Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Peony's Lore {Redux}
This is mostly for me so I can have all of her lore in one place. Peony is used to belong to Snastle who is leaving FR. She is the mother to one of my VERY important lore dragons. A lot of her lore is missing an incomplete and I want to write chunks of it so I can add her to my current lore and explore her character. Thank you for reading and let me know what you think. [rule] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=9255594&skin=8869&apparel=1752,770,34611,35535,28390,14437,6971,35538,14433,6952,35532,6961,23737,14434,1098&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Peony's Lore {Part 1}: Early Life & Adolescence.[/b][/center] [rule] Dull scales and feathers are a deep-rooted superstition to the brightly colored Coatls' native to the Emberglow Hearth. It is considered an ill omen to bare a child of a dingey hue, sometimes a child will be abandoned or ousted by a whole clan. Peony was one such child, her siblings were bright greens and pinks, but not her. She was a soft swampy green with shimmering white wings. Sadly, her siblings were her main tormentors, her parents only gazed at her sadly and ignored her. It all started with small things she got less food and attention, then it turned to sending her out alone to gather things for the clan untrained. She had to learn had to fend for herself if she wanted to live. As she grew older into adolescence her siblings turned to attacking and belittling her and telling her she should die to save the clan from the curse she carried. She truly didn't understand why she was treated like this but, she bared it as best she could. Yet, it all came to a head suddenly when she woke up bound and being dragged far away from the lair by her siblings. It felt like hours as they pulled her across the ash-choked soil. Her mind was in a terrified flurry, what did she do to have deserved this? Where are they taking her? Eventually, they stopped by a spitting lava pool and wordlessly tossed her in before she could even choke out a scream. Screwing her eyes shut she prayed to the gods to help her. As she hit the lava the ropes that held her burned away quickly leaving her alone in the firey pool. She started to sink only slightly but noticed with great surprise that she was not dead. It was hot but it did not burn her feathers. Opening her eyes cautiously she held her breath wading weakly in the molten stone. Her world was made of flame and chared stone, below her, a deep black shadow swam like a fish. Pulling herself out of the lava pool she looked back into the molten surface. As she gazed at the pool, slowly the black smoky form came closer to her. In a clear, yet sharp voice reverberated deep in Peony's mind, "Who are you?" "I-i um am Peony, I'm a Coatl," she returned her voice soft, but despite what just happened she was not full of fear. Straining to see the figure she wondered if she was speaking to the Flamecaller. "I see you are one mother's soft kindly things," the spirit paused for a moment before speaking again, this time in a kinder tone, "Forgive my harshness I am an old spirit child." "It's ok I must have disturbed you by entering your pool, right?" "No, mother heard you, she sent me to preserve you. She has seen fit bless you with a gift. I am here to tell you this," another pause, and as if quoting someone the spirit said, "You no longer shall fear flame, it is within you for good or ill. Take my echo of power, wander, claim your place in this world. Take this kindness and always pay it forward." Peony's eyes welled with tears and without thought said, "I'm cursed I can't help anyone." "Tsk, tsk child if you were cursed you would not be standing here speaking to me would you?" Peony blinked rapidly, realizing the spirit must be right. "I've always been told I'm cursed. But, your right I can't be if Mather has decided to spare me," She turned her head gazing towards the north she murmurs, "Thank you very much kind spirit, I must go I can't stay here anymore." "Go, child, remember always be kind." -End Part 1
This is mostly for me so I can have all of her lore in one place. Peony is used to belong to Snastle who is leaving FR. She is the mother to one of my VERY important lore dragons. A lot of her lore is missing an incomplete and I want to write chunks of it so I can add her to my current lore and explore her character. Thank you for reading and let me know what you think.

dragon?did=9255594&skin=8869&apparel=1752,770,34611,35535,28390,14437,6971,35538,14433,6952,35532,6961,23737,14434,1098&xt=dressing.png
Peony's Lore {Part 1}: Early Life & Adolescence.

Dull scales and feathers are a deep-rooted superstition to the brightly colored Coatls' native to the Emberglow Hearth. It is considered an ill omen to bare a child of a dingey hue, sometimes a child will be abandoned or ousted by a whole clan. Peony was one such child, her siblings were bright greens and pinks, but not her. She was a soft swampy green with shimmering white wings. Sadly, her siblings were her main tormentors, her parents only gazed at her sadly and ignored her. It all started with small things she got less food and attention, then it turned to sending her out alone to gather things for the clan untrained. She had to learn had to fend for herself if she wanted to live. As she grew older into adolescence her siblings turned to attacking and belittling her and telling her she should die to save the clan from the curse she carried.

She truly didn't understand why she was treated like this but, she bared it as best she could. Yet, it all came to a head suddenly when she woke up bound and being dragged far away from the lair by her siblings. It felt like hours as they pulled her across the ash-choked soil. Her mind was in a terrified flurry, what did she do to have deserved this? Where are they taking her? Eventually, they stopped by a spitting lava pool and wordlessly tossed her in before she could even choke out a scream. Screwing her eyes shut she prayed to the gods to help her.

As she hit the lava the ropes that held her burned away quickly leaving her alone in the firey pool. She started to sink only slightly but noticed with great surprise that she was not dead. It was hot but it did not burn her feathers. Opening her eyes cautiously she held her breath wading weakly in the molten stone. Her world was made of flame and chared stone, below her, a deep black shadow swam like a fish. Pulling herself out of the lava pool she looked back into the molten surface.

As she gazed at the pool, slowly the black smoky form came closer to her. In a clear, yet sharp voice reverberated deep in Peony's mind, "Who are you?"

"I-i um am Peony, I'm a Coatl," she returned her voice soft, but despite what just happened she was not full of fear. Straining to see the figure she wondered if she was speaking to the Flamecaller.

"I see you are one mother's soft kindly things," the spirit paused for a moment before speaking again, this time in a kinder tone, "Forgive my harshness I am an old spirit child."

"It's ok I must have disturbed you by entering your pool, right?"

"No, mother heard you, she sent me to preserve you. She has seen fit bless you with a gift. I am here to tell you this," another pause, and as if quoting someone the spirit said, "You no longer shall fear flame, it is within you for good or ill. Take my echo of power, wander, claim your place in this world. Take this kindness and always pay it forward."

Peony's eyes welled with tears and without thought said, "I'm cursed I can't help anyone."

"Tsk, tsk child if you were cursed you would not be standing here speaking to me would you?"

Peony blinked rapidly, realizing the spirit must be right. "I've always been told I'm cursed. But, your right I can't be if Mather has decided to spare me," She turned her head gazing towards the north she murmurs, "Thank you very much kind spirit, I must go I can't stay here anymore."

"Go, child, remember always be kind."

-End Part 1
I also have story that's just like this, where it regards a dull-coloured Coatl too, so it was quite nice to see somebody else's version of it! I'm looking forward to part 2 :)
I also have story that's just like this, where it regards a dull-coloured Coatl too, so it was quite nice to see somebody else's version of it! I'm looking forward to part 2 :)
4tjEMFS.gif

tori • she/her • fr +16
poetry & lore | chibis
@IshaTkara | You wanted to see her lore and what she looks like, again thanks for helping me get her! @StarryLune | Said you wanted to see more, I'm trying to push myself to write at least one part a week. I hope you like it! I went over to read what you have and I haven't got all the way through it, but so far it's so good! [rule] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=9255594&skin=8869&apparel=1752,770,34611,35535,28390,14437,6971,35538,14433,6952,35532,6961,23737,14434,1098&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Peony's Lore {Part 1}: Setting Off[/b][/center] [rule] She stood silently by the molten pool her siblings had tossed her into only a few moments ago. The smokey spirit she had been speaking to had faded from her sight leaving her alone with her thoughts. It's words swirled around in her mind filling her with a mix of worry and fear. It was abundantly clear to Peony that she could no longer stay here, let alone go home ever again. If her own family would so casually try to kill her, would she even be safe again? Shaking her head she knew that answer to her own question. Looking around she simply had to find a place to hide so she could rest and leave at dawn. She took to carefully circling the pool trying to spy a small hidden hole. Eventually, she found a lonely little cave that she could rest in. As far as she could tell not another soul, dragon nor beast lived around for miles. In her mind, she made a list of a few things she would need if she was to leave the Ashfall Waste for good. So she foraged for a few hours till the ash-choked sky began to dim and the amber glow of the sun began to seep thru the clouds. Looking up she thought it was best to turn in with the scant resources she managed to gather. After a few hours of fitful sleep, she woke to the world dark and silent realizing the sun had not yet risen. Peony shrugged deciding she would just start her journey and rest somewhere else. Looking over her gathered thing once more she heard a voice whisper to her. She jumped and skittered back seeing another of her birth clan standing silently at the mouth of the cave. The golden-eyed imperial dipped her head offering out her clasped hands. Her voice was quiet but firm, "I heard what your siblings did to you, I came to find you in hopes that you survived." She cautiously approached the other dragon asking, "Hestia, how did you know where to find me?" "They bragged quite loudly that they had killed you and removed the curse you had placed on the clan. I had hoped the Gods had saved you from such a fate, so I came here to find you. I had almost given up when I saw this little cave," the imperial paused, "I found you, then when back to my den, I have this for you. I saw you had next to no proper supplies, I want you to have the best chance to survive. I don't know how to help you much more Peony I'm sorry." Peony's eyes welled with tears happy to have someone who cared about her. She carefully took the bundle of satchels and other supplies that would help her survive on her long journey. She rushed up to the other and wrapped the imperial in the best hug she could despite her small size. Peony murmured her thanks against thick scales, "Thank you so much, I'll never forget you and how much you helped me, Hestia." "Take care Peony may your road take you to safety and comfort." Checking her self over a few times, she took her first few steps away from her home. She couldn't see Hestia wave at her with tears in her eyes. "This was it," she thought, "I'm on my own". "If I have a choice I want to live somewhere green, full of flowers and life." -End Part 2
@IshaTkara | You wanted to see her lore and what she looks like, again thanks for helping me get her!

@StarryLune | Said you wanted to see more, I'm trying to push myself to write at least one part a week. I hope you like it! I went over to read what you have and I haven't got all the way through it, but so far it's so good!

dragon?did=9255594&skin=8869&apparel=1752,770,34611,35535,28390,14437,6971,35538,14433,6952,35532,6961,23737,14434,1098&xt=dressing.png
Peony's Lore {Part 1}: Setting Off

She stood silently by the molten pool her siblings had tossed her into only a few moments ago. The smokey spirit she had been speaking to had faded from her sight leaving her alone with her thoughts. It's words swirled around in her mind filling her with a mix of worry and fear. It was abundantly clear to Peony that she could no longer stay here, let alone go home ever again. If her own family would so casually try to kill her, would she even be safe again? Shaking her head she knew that answer to her own question. Looking around she simply had to find a place to hide so she could rest and leave at dawn.

She took to carefully circling the pool trying to spy a small hidden hole. Eventually, she found a lonely little cave that she could rest in. As far as she could tell not another soul, dragon nor beast lived around for miles. In her mind, she made a list of a few things she would need if she was to leave the Ashfall Waste for good. So she foraged for a few hours till the ash-choked sky began to dim and the amber glow of the sun began to seep thru the clouds. Looking up she thought it was best to turn in with the scant resources she managed to gather.

After a few hours of fitful sleep, she woke to the world dark and silent realizing the sun had not yet risen. Peony shrugged deciding she would just start her journey and rest somewhere else. Looking over her gathered thing once more she heard a voice whisper to her. She jumped and skittered back seeing another of her birth clan standing silently at the mouth of the cave. The golden-eyed imperial dipped her head offering out her clasped hands. Her voice was quiet but firm, "I heard what your siblings did to you, I came to find you in hopes that you survived."

She cautiously approached the other dragon asking, "Hestia, how did you know where to find me?"

"They bragged quite loudly that they had killed you and removed the curse you had placed on the clan. I had hoped the Gods had saved you from such a fate, so I came here to find you. I had almost given up when I saw this little cave," the imperial paused, "I found you, then when back to my den, I have this for you. I saw you had next to no proper supplies, I want you to have the best chance to survive. I don't know how to help you much more Peony I'm sorry."

Peony's eyes welled with tears happy to have someone who cared about her. She carefully took the bundle of satchels and other supplies that would help her survive on her long journey. She rushed up to the other and wrapped the imperial in the best hug she could despite her small size. Peony murmured her thanks against thick scales, "Thank you so much, I'll never forget you and how much you helped me, Hestia."

"Take care Peony may your road take you to safety and comfort."

Checking her self over a few times, she took her first few steps away from her home. She couldn't see Hestia wave at her with tears in her eyes. "This was it," she thought, "I'm on my own".

"If I have a choice I want to live somewhere green, full of flowers and life."

-End Part 2
Beautiful dragon and love the storyline. Can't wait to read more of her adventures and her development as she heals and grows stronger and self-confident. :) I think you are doing an excellent job of developing her story and your writing is very creative and imaginative.
Beautiful dragon and love the storyline. Can't wait to read more of her adventures and her development as she heals and grows stronger and self-confident. :) I think you are doing an excellent job of developing her story and your writing is very creative and imaginative.