Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Brightshine] Cooking with Light Flight
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@SugarRush Whoops, forgot to ping you... welp, probably no point at this point, but just in case.

Hey there! I have just finished creating and then consuming some absolutely delicious honey cookies, and here's the write up, complete with copious photos!

c9wBRB5l.jpg

First off, here are the ingredients I started off with! Though I ended up switching the olive oil out for a different kind that wasn't garlic-infused (thanks for reminding me, mum!) and I while I was going to substitute the brandy with whiskey, I ended up forgetting. :( Whoops!

kcUkKL8l.jpg

Here we go with the orange zest, first off! I think I went too much into the rind here, but it didn't affect the taste at all, so it was all right in the end!

jM8a1mFl.jpg

Add the sugar and you end up with this intriguing sight!

WHD3uatl.jpg

But then once you add the oil, it instantly goes liquidy again.

jLExOYdl.jpg

Then came the orange juice, but first I had to get the juice out of the orange! I'd like to say that I deliberately chose to do it this way for some kind of ideological or taste reason, but honestly, my mum just got a bunch of oranges instead of orange juice, heh. Even though we hadn't actually tried to juice oranges in, wow, by the looks of that juicer, over a decade? The juicer didn't even work - we just squashed the oranges onto it... But, anyway!

0mXFAgAl.jpg

Adding the orange juice! (Combined with fancy one-handed shooting!)

yG0Bkwll.jpg

Then some even fancier one-handed shooting, complete with resulting blurriness!

t6WZc1Tl.jpg

Then it's time to add the sifted flour! And this picture here's rather special because it was immediately after this photo that I fumbled and my phone chose to do an acrobatic damn pirouette out of my hands and directly into the flour. I didn't take a photo of that due to a combination of the panic I was in moments after and the inherent logistical difficulties of taking a photo of something with the thing itself, but at least be comforted that it all turned out okay!

wQuvZuQl.jpg

When I first started adding in the flour, I was a little worried that it seemed too liquidy...

KrvGJhil.jpg

...but before long it started to get thicker and thicker, and then...

u31piP6l.jpg

...I actually ended up putting in a little water, because it was so thick! A dense dough - yep, let's check that off...!

SqindhAl.jpg

So here we are with the first little batch of uncooked cookies! (Pro tip: if tasting the dough sounds like a bad idea because it's basically 50% oil, you are indeed right. It is a bad idea. Speaking theoretically, of course. I naturally wouldn't try something like that out despite being aware that it would be a bad idea...)

VDRIUW3l.jpg

And the second batch, complete with cross-hatching! (Though, they probably could have been deeper... For next time!)

eaM5Gb4l.jpg

The cookies now in the oven, we start with our syrup! Have some delicious, delicious honey!

QxmoFYPl.jpg

Everything together!

9BcYV3xl.jpg

And before long, it's nicely cooked as well! And while tasting the syrup is a better idea that (theoretically!!) tasting the cookie dough, be careful about that as well. It's not bad - in fact, it smells amazing - but it is very, very sweet.

0UT99R5l.jpg

Pour it into a bowl for easy dipping, aaaaand...

IrXRHEel.jpg

Voila, here we have them - completed honey cookies! (And my ID number down there as well, of course... though, I only just noticed I misread my ID when I went to write it down - I'm actually 63889, not 63899... :( But... it's close! Hopefully that proof is still good enough, ahah...oh well.)

But either way, just one picture doesn't seem like quite enough, so let's see some more!

qm4Ixiyl.jpg
R8KduVIl.jpg
NGT2G5El.jpg
I2Uc6K5l.jpg

And now it's time to relax and have a nice cup of tea...

0FWMQdDl.jpg
o1gLkk4l.jpg

Delicious!

And they really were! The cookies are kinda crumbly and a little bland on their own, but the syrup is really really sweet on its own, and when you put them together it comes out really nice! The cookies don't end up too soggy, either - just nicely moist! Though it helps that they were still warm when we ate them - I only left them for about five minutes, and still in the oven at that, before I started dipping them.

But most of all were the incredible spices. Apparently the dish is a traditional Christmas dessert, and you can really taste that in the cinnamon and cloves. I especially enjoyed it since, sadly, those Christmassy spices aren't common all together in Australia, and the weather outside lately has made the prospect of something warm and Christmassy very nice! It's not quite Christmas in July yet, but close enough for me!

So yeah, I'm really glad I got to make them - I'll definitely be doing them again sometime - and I'd highly recommend that others do so, too!
@SugarRush Whoops, forgot to ping you... welp, probably no point at this point, but just in case.

Hey there! I have just finished creating and then consuming some absolutely delicious honey cookies, and here's the write up, complete with copious photos!

c9wBRB5l.jpg

First off, here are the ingredients I started off with! Though I ended up switching the olive oil out for a different kind that wasn't garlic-infused (thanks for reminding me, mum!) and I while I was going to substitute the brandy with whiskey, I ended up forgetting. :( Whoops!

kcUkKL8l.jpg

Here we go with the orange zest, first off! I think I went too much into the rind here, but it didn't affect the taste at all, so it was all right in the end!

jM8a1mFl.jpg

Add the sugar and you end up with this intriguing sight!

WHD3uatl.jpg

But then once you add the oil, it instantly goes liquidy again.

jLExOYdl.jpg

Then came the orange juice, but first I had to get the juice out of the orange! I'd like to say that I deliberately chose to do it this way for some kind of ideological or taste reason, but honestly, my mum just got a bunch of oranges instead of orange juice, heh. Even though we hadn't actually tried to juice oranges in, wow, by the looks of that juicer, over a decade? The juicer didn't even work - we just squashed the oranges onto it... But, anyway!

0mXFAgAl.jpg

Adding the orange juice! (Combined with fancy one-handed shooting!)

yG0Bkwll.jpg

Then some even fancier one-handed shooting, complete with resulting blurriness!

t6WZc1Tl.jpg

Then it's time to add the sifted flour! And this picture here's rather special because it was immediately after this photo that I fumbled and my phone chose to do an acrobatic damn pirouette out of my hands and directly into the flour. I didn't take a photo of that due to a combination of the panic I was in moments after and the inherent logistical difficulties of taking a photo of something with the thing itself, but at least be comforted that it all turned out okay!

wQuvZuQl.jpg

When I first started adding in the flour, I was a little worried that it seemed too liquidy...

KrvGJhil.jpg

...but before long it started to get thicker and thicker, and then...

u31piP6l.jpg

...I actually ended up putting in a little water, because it was so thick! A dense dough - yep, let's check that off...!

SqindhAl.jpg

So here we are with the first little batch of uncooked cookies! (Pro tip: if tasting the dough sounds like a bad idea because it's basically 50% oil, you are indeed right. It is a bad idea. Speaking theoretically, of course. I naturally wouldn't try something like that out despite being aware that it would be a bad idea...)

VDRIUW3l.jpg

And the second batch, complete with cross-hatching! (Though, they probably could have been deeper... For next time!)

eaM5Gb4l.jpg

The cookies now in the oven, we start with our syrup! Have some delicious, delicious honey!

QxmoFYPl.jpg

Everything together!

9BcYV3xl.jpg

And before long, it's nicely cooked as well! And while tasting the syrup is a better idea that (theoretically!!) tasting the cookie dough, be careful about that as well. It's not bad - in fact, it smells amazing - but it is very, very sweet.

0UT99R5l.jpg

Pour it into a bowl for easy dipping, aaaaand...

IrXRHEel.jpg

Voila, here we have them - completed honey cookies! (And my ID number down there as well, of course... though, I only just noticed I misread my ID when I went to write it down - I'm actually 63889, not 63899... :( But... it's close! Hopefully that proof is still good enough, ahah...oh well.)

But either way, just one picture doesn't seem like quite enough, so let's see some more!

qm4Ixiyl.jpg
R8KduVIl.jpg
NGT2G5El.jpg
I2Uc6K5l.jpg

And now it's time to relax and have a nice cup of tea...

0FWMQdDl.jpg
o1gLkk4l.jpg

Delicious!

And they really were! The cookies are kinda crumbly and a little bland on their own, but the syrup is really really sweet on its own, and when you put them together it comes out really nice! The cookies don't end up too soggy, either - just nicely moist! Though it helps that they were still warm when we ate them - I only left them for about five minutes, and still in the oven at that, before I started dipping them.

But most of all were the incredible spices. Apparently the dish is a traditional Christmas dessert, and you can really taste that in the cinnamon and cloves. I especially enjoyed it since, sadly, those Christmassy spices aren't common all together in Australia, and the weather outside lately has made the prospect of something warm and Christmassy very nice! It's not quite Christmas in July yet, but close enough for me!

So yeah, I'm really glad I got to make them - I'll definitely be doing them again sometime - and I'd highly recommend that others do so, too!
@SugarRush
I'm here and accounted for ;), sorry for the wait

@Milliface
I just did as the recipe said. The flour mixture that I left them in overnight came out like a breading so I just left it on, stuck it in the oven, and they came out looking like that.

As for the soup, followed the recipe fairly carefully. I think I added the egg-lemon sauce much too early, and had to leave it on the stove longer than I wanted to let the potatoes cook. (And yes, the meatballs are just incredibly dense. I attribute this to screwing up the ratios a little bit, as well as the finely chopped onions, as in "I sure did a fine job chopping these onions too thick")
@SugarRush
I'm here and accounted for ;), sorry for the wait

@Milliface
I just did as the recipe said. The flour mixture that I left them in overnight came out like a breading so I just left it on, stuck it in the oven, and they came out looking like that.

As for the soup, followed the recipe fairly carefully. I think I added the egg-lemon sauce much too early, and had to leave it on the stove longer than I wanted to let the potatoes cook. (And yes, the meatballs are just incredibly dense. I attribute this to screwing up the ratios a little bit, as well as the finely chopped onions, as in "I sure did a fine job chopping these onions too thick")
~~
@Peryton

LAST MINUTE~ I'd like to enter the youvarlakia, jellyfish and eggs, and melomakarona, please. :)

(and hopefully not die terribly between this and the writing contest, whoops)
@Peryton

LAST MINUTE~ I'd like to enter the youvarlakia, jellyfish and eggs, and melomakarona, please. :)

(and hopefully not die terribly between this and the writing contest, whoops)
glxY4Ve.gif
[b]Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta[/b] [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant01.jpg[/img] The Glorious spread of ingredients. I made a few ingredient substitutions right from the beginning (and then a few adjustments came up during cooking. More on that below). I switched out the onions for an approximate equal amount of leeks, because I have an irrational hatred of eating onions. Also used approx. 1 tsp. honey instead of sugar, and used coconut oil to fry the eggplant instead of olive oil (still used olive oil for frying the leeks). And check out those graffiti eggplants! I also used garlic bulbs that my mum grew last year in her garden =) [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant02.jpg[/img] Cut off the tops of the leeks to discard, then chopped the rest into rounds. [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant03.jpg[/img] The leeks obviously won't go translucent the same way as an onion, so I just sortof added the minced garlic when the leeks started to go soft. Also, my wooded pan/pot scraper is awesome for stirring fried things. [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant04.jpg[/img] Halfway through cutting the tomatoes, it started looking like I would have waaay too many (I compared with a 15oz can from my cupboard). I started wondering if the recipe actually called for Roma tomatoes (which tend to be smaller than the tomatoes I bought), so I only used 2 tomatoes. [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant05.jpg[/img] Chopping parsley and measuring spices was nothing special, so I skipped to the part where I stirred in the honey. [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant06.jpg[/img] Chopping up my eggplants. I ended up only using the 3 small ones, because the big one was kindof funny and spongy inside when I chopped it up (it has been frozen until I decide how to eat it). Chopped on a bit of a diagonal, because I think that's what "slight" meant in the instructions? It seemed like a good idea anyways. [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant07.jpg[/img] Coconut oil is kindof like butter: stored as a soft solid and melts with more heat. I only added enough to coat the bottom of the pan when frying the first side of the eggplant slices, and then added half of that amount when frying the second side. [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant08.jpg[/img] My heating element was acting up and stopped working at one point, but I switched to a second one and eventually got them all golden brown like this. Only half fit on the frying pan at a time. [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant09.jpg[/img] They look so delicious, even though half are stone cold at this point because I did everything much slower than usual just to get pictures taken (and because of the stove malfunctions). I had about 2 slices worth of the tomato spread left over, so the proportions worked out alright with the changes that I made. [img]http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/chytzow/PICTURES%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20STUFF/Eggplant10.jpg[/img] So delicious that I added a heart made of feta. Definitely adding this one to my recipe notebook! (Note: I'm not planning on making the Honey Fritters anymore. I didn't really read the instructions before, and it seems like a lot of effort considering that I don't like crispy fried things all that much)
Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta

Eggplant01.jpg
The Glorious spread of ingredients. I made a few ingredient substitutions right from the beginning (and then a few adjustments came up during cooking. More on that below). I switched out the onions for an approximate equal amount of leeks, because I have an irrational hatred of eating onions. Also used approx. 1 tsp. honey instead of sugar, and used coconut oil to fry the eggplant instead of olive oil (still used olive oil for frying the leeks). And check out those graffiti eggplants! I also used garlic bulbs that my mum grew last year in her garden =)

Eggplant02.jpg
Cut off the tops of the leeks to discard, then chopped the rest into rounds.

Eggplant03.jpg
The leeks obviously won't go translucent the same way as an onion, so I just sortof added the minced garlic when the leeks started to go soft. Also, my wooded pan/pot scraper is awesome for stirring fried things.

Eggplant04.jpg
Halfway through cutting the tomatoes, it started looking like I would have waaay too many (I compared with a 15oz can from my cupboard). I started wondering if the recipe actually called for Roma tomatoes (which tend to be smaller than the tomatoes I bought), so I only used 2 tomatoes.

Eggplant05.jpg
Chopping parsley and measuring spices was nothing special, so I skipped to the part where I stirred in the honey.

Eggplant06.jpg
Chopping up my eggplants. I ended up only using the 3 small ones, because the big one was kindof funny and spongy inside when I chopped it up (it has been frozen until I decide how to eat it). Chopped on a bit of a diagonal, because I think that's what "slight" meant in the instructions? It seemed like a good idea anyways.

Eggplant07.jpg
Coconut oil is kindof like butter: stored as a soft solid and melts with more heat. I only added enough to coat the bottom of the pan when frying the first side of the eggplant slices, and then added half of that amount when frying the second side.

Eggplant08.jpg
My heating element was acting up and stopped working at one point, but I switched to a second one and eventually got them all golden brown like this. Only half fit on the frying pan at a time.

Eggplant09.jpg
They look so delicious, even though half are stone cold at this point because I did everything much slower than usual just to get pictures taken (and because of the stove malfunctions). I had about 2 slices worth of the tomato spread left over, so the proportions worked out alright with the changes that I made.

Eggplant10.jpg
So delicious that I added a heart made of feta. Definitely adding this one to my recipe notebook!

(Note: I'm not planning on making the Honey Fritters anymore. I didn't really read the instructions before, and it seems like a lot of effort considering that I don't like crispy fried things all that much)
qIcJ82H.pngEmI9Jgd.png2ZYu6OU.png0mjfpw6.pngPXqYGyl.png
By-feel baking? It's a disaster in the making! I'm a poet and I didn't know it. Honestly, this was so much trouble I kept thinking I shoulda made deviled eggs. I make MEAN deviled eggs. XD Anyway... Here's a recipe for... [center][size=4][u][b]Orange-cream Tart Thingie.[/b][/u][/size][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/TccN3Of.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Special equipment[/b][/center] *A tart pan *A handheld mixer (can be done with a whisk, but by god do I not recommend it, your arm will fall off) [center][b]For the dough[/b][/center] *About 7-8 tablespoons butter (no salt) *3 tablespoons sugar *A pinch of salt *A whole lot of flour Put the butter, sugar and salt in a bowl. Stick that mixer in there and whirl at the highest setting until it's evenly incorporated. Then, add flour spoonful by spoonful until you get a dough of a nice consistency. Smear a fine layer of oil all over the inside of the tart pan, followed by a dusting of flour. This'll keep the pastry from sticking. Spread the dough out evenly inside the pan. Keep in mind the dough will rise a little bit while being baked. Let the dough rest for a while (15-30 minutes). In the meantime, preheat the oven to 225 Celsius, with a baking rack in the middle. Once the dough's rested, stick it with a fork some and shove it in the oven. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/AM69FNj.png[/img][/center] The baking will take anywhere from 25 to 40 minutes. Basically, just judge by color. You're looking for a nice goldenish - brown (mine's JUST a bit over, don't use it as reference of color). Once finished, let the crust cool completely before filling. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/9DAhCup.png[/img][/center] [center][b]The filling[/b][/center] *2-2.5 cups milk *Half a vanilla bean (I imagine you can use some kind of extract, too) *4-5 tablespoons sugar *2 10-gram bags of vanilla sugar *4 egg yolks *3 tablespoons of a starch-based thickener *1-2 tablespoons flour *About a third of a butter stick (2-3 tablespoons) - again, no salt *A fresh orange or orange juice *Lemon juice *A pinch of salt Put the milk in a heatproof high pan. Take the vanilla bean, slice it in half, and scrape the tiny seeds inside off. Put both seeds and sliced-open pod into the milk and place it on a medium flame. Meanwhile, mix the sugar and the yolks (discard the whites) in a big bowl and stick the mixer in there until it's incorporated. Slowly add the thickener, flour and vanilla sugar until it's incorporated. Remove the milk from the flame when it's just about to boil. Pouring through a fine-mesh strainer, add the now vanilla'd-up milk to the above mixture. Pour the mix back into the pan and put it on medium heat. Stir the mixture CONSTANTLY as it cooks, scraping the bottom, else it'll clump bad (a little clumping is okay). As soon as it's thick enough for your stirring implement to be leaving a clear path in the mixture, remove from heat. Keep stirring. [img]http://i.imgur.com/6hccsm8.png[/img] Return the mix to your table and - yep, mixer time again - jab the mixer in and whir at it until it's very fine and creamy. Add the butter and keep mixing until it's incorporated. Squeeze the orange for all the juice it's got, mix it with the lemon juice, and dump it in the mixture. The more juice, the more it'll taste like orange, so if you want to use a second orange, by all means. Make sure not to put enough in to make the mixture too liquid, though. Grab a sheet of plastic wrap and stick it directly on the surface of the mixture. This'll prevent it from getting a crust, cause you're about to stick it in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Good? Okay. Stick it in the fridge and go do something else for 2-3 hours. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/FwO43SO.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Finish line[/b][/center] *Fruits of choice - strawberries work real good for this! Get your filling from the fridge and use a spoon to evenly spread it inside the crust. Grab your fruit of choice and decorate the tart thinger liberally. Let your artistic side shine! Serve and nom fresh - it doesn't keep well. If your portion is too damn big, like mine, because your tart pan is lolhuge, cry and stick it in the fridge. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/df65o8o.png[/img][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/9MbSLYC.png[/img][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/UlNI7ZX.png[/img][/center]
By-feel baking? It's a disaster in the making!

I'm a poet and I didn't know it.

Honestly, this was so much trouble I kept thinking I shoulda made deviled eggs. I make MEAN deviled eggs. XD

Anyway...

Here's a recipe for...

Orange-cream Tart Thingie.

TccN3Of.png

Special equipment
*A tart pan
*A handheld mixer (can be done with a whisk, but by god do I not recommend it, your arm will fall off)

For the dough
*About 7-8 tablespoons butter (no salt)
*3 tablespoons sugar
*A pinch of salt
*A whole lot of flour

Put the butter, sugar and salt in a bowl. Stick that mixer in there and whirl at the highest setting until it's evenly incorporated. Then, add flour spoonful by spoonful until you get a dough of a nice consistency.

Smear a fine layer of oil all over the inside of the tart pan, followed by a dusting of flour. This'll keep the pastry from sticking.

Spread the dough out evenly inside the pan. Keep in mind the dough will rise a little bit while being baked.

Let the dough rest for a while (15-30 minutes). In the meantime, preheat the oven to 225 Celsius, with a baking rack in the middle. Once the dough's rested, stick it with a fork some and shove it in the oven.
AM69FNj.png

The baking will take anywhere from 25 to 40 minutes. Basically, just judge by color. You're looking for a nice goldenish - brown (mine's JUST a bit over, don't use it as reference of color).

Once finished, let the crust cool completely before filling.
9DAhCup.png

The filling
*2-2.5 cups milk
*Half a vanilla bean (I imagine you can use some kind of extract, too)
*4-5 tablespoons sugar
*2 10-gram bags of vanilla sugar
*4 egg yolks
*3 tablespoons of a starch-based thickener
*1-2 tablespoons flour
*About a third of a butter stick (2-3 tablespoons) - again, no salt
*A fresh orange or orange juice
*Lemon juice
*A pinch of salt

Put the milk in a heatproof high pan. Take the vanilla bean, slice it in half, and scrape the tiny seeds inside off. Put both seeds and sliced-open pod into the milk and place it on a medium flame.

Meanwhile, mix the sugar and the yolks (discard the whites) in a big bowl and stick the mixer in there until it's incorporated. Slowly add the thickener, flour and vanilla sugar until it's incorporated.

Remove the milk from the flame when it's just about to boil. Pouring through a fine-mesh strainer, add the now vanilla'd-up milk to the above mixture.

Pour the mix back into the pan and put it on medium heat. Stir the mixture CONSTANTLY as it cooks, scraping the bottom, else it'll clump bad (a little clumping is okay). As soon as it's thick enough for your stirring implement to be leaving a clear path in the mixture, remove from heat. Keep stirring.

6hccsm8.png

Return the mix to your table and - yep, mixer time again - jab the mixer in and whir at it until it's very fine and creamy. Add the butter and keep mixing until it's incorporated.

Squeeze the orange for all the juice it's got, mix it with the lemon juice, and dump it in the mixture. The more juice, the more it'll taste like orange, so if you want to use a second orange, by all means. Make sure not to put enough in to make the mixture too liquid, though.

Grab a sheet of plastic wrap and stick it directly on the surface of the mixture. This'll prevent it from getting a crust, cause you're about to stick it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.

Good? Okay. Stick it in the fridge and go do something else for 2-3 hours.
FwO43SO.png

Finish line

*Fruits of choice - strawberries work real good for this!

Get your filling from the fridge and use a spoon to evenly spread it inside the crust.

Grab your fruit of choice and decorate the tart thinger liberally. Let your artistic side shine!

Serve and nom fresh - it doesn't keep well. If your portion is too damn big, like mine, because your tart pan is lolhuge, cry and stick it in the fridge.
df65o8o.png
9MbSLYC.png
UlNI7ZX.png
DQ9DP8W.png
I completely forgot about this and it turns out I'm fresh out of eggs, so please remove me from the listings. Apologies ^^; (Doesn't look like I'd win anyways, lots of goodies here.)
I completely forgot about this and it turns out I'm fresh out of eggs, so please remove me from the listings. Apologies ^^; (Doesn't look like I'd win anyways, lots of goodies here.)
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
[sub]@Peryton Whoops I don't have a nice tutorial but I do have the finished product!! Here's Youvarlakia~ [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrQowJzIMAAKZJi.jpg[/img]
@Peryton
Whoops I don't have a nice tutorial but I do have the finished product!!

Here's Youvarlakia~

BrQowJzIMAAKZJi.jpg
[center] [b]~ Glowing Green Smoothie ~[/b] [i]original recipe[/i][/center] This smoothie is simple, it's sweet, and it's something I find myself making again and again whenever I need a little pick-me-up... like after a long day of coli grinding, for example. Not only is this drink deliciously [i]light[/i] and refreshing, it's full of nutritious ingredients, so it will make you [i]glow[/i] from the inside out! [center][i]ingredients for one serving [/i] 1 ripe banana ~ 1 cup almond milk, or milk of your choice large handful baby spinach leaves 1 tsp matcha (green tea) powder, or to taste splash vanilla extract optional 1-2 dates, or 1 tsp honey ice cubes[/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/kU2PbRg.jpg[/img][/center] If you've never had a green smoothie before, don't worry. I know the colour can be intimidating at first, but it doesn't taste like vegetables, I promise! This recipe is perfect for green smoothie beginners because the spinach is completely disguised by the banana, and the result is sweet, creamy and delicious. If you're really unsure, you can reduce the amount of spinach to as little as you feel comfortable with. A handful of strawberries would be a yummy substitution if you'd prefer to leave the spinach out altogether, but then of course you'll have a pink smoothie instead of green. One nice thing about this recipe is there's very little prep required. You might want to wash your spinach before you begin, but otherwise, just gather your ingredients and you're good to go! [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/zpStNCO.jpg[/img][/center] Here's everything you'll need. Simple, right? If you don't have access to matcha powder, or if you simply don't like it, feel free to leave it out. Your smoothie will still be delicious! I like adding it, because it makes my smoothie taste like my favourite fancy drink, a green tea latte. The almond milk I used was already sweetened. If your milk isn't sweetened, or if you want extra sweetness, you can add a couple of dates or a spoonful of honey. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/KMO01vA.jpg[/img][/center] I made this in my mini blender cup, which is really convenient for making a single serving. Of course, you can use a large blender, too! Put everything in there except the ice cubes, for now. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Na5k4JN.jpg[/img][/center] Blend for a minute or so... and voila! Green goodness. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z4rFi75.jpg[/img][/center] Taste, and make sure it's to your liking. Now I like to add a few ice cubes and blend a second time. This makes it extra smooth and icy cold. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/J4LsD37.jpg[/img][/center] Serve it in a tall glass with a straw, or sip from a festive mug like I did. Either way, enjoy your glowing green treat. Happy Brightshine! @Peryton [sub]Aah, I was worried I wouldn't be able to post this due to the downtime. I've been refreshing the site for hours. I'm so glad it worked it in time![/sub] [b]edit:[/b] oh nooooo I forgot to put my name in the photo. I guess it's disqualified :( would it help if I took a photo of my name card beside the mug that I used? I still have my name card from yesterday, I just forgot to put it in the photo, blah. [b]later edit:[/b] okay, [url=http://i.imgur.com/xpoh5yI.jpg]here is a photo[/url] of my still-slightly-dirty mug with my nametag. You can see the green around the edges! I hope this is enough to qualify my entry, but I understand that rules are rules. Even if it's disqualified, I hope someone will still make this smoothie and enjoy it!

~ Glowing Green Smoothie ~

original recipe

This smoothie is simple, it's sweet, and it's something I find myself making again and again whenever I need a little pick-me-up... like after a long day of coli grinding, for example.

Not only is this drink deliciously light and refreshing, it's full of nutritious ingredients, so it will make you glow from the inside out!

ingredients for one serving

1 ripe banana
~ 1 cup almond milk, or milk of your choice
large handful baby spinach leaves
1 tsp matcha (green tea) powder, or to taste
splash vanilla extract
optional 1-2 dates, or 1 tsp honey
ice cubes

kU2PbRg.jpg

If you've never had a green smoothie before, don't worry. I know the colour can be intimidating at first, but it doesn't taste like vegetables, I promise! This recipe is perfect for green smoothie beginners because the spinach is completely disguised by the banana, and the result is sweet, creamy and delicious.

If you're really unsure, you can reduce the amount of spinach to as little as you feel comfortable with. A handful of strawberries would be a yummy substitution if you'd prefer to leave the spinach out altogether, but then of course you'll have a pink smoothie instead of green.

One nice thing about this recipe is there's very little prep required. You might want to wash your spinach before you begin, but otherwise, just gather your ingredients and you're good to go!

zpStNCO.jpg

Here's everything you'll need. Simple, right? If you don't have access to matcha powder, or if you simply don't like it, feel free to leave it out. Your smoothie will still be delicious! I like adding it, because it makes my smoothie taste like my favourite fancy drink, a green tea latte.

The almond milk I used was already sweetened. If your milk isn't sweetened, or if you want extra sweetness, you can add a couple of dates or a spoonful of honey.

KMO01vA.jpg

I made this in my mini blender cup, which is really convenient for making a single serving. Of course, you can use a large blender, too! Put everything in there except the ice cubes, for now.

Na5k4JN.jpg

Blend for a minute or so... and voila! Green goodness.

Z4rFi75.jpg

Taste, and make sure it's to your liking. Now I like to add a few ice cubes and blend a second time. This makes it extra smooth and icy cold.

J4LsD37.jpg

Serve it in a tall glass with a straw, or sip from a festive mug like I did.

Either way, enjoy your glowing green treat. Happy Brightshine!

@Peryton

Aah, I was worried I wouldn't be able to post this due to the downtime. I've been refreshing the site for hours. I'm so glad it worked it in time!

edit: oh nooooo I forgot to put my name in the photo. I guess it's disqualified :( would it help if I took a photo of my name card beside the mug that I used? I still have my name card from yesterday, I just forgot to put it in the photo, blah.

later edit: okay, here is a photo of my still-slightly-dirty mug with my nametag. You can see the green around the edges! I hope this is enough to qualify my entry, but I understand that rules are rules. Even if it's disqualified, I hope someone will still make this smoothie and enjoy it!
emeOzA6.png
I didn't do very good documentation (too busy cooking for that), but I did do the three recipes~ note that I'm not a very regular cook, but I do enjoy it, so I consider not completely failing an accomplishment. |D the soup and cookies turned out rather tasty~

jellyfish and eggs

meatballs in egg and lemon soup

honey cookies

I'm a bit short on time right now, so after I finish writing (almost all of) my entry for writing contest, I'll see if I can add the rest of my pictures.
I didn't do very good documentation (too busy cooking for that), but I did do the three recipes~ note that I'm not a very regular cook, but I do enjoy it, so I consider not completely failing an accomplishment. |D the soup and cookies turned out rather tasty~

jellyfish and eggs

meatballs in egg and lemon soup

honey cookies

I'm a bit short on time right now, so after I finish writing (almost all of) my entry for writing contest, I'll see if I can add the rest of my pictures.
glxY4Ve.gif
This is not a very well documented one, but here we have jellyfish and eggs in progress: [img]http://i59.tinypic.com/fo193t.jpg[/img] And the completed dish, demonstrating that I have trouble with both flipping/folding an omelet and drizzling.... [img]http://i61.tinypic.com/rcokqp.jpg[/img] It was pretty tasty, though!
This is not a very well documented one, but here we have jellyfish and eggs in progress:
fo193t.jpg

And the completed dish, demonstrating that I have trouble with both flipping/folding an omelet and drizzling....

rcokqp.jpg

It was pretty tasty, though!
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12