Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Strange Quirks: Tell Me!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
@Varekai god, i have the same issue with food. most especially lasagna and spaghetti and how they're goopy and just.. idk. i also don't like my food mixed. stuff like burgers and sandwiches, well, no

+ i tweak my ear very often, and i pinch my lips when i'm nervous. i'm also obsessed with milk tea and have a thing for dreadlocks
@Varekai god, i have the same issue with food. most especially lasagna and spaghetti and how they're goopy and just.. idk. i also don't like my food mixed. stuff like burgers and sandwiches, well, no

+ i tweak my ear very often, and i pinch my lips when i'm nervous. i'm also obsessed with milk tea and have a thing for dreadlocks
6VuUbwz.gif
[center]@salujas it feels like a violation against myself if i eat different textures in one go, my brain goes [img]http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/DoctorWhoGifss5/Doctor%20Who%20Gifs/ew.gif[/img] [img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f346/Lestats_Angel88/Doctor%20Who%20Gifs/ew.gif[/img] lol [/center]
@salujas
it feels like a violation against myself if i eat different textures in one go, my brain goes
ew.gif
ew.gif
lol
unROMY8.png
@Varekai oh my god yes i know the feeling laughs
@Varekai oh my god yes i know the feeling laughs
6VuUbwz.gif
Hmm well I tend to space out a lot when faced with indecision, in public if I see people acting lovey dovey I stare at or behind them without realizing it also if I am just looking somewhere and I notice someone else looking in my direction I will stare at them until something else attracts my attention.

I talk to myself when agitated I will also growl or hiss if I stub my toe on a wall or loose a battle in a game or realize I did something dumb.
If I am woken suddenly from sleep or just come out of a daydream/ space out thing, I can't understand speech for a few seconds I just stand there blinking until I slowly "wake up".

Most of the time i can't sit still need to be moving my hand or foot.
I tend to walk quietly so I often scare people on accident, I will talk to them or walk around a corner or get up from a chair and people seem to forget I am there and they jump.

I like to howl like a wolf in the shower, it just feels good like I am releasing a ball of stress or something.

My normal neutral face people think I am sad or angry and if I try to walk with a smile on my face in public people always ask if something is wrong or I look angry even though I am the happiest clam ever.

When people around me are upset or angry I tend to smile and I feel energized which is not helpful because people then assume I am laughing at them or something. I also get a big grin when someone else does something like take someone elses phone and it looks like I took it even though I didn't.

I get random energy spurts where I get super excited and I get the urge to jump around and play fight with someone or grab something from someone and run off with it wanting to run around.

I always feel hungry and crave some sort of food item even if I just ate, I also like to mix everything on my plate so it is all combined.

I also love the smell of wet cat fur, no idea why but to me that smells better than scented soaps or perfumes.

Shiny things attract my attention I don't want the shiny thing usually I just want to play with it.
Hmm well I tend to space out a lot when faced with indecision, in public if I see people acting lovey dovey I stare at or behind them without realizing it also if I am just looking somewhere and I notice someone else looking in my direction I will stare at them until something else attracts my attention.

I talk to myself when agitated I will also growl or hiss if I stub my toe on a wall or loose a battle in a game or realize I did something dumb.
If I am woken suddenly from sleep or just come out of a daydream/ space out thing, I can't understand speech for a few seconds I just stand there blinking until I slowly "wake up".

Most of the time i can't sit still need to be moving my hand or foot.
I tend to walk quietly so I often scare people on accident, I will talk to them or walk around a corner or get up from a chair and people seem to forget I am there and they jump.

I like to howl like a wolf in the shower, it just feels good like I am releasing a ball of stress or something.

My normal neutral face people think I am sad or angry and if I try to walk with a smile on my face in public people always ask if something is wrong or I look angry even though I am the happiest clam ever.

When people around me are upset or angry I tend to smile and I feel energized which is not helpful because people then assume I am laughing at them or something. I also get a big grin when someone else does something like take someone elses phone and it looks like I took it even though I didn't.

I get random energy spurts where I get super excited and I get the urge to jump around and play fight with someone or grab something from someone and run off with it wanting to run around.

I always feel hungry and crave some sort of food item even if I just ate, I also like to mix everything on my plate so it is all combined.

I also love the smell of wet cat fur, no idea why but to me that smells better than scented soaps or perfumes.

Shiny things attract my attention I don't want the shiny thing usually I just want to play with it.
oyTHbGN.png yKp0KRf.png N8sl46I.png
I will spends minutes gathering pepperoni off a pizza just so it doesn't take the cheese off. This both annoys and amuses my father since he is the one to eat the pepperonis.

When stressed or just having had too much sugar, I tend to run my tongue against my left canine tooth.
I will spends minutes gathering pepperoni off a pizza just so it doesn't take the cheese off. This both annoys and amuses my father since he is the one to eat the pepperonis.

When stressed or just having had too much sugar, I tend to run my tongue against my left canine tooth.
siggy.png
@Yamlicious @Jetzalcoatl I DO THAT TOO lol yay :D

and I also talk out loud whatever i happen to be thinking at that time when i look for it so i look pathetic.
I talk in my sleep and I ALWAYS have to have my blanket touching my face or else i can't fall asleep.

@Darkspookers Spaced-out is my natural state lol.
@Yamlicious @Jetzalcoatl I DO THAT TOO lol yay :D

and I also talk out loud whatever i happen to be thinking at that time when i look for it so i look pathetic.
I talk in my sleep and I ALWAYS have to have my blanket touching my face or else i can't fall asleep.

@Darkspookers Spaced-out is my natural state lol.
stormcatchersiggie_zps77a9946f.png
HHHHHhh okay well I have a lot and I have come to terms with most of them but still get a bit nervous talking about my habits so I'll limit myself here.

I make rumbling, burbling sounds. Often. Kind of like cat sounds, though not quite. Like, 'mrrao' or 'hhwr'. I make them mostly unconsciously, out of something like habit. It's kind of embarrassing. I've been raised with cats since I was Literally Born and it's a Thing.

Whenever I have to pass by someone, or get in someone's way, I kind-of-bow, like I dip my head at them, and generally touch or rub the bridge of my nose. I do not know why. I don't apologize, I don't say excuse me, I.. do that.

look s away
HHHHHhh okay well I have a lot and I have come to terms with most of them but still get a bit nervous talking about my habits so I'll limit myself here.

I make rumbling, burbling sounds. Often. Kind of like cat sounds, though not quite. Like, 'mrrao' or 'hhwr'. I make them mostly unconsciously, out of something like habit. It's kind of embarrassing. I've been raised with cats since I was Literally Born and it's a Thing.

Whenever I have to pass by someone, or get in someone's way, I kind-of-bow, like I dip my head at them, and generally touch or rub the bridge of my nose. I do not know why. I don't apologize, I don't say excuse me, I.. do that.

look s away
My most comfortable sitting position is my left leg tucked under me and my right leg bent up to my chest. I have to resist the urge to do it in classrooms and such.

Also, I'm not really sure if this counts as a weird quirk, but it's so ridiculously hard for me to finish a game/anime/whatever because something will catch my interest and I'll think obsessively about that instead. By the time I get back to the previous thing... I've totally forgotten what was happening or where I was!
My most comfortable sitting position is my left leg tucked under me and my right leg bent up to my chest. I have to resist the urge to do it in classrooms and such.

Also, I'm not really sure if this counts as a weird quirk, but it's so ridiculously hard for me to finish a game/anime/whatever because something will catch my interest and I'll think obsessively about that instead. By the time I get back to the previous thing... I've totally forgotten what was happening or where I was!
tumblr_inline_n5n14a0PhP1serro8.png
colorpack.png
Well, I apologize profusely at the drop of a hat. If I need to get by someone, I say "sorry" like twelve times at the least. If I accidentally step on your toe, you can expect no less than 5,000 apologies within the next minute.

I also do this weird thing with my hands whenever I'm walking around or standing still or just standing at all. I've heard it described as several things, including "raptor hands" "pterodactyl arms" and "rabbit paws." It's basically this.

@Extraterrestrial
I do some similar stuff. Like, I hiss when I'm startled. It's totally involuntary, and I'm guessing it has something to do with being around so many cats all the time. Plus the bowing. I bow when thanking someone, or saying goodbye to someone, or apologizing to someone(which makes for an interesting combo with my habit of tossing copious amounts of "sorry"s at people.)
Well, I apologize profusely at the drop of a hat. If I need to get by someone, I say "sorry" like twelve times at the least. If I accidentally step on your toe, you can expect no less than 5,000 apologies within the next minute.

I also do this weird thing with my hands whenever I'm walking around or standing still or just standing at all. I've heard it described as several things, including "raptor hands" "pterodactyl arms" and "rabbit paws." It's basically this.

@Extraterrestrial
I do some similar stuff. Like, I hiss when I'm startled. It's totally involuntary, and I'm guessing it has something to do with being around so many cats all the time. Plus the bowing. I bow when thanking someone, or saying goodbye to someone, or apologizing to someone(which makes for an interesting combo with my habit of tossing copious amounts of "sorry"s at people.)
BcHCvNB.png wTDRN3v.png
r2BMnDb.png
Uhm. It's not really strange but I play with my hair. All the time. I like to twirl it around my fingers, and then brush it across my lips. People think I'm eating or licking or smelling my hair. I'm not. I was just blessed with really soft natural hair and I adore feeling the texture.

I do not like salt on anything 'meant' to be sweet, or for anything sweet that is 'meant' to be salty. I do not like sweet potatoes, salt on watermelon, sweet chicken (like Asian food tends to do, though I do love Asian food), kettle corn (that sweet popcorn stuff), etc.

I also do not like mixing anything with fruit unless it is blended into the same texture. Like, smoothies are cool. Delish. Yum. But chocolate covered strawberries or cherries? Gross. In fact, I just don't really like any fruit mixed with chocolate in general. Like, that orange or cherry flavored chocolate...no.

It's kinda a nervous 'tick' sorta. I guess. But when I tend to pick at my scalp a lot. Like if I'm running my fingers through my hair and I find a bump, scab, piece of dead skin, I have to pick it off. Sometimes when I've got my anxiety running, I find myself purposely looking for bumps to pick at.

I like to scrape the film/texture off my teeth sometimes. Occasionally my tongue. It's gross, yes. But it's a thing I do. I do it in such a way where it looks like I'm trying to remove a lodged piece of meat or popcorn (which everyone understands), but usually, I'm just scraping at my teeth.

I sometimes subconsciously wiggle/flex my butt (nobody can see it) when I'm riding in a car. As if I'm trying to jump across the lines/cars/houses going by. I heard once a lot of people, as kids, imagine a guy running next to the car doing that. I'm doing butt hurdles over things. XD I also sometimes do this to music.

I'm addicted to smelling my own breath when no one is looking.

@Extraterrestrial
The cat sounds are adorable, don't be embarrassed. I love it when people do that. XD
I just make random noises sometimes. And faces. a lot. .w.

I do the bow/nod thing.

Funny story: I was going for a walk once, and passed by this field with a horse in it. The horse was staring at me. So I nodded at him politely as if he were a person. He nodded back in the exact same fashion, without breaking eye contact, and turned away as if to say 'okay she's cool guys no worries she did the secret head-nod' and I got really happy for no reason.
Uhm. It's not really strange but I play with my hair. All the time. I like to twirl it around my fingers, and then brush it across my lips. People think I'm eating or licking or smelling my hair. I'm not. I was just blessed with really soft natural hair and I adore feeling the texture.

I do not like salt on anything 'meant' to be sweet, or for anything sweet that is 'meant' to be salty. I do not like sweet potatoes, salt on watermelon, sweet chicken (like Asian food tends to do, though I do love Asian food), kettle corn (that sweet popcorn stuff), etc.

I also do not like mixing anything with fruit unless it is blended into the same texture. Like, smoothies are cool. Delish. Yum. But chocolate covered strawberries or cherries? Gross. In fact, I just don't really like any fruit mixed with chocolate in general. Like, that orange or cherry flavored chocolate...no.

It's kinda a nervous 'tick' sorta. I guess. But when I tend to pick at my scalp a lot. Like if I'm running my fingers through my hair and I find a bump, scab, piece of dead skin, I have to pick it off. Sometimes when I've got my anxiety running, I find myself purposely looking for bumps to pick at.

I like to scrape the film/texture off my teeth sometimes. Occasionally my tongue. It's gross, yes. But it's a thing I do. I do it in such a way where it looks like I'm trying to remove a lodged piece of meat or popcorn (which everyone understands), but usually, I'm just scraping at my teeth.

I sometimes subconsciously wiggle/flex my butt (nobody can see it) when I'm riding in a car. As if I'm trying to jump across the lines/cars/houses going by. I heard once a lot of people, as kids, imagine a guy running next to the car doing that. I'm doing butt hurdles over things. XD I also sometimes do this to music.

I'm addicted to smelling my own breath when no one is looking.

@Extraterrestrial
The cat sounds are adorable, don't be embarrassed. I love it when people do that. XD
I just make random noises sometimes. And faces. a lot. .w.

I do the bow/nod thing.

Funny story: I was going for a walk once, and passed by this field with a horse in it. The horse was staring at me. So I nodded at him politely as if he were a person. He nodded back in the exact same fashion, without breaking eye contact, and turned away as if to say 'okay she's cool guys no worries she did the secret head-nod' and I got really happy for no reason.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14