Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Simple Ideas [Add your own ideas]
1 2
  • Add a wishlist to marketplace/auction house.
  • Perhaps a Watch list for auction house items, to watch times decrease for last chance buys.
  • Make the play area in the puzzle arena larger. Puzzle pieces are often cluttered over one another.
  • Specific search options (for dragons mostly) in the auction house. Such as color instead of only pattern.
  • When buying/hatching new dragons, they often appear at the start or end in dragon lairs, but pre-existing dragons get shuffled. It is suggested that the order of pre-existing dragons stay still, for the more organized patrons.
  • When clicking the friend icon: Either auto-direct to the friend page or open a drop-down menu to see online friends.
  • The ability to rearrange friends in your friends' list.
  • Perhaps a Watch list for auction house items, to watch times decrease for last chance buys.
  • Make the play area in the puzzle arena larger. Puzzle pieces are often cluttered over one another.
  • Specific search options (for dragons mostly) in the auction house. Such as color instead of only pattern.
  • When buying/hatching new dragons, they often appear at the start or end in dragon lairs, but pre-existing dragons get shuffled. It is suggested that the order of pre-existing dragons stay still, for the more organized patrons.
  • When clicking the friend icon: Either auto-direct to the friend page or open a drop-down menu to see online friends.
Yes, yes, yes! :D
Yes, yes, yes! :D
tumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.giftumblr_inline_nglowoLNrd1qlwxnm.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.gif
  • Adding a *Search by Type* for Dragons in the Auction house. As in, looking up only Fire or Earth Dragons for their eyes.
    --Or perhaps 'Search by Age' / 'Search by Level'. For those who are on the quest for hatchlings or adult dragons. The level search for those who participate in the Coliseum matches.
  • Adding a *Search by Type* for Dragons in the Auction house. As in, looking up only Fire or Earth Dragons for their eyes.
    --Or perhaps 'Search by Age' / 'Search by Level'. For those who are on the quest for hatchlings or adult dragons. The level search for those who participate in the Coliseum matches.
[quote name="Sikfox" date="2014-06-09 13:50:36"][LIST] [*]Adding a *Search by Type* for Dragons in the [b]Auction house[/b]. As in, looking up only Fire or Earth Dragons for their eyes. --Or perhaps 'Search by Age' / 'Search by Level'. For those who are on the quest for hatchlings or adult dragons. The level search for those who participate in the Coliseum matches. [/LIST][/quote] YES. I hate having to sort through dozens of pages of babies looking for an ADULT dragon, regardless of if i want to breed or not. I like training Coliseum dragons now that I have the hang of it
Sikfox wrote on 2014-06-09 13:50:36:

YES. I hate having to sort through dozens of pages of babies looking for an ADULT dragon, regardless of if i want to breed or not. I like training Coliseum dragons now that I have the hang of it
~ Collection Thread ~aMrsK4d.gif
Don't know if it's ever been mentioned before in this forum, or if it would be effective in the slightest to do so, but I'm dying for a vault function. It would be a place you could hold things you wanted to keep, but not have in your immediate hoard, such as seasonal/special items and currency, and numerous items being collected to gain an achievement. Ya dig?
Don't know if it's ever been mentioned before in this forum, or if it would be effective in the slightest to do so, but I'm dying for a vault function. It would be a place you could hold things you wanted to keep, but not have in your immediate hoard, such as seasonal/special items and currency, and numerous items being collected to gain an achievement. Ya dig?
Something I'd like to see would be a new encoded rule requiring dragons to be named before they're exalted, that way we don't have to see the dreaded Unnamed exalt forever in our dragons' lineages.
Something I'd like to see would be a new encoded rule requiring dragons to be named before they're exalted, that way we don't have to see the dreaded Unnamed exalt forever in our dragons' lineages.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.giftumblr_inline_nglowoLNrd1qlwxnm.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.gif
[quote name="FireEquinox" date="2014-06-10 13:15:27"]Something I'd like to see would be a new encoded rule requiring dragons to be named before they're exalted, that way we don't have to see the dreaded Unnamed exalt forever in our dragons' lineages.[/quote] Please, please, please. Or, have the option to name those unnamed dragons if they came from your lair if someone else exalts them without naming them Having 'Unnamed' in the lineage section is annoying to look at. And not to mention frustrating that someone would just rush through to buy your dragon and exalt it immediately without even taking the time to name it first. Savages(j/k).
FireEquinox wrote on 2014-06-10 13:15:27:
Please, please, please.
Or, have the option to name those unnamed dragons if they came from your lair if someone else exalts them without naming them
Having 'Unnamed' in the lineage section is annoying to look at. And not to mention frustrating that someone would just rush through to buy your dragon and exalt it immediately without even taking the time to name it first. Savages(j/k).
[quote name="Sikfox" date="2014-07-12 06:38:22"][quote name="FireEquinox" date="2014-06-10 13:15:27"]Something I'd like to see would be a new encoded rule requiring dragons to be named before they're exalted, that way we don't have to see the dreaded Unnamed exalt forever in our dragons' lineages.[b]***[/b][/quote] Please, please, please. Or, have the option to name those unnamed dragons if they came from your lair if someone else exalts them without naming them[b]**[/b] Having 'Unnamed' in the lineage section is annoying to look at. And not to mention frustrating that someone would just rush through to buy your dragon and exalt it immediately without even taking the time to name it first. Savages(j/k)[b]*[/b].[/quote] Asterisks in the above quote are mine. *Thanks for including the JK at the end of that, because otherwise that is incredibly rude. CX I'll address the "Unnamed Exalt" concern first here. First and foremost, if you sold or traded a dragon, that dragon, plain and simple, is no longer yours to have any part of or say in. You received something in exchange for that dragon, and telling or griping at a user who exalts a dragon unnamed that they are being discourteous makes about as much sense as the user who [i]bought[/i] your dragon telling you what to do with the treasure or gems. If you aren't okay with them dictating how you spend the money they gave you in what you two deemed a fair trade, don't try to pressure others into doing what you want with the dragons they received. ** Going back through and naming a dragon that was sold and then Unnamed would still not be okay. Some users exalt Unnamed for lore reasons in their clan, and, believe it or not, keep track of the dragons that they exalted as such. Maybe User A has a vicious Plague Clan who buys dragons that no one else wants (else why would they be on the Auction House?), and puts them through a series of disease-ridden tests. If the dragon does not pass the tests, it does not earn a name, and so gets exalted Unnamed to grow stronger and serve beneath the Plaguebringer. That's one of many Lore reasons. *** Forcing other people to play to your play style is not very cool, and this is a [i]very[/i] unpopular idea if forced upon the entire community. A toggle-able option suggested [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1080422&p=mb]here[/url] has been the absolute best idea I've ever seen regarding Unnamed exalts. It gives players the option to flip on an auto-name feature when doing mass-exalts for dom pushes, and the ability to still exalt Unnamed for the players who don't. There are also users who keep track of their own babies using Unnamed exalts. They exalt the ones who did not sell Unnamed, so they know at a glance when going through the parent's Offspring list which dragons are still in play. TL;DR, no support for forcing other people to play the way you want. [quote name="Sikfox" date="2014-06-03 18:26:26"][LIST] [*]Add a wishlist to [b]marketplace/auction house[/b]. [*]Perhaps a Watch list for [b]auction house[/b] items, to watch times decrease for last chance buys. [*]Make the play area in the [b]puzzle arena[/b] larger. Puzzle pieces are often cluttered over one another. [*]Specific search options (for dragons mostly) in the [b]auction house[/b]. Such as color instead of only pattern. [*]When buying/hatching[b] new dragons[/b], they often appear at the start or end in dragon lairs, but pre-existing dragons get shuffled. It is suggested that the order of pre-existing dragons stay still, for the more organized patrons. [*]When clicking the [b]friend icon[/b]: Either auto-direct to the friend page or open a drop-down menu to see online friends. [*]The ability to rearrange friends in your [b]friends' list[/b]. [/LIST][/quote] 1) I could support a designated Wish List, preferably one that I can place on my profile. 2) I'm a bit neutral on the Watch List, since the Auction House does not have [i]actual[/i] auctions, you don't really have to worry about bidding driving the price up at the end. The AH also already lists how much time is left until the item is no longer for sale. 3) Support, I've heard many players complain that there isn't enough workspace for puzzles. 4) This has already been implemented and is officially announced today.* 5) This is a bug that was fixed this month.** 6) I could only support a drop down that shows Online friends if there were some way for people to choose whether they want to appear as "Online" or not. Otherwise, I'd rather the Friend icon at my Notifications [i]not[/i] redirect me when I click it to add/reject a friend request. 7) Support. [quote name="Sikfox" date="2014-06-09 13:50:36"][LIST] [*]Adding a *Search by Type* for Dragons in the [b]Auction house[/b]. As in, looking up only Fire or Earth Dragons for their eyes. --Or perhaps 'Search by Age' / 'Search by Level'. For those who are on the quest for hatchlings or adult dragons. The level search for those who participate in the Coliseum matches. [/LIST][/quote] This has already been implemented and is officially announced today.* * & ** I am aware that this thread originated last month before the new AH went live and before the hatchling bug was fixed. I'm pointing out that these are things that have been added/fixed for users who might not be aware of the changes.
Sikfox wrote on 2014-07-12 06:38:22:
FireEquinox wrote on 2014-06-10 13:15:27:
Something I'd like to see would be a new encoded rule requiring dragons to be named before they're exalted, that way we don't have to see the dreaded Unnamed exalt forever in our dragons' lineages.***
Please, please, please.
Or, have the option to name those unnamed dragons if they came from your lair if someone else exalts them without naming them**
Having 'Unnamed' in the lineage section is annoying to look at. And not to mention frustrating that someone would just rush through to buy your dragon and exalt it immediately without even taking the time to name it first. Savages(j/k)*.

Asterisks in the above quote are mine.

*Thanks for including the JK at the end of that, because otherwise that is incredibly rude. CX I'll address the "Unnamed Exalt" concern first here. First and foremost, if you sold or traded a dragon, that dragon, plain and simple, is no longer yours to have any part of or say in. You received something in exchange for that dragon, and telling or griping at a user who exalts a dragon unnamed that they are being discourteous makes about as much sense as the user who bought your dragon telling you what to do with the treasure or gems. If you aren't okay with them dictating how you spend the money they gave you in what you two deemed a fair trade, don't try to pressure others into doing what you want with the dragons they received.

** Going back through and naming a dragon that was sold and then Unnamed would still not be okay. Some users exalt Unnamed for lore reasons in their clan, and, believe it or not, keep track of the dragons that they exalted as such. Maybe User A has a vicious Plague Clan who buys dragons that no one else wants (else why would they be on the Auction House?), and puts them through a series of disease-ridden tests. If the dragon does not pass the tests, it does not earn a name, and so gets exalted Unnamed to grow stronger and serve beneath the Plaguebringer. That's one of many Lore reasons.

*** Forcing other people to play to your play style is not very cool, and this is a very unpopular idea if forced upon the entire community. A toggle-able option suggested here has been the absolute best idea I've ever seen regarding Unnamed exalts. It gives players the option to flip on an auto-name feature when doing mass-exalts for dom pushes, and the ability to still exalt Unnamed for the players who don't. There are also users who keep track of their own babies using Unnamed exalts. They exalt the ones who did not sell Unnamed, so they know at a glance when going through the parent's Offspring list which dragons are still in play.

TL;DR, no support for forcing other people to play the way you want.

Sikfox wrote on 2014-06-03 18:26:26:

1) I could support a designated Wish List, preferably one that I can place on my profile.
2) I'm a bit neutral on the Watch List, since the Auction House does not have actual auctions, you don't really have to worry about bidding driving the price up at the end. The AH also already lists how much time is left until the item is no longer for sale.
3) Support, I've heard many players complain that there isn't enough workspace for puzzles.
4) This has already been implemented and is officially announced today.*
5) This is a bug that was fixed this month.**
6) I could only support a drop down that shows Online friends if there were some way for people to choose whether they want to appear as "Online" or not. Otherwise, I'd rather the Friend icon at my Notifications not redirect me when I click it to add/reject a friend request.
7) Support.
Sikfox wrote on 2014-06-09 13:50:36:

This has already been implemented and is officially announced today.*

* & ** I am aware that this thread originated last month before the new AH went live and before the hatchling bug was fixed. I'm pointing out that these are things that have been added/fixed for users who might not be aware of the changes.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
I support this very much indeed.
I support this very much indeed.
[quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-07-12 07:12:48"] ** Going back through and naming a dragon that was sold and then Unnamed would still not be okay. Some users exalt Unnamed for lore reasons in their clan, and, believe it or not, keep track of the dragons that they exalted as such. Maybe User A has a vicious Plague Clan who buys dragons that no one else wants (else why would they be on the Auction House?), and puts them through a series of disease-ridden tests. If the dragon does not pass the tests, it does not earn a name, and so gets exalted Unnamed to grow stronger and serve beneath the Plaguebringer. That's one of many Lore reasons.[/quote] Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I had no idea that there are actual lores about exalting unnamed dragons. (And yes, the J/K was put there for that reason) Hmm.. Well then. How about an option bar when you choose to auction of dragons? Like. When you set the price you want to sell, there's a pop up telling you the fee of how much the site will take from the sales(if selling for treasure). So maybe, add another pop up about specifying naming like: "You are about to sell this dragon. Would you like it to be named when it is bought?" [ YES / NO ] That way, if say someone bought it and you picked 'yes', then it can't be exalted without being named? And buyers would know what they were buying. It'd tell them "Hey. This dragon needs a name before exalting." Or something of that nature?
Confectionary wrote on 2014-07-12 07:12:48:
** Going back through and naming a dragon that was sold and then Unnamed would still not be okay. Some users exalt Unnamed for lore reasons in their clan, and, believe it or not, keep track of the dragons that they exalted as such. Maybe User A has a vicious Plague Clan who buys dragons that no one else wants (else why would they be on the Auction House?), and puts them through a series of disease-ridden tests. If the dragon does not pass the tests, it does not earn a name, and so gets exalted Unnamed to grow stronger and serve beneath the Plaguebringer. That's one of many Lore reasons.

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I had no idea that there are actual lores about exalting unnamed dragons. (And yes, the J/K was put there for that reason)

Hmm.. Well then. How about an option bar when you choose to auction of dragons? Like. When you set the price you want to sell, there's a pop up telling you the fee of how much the site will take from the sales(if selling for treasure). So maybe, add another pop up about specifying naming like:
"You are about to sell this dragon. Would you like it to be named when it is bought?"
[ YES / NO ]

That way, if say someone bought it and you picked 'yes', then it can't be exalted without being named? And buyers would know what they were buying. It'd tell them "Hey. This dragon needs a name before exalting." Or something of that nature?
1 2