Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ugliest Apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="HydreigonOxide" date="2020-07-24 13:27:42" ] [quote name="Leopardmask" date="2020-07-24 06:30:35" ] n...no one's mentioned the Mystic Bark Mask yet? [item=mystic bark mask] I'm sorry, but a flat mask simply does not work when put on an animal with a snout. It looks ridiculous on basically everything. It looks like those videos where people put cheese slices on their cat. [/quote] This... also the Summer Swelter and its other seasonal forms. I hoped it would be like the Flowerfalls, in that it brought out a dragon's colors and filled the whole image, but I was wrong. I find that they're too small to be noticed on a clothed dragon, even when in the frontmost slot. [item=summer swelter] [/quote] ...the summer swelter is my all time favorite apparel item, I use it as a finishing touch on just about everything D: BIG agree on the mystic bark mask, though. Which is a pity because the tooltip is so cool, I was so disappointed in it when I finally got mine from Swipp. I think I've seen a couple of instances where it looked decent but I can't remember. It really needs an overhaul.
HydreigonOxide wrote on 2020-07-24 13:27:42:
Leopardmask wrote on 2020-07-24 06:30:35:
n...no one's mentioned the Mystic Bark Mask yet?
Mystic Bark Mask
I'm sorry, but a flat mask simply does not work when put on an animal with a snout. It looks ridiculous on basically everything. It looks like those videos where people put cheese slices on their cat.

This...

also the Summer Swelter and its other seasonal forms. I hoped it would be like the Flowerfalls, in that it brought out a dragon's colors and filled the whole image, but I was wrong. I find that they're too small to be noticed on a clothed dragon, even when in the frontmost slot.
Summer Swelter

...the summer swelter is my all time favorite apparel item, I use it as a finishing touch on just about everything D:

BIG agree on the mystic bark mask, though. Which is a pity because the tooltip is so cool, I was so disappointed in it when I finally got mine from Swipp. I think I've seen a couple of instances where it looked decent but I can't remember. It really needs an overhaul.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
I really dislike any kind of shirts or pants, anything that looks too human.
I really dislike any kind of shirts or pants, anything that looks too human.
most of them tbh. and the actually good pieces never fit with anything.
most of them tbh. and the actually good pieces never fit with anything.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
@Tharn I think Argus looks kinda cool in his [emoji=spiral winking size=2] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43299041][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/432991/43299041_350.png[/img][/url] I'm definitely not a fan of tunics, especially on lady imps.
@Tharn

I think Argus looks kinda cool in his

43299041_350.png

I'm definitely not a fan of tunics, especially on lady imps.
April showers bring forth May flowers
Maybe not ugly but just out of touch apparel would be the teardrop apparel set and the flourish set. The worst offender being the wing drapes [item=amber flourish wing drape] And this. Mostly I don’t like the apparel image itself because the resolution looks downsized. [item=magmatic pauldrons]
Maybe not ugly but just out of touch apparel would be the teardrop apparel set and the flourish set. The worst offender being the wing drapes
Amber Flourish Wing Drape

And this. Mostly I don’t like the apparel image itself because the resolution looks downsized.
Magmatic Pauldrons
7N4NLsD.png
AtXvu0n.gif
Yeah the flourish set isn't actually that bad to me, but look bad on some breeds for sure.
(Also, Diesel is gorgeous)
Yeah the flourish set isn't actually that bad to me, but look bad on some breeds for sure.
(Also, Diesel is gorgeous)
I'm not sure 'ugly' describes most of the apparel showing up. Awkward? Goofy? Make you wanna scratch your head? Yes. I can kind of picture a dragon picking up a substantial piece of bark, doodling on it and trying to make it a mask...kind of juvenile and whimsical even if it looks odd. The Wrench. I wanted to like it. I wanted to use it. But it's a struggle. It's just so huge and awkward, and it, as someone before me said, it looks more like a sticker than an item. The satin tunics are actually kind of believable with the gaping winghole. More believable than the other shirt/jackets, etc. Attractive? Meh. The wingwraps and just about any leg-wear on tundras? How do those work??? But ugly? Nah. I would agree and say this is ugly, though: [item=Buttercup Lace Box] The sweaters are horribly ugly and ridiculous, but I keep every one I acquire. I actually really like the birdskull headpieces, but that's not to say those sets couldn't use an update. I would actually just like for all of them to include the feather dangle the necklaces have on guardians, but not other breeds. [outfit=346412] Go ahead, change the breed. The feather disappears, and it makes me sad. I didn't even know there was a feather till I put it on a guardian.
I'm not sure 'ugly' describes most of the apparel showing up. Awkward? Goofy? Make you wanna scratch your head? Yes.

I can kind of picture a dragon picking up a substantial piece of bark, doodling on it and trying to make it a mask...kind of juvenile and whimsical even if it looks odd.

The Wrench. I wanted to like it. I wanted to use it. But it's a struggle. It's just so huge and awkward, and it, as someone before me said, it looks more like a sticker than an item.

The satin tunics are actually kind of believable with the gaping winghole. More believable than the other shirt/jackets, etc. Attractive? Meh.

The wingwraps and just about any leg-wear on tundras? How do those work???

But ugly? Nah.

I would agree and say this is ugly, though:
Buttercup Lace Box

The sweaters are horribly ugly and ridiculous, but I keep every one I acquire.

I actually really like the birdskull headpieces, but that's not to say those sets couldn't use an update. I would actually just like for all of them to include the feather dangle the necklaces have on guardians, but not other breeds.

What

Go ahead, change the breed. The feather disappears, and it makes me sad. I didn't even know there was a feather till I put it on a guardian.
lGriifT.png
Besides the cheap apparel I chuck into BBB and melt down, I couldn’t really say I hate any apparel. I don’t go looking for something I’m not going to like lmaO

I mix in match with anything I have in my hoard tbh.

My only beef is with apparel that had been clearly designed with one or two breeds in mind, and look horribly awkward and strange on other breeds.
Besides the cheap apparel I chuck into BBB and melt down, I couldn’t really say I hate any apparel. I don’t go looking for something I’m not going to like lmaO

I mix in match with anything I have in my hoard tbh.

My only beef is with apparel that had been clearly designed with one or two breeds in mind, and look horribly awkward and strange on other breeds.
Untitled_Artwork.png
[quote name="Stormhawke" date="2020-07-24 19:37:56" ] *snipped* I actually really like the birdskull headpieces, but that's not to say those sets couldn't use an update. I would actually just like for all of them to include the feather dangle the necklaces have on guardians, but not other breeds. [outfit=346412] Go ahead, change the breed. The feather disappears, and it makes me sad. I didn't even know there was a feather till I put it on a guardian. [/quote] WHAT. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THAT. aw man that dangly feather is so cool [emoji=guardian sad size=2]
Stormhawke wrote on 2020-07-24 19:37:56:
*snipped*

I actually really like the birdskull headpieces, but that's not to say those sets couldn't use an update. I would actually just like for all of them to include the feather dangle the necklaces have on guardians, but not other breeds.

What

Go ahead, change the breed. The feather disappears, and it makes me sad. I didn't even know there was a feather till I put it on a guardian.

WHAT. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THAT. aw man that dangly feather is so cool

f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
9GImlPT.png
I agree with most of the apparel here (except for the birdskull items, the headdress is weird but I only use it on the breeds it looks nice on) but also raise you these: [item=Orange Wooly Coat] horrible. Why? It's like mac and cheese fur. I can't thing of anything that goes well with it. Also, wings. [item=Lemongrass Feathered Wings][item=Rose Feathered Wings][item=Chestnut Feathered Wings] The tail feathers look fine, but the wings just look off somehow. I think the problem might be with the shading? The places where the shadows are make the feathers look really bulky and like they're sticking out farther than they should. They don't look good unless they're layered behind other pieces of apparel. And all the bows look weird, but I tolerate them because lanterns hide them really well and also bowties are fun! [item=Pretty Aqua Arm Bow][item=Glowing Mint Tail Bow] These ones are UNMATCHABLE.
I agree with most of the apparel here (except for the birdskull items, the headdress is weird but I only use it on the breeds it looks nice on) but also raise you these:
Orange Wooly Coat horrible. Why? It's like mac and cheese fur. I can't thing of anything that goes well with it.

Also, wings.
Lemongrass Feathered Wings Rose Feathered Wings Chestnut Feathered Wings

The tail feathers look fine, but the wings just look off somehow. I think the problem might be with the shading? The places where the shadows are make the feathers look really bulky and like they're sticking out farther than they should. They don't look good unless they're layered behind other pieces of apparel.

And all the bows look weird, but I tolerate them because lanterns hide them really well and also bowties are fun!
Pretty Aqua Arm Bow Glowing Mint Tail Bow
These ones are UNMATCHABLE.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10