Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | +~Poetry Parlor: Poems for Dragons!~+
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@Cypr3ss (So sorry for the long wait! Been a bit tired as of late. [emoji=fae sleepy size=2] Almost took like 3 naps today!) [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/668649/66864840p.png[/img] "Ah, I believe I know of just the poets to call forth and handle both of these requests!" He proudly shifts his rose around as he coils up. "My prince Balthazar and Sir Verdis? Are you here?" [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/629565/62956426p.png[/img] "Why yes. I am delighted to write for an aspiring forgemaster." [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/668649/66864840p.png[/img] "Wonderful! And er, Verdis?" [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/625008/62500743p.png[/img] "He's away for now. Maybe I can help write.~" She slinks in behind Janvier and ruffles her red feathers. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/668649/66864840p.png[/img] Janvier looks mortified. "Oh, mother please no-!" He tugs his hat down to cover his face while waving his wing over her. "D-ju-wh-! Please, [b]please[/b] put something more decent on, you're embarrassing me.." [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/625008/62500743p.png[/img] "I'll write for the other request, in Verdis' stead.~" She hums and gently shakes Janvier's head by his horn. "Ohh, love-pie don't you worry.~ I'm not so terrible a poet you know.~ I may be a smidge better at it than I am at-" [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/668649/66864840p.png[/img] "Mother-! Mother mother mother!" He hastily interrupts and pushes her aside in sheer embarrassment. "Please! Erm, w-wait your turn. Ahh, you see, Prince Balthazar has the first request. Isn't that right majesty?!~" [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/629565/62956426p.png[/img] "Oh. Well, that much is true." He smiles kindly. "But if your mother wishes to show her skills first, I will happily step aside." [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/668649/66864840p.png[/img] "No." He groans in sheer bewildering defeat. "No no no no no..." [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/625008/62500743p.png[/img] "Well, it seems I've no choice.~ Thank you so kindly majesty.~ I very much plan to, show my skills.~" She brushes past and takes a sultry posed seat, brushing her smile with the quill. "Ohh, what are you so worried about Janvier?~ Don't you know I don't quit until I make the customer happy?~" [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/668649/66864840p.png[/img] He coils up into a knot and hides himself in his hat with a yelp of disapproval. "mmrmgmmmohouumm!" [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/625008/62500743p.png[/img] She sets to writing without another word and every so often stokes her puffy feathers aside and nods. She eyes the parchment with a cold but dreamy gaze, as if taking control of dictation. She then tosses her head back and shuts her eyes in thought, humming, before returning to the parchment. Once she is finished, she sets down the quill and smiles, patting her jaw with a claw and pushes forth the parchment, her poem written. "That was nice.~ Janvier, you really must see.~ No?" She chuckles with luscious amusement at his adamant coiled up, grouchiness. "Oh well.~ Too bad.~ Here you are.~ Thank you for stopping by my darling love-pie's parlor.~ Enjoy.~" [center][b][u]Every Rose[/u][/b] Every rose Has a gown, flowing, flowering, velvet color rich with life, and a shawl of gentle cowering, night pulls shut the soft petals. Every rose Has a stem, stretched tall or small, green firm and robust, a tight leg to linger upon, seated with sepal, a regal particular cushion. Every rose Has a scent, fresher, finer, sublime, alluring, sweet aroma travels, and beckons all to touch, to bend and kiss, take in and savor life's sweet caress. Every rose Has a color, so pale, so rich, so dark, love's dance runs with red, and sweet peach, flesh-soft and virgin white, so they may sway among green towers and the blue light above. Every rose Has thorns, protecting, collecting, perfecting a beauty, a gift of Eden, to be shared and repaired, to save from living so brief, or to inflict a penalty, for treading over petal and leaf, save for the rose itself entire, all live and grow, all multiply, and expire. [/center]
@Cypr3ss
(So sorry for the long wait! Been a bit tired as of late. Almost took like 3 naps today!)

66864840p.png "Ah, I believe I know of just the poets to call forth and handle both of these requests!" He proudly shifts his rose around as he coils up. "My prince Balthazar and Sir Verdis? Are you here?"

62956426p.png "Why yes. I am delighted to write for an aspiring forgemaster."

66864840p.png "Wonderful! And er, Verdis?"

62500743p.png "He's away for now. Maybe I can help write.~" She slinks in behind Janvier and ruffles her red feathers.

66864840p.png Janvier looks mortified. "Oh, mother please no-!" He tugs his hat down to cover his face while waving his wing over her. "D-ju-wh-! Please, please put something more decent on, you're embarrassing me.."

62500743p.png "I'll write for the other request, in Verdis' stead.~" She hums and gently shakes Janvier's head by his horn. "Ohh, love-pie don't you worry.~ I'm not so terrible a poet you know.~ I may be a smidge better at it than I am at-"

66864840p.png "Mother-! Mother mother mother!" He hastily interrupts and pushes her aside in sheer embarrassment. "Please! Erm, w-wait your turn. Ahh, you see, Prince Balthazar has the first request. Isn't that right majesty?!~"

62956426p.png "Oh. Well, that much is true." He smiles kindly. "But if your mother wishes to show her skills first, I will happily step aside."

66864840p.png "No." He groans in sheer bewildering defeat. "No no no no no..."

62500743p.png "Well, it seems I've no choice.~ Thank you so kindly majesty.~ I very much plan to, show my skills.~" She brushes past and takes a sultry posed seat, brushing her smile with the quill. "Ohh, what are you so worried about Janvier?~ Don't you know I don't quit until I make the customer happy?~"

66864840p.png He coils up into a knot and hides himself in his hat with a yelp of disapproval. "mmrmgmmmohouumm!"

62500743p.png She sets to writing without another word and every so often stokes her puffy feathers aside and nods. She eyes the parchment with a cold but dreamy gaze, as if taking control of dictation. She then tosses her head back and shuts her eyes in thought, humming, before returning to the parchment.

Once she is finished, she sets down the quill and smiles, patting her jaw with a claw and pushes forth the parchment, her poem written.
"That was nice.~ Janvier, you really must see.~ No?" She chuckles with luscious amusement at his adamant coiled up, grouchiness. "Oh well.~ Too bad.~ Here you are.~ Thank you for stopping by my darling love-pie's parlor.~ Enjoy.~"

Every Rose

Every rose
Has a gown, flowing,
flowering, velvet color
rich with life,
and a shawl of gentle
cowering, night pulls
shut the soft petals.

Every rose
Has a stem, stretched
tall or small, green
firm and robust,
a tight leg to linger upon,
seated with sepal, a
regal particular cushion.

Every rose
Has a scent, fresher,
finer, sublime, alluring,
sweet aroma travels,
and beckons all to touch, to
bend and kiss, take in and
savor life's sweet caress.

Every rose
Has a color, so pale,
so rich, so dark, love's
dance runs with red,
and sweet peach,
flesh-soft and virgin white,
so they may sway among
green towers and
the blue light above.

Every rose
Has thorns, protecting,
collecting, perfecting a
beauty, a gift of Eden,
to be shared and repaired,
to save from living so brief,
or to inflict a penalty,
for treading over petal and leaf,
save for the rose itself
entire,
all live and grow,
all multiply,
and expire.
+~She/Her Majesty/Her Highness~+
prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif Boop snootsarbok.gif Not boots prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif
@QueenNoodles oooooo thank you! And hope youre feeling ok! It's alright if you take a little longer, I pay no mind to it ^-^
@QueenNoodles oooooo thank you! And hope youre feeling ok! It's alright if you take a little longer, I pay no mind to it ^-^
v2PJF9u.pngAswnqzl.png6YousWl.png
OETsgJU.pngTNxnLAD.pngoK2VVlE.png
LRdLP2V.pngmlHpBMC.pngYMPbu9R.png
9e5d78ab-7e9d-11eb-b2fc-8f2100ed1651.gif lPi6f.giflYa5r.gifWAd66.gifzr0F2.gif
click me! :)
@Cypr3ss [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/668649/66864840p.png[/img] "Thank goodness." He sighs. "Mother is finished and away. Now you may write your piece majesty." [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/629565/62956426p.png[/img] "Ah, see? Your worries are over." He heartily chuckles and pats Janvier's shoulder. "I'll be glad to write a fitting piece for a fitting dragon." He then took a seat and took parchment and the quill with expertise. Upon scribing the poem, he slid his tail around and thumped it with his written words. Finally he set the quill down and softly took the parchment to hand over. "All finished! It was a pleasure to write once more!" [center][b][u]The Ring of Hammers[/u][/b] Golden blaze embraces golden red days filled with heat and toil and metallic boil though work is not spoiled. The hands which turn the claws which grip all rods and clasps in cold, searing dips, repairing the shield and the sword and the plates of light armor and ankle weights. The jaws that stay and grit tight in hope, that the masterpiece the project, intact, on the ropes a breath can escape from a throat so coated in hot air that no vast desert can compare. The clang, the ring, of the hammer swung, strikes shape the plate, guard and warrior sung the tone of battle and combat and deflection, such a sound to the mind of the crafter is an infection, so pure and so dainty though reminds still the crafter to keep the molds to refill. The hiss of heat, perished from the blade, the helmet, the gauntlet, the chains and the spade, and return to hand the renewed shine and the might of iron and steel proving valuable result, to add to boat and catapult. But the small works as well as those, like axes, swords, and crossbows, do not shine any more, than the gifts, of diamond ore platinum core, and become the precious things that draw the eyes of dragons that seek your heart's prize, yielding to none but the workshop coal to keep the fires burning like your soul. [/center]
@Cypr3ss

66864840p.png "Thank goodness." He sighs. "Mother is finished and away. Now you may write your piece majesty."

62956426p.png "Ah, see? Your worries are over." He heartily chuckles and pats Janvier's shoulder. "I'll be glad to write a fitting piece for a fitting dragon."
He then took a seat and took parchment and the quill with expertise. Upon scribing the poem, he slid his tail around and thumped it with his written words.

Finally he set the quill down and softly took the parchment to hand over. "All finished! It was a pleasure to write once more!"

The Ring of Hammers

Golden blaze
embraces
golden red days
filled with heat
and toil
and metallic boil
though work
is not spoiled.

The hands which turn
the claws which grip
all rods and clasps
in cold, searing dips,
repairing the shield
and the sword
and the plates
of light armor
and ankle weights.

The jaws that stay
and grit tight in hope,
that the masterpiece
the project, intact,
on the ropes
a breath can escape
from a throat so
coated in hot air
that no vast desert
can compare.

The clang, the ring,
of the hammer swung,
strikes shape the plate,
guard and warrior sung
the tone of battle and
combat and deflection,
such a sound to the mind
of the crafter is an infection,
so pure and so dainty
though reminds still
the crafter to keep
the molds to refill.

The hiss of heat,
perished from the blade,
the helmet, the gauntlet,
the chains and the spade,
and return to hand
the renewed shine
and the might of
iron and steel
proving valuable result,
to add to boat and catapult.

But the small works
as well as those, like
axes, swords,
and crossbows, do
not shine any more,
than the gifts,
of diamond ore
platinum core,
and become the
precious things
that draw the eyes
of dragons that seek
your heart's prize,
yielding to none
but the workshop coal
to keep the fires burning
like your soul.
prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif Boop snootsarbok.gif Not boots prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif
@Cypr3ss
(^-^ I'm fine for now, thanks for the concern tho. I have been writing a bunch so I have been resting a bunch too. =u=
Hope you enjoy! :D)
@Cypr3ss
(^-^ I'm fine for now, thanks for the concern tho. I have been writing a bunch so I have been resting a bunch too. =u=
Hope you enjoy! :D)
@QueenNoodles Check your PMs, I commissioned a little something special for you :P
@QueenNoodles Check your PMs, I commissioned a little something special for you :P
l8yXjZi.png
@QueenNoodles | *lays on your floor* Hello again~! I was previously Generation; I commissioned you for Minjun & a few other characters a few months ago. I loved what you came up for them, so I am back --

Are you still open and accepting commissions?
@QueenNoodles | *lays on your floor* Hello again~! I was previously Generation; I commissioned you for Minjun & a few other characters a few months ago. I loved what you came up for them, so I am back --

Are you still open and accepting commissions?
i've known you for forever and a day . . .
@Cowardice
AaaAA! Hi! <8'] I remember you! Sorry for getting back to you so late!
I am open yes, though it has been some time since I've been really active on FR. <x')
Life n' stuff, y'know?

:D If you have a commission for me I'd love to write something.
@Cowardice
AaaAA! Hi! <8'] I remember you! Sorry for getting back to you so late!
I am open yes, though it has been some time since I've been really active on FR. <x')
Life n' stuff, y'know?

:D If you have a commission for me I'd love to write something.
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66864840][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/668649/66864840_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][u][b][SIZE="5"]~A Notice about the Poets~[/SIZE][/b][/u][/center] [i]Greetings one and er, all. I'm afraid I must inform you all that though the parlor will still be open for the time being, the poets themselves will no longer be available for your convenience and mine. (No it has nothing of the sort to do with Crossbones stealing some of the materials and parchments, though I would gladly place blame entirely on him.) Unfortunately, much business has been afoot as of late for many of us, and we simply cannot contend with the precocious pandemonium of primarily present preoccupations. So, for now, we shall bid adieu the poets for this parlor. I cannot express more delight and pride in each and every one of them. (Well...almost all of them. And I'm thankful mother didn't find her way in here again...) Amenably, I will be writing in their stead. And I assure you I am up to the task. Poetry is my passion after all.~ I'll not see this parlor fold in the absence of the summer sun, and wither away. I graciously thank you for visiting all the same! Now if you'll excuse me, there is some work to be done.[/i] [center][emoji=left wing size=1][emoji=candle size=1][emoji=fire rune size=1][img]https://bestanimations.com/Books/Guestbooks/quill-sign-guestbook-animation-4.gif[/img][emoji=fire rune size=1][emoji=candle size=1][emoji=right wing size=1][/center]
66864840_350.png
~A Notice about the Poets~

Greetings one and er, all. I'm afraid I must inform you all that though the parlor will still be open for the time being, the poets themselves will no longer be available for your convenience and mine. (No it has nothing of the sort to do with Crossbones stealing some of the materials and parchments, though I would gladly place blame entirely on him.)

Unfortunately, much business has been afoot as of late for many of us, and we simply cannot contend with the precocious pandemonium of primarily present preoccupations. So, for now, we shall bid adieu the poets for this parlor. I cannot express more delight and pride in each and every one of them. (Well...almost all of them. And I'm thankful mother didn't find her way in here again...) Amenably, I will be writing in their stead. And I assure you I am up to the task. Poetry is my passion after all.~

I'll not see this parlor fold in the absence of the summer sun, and wither away. I graciously thank you for visiting all the same! Now if you'll excuse me, there is some work to be done.

quill-sign-guestbook-animation-4.gif
@QueenNoodles If this is still open, I would love it if you could write a long poem for my boy Otansjia here! I can pay in gems if that's alright. (I can currently pay with up to 50 gems.) He has some lore and story in his bio if you want to check it out, but basically: he used to be a normal dragon from a parallel realm who died in the midst of a war against a mad lord while retrieving a relic that could potentially have stopped the mad lord. He was then revived a couple days later by the same relic he retrieved and then defeated the lord that had killed him. Now he resides at the crossroads, or more aptly put, the place where all roads from all realms meet, preforming for weary travellers and giving them a place to rest before sending them on their way. I like to imagine this poem will be requested by one of the few creatures that still know of his origins. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71648627][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/716487/71648627_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
@QueenNoodles
If this is still open, I would love it if you could write a long poem for my boy Otansjia here! I can pay in gems if that's alright. (I can currently pay with up to 50 gems.)

He has some lore and story in his bio if you want to check it out, but basically: he used to be a normal dragon from a parallel realm who died in the midst of a war against a mad lord while retrieving a relic that could potentially have stopped the mad lord. He was then revived a couple days later by the same relic he retrieved and then defeated the lord that had killed him.

Now he resides at the crossroads, or more aptly put, the place where all roads from all realms meet, preforming for weary travellers and giving them a place to rest before sending them on their way. I like to imagine this poem will be requested by one of the few creatures that still know of his origins.
71648627_350.png
G2T4rWb.png
@Mistyfoot
@Cowardice
@NovaAurora

(Apologies for getting back so late. It's been a rough month and I haven't been writing at all. But I won't forget each of these requests. I'll likely finish the final poems today and take a leave of absence from the shop for a while. Won't be closed forever, but it will be closed after these last requests. There is much I will be needing to focus on, including my own health and wellbeing, so I might be away for a while. Still, feel free to visit my lair if you'd like. I'll be a bit inactive, but still log in from time to time. <3

I thank you all for being so patient. I will still accept payment, and I appreciate your return visits! Thank you so much!

First up is Midnight's poem.)
@Mistyfoot
@Cowardice
@NovaAurora

(Apologies for getting back so late. It's been a rough month and I haven't been writing at all. But I won't forget each of these requests. I'll likely finish the final poems today and take a leave of absence from the shop for a while. Won't be closed forever, but it will be closed after these last requests. There is much I will be needing to focus on, including my own health and wellbeing, so I might be away for a while. Still, feel free to visit my lair if you'd like. I'll be a bit inactive, but still log in from time to time. <3

I thank you all for being so patient. I will still accept payment, and I appreciate your return visits! Thank you so much!

First up is Midnight's poem.)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11