Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private with Nymine
1 2
@Nymine
Mason was shocked for a moment. For a second, he felt an echo of the shocking feeling that ran through the human, and felt his mind slip, just a little. He came back to reality a few seconds later, as Andrew abruptly went from thoughtful to grinning, laughter spilling from his lips. Mason took his hand back, feeling a little lightheaded. What had just...happened? He wasn't quite sure, but he was almost positive that whatever it was, it had been caused by his gesture. Then a thought came to him, and he felt a chill run down his spine. He had crushed it ruthlessly, and withdrew his hand. After a moment, Andy's question penetrated his thoughts, and he shook his head to clear it, like a dog getting water out of its ears. With a whuff, he quickly ran an inventory of the caravan.

"I...am not sure," he replied honestly. "Most of that sort of stuff was guzzled by shocked survivors. We...can go check. I am sure if Squeak does not have soda, he will have something similar." With unsteady paws, Mason moved back in the direction of the caravan. Within moments, Andrew followed, and then paused at the group of humans, all clamoring for goods, assisting Squeak in taking the already bartered for goods away, or pushing bartered goods back onto his caravan. Within a few moments, Mason had drawn Squeak away, and the little man approached Andrew, casting a few untrusting glances at the caravan, closely watched by other merchants and guards.

"SSssoo," the little man started, beady black eyes glittering like a beetle, drawing his thick twig-like fingers through his little beard of whiskers, rodent-like nose twitching, "My guard tells me you are looking for sssomething...sssspecific? I do indeed have sssugary goodsss from the old world with me. But sssuch thingsss...ssso sssmall, but sso valuable..." his hissing little voice drawled out into a speculative silence.
@Nymine
Mason was shocked for a moment. For a second, he felt an echo of the shocking feeling that ran through the human, and felt his mind slip, just a little. He came back to reality a few seconds later, as Andrew abruptly went from thoughtful to grinning, laughter spilling from his lips. Mason took his hand back, feeling a little lightheaded. What had just...happened? He wasn't quite sure, but he was almost positive that whatever it was, it had been caused by his gesture. Then a thought came to him, and he felt a chill run down his spine. He had crushed it ruthlessly, and withdrew his hand. After a moment, Andy's question penetrated his thoughts, and he shook his head to clear it, like a dog getting water out of its ears. With a whuff, he quickly ran an inventory of the caravan.

"I...am not sure," he replied honestly. "Most of that sort of stuff was guzzled by shocked survivors. We...can go check. I am sure if Squeak does not have soda, he will have something similar." With unsteady paws, Mason moved back in the direction of the caravan. Within moments, Andrew followed, and then paused at the group of humans, all clamoring for goods, assisting Squeak in taking the already bartered for goods away, or pushing bartered goods back onto his caravan. Within a few moments, Mason had drawn Squeak away, and the little man approached Andrew, casting a few untrusting glances at the caravan, closely watched by other merchants and guards.

"SSssoo," the little man started, beady black eyes glittering like a beetle, drawing his thick twig-like fingers through his little beard of whiskers, rodent-like nose twitching, "My guard tells me you are looking for sssomething...sssspecific? I do indeed have sssugary goodsss from the old world with me. But sssuch thingsss...ssso sssmall, but sso valuable..." his hissing little voice drawled out into a speculative silence.
PoU9kzE.png
@satoshi413

Andrew's mixed thoughts made him frown as he walked passed the crowd around the caravan. Everyone had turned out, it seemed, regardless of what they had voiced weeks earlier. Man, woman and child alike crowed over their finds and many were busy attempting to barter between each other, swept up in the moment of haggling. He shook his head, frown slowly changing to a rueful grin; it certainly was the little things

Andrew turned his attention to the small caravan driver. He scratched his chin thoughtfully with the knife he had been carrying.

"Hadn't thought of that," Andrew admitted matter of factly. "Don't have anything to trade, really."
@satoshi413

Andrew's mixed thoughts made him frown as he walked passed the crowd around the caravan. Everyone had turned out, it seemed, regardless of what they had voiced weeks earlier. Man, woman and child alike crowed over their finds and many were busy attempting to barter between each other, swept up in the moment of haggling. He shook his head, frown slowly changing to a rueful grin; it certainly was the little things

Andrew turned his attention to the small caravan driver. He scratched his chin thoughtfully with the knife he had been carrying.

"Hadn't thought of that," Andrew admitted matter of factly. "Don't have anything to trade, really."
65JicuN.gif
@Nymine
Squeak's darting eyes honed in on the blade. He scratched his paws together, nose twitching. "What about that?" he asked, gesturing towards the knife. "Value enough for a toothache or two, perhapssss, yes?" With a cruel smile, he waddled over tot he caravan, and returned with a small basket of things. A few candies from the old days, a few dirty bottles, with liquid of varying colors inside, and a handful of sugar packets, probably hoarded or looted from a restaurant. "Have we a deal, hmmmmm?"

Mason watched all of this with a slightly disgusted air. Squeak's ruthless haggling, his pressure on Andy, Andrew's obvious desire for the items, but chagrin at the fact he had nothing to trade with. Squeak's offer seemed far too generous for something so "valuable". And after a moment, upon noticing what Squeak was gunning for, Mason, with a raised eyebrow, felt like he had to intervene. "Squeak, you and I both know that the knife is worth a lot more than that. If you really want to get something of value, how about you gather up enough sweets for my collection? I know you've been wanting those, so don't try to scrimp me."

At those words, Squeak froze, eyes wide, nose sniffing wildly for a trick of some sort. He licked his lips nervously, eyeing both Andrew and Mason. "Your whole collection you say?" Greed warred with caution openly in his face. After a moment of indecision, greed won out. With cautious steps, Squeak returned tot he caravan, swapping the basket for a whole crate, removing the lid for Mason's inspection. After a moment, he nodded, and produced the 'collection' : a sack of something that clinked like metal. Mason proffered the bag, and Squeak snatched it, pushing the crate towards Andrew with his elongated foot before scurrying back to his caravan, fingers digging in the bag.

Mason lifted the heavy crate with no effort, and trudged a few steps away from the crowd. "I'd say there are about twenty bottles of makeshift soda in here," he said, digging through the crate. "People trying to replicate the old stuff. And ah...here we go. Was this what you were craving?" with a half-smile, Mason pulled out a dented, scratched can of Pepsi free from the straw cradling the mostly glass bottles. Grunting, Mason proffered it to Andrew. "Believe me, the junk I traded to that rat was worth much less than your little knife. He can't resist little gadgets and parts from the old world. I've no doubt that it could be worthless...to the right person. Ever since he found it, Squeak's been trying to steal it from me." After another second of digging, Mason withdrew a string covered in crystals. "Though, I think I'll eat this." The rock candy was engulfed by his mouth, tongue wrapping around it in a way that no human's could.

The sweetness of the candy was almost shocking. Mason was torn between indifference and confusion. He had always been a little too charitable. He didn't want to give the wrong impression to these humans. Though it was true that the sack had contained only simple gadgets and bits and bobs for machines, and were collectively worth hardly a single meal, he had traded it for a rich man's bounty in candy. Why did he care? But with a shrug, Mason thought to himself, 'I'm just trying to do my part to make the world a little nicer. No harm in that, I suppose.'
@Nymine
Squeak's darting eyes honed in on the blade. He scratched his paws together, nose twitching. "What about that?" he asked, gesturing towards the knife. "Value enough for a toothache or two, perhapssss, yes?" With a cruel smile, he waddled over tot he caravan, and returned with a small basket of things. A few candies from the old days, a few dirty bottles, with liquid of varying colors inside, and a handful of sugar packets, probably hoarded or looted from a restaurant. "Have we a deal, hmmmmm?"

Mason watched all of this with a slightly disgusted air. Squeak's ruthless haggling, his pressure on Andy, Andrew's obvious desire for the items, but chagrin at the fact he had nothing to trade with. Squeak's offer seemed far too generous for something so "valuable". And after a moment, upon noticing what Squeak was gunning for, Mason, with a raised eyebrow, felt like he had to intervene. "Squeak, you and I both know that the knife is worth a lot more than that. If you really want to get something of value, how about you gather up enough sweets for my collection? I know you've been wanting those, so don't try to scrimp me."

At those words, Squeak froze, eyes wide, nose sniffing wildly for a trick of some sort. He licked his lips nervously, eyeing both Andrew and Mason. "Your whole collection you say?" Greed warred with caution openly in his face. After a moment of indecision, greed won out. With cautious steps, Squeak returned tot he caravan, swapping the basket for a whole crate, removing the lid for Mason's inspection. After a moment, he nodded, and produced the 'collection' : a sack of something that clinked like metal. Mason proffered the bag, and Squeak snatched it, pushing the crate towards Andrew with his elongated foot before scurrying back to his caravan, fingers digging in the bag.

Mason lifted the heavy crate with no effort, and trudged a few steps away from the crowd. "I'd say there are about twenty bottles of makeshift soda in here," he said, digging through the crate. "People trying to replicate the old stuff. And ah...here we go. Was this what you were craving?" with a half-smile, Mason pulled out a dented, scratched can of Pepsi free from the straw cradling the mostly glass bottles. Grunting, Mason proffered it to Andrew. "Believe me, the junk I traded to that rat was worth much less than your little knife. He can't resist little gadgets and parts from the old world. I've no doubt that it could be worthless...to the right person. Ever since he found it, Squeak's been trying to steal it from me." After another second of digging, Mason withdrew a string covered in crystals. "Though, I think I'll eat this." The rock candy was engulfed by his mouth, tongue wrapping around it in a way that no human's could.

The sweetness of the candy was almost shocking. Mason was torn between indifference and confusion. He had always been a little too charitable. He didn't want to give the wrong impression to these humans. Though it was true that the sack had contained only simple gadgets and bits and bobs for machines, and were collectively worth hardly a single meal, he had traded it for a rich man's bounty in candy. Why did he care? But with a shrug, Mason thought to himself, 'I'm just trying to do my part to make the world a little nicer. No harm in that, I suppose.'
PoU9kzE.png
1 2