesthetic there - but Plague was the other flight I considered when first joining, and I decided to make the switch. While I still miss some aspects of it, the Plague community has been really friendly and honestly the red eyes fit a lot of my pairs lol.
I was originally in Fire for like, four years! Then I moved to Plague, which I really enjoyed for a while. I think I'll always be a plagueling at heart. I've been in Lightning for a while, and I think I'll still be here for a while due to breeding projects, but I'm also wondering where I should move next.
I was originally in Fire for like, four years! Then I moved to Plague, which I really enjoyed for a while. I think I'll always be a plagueling at heart. I've been in Lightning for a while, and I think I'll still be here for a while due to breeding projects, but I'm also wondering where I should move next.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
1 2