Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Worst Video Game you ever played?
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23
spore, for the ds. I was so excited for the real spore on computer, but this abomination on ds was just... so bad omg

the game was incredibly buggy, keeping me from collecting all the parts, and took about 2-3 hours to finish
spore, for the ds. I was so excited for the real spore on computer, but this abomination on ds was just... so bad omg

the game was incredibly buggy, keeping me from collecting all the parts, and took about 2-3 hours to finish
ZVpCPil.png
I've not really played any games that I'd call truly bad, but the worst I've played was Spyro enter the dragonfly because of all the bugs and glitches, the clunkyness of the controls and animation and the ridiculously long loading times. I enjoyed it as a kid, but there's no way I'd be able to 100% it because it likes to freeze in certain places.
I've not really played any games that I'd call truly bad, but the worst I've played was Spyro enter the dragonfly because of all the bugs and glitches, the clunkyness of the controls and animation and the ridiculously long loading times. I enjoyed it as a kid, but there's no way I'd be able to 100% it because it likes to freeze in certain places.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
My worst game would be Dark Void for xbox 360. It just didnt make sense.
My worst game would be Dark Void for xbox 360. It just didnt make sense.
sims pets for the wii

thought i was gonna be playing sims with furries but no

edit: it was simanimals not sims pets
sims pets for the wii

thought i was gonna be playing sims with furries but no

edit: it was simanimals not sims pets
iceshieldr.png___

ERIDAN h03-icon-twinkle.gif HE/HIM h03-icon-twinkle.gif FR +8
if i remain lost & die on a cross
at least i wasn't born in a manger
Two games immediately come the mind. The first is an awful 3-D Pac-man game I got for the original DS. The controls were super clunky, the level designs were awful, and any engagement Pac-man might have had was totally lost between these two things.

The other one was also for DS, and it was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe tie-in game. Even for a tie-in game, it was bad. I don't even remember the plot, just that you ran around a bunch of dungeons with no plot, fought monsters, and that I beat it in about 4 hours and never touched it again.
Two games immediately come the mind. The first is an awful 3-D Pac-man game I got for the original DS. The controls were super clunky, the level designs were awful, and any engagement Pac-man might have had was totally lost between these two things.

The other one was also for DS, and it was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe tie-in game. Even for a tie-in game, it was bad. I don't even remember the plot, just that you ran around a bunch of dungeons with no plot, fought monsters, and that I beat it in about 4 hours and never touched it again.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
gex: enter the gecko for the N64. my god, gex. everything that could be wrong with a game was wrong with that game. it was a port of a PS1 game but it wasn't done well at all. it was mostly the camera and controls, which were stiff beyond compare. i never played the PS1 version, but i'm assuming that the camera was controlled by the left analog, which has a full 360-degree range of motion, whereas the N64's camera controls are restricted to the four yellow C buttons. it made getting the camera where you needed it to be just to SEE WHAT YOU WERE DOING impossible. the actual movement control had the opposite problem; you could only move in eight directions (along a compass) even though it should have had a 360-degree range of motion (this was a fully 3D world, a la super mario 64). also, the jump button had serious lag. it made some levels nearly impossible to beat.

plus it was just... ugly. looked thrown together at the last second (the port cut out a bunch of cutscenes, too) and the menus were black backgrounds with text slapped over them. i could recreate them in MS paint in like a minute.

not to mention gex randomly spouting movie quotes every five seconds quickly got VERY annoying.

...phew. sorry. i guess i had a lot to say about this game!
gex: enter the gecko for the N64. my god, gex. everything that could be wrong with a game was wrong with that game. it was a port of a PS1 game but it wasn't done well at all. it was mostly the camera and controls, which were stiff beyond compare. i never played the PS1 version, but i'm assuming that the camera was controlled by the left analog, which has a full 360-degree range of motion, whereas the N64's camera controls are restricted to the four yellow C buttons. it made getting the camera where you needed it to be just to SEE WHAT YOU WERE DOING impossible. the actual movement control had the opposite problem; you could only move in eight directions (along a compass) even though it should have had a 360-degree range of motion (this was a fully 3D world, a la super mario 64). also, the jump button had serious lag. it made some levels nearly impossible to beat.

plus it was just... ugly. looked thrown together at the last second (the port cut out a bunch of cutscenes, too) and the menus were black backgrounds with text slapped over them. i could recreate them in MS paint in like a minute.

not to mention gex randomly spouting movie quotes every five seconds quickly got VERY annoying.

...phew. sorry. i guess i had a lot to say about this game!
Oh, man, speaking of N64 games, I remember I used to have Hey You, Pikachu! for mine. When I was a kid, I really liked it, but when I revisited it a few years later, I realized it was just really bad. I think I hit the wall of no advancement when I got the piñata party and the voice controls were just so terrible, I couldn't get past it. The only thing that kept me going was the fishing game and the chance that I might, someday, catch a dratini. That never happened, though, and I STILL don't know where you were supposed to catch one.
Oh, man, speaking of N64 games, I remember I used to have Hey You, Pikachu! for mine. When I was a kid, I really liked it, but when I revisited it a few years later, I realized it was just really bad. I think I hit the wall of no advancement when I got the piñata party and the voice controls were just so terrible, I couldn't get past it. The only thing that kept me going was the fishing game and the chance that I might, someday, catch a dratini. That never happened, though, and I STILL don't know where you were supposed to catch one.
qyEE7cv.gif
@Hausdaddy

Aw man Petz 5 is one of my favorites, I still have it installed and play it as a twenty-year-old... but now I have a bunch of mods installed so it runs quite a bit differently and I have a lot of bizarre-looking pets. Once you figure out where the game files are installed, you can remove petz that are causing problems/crashes (and I've had a lot of experience with that, haha). I've even hexed a breedfile once and created a custom, working cat breed... the small petz fandom that's still around seems to prefer Petz 4, but between Catz 4 and Petz 5 (the two I own), I get more enjoyment out of 5 (but tons of childhood memories in 4!). To each their own, though!

anyways, enough rambling on my love of Petz. My least favorite was probably Transformers War for Cybertron (on PS3). I was really excited when I bought it, but the controls are really weird and annoying--you have to control where you're going with one stick and your field of vision with the other. The jump/shoot buttons were also strange, and I was just bumping into things, transforming at inappropriate times, and just floundering around the level. I only played it once since it confused me so much. The Transformers Animated game for DS was more enjoyable than WFC, but I do have a small TFA bias. In the end, I get my giant robot game fix from Dynasty Warriors Gundam, but I long for a good Transformers game....
@Hausdaddy

Aw man Petz 5 is one of my favorites, I still have it installed and play it as a twenty-year-old... but now I have a bunch of mods installed so it runs quite a bit differently and I have a lot of bizarre-looking pets. Once you figure out where the game files are installed, you can remove petz that are causing problems/crashes (and I've had a lot of experience with that, haha). I've even hexed a breedfile once and created a custom, working cat breed... the small petz fandom that's still around seems to prefer Petz 4, but between Catz 4 and Petz 5 (the two I own), I get more enjoyment out of 5 (but tons of childhood memories in 4!). To each their own, though!

anyways, enough rambling on my love of Petz. My least favorite was probably Transformers War for Cybertron (on PS3). I was really excited when I bought it, but the controls are really weird and annoying--you have to control where you're going with one stick and your field of vision with the other. The jump/shoot buttons were also strange, and I was just bumping into things, transforming at inappropriate times, and just floundering around the level. I only played it once since it confused me so much. The Transformers Animated game for DS was more enjoyable than WFC, but I do have a small TFA bias. In the end, I get my giant robot game fix from Dynasty Warriors Gundam, but I long for a good Transformers game....
Kai
He/him/his
FRT+3

tumblr_nity0dJX6D1tc28p3o7_100.png tumblr_inline_peunv8JYoB1royocv_500.png tumblr_nity0dJX6D1tc28p3o4_100.png

Clan Breezewings
Evil Twin.

I don't even know if it actually is a bad game. Maybe the story is great and the levels super fun. But I couldn't get the character to move where I wanted him to move and I got motion sickness in less than 5 minutes. Nearly threw the game in to the trash bin right then and there. It's unplayable to me.
Evil Twin.

I don't even know if it actually is a bad game. Maybe the story is great and the levels super fun. But I couldn't get the character to move where I wanted him to move and I got motion sickness in less than 5 minutes. Nearly threw the game in to the trash bin right then and there. It's unplayable to me.
Gah, need to update this some day. Hi, I'm in Shadow now.
spacedadbansmall.jpg
Hmmm....I feel old for mentioning this game. It wasn't really bad, I just couldn't figure out how to get forward in the game. Couldn't even beat the first boss. Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future was the name. It was a a shame because it was a really pretty game.
Hmmm....I feel old for mentioning this game. It wasn't really bad, I just couldn't figure out how to get forward in the game. Couldn't even beat the first boss. Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future was the name. It was a a shame because it was a really pretty game.
Selling
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23