Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I appreciate the warhorses
The new warhorse familiars. I appreciate them. I was a volunteer squire at a renaissance festival joust for three years and that meant getting up close to "real" armored warhorses before, during, and after the joust (which was full-contact jousting and not theatrical jousting, meaning anytime the knights got knocked off a horse or a lance broke, it was 100% genuine and not scripted or staged). I miss the joust and Warrior's Way brings back pleasant memories of it. I headcanon that beastclans and maybe smaller dragons joust on horseback, so the warhorses are perfect additions to the site for me.

I also headcanon Warrior's Way as being like a renaissance festival, where dragons can get a taste of truly, purely medieval society instead of involving more recent advancements (since FR's technology is supposed to be how ours was in the 1920s iirc).
The new warhorse familiars. I appreciate them. I was a volunteer squire at a renaissance festival joust for three years and that meant getting up close to "real" armored warhorses before, during, and after the joust (which was full-contact jousting and not theatrical jousting, meaning anytime the knights got knocked off a horse or a lance broke, it was 100% genuine and not scripted or staged). I miss the joust and Warrior's Way brings back pleasant memories of it. I headcanon that beastclans and maybe smaller dragons joust on horseback, so the warhorses are perfect additions to the site for me.

I also headcanon Warrior's Way as being like a renaissance festival, where dragons can get a taste of truly, purely medieval society instead of involving more recent advancements (since FR's technology is supposed to be how ours was in the 1920s iirc).
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
That's a really cool anecdote, thanks for sharing! I also think the warhorse familiars are great. It's nice to have some awesome looking non-unicorn horses for a change.
That's a really cool anecdote, thanks for sharing! I also think the warhorse familiars are great. It's nice to have some awesome looking non-unicorn horses for a change.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/mVXPF4u.png[/img] I like them quite a lot.
mVXPF4u.png

I like them quite a lot.
Bone Friend needed.
Dragons for Sale!
Glimmer and Gloom Very Hard: Memorize it!
I like em too.

But man, your experience is awesome.
Got any pics (while staying anonymous) of those armored horses?
I like em too.

But man, your experience is awesome.
Got any pics (while staying anonymous) of those armored horses?
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
I love the warhorses. They are perfect and beautiful. Their armour is so interesting in look, and I love the way they have plumes that match their feathers :)
I love the warhorses. They are perfect and beautiful. Their armour is so interesting in look, and I love the way they have plumes that match their feathers :)
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
I hope the honses are having a good night tbh ;-; They're gorgeously colored and patterened, and their feathery feet spark joy. All of the familiars are pretty cool, but the war horses are among my faves.
I hope the honses are having a good night tbh ;-; They're gorgeously colored and patterened, and their feathery feet spark joy. All of the familiars are pretty cool, but the war horses are among my faves.
A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

I never did jousting but I do miss the med/ren fairs :( The whole description of tent camps in the pamphlet was a warm and fuzzy feeling
I never did jousting but I do miss the med/ren fairs :( The whole description of tent camps in the pamphlet was a warm and fuzzy feeling
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
Honestly horse armour in general is hard to go wrong with, and might i add i’m glad to see that these fams are finally getting the love and callout they deserve!
Honestly horse armour in general is hard to go wrong with, and might i add i’m glad to see that these fams are finally getting the love and callout they deserve!
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
Also a huge fan, real war horses are so fricken cool!
Also a huge fan, real war horses are so fricken cool!
hu72dVR.png
Kessu * she/her * grey ace