Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Breeds Ideas
Some ideas for some new breeds and possibly some other things.

First, maybe a breed with a wyrm or serpent-like shape, similar to that of a spiral, but with a more snake-like appearance. For example, like a basilisk. (Think of the basilisk from Harry Potter in a way as a shape) Perhaps they have natural poison? Or they can have a lore similar to that of Imperials where they are a failed attempt at creating life. Windsinger made the spirals, right? What if these basilisk-like breeds were a prototype of spirals and went horribly wrong?

What about a breed that looks like the Stormcatcher, with mantis/insect-like limbs and wings. None of the breeds we have really have that, except possibly Faes if you wanna really stretch it.

A water breed would be nice too. The closest we have are really Guardians, but they don't really have that aquatic look to them. Maybe a breed with the appearance similar to a whale, shark, or sea turtle? Eel perhaps?

Not once have we heard of kirins. It could become a familiar, but it could also be a dragon breed too. It could have a horse-like mane or something like that of an Imperial or a Gaoler.

No desert dragons sadly. Maybe one with a scorpion tail or the frill of a frilled lizard? It could be the result of the Earthshaker like Snappers.
Some ideas for some new breeds and possibly some other things.

First, maybe a breed with a wyrm or serpent-like shape, similar to that of a spiral, but with a more snake-like appearance. For example, like a basilisk. (Think of the basilisk from Harry Potter in a way as a shape) Perhaps they have natural poison? Or they can have a lore similar to that of Imperials where they are a failed attempt at creating life. Windsinger made the spirals, right? What if these basilisk-like breeds were a prototype of spirals and went horribly wrong?

What about a breed that looks like the Stormcatcher, with mantis/insect-like limbs and wings. None of the breeds we have really have that, except possibly Faes if you wanna really stretch it.

A water breed would be nice too. The closest we have are really Guardians, but they don't really have that aquatic look to them. Maybe a breed with the appearance similar to a whale, shark, or sea turtle? Eel perhaps?

Not once have we heard of kirins. It could become a familiar, but it could also be a dragon breed too. It could have a horse-like mane or something like that of an Imperial or a Gaoler.

No desert dragons sadly. Maybe one with a scorpion tail or the frill of a frilled lizard? It could be the result of the Earthshaker like Snappers.
OuDych9.png (c)UserOfShadows
I'd say Imperials look a lot like qilin as they are, especially about the antlers and the face. As for a dragon that looks like Stormcatcher, we're about to get dragons with insect wings as our next ancient breed by the looks of it! [img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/trytryagain.png[/img] No bug legs though, sadly. Since they are an ancient, it would be super cool if we had some more insect-like line breaking terts. I'm all for more insect-like dragons in general, but I'd say aside from the legs, I wouldn't want it to really look like Stormcatcher, just because the Ridgebacks already have an extremely similar face and body type to him. Snappers and Ridgebacks are actually both from the desert, and Snappers really remind me of a desert tortoise. Frilled lizard sounds interesting, though we do have fae with very distinctive frills too! It's not a 1-1 thing, but we do also have scorpion-like tails thanks to a tert gene on Gaolers, but they don't have barbs... I'd absolutely love another water breed though. Something like a shark or whale would be super cool! And something like a basilisk or wyrm for an ancient breed would be great to see. I'm just done with legs. sick of em. I don't think the devs would go with basilisks being a failed first attempt by Windsinger though. They've said they wanna focus on the flights that don't already have two breeds right now, and Wind has spirals and skydancers. Something slithering and venomous might be really fitting for Nature or Shadow though!
I'd say Imperials look a lot like qilin as they are, especially about the antlers and the face.

As for a dragon that looks like Stormcatcher, we're about to get dragons with insect wings as our next ancient breed by the looks of it!
trytryagain.png
No bug legs though, sadly. Since they are an ancient, it would be super cool if we had some more insect-like line breaking terts. I'm all for more insect-like dragons in general, but I'd say aside from the legs, I wouldn't want it to really look like Stormcatcher, just because the Ridgebacks already have an extremely similar face and body type to him.

Snappers and Ridgebacks are actually both from the desert, and Snappers really remind me of a desert tortoise. Frilled lizard sounds interesting, though we do have fae with very distinctive frills too! It's not a 1-1 thing, but we do also have scorpion-like tails thanks to a tert gene on Gaolers, but they don't have barbs...

I'd absolutely love another water breed though. Something like a shark or whale would be super cool! And something like a basilisk or wyrm for an ancient breed would be great to see. I'm just done with legs. sick of em. I don't think the devs would go with basilisks being a failed first attempt by Windsinger though. They've said they wanna focus on the flights that don't already have two breeds right now, and Wind has spirals and skydancers. Something slithering and venomous might be really fitting for Nature or Shadow though!
I had a dream last night where there were 3 new breeds I wasn't familiar with

-The one I remember most clearly was like a Plesiosaur/Loch Ness Monster Dragon with a big round body, long neck, and 6 flippers in place of having wings

-A Treefrog-like Dragon with big eyes

-And An Armadillo-like armor plated Dragon
I had a dream last night where there were 3 new breeds I wasn't familiar with

-The one I remember most clearly was like a Plesiosaur/Loch Ness Monster Dragon with a big round body, long neck, and 6 flippers in place of having wings

-A Treefrog-like Dragon with big eyes

-And An Armadillo-like armor plated Dragon