Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anybody like to cook/bake?
1 2
i'm a culinary student, so i'm always interested in sharing and trying out new recipes c:
i'm a culinary student, so i'm always interested in sharing and trying out new recipes c:
I absolutely love cooking and baking. I'm a stress baker mostly, when the going gets tough, the tough get baking after all :)

No but seriously, I do enjoy cooking and baking (I'd probably have made a good culinary student if my parents had been willing to pay for that education. As it is, they think my English major is a waist of money unless I get a job they pick for me. Yes, my parents are very controlling.)

What's your favorite thing to make?
I absolutely love cooking and baking. I'm a stress baker mostly, when the going gets tough, the tough get baking after all :)

No but seriously, I do enjoy cooking and baking (I'd probably have made a good culinary student if my parents had been willing to pay for that education. As it is, they think my English major is a waist of money unless I get a job they pick for me. Yes, my parents are very controlling.)

What's your favorite thing to make?
@birdteeth I love cooking :) and the love of it came from growing up in an Italian-American household

@KayTheHawk --fellow English major here. Though I graduated two years ago. Pick your own path with it, it can be difficult figuring out where to go but when you do it'll be worth it. :)

And I had thought about going into culinary, but the thought of spending holidays without my family was too much to think about.
@birdteeth I love cooking :) and the love of it came from growing up in an Italian-American household

@KayTheHawk --fellow English major here. Though I graduated two years ago. Pick your own path with it, it can be difficult figuring out where to go but when you do it'll be worth it. :)

And I had thought about going into culinary, but the thought of spending holidays without my family was too much to think about.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/XizlKJ5.png[/img[/img]2XVuCCS.png
@RaenHale Hi! Yeah, I'm pretty much going to go into retail and write novels on my own time, I've already got a couple of finished works, but nothing polished yet.
@RaenHale Hi! Yeah, I'm pretty much going to go into retail and write novels on my own time, I've already got a couple of finished works, but nothing polished yet.
@KayTheHawk Thats awesome! I ended up writing a manuscript during NaNoWriMo 2 years ago when I graduated and Im working on editing that. But as of now Im working as an Editor for a media company, so I can write in my spare time :)
@KayTheHawk Thats awesome! I ended up writing a manuscript during NaNoWriMo 2 years ago when I graduated and Im working on editing that. But as of now Im working as an Editor for a media company, so I can write in my spare time :)
@KayTheHawk i love making cakes, personally! and i love frosting/decorating them. my hand is still a little unsteady with the chocolate piping but i can do a mean drapery with fondant ;)

@RaenHale i'm honestly a little unsure about what i want to do once i graduate for precisely that reason... i guess it's a little unrealistic to want a less demanding culinary job (as in, not 80 hours a week) but i'm sure it's out there...
@KayTheHawk i love making cakes, personally! and i love frosting/decorating them. my hand is still a little unsteady with the chocolate piping but i can do a mean drapery with fondant ;)

@RaenHale i'm honestly a little unsure about what i want to do once i graduate for precisely that reason... i guess it's a little unrealistic to want a less demanding culinary job (as in, not 80 hours a week) but i'm sure it's out there...
@birdteeth my cousin's husband is looking into opening his own restaurant in Philly. I mean it's tough opening your own business and having it be successful enough as a full time job, but it is an option, then you can control the hours and be with your family on holidays and such.

As for me, my specialties are my personal blend of spices for ramen, tea (I make the best damn tea and hot chocolate ever!), and any cookie/bread/cake/desert recipe I can get my hands on. I recently made some mean chocolate mousse. I mean just delicious!
@birdteeth my cousin's husband is looking into opening his own restaurant in Philly. I mean it's tough opening your own business and having it be successful enough as a full time job, but it is an option, then you can control the hours and be with your family on holidays and such.

As for me, my specialties are my personal blend of spices for ramen, tea (I make the best damn tea and hot chocolate ever!), and any cookie/bread/cake/desert recipe I can get my hands on. I recently made some mean chocolate mousse. I mean just delicious!
@KayTheHawk uhm...I want chocolate mousse. Thanks.

I dabble in a bunch of different foody types. Im learning to cook Indian food, my best friends mom (practically my second mom) is Indian and I absolutely love her cooking. Though she uses *all* fresh ingredients and the closest place to get them all is an hour away x.x
@KayTheHawk uhm...I want chocolate mousse. Thanks.

I dabble in a bunch of different foody types. Im learning to cook Indian food, my best friends mom (practically my second mom) is Indian and I absolutely love her cooking. Though she uses *all* fresh ingredients and the closest place to get them all is an hour away x.x
@RaenHale That sounds amazing! My dad recently started working with a bunch of Indian people up at PennDOT and we're pretty much hooked on naan, I wouldn't mind learning how to make more, I like learning about cultural foods like that. I should probably start with German dishes though, since I'm actually German and I absolutely love schnitzel with noodles, ugh and lamb, I had the absolute best lamb from a little Turkish food joint in Vienna. (Uh...yeah...might have done a semester abroad in Gaming, Austria...doesn't mean I can speak German, it's technically a campus owned and operated by Franciscan University of Steubenville that happens to be in a 600 year old monastery in Gaming, Austria.)
@RaenHale That sounds amazing! My dad recently started working with a bunch of Indian people up at PennDOT and we're pretty much hooked on naan, I wouldn't mind learning how to make more, I like learning about cultural foods like that. I should probably start with German dishes though, since I'm actually German and I absolutely love schnitzel with noodles, ugh and lamb, I had the absolute best lamb from a little Turkish food joint in Vienna. (Uh...yeah...might have done a semester abroad in Gaming, Austria...doesn't mean I can speak German, it's technically a campus owned and operated by Franciscan University of Steubenville that happens to be in a 600 year old monastery in Gaming, Austria.)
@KayTheHawk turkish lamb!!! if there's one thing we turks know how to cook, it's lamb c:
@KayTheHawk turkish lamb!!! if there's one thing we turks know how to cook, it's lamb c:
1 2