Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Art Pricing Assistance/Opinions
Hello! I have been updating my art samples recently and I was wanting some input on what would be a good price for work like this (Fullbody dragon colored/shaded/effects): [url=https://fallfrecklesartdump.tumblr.com/post/625355610778632192/hoping-to-update-my-commission-infosamps-soon]Image link [/url] Thank you [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Hello! I have been updating my art samples recently and I was wanting some input on what would be a good price for work like this (Fullbody dragon colored/shaded/effects):

Image link

Thank you
[emoji=coatl love size=1] Bump
Bump
@abbs

I’d say at least 800g!
@abbs

I’d say at least 800g!
@DethJackal

Thank you so much!
@DethJackal

Thank you so much!
[emoji=pearlcatcher love size=1] Bump
Bump
@abbs
HOWDY! A BIT OF A BUMMER, BUT I'M NOT TOO CAUGHT UP ON HOW RATES WORK ON THESE FORUMS. MY ADVICE MIGHT BE A BIT SKEWED, UNFORTUNATELY. I'M THINKING OFF OF USD VALUE, THOUGH, SO CONVERT AS YOU SEE FIT!

WITH THAT SAID, abbs, CALCULATING THE PRICE OF YOUR WORK CAN BE DIFFICULT, BUT TRY TO CONSIDER THESE FACTORS:
  1. TIME SPENT. How long does it take you, on average, to create a piece like the one you linked?
  2. EFFORT. How much mental and/or emotional effort goes into creating aforementioned piece? Do you need to research or study for some pieces and, if so, how long does it take you?
  3. PERSONAL VALUE. What do you think a fully shaded full-body dragon would cost for you? How much would you be willing to spend on a piece like that, and how much would you be comfortable earning? (NOTE: a big thing in commissioner circles is encouraging fellow artists to not undercharge. This is because we have a nasty habit of, well, underestimating the worth of our own art. Which is why I suggest...)
  4. OTHER ARTISTS. This might feel a bit egotistical, but look for artists around your skill level and take note of how they're pricing themselves. Ask yourself if you think the prices they place are fair or not. (e.g. would you pay more than what they ask?)

I CAN'T QUITE SAY AN EXACT PRICE FOR YOU, SINCE THE FIRST TWO THINGS ON MY LIST ARE HUGE FACTORS. BUT I'D HAPPILY PAY $45 TO $55 ON A PIECE LIKE THE ONE YOU LINKED! I LOVE THE SUBTLE DETAILING AND EFFECTS, NOT TO MENTION YOU'VE GOT A GOOD SENSE OF VOLUME.

HOPE THIS HELPED, AND KEEP IT REAL!
@abbs
HOWDY! A BIT OF A BUMMER, BUT I'M NOT TOO CAUGHT UP ON HOW RATES WORK ON THESE FORUMS. MY ADVICE MIGHT BE A BIT SKEWED, UNFORTUNATELY. I'M THINKING OFF OF USD VALUE, THOUGH, SO CONVERT AS YOU SEE FIT!

WITH THAT SAID, abbs, CALCULATING THE PRICE OF YOUR WORK CAN BE DIFFICULT, BUT TRY TO CONSIDER THESE FACTORS:
  1. TIME SPENT. How long does it take you, on average, to create a piece like the one you linked?
  2. EFFORT. How much mental and/or emotional effort goes into creating aforementioned piece? Do you need to research or study for some pieces and, if so, how long does it take you?
  3. PERSONAL VALUE. What do you think a fully shaded full-body dragon would cost for you? How much would you be willing to spend on a piece like that, and how much would you be comfortable earning? (NOTE: a big thing in commissioner circles is encouraging fellow artists to not undercharge. This is because we have a nasty habit of, well, underestimating the worth of our own art. Which is why I suggest...)
  4. OTHER ARTISTS. This might feel a bit egotistical, but look for artists around your skill level and take note of how they're pricing themselves. Ask yourself if you think the prices they place are fair or not. (e.g. would you pay more than what they ask?)

I CAN'T QUITE SAY AN EXACT PRICE FOR YOU, SINCE THE FIRST TWO THINGS ON MY LIST ARE HUGE FACTORS. BUT I'D HAPPILY PAY $45 TO $55 ON A PIECE LIKE THE ONE YOU LINKED! I LOVE THE SUBTLE DETAILING AND EFFECTS, NOT TO MENTION YOU'VE GOT A GOOD SENSE OF VOLUME.

HOPE THIS HELPED, AND KEEP IT REAL!
signature_by_flowerbush-dbmblxs.png[/center]
@MangoDolphin Thank you so much for the feedback! I will take more time to carefully consider the time and effort I put into a piece. [emoji=heart size=1]
@MangoDolphin Thank you so much for the feedback! I will take more time to carefully consider the time and effort I put into a piece.