Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Selling Hatchlings for Treasure or Gems?
Hey guys!

I recently purchased a couple of dragons on the AH (paid for with gems) and I'm breeding them together. Should I sell their babies with a gem price or treasure price? I'm just not sure what is a deciding factor in whether they should cost gems or treasure. Could use some advice, thanks in advance !
Hey guys!

I recently purchased a couple of dragons on the AH (paid for with gems) and I'm breeding them together. Should I sell their babies with a gem price or treasure price? I'm just not sure what is a deciding factor in whether they should cost gems or treasure. Could use some advice, thanks in advance !
It depends on the in-game economy, but for now I would go with treasure, for two reasons:
  1. Lately I've found that dragons simply aren't selling for gems. People are saving up for NotN, and there's going to be a new gem ancient soon, so players are a bit more reluctant to spend gems right now.
  2. Gem inflation has gone up recently due to the aforementioned gem saving. The gem-to-treasure ratio used to be 1:1000, but now I think it's like 1:1300. So if you sell them for gems now you won't be getting as many as you would have a few months ago, and it's entirely possible that inflation could go back down to normal by January or February. (Or it could stay like this indefinitely, in which case you can ignore this point.)

Ultimately, though, it's best to sell for whichever currency you need more of. If you really do need gems, you should sell for gems. They can be really hard to earn at first, and selling dragons on the AH is the most reliable method for a new player.

Edit: typo
It depends on the in-game economy, but for now I would go with treasure, for two reasons:
  1. Lately I've found that dragons simply aren't selling for gems. People are saving up for NotN, and there's going to be a new gem ancient soon, so players are a bit more reluctant to spend gems right now.
  2. Gem inflation has gone up recently due to the aforementioned gem saving. The gem-to-treasure ratio used to be 1:1000, but now I think it's like 1:1300. So if you sell them for gems now you won't be getting as many as you would have a few months ago, and it's entirely possible that inflation could go back down to normal by January or February. (Or it could stay like this indefinitely, in which case you can ignore this point.)

Ultimately, though, it's best to sell for whichever currency you need more of. If you really do need gems, you should sell for gems. They can be really hard to earn at first, and selling dragons on the AH is the most reliable method for a new player.

Edit: typo
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
speaking from personal experience, treasure. selling with gems is just harder, since you can't undercut people as easily to make sure your fodder's the first thing people see. treasure yo can just sell 1t lower than the current lah and your fodder will sell super quick.

also super unrelated but our ids are super similiar! yours is 423027 and mine's 432025 :)
speaking from personal experience, treasure. selling with gems is just harder, since you can't undercut people as easily to make sure your fodder's the first thing people see. treasure yo can just sell 1t lower than the current lah and your fodder will sell super quick.

also super unrelated but our ids are super similiar! yours is 423027 and mine's 432025 :)
Untitled241.png
I usually have better luck selling for treasure and that's usually what I need (it just always seems to disappear so quick! As I rarely spend gems) but you should sell for whatever currency you want at that time. From my experience and what my friends have said, we all usually look at treasure only in the AH unless we're looking for something specific.
I usually have better luck selling for treasure and that's usually what I need (it just always seems to disappear so quick! As I rarely spend gems) but you should sell for whatever currency you want at that time. From my experience and what my friends have said, we all usually look at treasure only in the AH unless we're looking for something specific.
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gif
    TATI
    SHE/HER
    FR+2
    I breed too many dragons for my own good
I sell for gems but I anticipate holding onto them till theyre adults and selling at hatchling prices. Now this doesnt bother me, as I can basically breed dragons whenever I want a few gems. Its free money just takes a bit of time and space. However I rarely price things higher than fodder prices unless the hatchling is exceptionally pretty
I sell for gems but I anticipate holding onto them till theyre adults and selling at hatchling prices. Now this doesnt bother me, as I can basically breed dragons whenever I want a few gems. Its free money just takes a bit of time and space. However I rarely price things higher than fodder prices unless the hatchling is exceptionally pretty
3d4d1f39dd1ef44ed0f2069a9e3a93ec64f05876.png
Thanks everyone for the advice !! <3
Thanks everyone for the advice !! <3