Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Plant Lovers
1 2 3 4
I had a few, then many, then none because I moved and now i have many and my paychecks keep disappearing >>; Speaking of, I picked up some poor mistreated succulents, most of which were favorites like E. lilacina and E. 'Lola'. Poor things were tucked inside away from any light under several shelves of pots. This is the Lola, which should perk back up with some TLC and sunlight. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/842094472309112862/845692321604304916/20210522_105248.jpg[/img] This one I'm not entirely sure what it is, besides thirsty. It resembles a 'Topsy Turvy' but pinks up like a PVN, and the base color is wrong. Maybe a 'Swan Lake'? [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/842094472309112862/845692322238431272/20210522_105331.jpg[/img] This one was labeled E. pelusida, but we'll see once it compacts and colors up again. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/842094472309112862/845692322930622484/20210522_105345.jpg[/img] E. lilacina, one of my favorite Echeverias! She's actually in decent shape, but could still use some light to get that nice, even rosette shape back. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/842094472309112862/845692323643785226/20210522_105354.jpg[/img] Not really sure on this guy. There's a great many ruffled Echeveria hybrids and until I see what color he sun-stresses, there's really no way to tell. This poor dude probably won't be doing much in the leaf department for a while though. He was so severely root-rotted that his soil smelled like sewage. Nasty stuff. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/842094472309112862/845692324310941726/20210522_105405.jpg[/img] And finally, these guys I'm really excited for. Left is Sedeveria 'Dark Elf' and right is a severely etiolated E. 'Dark Moon'. Can not [i]wait[/i] for the dark moon to recover so I can prop some lower leaves, behead and get one of the prettiest (to me) dark-colored Echeveria I know of. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/842094472309112862/845692325047959573/20210522_105434.jpg[/img] Also, the way I squealed at the nurtured cluster today...
I had a few, then many, then none because I moved and now i have many and my paychecks keep disappearing >>;

Speaking of, I picked up some poor mistreated succulents, most of which were favorites like E. lilacina and E. 'Lola'. Poor things were tucked inside away from any light under several shelves of pots.

This is the Lola, which should perk back up with some TLC and sunlight.
20210522_105248.jpg

This one I'm not entirely sure what it is, besides thirsty. It resembles a 'Topsy Turvy' but pinks up like a PVN, and the base color is wrong. Maybe a 'Swan Lake'?
20210522_105331.jpg

This one was labeled E. pelusida, but we'll see once it compacts and colors up again.
20210522_105345.jpg

E. lilacina, one of my favorite Echeverias! She's actually in decent shape, but could still use some light to get that nice, even rosette shape back.
20210522_105354.jpg

Not really sure on this guy. There's a great many ruffled Echeveria hybrids and until I see what color he sun-stresses, there's really no way to tell. This poor dude probably won't be doing much in the leaf department for a while though. He was so severely root-rotted that his soil smelled like sewage. Nasty stuff.
20210522_105405.jpg

And finally, these guys I'm really excited for. Left is Sedeveria 'Dark Elf' and right is a severely etiolated E. 'Dark Moon'. Can not wait for the dark moon to recover so I can prop some lower leaves, behead and get one of the prettiest (to me) dark-colored Echeveria I know of.
20210522_105434.jpg

Also, the way I squealed at the nurtured cluster today...
f1afa9fdf62c6f7830a8a639fafd07d647131c3a.png
I have quite a few houseplants. My collection consists of different varieties of epipremnum, heart-leaf philodendron, zygocactus, African violets and some others.

Currently my favourites are my phalaenopsis orchids because they're so easy to care for, and also because my husband gifted me my first one, which was on sale as its blooms were dying. He was told the plant wouldn't last long by a store worker and that it would never bloom again. I can't wait to prove her wrong! My baby is already growing a new leaf and appears to have recovered when I checked its roots during a repot.
I have quite a few houseplants. My collection consists of different varieties of epipremnum, heart-leaf philodendron, zygocactus, African violets and some others.

Currently my favourites are my phalaenopsis orchids because they're so easy to care for, and also because my husband gifted me my first one, which was on sale as its blooms were dying. He was told the plant wouldn't last long by a store worker and that it would never bloom again. I can't wait to prove her wrong! My baby is already growing a new leaf and appears to have recovered when I checked its roots during a repot.
I'm an orchid gal and am trying my best to accommodate them all with Canada's funky climate.

I am having a... minor... spider mite problem that I'm hoping to fix with Neem Oil if anyone has any experience with it.
I'm an orchid gal and am trying my best to accommodate them all with Canada's funky climate.

I am having a... minor... spider mite problem that I'm hoping to fix with Neem Oil if anyone has any experience with it.
I enjoy Epipremnum from a far haha. I worked at a garden center where poor care directions from corporate left us having to clean yellowed leaves off some 150+ E. aureum on a near daily basis and since then I just... can't bring myself to love them in my home x,D I have, at times, considered picking up E. pictum though. However, I also am not home much due to work, so succulents are my favorites. All they really want is for you to lean over, tell them they're doing great and then leave them alone.

Also, man props to both of you for keeping orchids alive. I have tried every which way to keep orchids, including those like little clay balls? Man, I had help from someone with like 20 thriving orchids...still couldn't keep one alive. So I decided orchids are pretty to look at, but not for me.

Good luck on the spider mite problem! I've only ever had trouble with mealybugs and scale on mine, so I can't say for certain.
I enjoy Epipremnum from a far haha. I worked at a garden center where poor care directions from corporate left us having to clean yellowed leaves off some 150+ E. aureum on a near daily basis and since then I just... can't bring myself to love them in my home x,D I have, at times, considered picking up E. pictum though. However, I also am not home much due to work, so succulents are my favorites. All they really want is for you to lean over, tell them they're doing great and then leave them alone.

Also, man props to both of you for keeping orchids alive. I have tried every which way to keep orchids, including those like little clay balls? Man, I had help from someone with like 20 thriving orchids...still couldn't keep one alive. So I decided orchids are pretty to look at, but not for me.

Good luck on the spider mite problem! I've only ever had trouble with mealybugs and scale on mine, so I can't say for certain.
I have some succulents and cacti, but they are not okay - still can't find the perfect balance between watering. [emoji=spiral sad size=1] But my ficuses feeling much better) And this year I'm trying to grow some vegetables on the balcony)) Hope soon I'll be a proud owner of some cucumbers =}
I have some succulents and cacti, but they are not okay - still can't find the perfect balance between watering.

But my ficuses feeling much better) And this year I'm trying to grow some vegetables on the balcony)) Hope soon I'll be a proud owner of some cucumbers =}
u8ULC.gifZ5ccaDf.png4po62.gif
The easiest way to keep succulents is to first, make sure there is no peat in the soil you keep them in. Traditional 'cactus' soils like those from fertilome and Miracle-Gro contain peat which holds on to water far too long for healthy succulents, and, should you let it dry out completely to prevent overwatering, it becomes hydrophobic. I make my own from sand, coco fiber, crushed granite and perlite, but I've also heard good things of Bonsai Jack's gritty mix.

After that, ignore them. I check mine for pests and wrinkled leaves every morning, and clean up absorbed leaves. If I find wrinkly leaves, I give them a good drink and then leave them alone.

Good luck on your veggies! We have some out in the backyard we're trying to grow.
The easiest way to keep succulents is to first, make sure there is no peat in the soil you keep them in. Traditional 'cactus' soils like those from fertilome and Miracle-Gro contain peat which holds on to water far too long for healthy succulents, and, should you let it dry out completely to prevent overwatering, it becomes hydrophobic. I make my own from sand, coco fiber, crushed granite and perlite, but I've also heard good things of Bonsai Jack's gritty mix.

After that, ignore them. I check mine for pests and wrinkled leaves every morning, and clean up absorbed leaves. If I find wrinkly leaves, I give them a good drink and then leave them alone.

Good luck on your veggies! We have some out in the backyard we're trying to grow.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/DDFLEZR.jpg[/img] Just got my Maxillaria Tenuifolia ('Coconut Orchid') today [emoji=coatl love size=1] Charlie seems to be enjoying it!
DDFLEZR.jpg
Just got my Maxillaria Tenuifolia ('Coconut Orchid') today Charlie seems to be enjoying it!
A cute bird and a cute orchid!

Man if I ever venture back into orchids, I want another zygopetalum. That's the only one I ever kept going for long.
A cute bird and a cute orchid!

Man if I ever venture back into orchids, I want another zygopetalum. That's the only one I ever kept going for long.
Oooh, you're growing vegetables? I sowed my garden around... 1/2 month ago? We have a very, very bad climate so it's not common for it to snow into early-mid may. I sowed some butterhead lettuce seeds when it still went below 0 and they came up 2-3 weeks later. They're now well resistant to cold and the fact that they couldn't grow leaves meant that they developed a good root system beforehand.

I've got sweet peas, snow peas, cantaloupe (from that time I ate 2 whole cantaloupes in one sitting), tomato, butterhead lettuce, I think my basil died? I never had much luck with it, VERY leggy.
Oooh, you're growing vegetables? I sowed my garden around... 1/2 month ago? We have a very, very bad climate so it's not common for it to snow into early-mid may. I sowed some butterhead lettuce seeds when it still went below 0 and they came up 2-3 weeks later. They're now well resistant to cold and the fact that they couldn't grow leaves meant that they developed a good root system beforehand.

I've got sweet peas, snow peas, cantaloupe (from that time I ate 2 whole cantaloupes in one sitting), tomato, butterhead lettuce, I think my basil died? I never had much luck with it, VERY leggy.
Well, my qpp is growing veggies. She's got uuuuh chocolate mint, cabbage, mustard spinach, lettuce, onions, garlic, chilis, tomatoes, potatoes, basil and uhhhh squash of some kind i think

Edit: Oh! and grapes
Well, my qpp is growing veggies. She's got uuuuh chocolate mint, cabbage, mustard spinach, lettuce, onions, garlic, chilis, tomatoes, potatoes, basil and uhhhh squash of some kind i think

Edit: Oh! and grapes
1 2 3 4