Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Strange Quirks: Tell Me!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Um, there are a lot but I can't think of everything right now; - I often get up to pace around the apartment when I get something interesting to think about, sometimes I don't realize it until I'm already in the kitchen, it just happens, it did before I started typing this and it was difficult to force myself to get back here so I can actually type my thoughts down instead of just thinking everything over in my head and then not later feeling like replying anything because in my head it feels as if I'd already done so (by having imagined to) - I pace a lot in general, like if I'm waiting at a bus stop - My facial expressions are ridiculous, I look at videos of myself and I look so weird with all these fast changing ridiculous-looking expressions - Also found from videos of myself that I pretty much always look like I'm smiling when I'm speaking? And barely move my lips - This one's no fun, if someone tells me bad news, for some reason I involuntarily smile? I absolutely do NOT feel any kind of positive emotion about it but my face just twists into a smile and it is no fun at all - Also if I feel awkward/uncomfortable/anxious I may involuntarily smile and it's awful - I twirl my hair around my fingers in a specific way, I make this loop (that is firm but easy to disassemble just by pulling it back) and stroke it repeatedly, it depends but usually it has a really nice texture - I like to narrow my eyes & move my head slightly to play with the rays of light from lamps when it's dark - I like to tear at my fingernails with my other hand's fingernails - I sometimes click my teeth together in time with music or just otherwise too - I generally fidget a lot, too many individual things of this category to bother listing - I'm not too good at talking. I keep forgetting words somehow, and just not managing to get the words out (so there's typically a lot of pauses I hate it), and most of the time I can't get the words in the right order, repeat words, I can't think in words while I'm speaking/trying to speak/listening AND paying attention to speech (so I really don't understand it if someone would expect a person to be able to speak in a way that is grammatically correct, I think I may have heard that is a thing some people do??) sometimes I keep having to restart a sentence from the beginning - How I use English is shaped a lot by how I see other people use it, I catch on new sayings and such really fast and I kind of hate it. Around a month ago seemingly out of nowhere my mind suddenly started excessively using curses derived from Jesus' name and it annoyed me so much but it kept happening and happening, thankfully it seems to have toned down some by now - I'm very absent-minded and somewhat clumsy so because of this I often spill drinks, accidentally brush off objects to the floor from surfaces, send pieces of food flying when trying to cut a steak, stuff like that...sorry - I slap my forehead if I'm really frustrated or excited - I look at the ground most of the time when walking outside because I'm afraid of looking at people and them possibly noticing that I did and possibly thinking that I'd been staring at them, it's uncomfortable just looking in the direction of a stranger for a fraction of a second - If I'm excited about something with my brother, I'm probably going to be talking very loud and not noticing, and if it's really late then and I shouldn't he might tell me to be more quiet, so I try, but shortly after he tells me again to because somehow I can't keep track of it and had gotten loud again - Back when I used to sing/perform I would find myself involuntarily moving my hand to the back of my neck whenever I made a mistake - I often argue with myself in my mind over the tiniest things and it's a quite annoying, if I get some sudden really stupid/untrue/etc thought in my mind I have to argue against it, I suppose as a kind of 'proof' that it's not really what I think (and hope it doesn't reply anything more) even though it was produced by my mind but how do I even tell if something's an intrusive thought or not and then it might go down the meta cycle of was that my actual opinion but it's so ridiculous I would have so many contradictory opinions over so many things if they all were my opinions? - My laugh seems to be different every time - I have many sorts of consonant noises for 'annoyance', 'amusement', etc. I sometimes try to emulate those in text but idk if anyone gets what I mean with those. [quote name="Yamlicious" date="2014-06-16 22:52:09"]Whenever I cant find something in the kitchen like a measuring spoon or spice, I start walking around in tiny circles.. [/quote] I do that, too!
Um, there are a lot but I can't think of everything right now;

- I often get up to pace around the apartment when I get something interesting to think about, sometimes I don't realize it until I'm already in the kitchen, it just happens, it did before I started typing this and it was difficult to force myself to get back here so I can actually type my thoughts down instead of just thinking everything over in my head and then not later feeling like replying anything because in my head it feels as if I'd already done so (by having imagined to)
- I pace a lot in general, like if I'm waiting at a bus stop
- My facial expressions are ridiculous, I look at videos of myself and I look so weird with all these fast changing ridiculous-looking expressions
- Also found from videos of myself that I pretty much always look like I'm smiling when I'm speaking? And barely move my lips
- This one's no fun, if someone tells me bad news, for some reason I involuntarily smile? I absolutely do NOT feel any kind of positive emotion about it but my face just twists into a smile and it is no fun at all
- Also if I feel awkward/uncomfortable/anxious I may involuntarily smile and it's awful
- I twirl my hair around my fingers in a specific way, I make this loop (that is firm but easy to disassemble just by pulling it back) and stroke it repeatedly, it depends but usually it has a really nice texture
- I like to narrow my eyes & move my head slightly to play with the rays of light from lamps when it's dark
- I like to tear at my fingernails with my other hand's fingernails
- I sometimes click my teeth together in time with music or just otherwise too
- I generally fidget a lot, too many individual things of this category to bother listing
- I'm not too good at talking. I keep forgetting words somehow, and just not managing to get the words out (so there's typically a lot of pauses I hate it), and most of the time I can't get the words in the right order, repeat words, I can't think in words while I'm speaking/trying to speak/listening AND paying attention to speech (so I really don't understand it if someone would expect a person to be able to speak in a way that is grammatically correct, I think I may have heard that is a thing some people do??) sometimes I keep having to restart a sentence from the beginning
- How I use English is shaped a lot by how I see other people use it, I catch on new sayings and such really fast and I kind of hate it. Around a month ago seemingly out of nowhere my mind suddenly started excessively using curses derived from Jesus' name and it annoyed me so much but it kept happening and happening, thankfully it seems to have toned down some by now
- I'm very absent-minded and somewhat clumsy so because of this I often spill drinks, accidentally brush off objects to the floor from surfaces, send pieces of food flying when trying to cut a steak, stuff like that...sorry
- I slap my forehead if I'm really frustrated or excited
- I look at the ground most of the time when walking outside because I'm afraid of looking at people and them possibly noticing that I did and possibly thinking that I'd been staring at them, it's uncomfortable just looking in the direction of a stranger for a fraction of a second
- If I'm excited about something with my brother, I'm probably going to be talking very loud and not noticing, and if it's really late then and I shouldn't he might tell me to be more quiet, so I try, but shortly after he tells me again to because somehow I can't keep track of it and had gotten loud again
- Back when I used to sing/perform I would find myself involuntarily moving my hand to the back of my neck whenever I made a mistake
- I often argue with myself in my mind over the tiniest things and it's a quite annoying, if I get some sudden really stupid/untrue/etc thought in my mind I have to argue against it, I suppose as a kind of 'proof' that it's not really what I think (and hope it doesn't reply anything more) even though it was produced by my mind but how do I even tell if something's an intrusive thought or not and then it might go down the meta cycle of was that my actual opinion but it's so ridiculous I would have so many contradictory opinions over so many things if they all were my opinions?
- My laugh seems to be different every time
- I have many sorts of consonant noises for 'annoyance', 'amusement', etc. I sometimes try to emulate those in text but idk if anyone gets what I mean with those.
Yamlicious wrote on 2014-06-16 22:52:09:
Whenever I cant find something in the kitchen like a measuring spoon or spice, I start walking around in tiny circles..
I do that, too!
sIaDdlY.png
-I interrupt people sometimes, usually if i want them to repeat something or I want to interject. It's a habit I've had since I was a kid and personally find annoying of myself, but I can't actually seem to stop it. Usually, I'll say something along the lines of wait, right before though... and then spiel.

-Otherwise.. I'm very introverted so in general if I don't know someone very well, though if someone starts randomly talking about subjects I'm interested in I'm ok I tend to be very, very quiet around people I don't know. It's not as bad as it was in college when I rarely talked to people though.

-I talk to myself out loud all the time, including in public.

- I've also been known to randomly start singing in public or if I don't want to disturb someone like if I'm on the bus I'll usually start lip syncing whatever I want to sing.

- If I'm nervous or in some cases angry I tend to become very quiet. It's pretty evident in large friend groups because I end up being the only person not speaking at all a lot of the time.
Likewise.. if someone gets me going on a subject I'm interested in I tend to chatter incessantly.... If I find someone I click on in a large friend group I also tend to latch on to that person in general though. Granted, i'm very, very introverted and always have been so that may be a product of that.

-I bite my nails.
-I interrupt people sometimes, usually if i want them to repeat something or I want to interject. It's a habit I've had since I was a kid and personally find annoying of myself, but I can't actually seem to stop it. Usually, I'll say something along the lines of wait, right before though... and then spiel.

-Otherwise.. I'm very introverted so in general if I don't know someone very well, though if someone starts randomly talking about subjects I'm interested in I'm ok I tend to be very, very quiet around people I don't know. It's not as bad as it was in college when I rarely talked to people though.

-I talk to myself out loud all the time, including in public.

- I've also been known to randomly start singing in public or if I don't want to disturb someone like if I'm on the bus I'll usually start lip syncing whatever I want to sing.

- If I'm nervous or in some cases angry I tend to become very quiet. It's pretty evident in large friend groups because I end up being the only person not speaking at all a lot of the time.
Likewise.. if someone gets me going on a subject I'm interested in I tend to chatter incessantly.... If I find someone I click on in a large friend group I also tend to latch on to that person in general though. Granted, i'm very, very introverted and always have been so that may be a product of that.

-I bite my nails.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.- Le petit prince.
- I can sleep pretty much anywhere, as long as it's not super loud, and I'm tired. Even in positions most people would find uncomfortable.

- Sometimes when listening to music, even just instrumental stuff, I'll kind of voice along to it? Like I'll try to imitate what it sounds like. If that makes sense?

- I'm extremely shy about asking to get anything that costs money, and now since I have a debit card, I'm going to continue to be nervous about using up money. Though if I really want it, like how I really wanted to see HTTYD2, I wasn't that nervous about asking about going to see it. But if it's not really important to me I'll be nervous about it I guess?

- Most of the time I can almost always eat. I am an endless hole. Feed me food and we'll be friends. Oh, I just ate and am really full? Too bad, that was five minutes ago.

- I'm constantly listening to music, even if it stuff I like and am replaying in my head. Or just coming up with music in my head when my iPod, computer, or phone isn't available.
- I can sleep pretty much anywhere, as long as it's not super loud, and I'm tired. Even in positions most people would find uncomfortable.

- Sometimes when listening to music, even just instrumental stuff, I'll kind of voice along to it? Like I'll try to imitate what it sounds like. If that makes sense?

- I'm extremely shy about asking to get anything that costs money, and now since I have a debit card, I'm going to continue to be nervous about using up money. Though if I really want it, like how I really wanted to see HTTYD2, I wasn't that nervous about asking about going to see it. But if it's not really important to me I'll be nervous about it I guess?

- Most of the time I can almost always eat. I am an endless hole. Feed me food and we'll be friends. Oh, I just ate and am really full? Too bad, that was five minutes ago.

- I'm constantly listening to music, even if it stuff I like and am replaying in my head. Or just coming up with music in my head when my iPod, computer, or phone isn't available.
(they/them/their or ve/ver/vis)
9.png5.png3.png
Im finding these quirks kinda cute haha

Well I have quite a few.
I tend to shake my head quickly if I do something incorrectly. Its like a dog shaking water off, except human... I do it when I suddenly workout/realise things too.

While drawing I tend to mangle my face into whatever expression I am drawing. If i'm drawing an angry face, I will make an grumpy face. I never noticed until my friend started laughing at me while drawing. ;u;

I clap my hands like a seal when I find something tremendously funny, and its terrible because my claps can be loud sometimes :')
Im finding these quirks kinda cute haha

Well I have quite a few.
I tend to shake my head quickly if I do something incorrectly. Its like a dog shaking water off, except human... I do it when I suddenly workout/realise things too.

While drawing I tend to mangle my face into whatever expression I am drawing. If i'm drawing an angry face, I will make an grumpy face. I never noticed until my friend started laughing at me while drawing. ;u;

I clap my hands like a seal when I find something tremendously funny, and its terrible because my claps can be loud sometimes :')
fr_siggy_by_rintiq-dc8fbdd.gif
I have a lot of them, I just can't think of them all.

- I pace around when I have to talk to people or present things and often rub the back of my neck with my hand, too. My classmates love pointing this out to me... I also pace around endlessly when I'm bored.

- When I'm in pain I laugh. Well, when the pain is minor like if someone is hitting me. I doubt I would laugh if something serious happened to me... xD

- I say sorry for almost everything, even things I didnt do...

- I sometimes look sad or angry when I'm actually happy.

- I often argue with myself in my thoughts about various things.
I have a lot of them, I just can't think of them all.

- I pace around when I have to talk to people or present things and often rub the back of my neck with my hand, too. My classmates love pointing this out to me... I also pace around endlessly when I'm bored.

- When I'm in pain I laugh. Well, when the pain is minor like if someone is hitting me. I doubt I would laugh if something serious happened to me... xD

- I say sorry for almost everything, even things I didnt do...

- I sometimes look sad or angry when I'm actually happy.

- I often argue with myself in my thoughts about various things.
.gif.gif.gif.gif Aren't they cute?
arguably it's because of my ocd (wherein i Cannot Touch anything) but

my hands are almost constantly touching

linked/entwined, steepeled, clasped, just fingers touching, etc

+ then i also shift. a lot

when i'm talkin to somebody i'll just kind of. shift like i'm gonna lose my balance + then suddenly ~regain~ it again

+ then it's like ???

either i'm pigeon footed (actually i'm p sure i'm pigeon footed but) or it's just. super uncomfortable to sit and/or stand w my feet together + i usually have them either tucked behind one another or spread apart + pointed at each other

which is

bein pigeon footed but then there's the 'one foot behind the other' thing so

+ instead of just. turning around like a Normal person i spin

which has prolly a. 80% chance of endin w me stumblin but i usually manage to not to so ???

+ this isn't Strange per say but

i bite my lip + fold my lips constantly. like u kno the kind of ?? ~false smile~ thing ??? ye. that

but i'm really v expressive so i mean
arguably it's because of my ocd (wherein i Cannot Touch anything) but

my hands are almost constantly touching

linked/entwined, steepeled, clasped, just fingers touching, etc

+ then i also shift. a lot

when i'm talkin to somebody i'll just kind of. shift like i'm gonna lose my balance + then suddenly ~regain~ it again

+ then it's like ???

either i'm pigeon footed (actually i'm p sure i'm pigeon footed but) or it's just. super uncomfortable to sit and/or stand w my feet together + i usually have them either tucked behind one another or spread apart + pointed at each other

which is

bein pigeon footed but then there's the 'one foot behind the other' thing so

+ instead of just. turning around like a Normal person i spin

which has prolly a. 80% chance of endin w me stumblin but i usually manage to not to so ???

+ this isn't Strange per say but

i bite my lip + fold my lips constantly. like u kno the kind of ?? ~false smile~ thing ??? ye. that

but i'm really v expressive so i mean
ivan, it/he pronouns
When consentrating, i narrate my actions out loud
When consentrating, i narrate my actions out loud
i dont notice my own quirks a whole lot, but my "neutral" face is usually a really hard frown and pursing my lips. i dont realise i do it sometimes and end up with a really sore face :^/
also i seperate my food on my plate before eating or when dishing it up. certain things just cannot touch or they immediately become inedible.
i dont notice my own quirks a whole lot, but my "neutral" face is usually a really hard frown and pursing my lips. i dont realise i do it sometimes and end up with a really sore face :^/
also i seperate my food on my plate before eating or when dishing it up. certain things just cannot touch or they immediately become inedible.
kTMJz3r.png

thanks arcanist
[quote name="Yamlicious" date="2014-06-16 22:52:09"]Whenever I cant find something in the kitchen like a measuring spoon or spice, I start walking around in tiny circles.. I call it my buffering movement[/quote] Haha, I do a similar thing, except I stand still and make tiny circles with my index finger in the air.
Yamlicious wrote on 2014-06-16 22:52:09:
Whenever I cant find something in the kitchen like a measuring spoon or spice, I start walking around in tiny circles.. I call it my buffering movement

Haha, I do a similar thing, except I stand still and make tiny circles with my index finger in the air.
ArsylianSig.png
Well, here's a few that are pointed out to me from friends and/or family:

- When I'm tired or nervous I will twist the hair on top of my head around my index or middle finger. Been doing so since I was just a toddler, apparently. But I seem to only do so when I'm in a familiar place, otherwise I just chew on my bottom lip.

- When I'm thinking, incredibly stressed, or bored I will chew the insides of my cheeks. I've been trying to get rid of the habit, because when I'm extremely stressed I will literally bite until I've drawn blood. And then the inside of my mouth becomes raw and just overall it's not a healthy quirk.

- If I get hungry, I'll hang around the kitchen but I won't make anything to eat. I'll open the fridge and freezer multiple times to look at what is available, and after circling the island a couple of times I'll usually just go back to where I'm most comfortable in the house.

- I have an issue with repeating what I say if I feel I've said it incorrectly. Apparently many people find this annoying, so I've been trying to work on it.

- Out in public, I tend to rub the fingers of my left hand together as I'm walking... if my hands aren't in my pockets, at least. Just recently, I was made aware of this one.

- I tend to make faces while I'm trying to draw specific expressions, or at least that used to be the case when I drew more frequently. I'm told this happens with a lot of people who draw, heh.

- As I'm playing games, I put on music in my headphones and end up mimicking my characters' movements to the general rhythm of the song. My brothers say I'm fairly good at videogames (when I used to play more), but little do they know that's my ultimate secret. If I can't have music playing in my ears, I'll remember some in my head. Of course, if it's a game I haven't played, I tend to not have any music going on as I want to explore the game to its fullest.

- If I get spooked in a game or am surprised, I have a habit of pressing the fire button... or if the buttons are different for whichever game I'm playing, it'll sometimes be the grenade button. My videogame deaths are usually comprised of accidental suicides or in the case of Left for Dead, end up having the most friendly fire incidents ^^;.
Well, here's a few that are pointed out to me from friends and/or family:

- When I'm tired or nervous I will twist the hair on top of my head around my index or middle finger. Been doing so since I was just a toddler, apparently. But I seem to only do so when I'm in a familiar place, otherwise I just chew on my bottom lip.

- When I'm thinking, incredibly stressed, or bored I will chew the insides of my cheeks. I've been trying to get rid of the habit, because when I'm extremely stressed I will literally bite until I've drawn blood. And then the inside of my mouth becomes raw and just overall it's not a healthy quirk.

- If I get hungry, I'll hang around the kitchen but I won't make anything to eat. I'll open the fridge and freezer multiple times to look at what is available, and after circling the island a couple of times I'll usually just go back to where I'm most comfortable in the house.

- I have an issue with repeating what I say if I feel I've said it incorrectly. Apparently many people find this annoying, so I've been trying to work on it.

- Out in public, I tend to rub the fingers of my left hand together as I'm walking... if my hands aren't in my pockets, at least. Just recently, I was made aware of this one.

- I tend to make faces while I'm trying to draw specific expressions, or at least that used to be the case when I drew more frequently. I'm told this happens with a lot of people who draw, heh.

- As I'm playing games, I put on music in my headphones and end up mimicking my characters' movements to the general rhythm of the song. My brothers say I'm fairly good at videogames (when I used to play more), but little do they know that's my ultimate secret. If I can't have music playing in my ears, I'll remember some in my head. Of course, if it's a game I haven't played, I tend to not have any music going on as I want to explore the game to its fullest.

- If I get spooked in a game or am surprised, I have a habit of pressing the fire button... or if the buttons are different for whichever game I'm playing, it'll sometimes be the grenade button. My videogame deaths are usually comprised of accidental suicides or in the case of Left for Dead, end up having the most friendly fire incidents ^^;.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14