Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala 2021
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 53 54
Beautiful skins, gorgeous scene, love that apparel (need about 6 of them!) and the familiar is so cute! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [center][emoji=ice rune size=1][b]Happy Crystalline Gala![/b][emoji=ice rune size=1][/center]
Beautiful skins, gorgeous scene, love that apparel (need about 6 of them!) and the familiar is so cute!
Happy Crystalline Gala!
Image of a wolf, links to the LorWolf signup page.
THE WINGS
T H E. W I N G S.
THE WINGS
T H E. W I N G S.
[quote name="@Botanic" date="2021-01-24 10:28:26" ] Newbie question: How do I earn prismatic tokens for Joxar's shop? [/quote] you can brew them in Baldwin’s cauldron starting at level 16, you get one in every spare inventory crate (80kt in festive favors), and you can buy them from other players via the auction house! edit: someone already answered, sorry for the extraneous ping!! I hope you have a fun gala!
@Botanic wrote on 2021-01-24 10:28:26:
Newbie question: How do I earn prismatic tokens for Joxar's shop?

you can brew them in Baldwin’s cauldron starting at level 16, you get one in every spare inventory crate (80kt in festive favors), and you can buy them from other players via the auction house!

edit: someone already answered, sorry for the extraneous ping!! I hope you have a fun gala!
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
Everyone who wants to enjoy the Gala please skip my comment and keep having fun, you're all lovely and valid. This is for Staff and it's kind of a Downer response, so please ignore me. [quote name="Decres" date="2021-01-24 06:22:04" ] Aww I normally love this festival because it's almost guaranteed to have tundra accents but... I guess not this year![/quote] [quote name="Hoodies" date="2021-01-24 06:17:01" ] Awe, no Tundra accents :[ [/quote] [quote name="Ogord" date="2021-01-24 07:51:17" ] Sad to see no Tundra skins or accents[/quote] [quote name="Starstalker" date="2021-01-24 08:27:46" ] Not a single tundra accent during ice fest?[/quote] I don't even know what to say. Gorgeous skins & Apparel. Would have liked to have seen something else for the scene-- like a snowscape with trees. The familiar is my favorite part of this, actually, for Reasons and Things. Wings are too similar to Water's, though... Uncannily so. Though I get what you were going for. However. If you're gonna keep adding more breeds and then PRIORITIZING the new breeds having skins/accents then you need to increase the number of winners for the festivals. It is getting way out of hand. Someone I love dearly was distraught by the abandoning of Tundras but was too anxious to comment in this thread. People already don't like me, so I said I'll do it in my own words. So here we go. Tundra is Ice's [i]ORIGINAL[/i] breed, before all this [i]Ancient[/i] stuff, and is a [i]starter[/i] breed. Starter breeds should ALWAYS have skins/accents for their native festival, especially to keep this site [u]inviting to new players[/u]. Which I thought was your priority given how you threw old players under a bus with the changes to festival apparel some years ago. Overall just disappointed as I have been for years, now. My interest in this site died when you refused to make Accessible Changes for the Disabled, refused to tackle the bloated NIGHTMARE that is the Marketplace*, and refused to add any apparel to Ancients. Gaoler and Veilspun are two of my favorites, but no apparel Ever? This kind of defeats the entire point of the site. Now they're being prioritized over other breeds during festivals and it's making me even more bitter. I used to log in every single day, for years. Now I just sign in on the first day of a festival just to be disappointed and sign out again. I understand exactly what goes into retroactively adding apparel to them. I'm an artist and dev elsewhere who has dealt with similar circumstances. You built this on a spaghetti system when you were not sure what you'd be doing going forward, and now you're overwhelmed, and there isn't an easy solution. You don't have the resources. I know all about it. I understand. It isn't feasible for you to retroactively add old apparel. It would take you years, and it's more resource-smart to focus on moving forward. You can't pick and choose old sets because you can't make everyone happy. HOWEVER. I have one suggestion. At the very least, [b]ancients should be able to wear FESTIVAL APPAREL (including past ones) and select [u]event[/u] sets going forward.[/b] This way they are not completely alienated, there is very little of them to worry about acclimating, and doesn't open the door for, 'well you added This set why not THAT set?'. And yes, I know. Ancients have line-breaking genes. Artists are smart cookies. They can find a way to design a version of an apparel that might be able to avoid that problem, or else people are just going to have to accept that-- just like accents and skins-- they may have to pick a dragon with a different gene. That's just my sincere thoughts. Take it with a grain of salt. * Please make individual shops for different types of items and then separate the various apparel and special categories into their own unique tabs. Every other pet-site and avatar-site does this. It is 2021. You can still have rng cycling drop pools at these shops, that's how a certain other pet site did it. It wouldn't even be all that resource-heavy, and would make it easier on your team to have focus on specific categories instead of lumping it on the trash fire that is the Marketplace 'Apparel' and 'Special' tabs. The sooner you tackle this, the less of a headache it will be for you in the long-run. I haven't said much on here in a while for a bunch of fun reasons, and I expect my comment will probably be deleted. But, I hope you at least consider what I've said. Thank you. I hope everyone else can ignore my Debbie Downer and enjoy the Gala. Here's to a better year, I hope. Edit: Also YEAH I guess screw everyone born under Capricorn??? [img]https://i.imgur.com/OIt9j0y.jpg[/img]
Everyone who wants to enjoy the Gala please skip my comment and keep having fun, you're all lovely and valid. This is for Staff and it's kind of a Downer response, so please ignore me.

Decres wrote on 2021-01-24 06:22:04:
Aww I normally love this festival because it's almost guaranteed to have tundra accents but... I guess not this year!
Hoodies wrote on 2021-01-24 06:17:01:
Awe, no Tundra accents :[
Ogord wrote on 2021-01-24 07:51:17:
Sad to see no Tundra skins or accents
Starstalker wrote on 2021-01-24 08:27:46:
Not a single tundra accent during ice fest?

I don't even know what to say. Gorgeous skins & Apparel. Would have liked to have seen something else for the scene-- like a snowscape with trees. The familiar is my favorite part of this, actually, for Reasons and Things. Wings are too similar to Water's, though... Uncannily so. Though I get what you were going for.

However. If you're gonna keep adding more breeds and then PRIORITIZING the new breeds having skins/accents then you need to increase the number of winners for the festivals. It is getting way out of hand.

Someone I love dearly was distraught by the abandoning of Tundras but was too anxious to comment in this thread. People already don't like me, so I said I'll do it in my own words. So here we go.

Tundra is Ice's ORIGINAL breed, before all this Ancient stuff, and is a starter breed. Starter breeds should ALWAYS have skins/accents for their native festival, especially to keep this site inviting to new players. Which I thought was your priority given how you threw old players under a bus with the changes to festival apparel some years ago.

Overall just disappointed as I have been for years, now. My interest in this site died when you refused to make Accessible Changes for the Disabled, refused to tackle the bloated NIGHTMARE that is the Marketplace*, and refused to add any apparel to Ancients.

Gaoler and Veilspun are two of my favorites, but no apparel Ever? This kind of defeats the entire point of the site. Now they're being prioritized over other breeds during festivals and it's making me even more bitter. I used to log in every single day, for years. Now I just sign in on the first day of a festival just to be disappointed and sign out again.

I understand exactly what goes into retroactively adding apparel to them. I'm an artist and dev elsewhere who has dealt with similar circumstances. You built this on a spaghetti system when you were not sure what you'd be doing going forward, and now you're overwhelmed, and there isn't an easy solution. You don't have the resources. I know all about it. I understand. It isn't feasible for you to retroactively add old apparel. It would take you years, and it's more resource-smart to focus on moving forward.

You can't pick and choose old sets because you can't make everyone happy. HOWEVER. I have one suggestion. At the very least, ancients should be able to wear FESTIVAL APPAREL (including past ones) and select event sets going forward. This way they are not completely alienated, there is very little of them to worry about acclimating, and doesn't open the door for, 'well you added This set why not THAT set?'.

And yes, I know. Ancients have line-breaking genes. Artists are smart cookies. They can find a way to design a version of an apparel that might be able to avoid that problem, or else people are just going to have to accept that-- just like accents and skins-- they may have to pick a dragon with a different gene. That's just my sincere thoughts. Take it with a grain of salt.

* Please make individual shops for different types of items and then separate the various apparel and special categories into their own unique tabs. Every other pet-site and avatar-site does this. It is 2021.

You can still have rng cycling drop pools at these shops, that's how a certain other pet site did it. It wouldn't even be all that resource-heavy, and would make it easier on your team to have focus on specific categories instead of lumping it on the trash fire that is the Marketplace 'Apparel' and 'Special' tabs.

The sooner you tackle this, the less of a headache it will be for you in the long-run.

I haven't said much on here in a while for a bunch of fun reasons, and I expect my comment will probably be deleted. But, I hope you at least consider what I've said. Thank you.

I hope everyone else can ignore my Debbie Downer and enjoy the Gala. Here's to a better year, I hope.

Edit: Also YEAH I guess screw everyone born under Capricorn???
OIt9j0y.jpg
ikhT59F.gif NN9NPXA.pnglpuhiUf.png
z6T37Eh.pngiKLw7Zm.png
kCHWEjf.pngOBrKa68.png
AaYNmEX.pngMHHKqsF.png
3Atxu83.pngV3cpf29.png
FJPvoaD.gif Ml9OaAo.png
so beautiful O-O
so beautiful O-O
FD1rkPC.png
OH MY GOD THE SKINSSS
OH MY GOD THE SKINSSS
rBM002b.gifBcnmqQk.gifr6aND2D.png9aVxwZo.pngKOTMkxd.pnguCEnQTB.gifUTxhrgi.gif
No Tundra winners for the Ice Festival...? ): That's pretty sad.

Also, did you guys forget Capricorn exists? You kind of went from Scorpio to Aquarius with the familiars.
No Tundra winners for the Ice Festival...? ): That's pretty sad.

Also, did you guys forget Capricorn exists? You kind of went from Scorpio to Aquarius with the familiars.
[quote name="Autopsy" date="2021-01-24 12:01:08" ] [quote name="@Botanic" date="2021-01-24 10:28:26" ] Newbie question: How do I earn prismatic tokens for Joxar's shop? [/quote] you can brew them in Baldwin’s cauldron starting at level 16, you get one in every spare inventory crate (80kt in festive favors), and you can buy them from other players via the auction house! edit: someone already answered, sorry for the extraneous ping!! I hope you have a fun gala! [/quote] No worries! I appreciate the thorough answer
Autopsy wrote on 2021-01-24 12:01:08:
@Botanic wrote on 2021-01-24 10:28:26:
Newbie question: How do I earn prismatic tokens for Joxar's shop?

you can brew them in Baldwin’s cauldron starting at level 16, you get one in every spare inventory crate (80kt in festive favors), and you can buy them from other players via the auction house!

edit: someone already answered, sorry for the extraneous ping!! I hope you have a fun gala!

No worries! I appreciate the thorough answer
I'm with everyone who's frustrated with the lack of breed representation in their home flight's festival. As well as everyone who's pointed out the trend of selecting similar color palettes or skin theming over the years.

I look at a lot of these and I think, all right... Blue/white, check. A furry full skin, check. Ice chunks, check. It feels like a lot of creative options were passed over, and no Tundras at all. Deciding what's "best"/"good enough" to win is an entirely subjective matter, of course. But it just doesn't seem right to have nothing for one of a flight's own breeds. Having three Gaoler skins doesn't really make up for that. More breeds are being added, at least one per flight, for now, I'm assuming will be the case. That means even more dilution. Even more opportunity for people to be disappointed by the festival turnout. Adding a higher number of festival skins going forward really would be appreciated.

As well as the apparel... It really does feel oddly similar to a couple of existing ones. I suppose that's going to happen, and it IS pretty. A bit jarring against the previous theming of Ice apparel, but it's not bad to change things up, and it's got a nice delicate design.

The familiar is adorable. Leave them alone. They are perfect.
I do hope we get a Capricorn that's reasonably obtainable, though.
I'm with everyone who's frustrated with the lack of breed representation in their home flight's festival. As well as everyone who's pointed out the trend of selecting similar color palettes or skin theming over the years.

I look at a lot of these and I think, all right... Blue/white, check. A furry full skin, check. Ice chunks, check. It feels like a lot of creative options were passed over, and no Tundras at all. Deciding what's "best"/"good enough" to win is an entirely subjective matter, of course. But it just doesn't seem right to have nothing for one of a flight's own breeds. Having three Gaoler skins doesn't really make up for that. More breeds are being added, at least one per flight, for now, I'm assuming will be the case. That means even more dilution. Even more opportunity for people to be disappointed by the festival turnout. Adding a higher number of festival skins going forward really would be appreciated.

As well as the apparel... It really does feel oddly similar to a couple of existing ones. I suppose that's going to happen, and it IS pretty. A bit jarring against the previous theming of Ice apparel, but it's not bad to change things up, and it's got a nice delicate design.

The familiar is adorable. Leave them alone. They are perfect.
I do hope we get a Capricorn that's reasonably obtainable, though.
Thanks dad for another great festival!!
Thanks dad for another great festival!!
yes-****.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 53 54