Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private with RedWaters]
It was a rather silent morning, much more silent than usual. Inside the lair that was buried deep within the twisted pestilent roots of The Rotrock Rim, The Clan of Silhouetted Sickness began to stir and begin their daily duties. Several decided to have a quick meal before the day started, and walked over to the large hoard of food to take their pick. Food had been scarce, more scarce than usual, and many had to settle with sharing a bite. After most had eaten and stretched out their wings, patrols and hunting parties began to form.

A tall, obsidian Skydancer with many patches of rotting flesh and bloody bandages trotted over to his best friend, a white Skydancer with large, brilliant splash-colored wings.
"Hey Cloud, let's head out on a border patrol together and take out the new kid, Patience and Marceline's son! I was asked to show him around the borders, y'know. Maybe we'll have a chance to run into a trespassing clan and I'll show him how a real dragon defends his territory! Whad'ya say?"

Cloud laughed quietly before turning to face the crowded lair, searching for the recruit. "He's not going to be happy about it though. I don't know if I want to teach someone that's around Marceline all the time. He's already just as bitter as her."
"That's why we're gonna knock some sense into him! We're not going to put up with any of his rudeness! We're the bosses, and he has to follow us and do what we say."
Finally Cloud's blue eyes locked on the Mirror's dark body, and called him over. The Mirror looked up from a bloody chunk of meat he had been viciously digging into, before hissing and standing up to scuttle over to where the two Skydancer's stood.

"You'll be coming with us today; we're gonna show you how things work outside of the lair!" the obsidian Skydancer announced, whipping around and heading for the entrance of the cave. The Mirror looked up at Cloud with an annoyed, almost hateful look and silently began to follow the Skydancer. Cloud glanced back at his sleeping nest, wishing he would have gotten more rest, before falling in line after him.
"This won't take too long, Xeno. You have to see the far outskirts of our land eventually. Just look at it like it's your next step to becoming a honored, respected member."
Xeno chuckled quietly, lashing his long tiger-striped tail back and forth, and began mumbling to himself. Cloud looked down at him with worried, slightly nervous glance before catching the sight of his friend Aladdin calling for his familiar.
"Relin? Relin! Relin, come out! We have to show a kid the borders!"
Xeno hissed angrily with his wings spread out, but Aladdin completely ignored him, grinning when he saw his Red-Breasted Hainu trotting towards him.
"Good boy! Now, let's head out everyone!"

Spreading his wings, Aladdin took off out of the cave with his familiar flying behind him. Cloud waited for Xeno to stop cursing under his breath and follow after Aladdin before he did anything. As soon as Xeno was up, Cloud quickly followed behind them, sighing as Aladdin was already far up ahead racing with Relin.

"Let's just get this over with, I don't know how long I can deal with this." he thought to himself.

((Sorry it took so long, I was grinding the Coli. @RedWaters))
It was a rather silent morning, much more silent than usual. Inside the lair that was buried deep within the twisted pestilent roots of The Rotrock Rim, The Clan of Silhouetted Sickness began to stir and begin their daily duties. Several decided to have a quick meal before the day started, and walked over to the large hoard of food to take their pick. Food had been scarce, more scarce than usual, and many had to settle with sharing a bite. After most had eaten and stretched out their wings, patrols and hunting parties began to form.

A tall, obsidian Skydancer with many patches of rotting flesh and bloody bandages trotted over to his best friend, a white Skydancer with large, brilliant splash-colored wings.
"Hey Cloud, let's head out on a border patrol together and take out the new kid, Patience and Marceline's son! I was asked to show him around the borders, y'know. Maybe we'll have a chance to run into a trespassing clan and I'll show him how a real dragon defends his territory! Whad'ya say?"

Cloud laughed quietly before turning to face the crowded lair, searching for the recruit. "He's not going to be happy about it though. I don't know if I want to teach someone that's around Marceline all the time. He's already just as bitter as her."
"That's why we're gonna knock some sense into him! We're not going to put up with any of his rudeness! We're the bosses, and he has to follow us and do what we say."
Finally Cloud's blue eyes locked on the Mirror's dark body, and called him over. The Mirror looked up from a bloody chunk of meat he had been viciously digging into, before hissing and standing up to scuttle over to where the two Skydancer's stood.

"You'll be coming with us today; we're gonna show you how things work outside of the lair!" the obsidian Skydancer announced, whipping around and heading for the entrance of the cave. The Mirror looked up at Cloud with an annoyed, almost hateful look and silently began to follow the Skydancer. Cloud glanced back at his sleeping nest, wishing he would have gotten more rest, before falling in line after him.
"This won't take too long, Xeno. You have to see the far outskirts of our land eventually. Just look at it like it's your next step to becoming a honored, respected member."
Xeno chuckled quietly, lashing his long tiger-striped tail back and forth, and began mumbling to himself. Cloud looked down at him with worried, slightly nervous glance before catching the sight of his friend Aladdin calling for his familiar.
"Relin? Relin! Relin, come out! We have to show a kid the borders!"
Xeno hissed angrily with his wings spread out, but Aladdin completely ignored him, grinning when he saw his Red-Breasted Hainu trotting towards him.
"Good boy! Now, let's head out everyone!"

Spreading his wings, Aladdin took off out of the cave with his familiar flying behind him. Cloud waited for Xeno to stop cursing under his breath and follow after Aladdin before he did anything. As soon as Xeno was up, Cloud quickly followed behind them, sighing as Aladdin was already far up ahead racing with Relin.

"Let's just get this over with, I don't know how long I can deal with this." he thought to himself.

((Sorry it took so long, I was grinding the Coli. @RedWaters))
wlf0vb.jpg
In the outskirts of The Tangled Wood, three dragons recently left camp and began to make their way towards the board of The Scarred Wasteland

A larger skydancer looked back at his two clan mates. Neither looked very happy. He stopped and turned to face them, his blue colored wings opened then where brought back in.
"Look.." His voice was coarse. "I know you two are very happy with this.. request.. we are going to make.. but our clan is small, we have no choice."

A dark female mirror stared at him momentarily. There was a slight chilly breeze this morning. Her wraps slightly blew in the wind.
"No choice.." She mutter, slightly amused. "There are 11 flights. There are many other choices. We did have to go to our... neighbors." She hissed.

"Massacre.. Where is your familiar at..?" A voice came from behind. The mirror turned to look at the imperial. She opened her mouth to say something but then paused.
"My familiar.. is currently flying ahead." She smiled, trying not to get irritated with his question. The imperial was silent.

The skydancer stood. "Alright lets keep moving.. we are pretty close to the boarder... you'll know when we are there.."
The imperial and mirror followed as their leader began to start moving again. They watched as their home slowly begin to turn into a sick and disease ridden land.
In the outskirts of The Tangled Wood, three dragons recently left camp and began to make their way towards the board of The Scarred Wasteland

A larger skydancer looked back at his two clan mates. Neither looked very happy. He stopped and turned to face them, his blue colored wings opened then where brought back in.
"Look.." His voice was coarse. "I know you two are very happy with this.. request.. we are going to make.. but our clan is small, we have no choice."

A dark female mirror stared at him momentarily. There was a slight chilly breeze this morning. Her wraps slightly blew in the wind.
"No choice.." She mutter, slightly amused. "There are 11 flights. There are many other choices. We did have to go to our... neighbors." She hissed.

"Massacre.. Where is your familiar at..?" A voice came from behind. The mirror turned to look at the imperial. She opened her mouth to say something but then paused.
"My familiar.. is currently flying ahead." She smiled, trying not to get irritated with his question. The imperial was silent.

The skydancer stood. "Alright lets keep moving.. we are pretty close to the boarder... you'll know when we are there.."
The imperial and mirror followed as their leader began to start moving again. They watched as their home slowly begin to turn into a sick and disease ridden land.
Silently Cloud and Xeno flew next to each other, while Aladdin and Relin continued going farther and farther ahead. Dark clouds spiraled above them while sickness and rot spread below, and Cloud sighed, silently wishing he could be out hunting with his mate or training the hatchlings instead of being stuck with the temperamental Mirror. It had been a long time since he had gone all the way out to the outskirts of The Rotrock Rim, as he feared the vast, dead area of The Abiding Boneyard that seemed to stretch forever. Last time he patrolled out this far, there had been a dispute with another Plague clan that ended with the loss of two clan mates. Pushing the memory aside, he looked to his left at Xeno.

"Let's catch up. Who knows what he'll get himself into?" he said, hoping to get some sort of positive reaction from the Mirror, but was only given a sharp look and dark mumbling. Cloud spread his wings slightly, and began to flap faster until he picked up speed. Behind him the shady Xeno only sped up slightly, his pupiless red eyes staring at the land below and moving back and forth quickly, taking every object in. They locked on a lone Basilisk, and with a quick, jerky movement he shot downward, heading right for it. Cloud's eyes widened, and he immediately flew down after him at full speed.

His superior flying navigation and quicker speed came in handy; he caught up easily and lightly caught one of his claws on the Mirror's back, and quickly danced around him in the air until he was in front, blocking Xeno from the Basilisk. Letting out an angered screech, Xeno pulled up and hovered in the air above Cloud, while the Basilsk below them took off.
"You idiot, don't just go around attacking things! If I hadn't stopped you, you probably would have looked into it's eyes! Do you know what those things do?" Cloud shouted.

"We have one as a familiar back home!" Xeno screeched back. "I know how to kill them!"
Cursing under his breath, he quickly turned and took off in the direction Aladdin had flown, who by now was long gone and had left them behind. Cloud stared off angrily after the Mirror, before taking off after him.

((@RedWaters))
Silently Cloud and Xeno flew next to each other, while Aladdin and Relin continued going farther and farther ahead. Dark clouds spiraled above them while sickness and rot spread below, and Cloud sighed, silently wishing he could be out hunting with his mate or training the hatchlings instead of being stuck with the temperamental Mirror. It had been a long time since he had gone all the way out to the outskirts of The Rotrock Rim, as he feared the vast, dead area of The Abiding Boneyard that seemed to stretch forever. Last time he patrolled out this far, there had been a dispute with another Plague clan that ended with the loss of two clan mates. Pushing the memory aside, he looked to his left at Xeno.

"Let's catch up. Who knows what he'll get himself into?" he said, hoping to get some sort of positive reaction from the Mirror, but was only given a sharp look and dark mumbling. Cloud spread his wings slightly, and began to flap faster until he picked up speed. Behind him the shady Xeno only sped up slightly, his pupiless red eyes staring at the land below and moving back and forth quickly, taking every object in. They locked on a lone Basilisk, and with a quick, jerky movement he shot downward, heading right for it. Cloud's eyes widened, and he immediately flew down after him at full speed.

His superior flying navigation and quicker speed came in handy; he caught up easily and lightly caught one of his claws on the Mirror's back, and quickly danced around him in the air until he was in front, blocking Xeno from the Basilisk. Letting out an angered screech, Xeno pulled up and hovered in the air above Cloud, while the Basilsk below them took off.
"You idiot, don't just go around attacking things! If I hadn't stopped you, you probably would have looked into it's eyes! Do you know what those things do?" Cloud shouted.

"We have one as a familiar back home!" Xeno screeched back. "I know how to kill them!"
Cursing under his breath, he quickly turned and took off in the direction Aladdin had flown, who by now was long gone and had left them behind. Cloud stared off angrily after the Mirror, before taking off after him.

((@RedWaters))
wlf0vb.jpg
Massacre sat down as the other two went ahead. The imperial paused.
"Why did you stop..?" He asked.
"My familiar.. I'm waiting for her. She shouldn't be long."
"Lets just hope she didn't get into to much trouble with her.. appetite for young ones.."
Massacre chuckled and then watched the other two walk off. The skydancer looked back and nodded to her.

After about 7 minutes there was a screeching sound. The mirror looked to the sky to see her Sunspot Clouddancer fly into view. Quickly getting back on her feet she padded along. The other two had not made it too far, she quickly caught up, her familiar following her.
The three paused after a bit a walking, they hear a loud screech.

The imperial looked slightly worried. "Shouldn't we make our presence know..?" He asked the skydancer.
"That might be a good idea so it doesn't seem as if we come with bad intentions.. "
The skydancer let out a call, it echoed in the wastelands.
Massacre sat down as the other two went ahead. The imperial paused.
"Why did you stop..?" He asked.
"My familiar.. I'm waiting for her. She shouldn't be long."
"Lets just hope she didn't get into to much trouble with her.. appetite for young ones.."
Massacre chuckled and then watched the other two walk off. The skydancer looked back and nodded to her.

After about 7 minutes there was a screeching sound. The mirror looked to the sky to see her Sunspot Clouddancer fly into view. Quickly getting back on her feet she padded along. The other two had not made it too far, she quickly caught up, her familiar following her.
The three paused after a bit a walking, they hear a loud screech.

The imperial looked slightly worried. "Shouldn't we make our presence know..?" He asked the skydancer.
"That might be a good idea so it doesn't seem as if we come with bad intentions.. "
The skydancer let out a call, it echoed in the wastelands.
Xeno, witch Cloud shortly behind him, finally spotted the two dark shapes a small distance ahead. He began to slow down, and muttered with an aggravated expression as Cloud slowed down with him and remained behind him, watching his every move carefully. Up ahead, Aladdin and his familiar had finally ceased their game, and both turned back to laugh at their clanmates behind them. "Hey, slowpokes! What's takin' so long?" Aladdin called out, frowning when neither one replied as the slowly made their way over to them.

Xeno opened his mouth to snap at the Skydancer as the finally reached him, but Cloud quickly interrupted. "Sorry, Aladdin. We just couldn't keep up with you. We gave up a ways back there." Cloud turned his head slightly to glance at Xeno, who had turned away from them both and was staring out across the boneyards. "Ha, I'll have to teach you guys sometime! I can understand the kid, but you Cloud? Come on, I know you're better than-"

All three dragons and the hainu whipped around to face westward as a faint call traveled through the lands. Aladdin nodded to his familiar, and without stirring his eyes away from the direction, began to descend. "Come on guys, sounds like trouble. Relin, stay up there in case something flies overhead." The hainu barked and glided over them as the dragons descended, Xeno growling deeply as a disgusting plague-like substance dripped from his mouth while Cloud held a slightly worried, concentrated look.

"Aladdin, that wasn't in our territory. We shouldn't worry about-"
"It was close, though! Close enough! What if someone tries to crawl around in our territory, huh? We need to check it out. Aladdin began to walk forward towards the borders of their territory, which were still a good distance off, while the still growling an drooling Xeno crept right behind him. He was almost flattened towards the ground, and he almost reminded Cloud of a disgusting snake. Cautiously falling in line after them, the three walked forward as the hainu scanned the skies.

((@RedWaters))
Xeno, witch Cloud shortly behind him, finally spotted the two dark shapes a small distance ahead. He began to slow down, and muttered with an aggravated expression as Cloud slowed down with him and remained behind him, watching his every move carefully. Up ahead, Aladdin and his familiar had finally ceased their game, and both turned back to laugh at their clanmates behind them. "Hey, slowpokes! What's takin' so long?" Aladdin called out, frowning when neither one replied as the slowly made their way over to them.

Xeno opened his mouth to snap at the Skydancer as the finally reached him, but Cloud quickly interrupted. "Sorry, Aladdin. We just couldn't keep up with you. We gave up a ways back there." Cloud turned his head slightly to glance at Xeno, who had turned away from them both and was staring out across the boneyards. "Ha, I'll have to teach you guys sometime! I can understand the kid, but you Cloud? Come on, I know you're better than-"

All three dragons and the hainu whipped around to face westward as a faint call traveled through the lands. Aladdin nodded to his familiar, and without stirring his eyes away from the direction, began to descend. "Come on guys, sounds like trouble. Relin, stay up there in case something flies overhead." The hainu barked and glided over them as the dragons descended, Xeno growling deeply as a disgusting plague-like substance dripped from his mouth while Cloud held a slightly worried, concentrated look.

"Aladdin, that wasn't in our territory. We shouldn't worry about-"
"It was close, though! Close enough! What if someone tries to crawl around in our territory, huh? We need to check it out. Aladdin began to walk forward towards the borders of their territory, which were still a good distance off, while the still growling an drooling Xeno crept right behind him. He was almost flattened towards the ground, and he almost reminded Cloud of a disgusting snake. Cautiously falling in line after them, the three walked forward as the hainu scanned the skies.

((@RedWaters))
wlf0vb.jpg
The three dragons sat, awhile a reply or an arrival of some type. While the imperial and skydancer talk about what words would be exchanged, Massacre lay there keeping an eye out, from time to time her mind wandered as traced her scars. She hissed and then stood up after awhile, walking over to the male dragons.
"Whats taking so long.." She hissed at them.
"Massacre.. for all we know they might not have any patrols out and could all be at camp."
"Well they should be out earlier." She spat back quickly.

Massacre had little to zero patience when it came to things like this. She liked to get things done and over with. The imperial, a more quiet, peaceful dragon, sat there quietly. He flicked his head back, causing his goggles do go farther up on his head. He began to wonder if Massacre was bipolar.. or if she had some type of emotional disorder. He was just guessing tho, the brain wasn't something he had studied on.

Massacre whipped her head over her shoulder and locked eyes with the imperial.
"What, Arsenic." She ask with I slight irritable voice.
"Nothing. Just thinking, Dear." He smiled, flicking his head forward, his goggles falling back onto his face.

"Massacre." the skydancer said, his voice was stern.
"Yeah North." She looked over at him.
"Please.. no out bursts.."
Massacre frowned. "Yes sir.. My apologies for my mood today." She said, she had began to calm down.
"That's alright Massacre.."

Silence fell on the three of them.

((@Zerok))
The three dragons sat, awhile a reply or an arrival of some type. While the imperial and skydancer talk about what words would be exchanged, Massacre lay there keeping an eye out, from time to time her mind wandered as traced her scars. She hissed and then stood up after awhile, walking over to the male dragons.
"Whats taking so long.." She hissed at them.
"Massacre.. for all we know they might not have any patrols out and could all be at camp."
"Well they should be out earlier." She spat back quickly.

Massacre had little to zero patience when it came to things like this. She liked to get things done and over with. The imperial, a more quiet, peaceful dragon, sat there quietly. He flicked his head back, causing his goggles do go farther up on his head. He began to wonder if Massacre was bipolar.. or if she had some type of emotional disorder. He was just guessing tho, the brain wasn't something he had studied on.

Massacre whipped her head over her shoulder and locked eyes with the imperial.
"What, Arsenic." She ask with I slight irritable voice.
"Nothing. Just thinking, Dear." He smiled, flicking his head forward, his goggles falling back onto his face.

"Massacre." the skydancer said, his voice was stern.
"Yeah North." She looked over at him.
"Please.. no out bursts.."
Massacre frowned. "Yes sir.. My apologies for my mood today." She said, she had began to calm down.
"That's alright Massacre.."

Silence fell on the three of them.

((@Zerok))
They had traveled quite far, all three males cautiously gazing across the rotten land. Aladdin glanced upwards to the sky and chirped at Relin, who took off towards the direction that the sound had come from. Cloud sighed, taking a moment to glance down again at the fidgeting Xeno. "Aladdin, we shouldn't be sending him out there, it's not our territory. What if he gets attacked and killed?"

Aladdin scoffed, spreading his wings to stretch them out and yawning lightly. "Nothing will know it's from our clan, they'll think he's just a really lost hainu. Besides, he's too fast and smart to get caught like that." Cloud sighed in reply, his blue eyes scanning the outskirts of the Boneyard. The three remained wordless for awhile; Cloud and the now silent Xeno following behind Aladdin.

Up ahead Relin had flown rather far out from the border of their territory, and from the sky he gazed down looking for any signs of moving dragons. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary, but he continued to fly farther and farther out. Deciding there was nothing of importance, he gave one last check before barking loudly and turning to fly back towards the patrol.

((@RedWaters))
They had traveled quite far, all three males cautiously gazing across the rotten land. Aladdin glanced upwards to the sky and chirped at Relin, who took off towards the direction that the sound had come from. Cloud sighed, taking a moment to glance down again at the fidgeting Xeno. "Aladdin, we shouldn't be sending him out there, it's not our territory. What if he gets attacked and killed?"

Aladdin scoffed, spreading his wings to stretch them out and yawning lightly. "Nothing will know it's from our clan, they'll think he's just a really lost hainu. Besides, he's too fast and smart to get caught like that." Cloud sighed in reply, his blue eyes scanning the outskirts of the Boneyard. The three remained wordless for awhile; Cloud and the now silent Xeno following behind Aladdin.

Up ahead Relin had flown rather far out from the border of their territory, and from the sky he gazed down looking for any signs of moving dragons. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary, but he continued to fly farther and farther out. Deciding there was nothing of importance, he gave one last check before barking loudly and turning to fly back towards the patrol.

((@RedWaters))
wlf0vb.jpg