Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Should I go Arcane or Light?
Hi all. :)
I've came back to this game after not playing for ~5 years.
Figured I don't really feel for the Lightning flight any longer, and my tastes have dramatically changed, and I've heavily weighed between Arcane or Light.
I prefer smaller communities, and Arcane is quite large as it is, so I was considering Light. The description seems to fit me overall, but at the same time, the aesthetics of Arcane are gorgeous.
I can't find anymore lore or information to help me narrow my searches, so I would like some insight or suggestions of your own. Whether it be more about the Gods themselves, the lore of the areas, or even your own experiences, everything is appreciated.
Thank you!
Edit: I've researched forums, wikias, and the various in-game aspects given to me, and I've considered Light! I might still change to Arcane if I find myself unsatisfied. Thank you everyone who commented and gave me help. :)
Hi all. :)
I've came back to this game after not playing for ~5 years.
Figured I don't really feel for the Lightning flight any longer, and my tastes have dramatically changed, and I've heavily weighed between Arcane or Light.
I prefer smaller communities, and Arcane is quite large as it is, so I was considering Light. The description seems to fit me overall, but at the same time, the aesthetics of Arcane are gorgeous.
I can't find anymore lore or information to help me narrow my searches, so I would like some insight or suggestions of your own. Whether it be more about the Gods themselves, the lore of the areas, or even your own experiences, everything is appreciated.
Thank you!
Edit: I've researched forums, wikias, and the various in-game aspects given to me, and I've considered Light! I might still change to Arcane if I find myself unsatisfied. Thank you everyone who commented and gave me help. :)
Imo, both are nice! Can never go wrong with the communities of any flight, they're all apparently friendly and have discords of their own. I was in Light many years ago and I can't compare to anywhere else, but I imagine both worlds would feel a bit similar once you get into one flight.

Lore-wise, both are into being studious of some sort. You got columns of white stone and scrolls in Light, and libraries and instruments of glass in Arcane. (that's more aesthetic than anything lol) I'd say I'd form lore around their map locations, like how Light has sprawling valleys, Arcane has interesting places to study or magic in its grounds.

Deity-wise, one seems more graceful, the other more studious, but I don't weigh into it much.
Imo, both are nice! Can never go wrong with the communities of any flight, they're all apparently friendly and have discords of their own. I was in Light many years ago and I can't compare to anywhere else, but I imagine both worlds would feel a bit similar once you get into one flight.

Lore-wise, both are into being studious of some sort. You got columns of white stone and scrolls in Light, and libraries and instruments of glass in Arcane. (that's more aesthetic than anything lol) I'd say I'd form lore around their map locations, like how Light has sprawling valleys, Arcane has interesting places to study or magic in its grounds.

Deity-wise, one seems more graceful, the other more studious, but I don't weigh into it much.
3u37mIB.png
both are amazing! i personally like the arcane aesthetic more , but of course pick the one you like best. also keep in mind the eye colours that they will have, and which best match your lair's color scheme.
both are amazing! i personally like the arcane aesthetic more , but of course pick the one you like best. also keep in mind the eye colours that they will have, and which best match your lair's color scheme.
CUnQdgy.png
Your lair definitely gives me Arcane vibes, specifically the Starwood Strand. It's even got a neat scene to go with it. I say go with what your tastes align with, as they both have loads of lore potential thanks to the map revamp.
Your lair definitely gives me Arcane vibes, specifically the Starwood Strand. It's even got a neat scene to go with it. I say go with what your tastes align with, as they both have loads of lore potential thanks to the map revamp.
Thank you all for the help! I'll take these all into consideration. :)
I do like the starry look of Arcane, and especially starry-designed dragons... My weakness.
I'll probably end up choosing Arcane! Thanks everyone.
Thank you all for the help! I'll take these all into consideration. :)
I do like the starry look of Arcane, and especially starry-designed dragons... My weakness.
I'll probably end up choosing Arcane! Thanks everyone.
Arcane dragons also go with light eyes. c:

I guess the question is if you're a breeder or a lore person.

Personally I started off in Arcane and ended up in Light! So they are very similiar to me. I vibe more with Light because of the chill community and just the lore in general. I'm more for sunlight and nature over nighttime and constellations. :)
Arcane dragons also go with light eyes. c:

I guess the question is if you're a breeder or a lore person.

Personally I started off in Arcane and ended up in Light! So they are very similiar to me. I vibe more with Light because of the chill community and just the lore in general. I'm more for sunlight and nature over nighttime and constellations. :)
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I've actually been in Arcane and switched to light! I switched for the aesthetic, dominance, and eye type. Both are lovely, but I'm sticking with Light!
I've actually been in Arcane and switched to light! I switched for the aesthetic, dominance, and eye type. Both are lovely, but I'm sticking with Light!
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
I liked Arcane a lot when I was there. it was quite a few years ago now (a frightening amount), but it was lovely. the eyes are so nice, also!
I liked Arcane a lot when I was there. it was quite a few years ago now (a frightening amount), but it was lovely. the eyes are so nice, also!
tumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo4_250.pngtumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo3_100.pngtumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo1_250.png
I appreciate the insight so much! I'm still considering, but now I'm leaning closer to Light. It's so frustrating that I can't solidly pick between the two!
The Arcane eyes are gorgeous, but at the same time, yellow eyes would fit my darker-colored dragons quite nicely.
Any further help on deciding is still appreciated. <3 Thanks for the help everyone.
I appreciate the insight so much! I'm still considering, but now I'm leaning closer to Light. It's so frustrating that I can't solidly pick between the two!
The Arcane eyes are gorgeous, but at the same time, yellow eyes would fit my darker-colored dragons quite nicely.
Any further help on deciding is still appreciated. <3 Thanks for the help everyone.