Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A deadly secret (OOC Open)
1 2
@FlameAriiDraycon Finished! I added another guy, and I hope it’s okay that he can shift at will especially considering... well, you’ll see.

Name: Avani Jade
Nickname(s): Most people call her Jade
Orientation: Pan
Species: Kitsune
Abilities: Electric abilities (refer back to front page)
Ethnicity / Race: Caucasian
Height: 5’5”
Frame / Build: Short and skinny. Most would refer to her as “childlike”.
Clothing Style / Preferences: Typically drab colors, but will wear anything that’s comfortable.
Appearance: Not my pictures. Human form here, animal form here
Good Qualities / Trait(s): When she sets her heart on something, there is no way you’re getting her to back down. Bold and courageous.
Vices / Negative Trait(s): She’s even more stubborn than a mule. Not really a team player, and sometimes “forgets” to consider how her actions affect others.
Habits / Idiosyncrasies / Quirks: Likes to stand on her toes just for the extra height boost
Phobia / Fears: Hemophobia and acrophobia
Loves: Animals, of any kind
Hates: People constantly referring to her as short
Other: Has no qualms about getting in tight spaces. The only person she shares her house with is her black cat named Max, who recognizes her in both forms.
Background: Wouldn’t you like to know, weather boy.

Name: Jackson Davis
Nickname(s): His close friends that know of his “big secret” jokingly call him Jack Sparrow
Orientation: Straight
Species: A human that can turn into a sparrow. Yes, that tiny little bird.
Abilities: Has the usual shadow abilities, but he’s not entirely sure what to do with them. He’s so far only mastered the ability to create bright flashes, which he usually only utilizes as some sort of party trick, and has no idea why his spit sometimes glows. It kind of freaks him out. He can also transform between a sparrow and human at will, a rarity for shapeshifters.
Ethnicity / Race: Kind of a sock drawer
Height: 5’9”
Frame / Build: Skinny enough that he looks like you could snap his leg just by lightly bumping into him.
Occupation: High school student who also works at a fast food restaurant
Clothing Style / Preferences: Jeans and whatever shirt is at the top of the pile
Appearance: Jackson is tall and thin, with relatively dark golden skin and black hair that is somewhat short. His eyes are brown. He usually looks like a mess, with unkempt hair and one if not both of his shoelaces untied.
Sparrow appearance here (not my image)
Good Qualities / Trait(s): Tries his best to be helpful. Nice, but awkward.
Vices / Negative Trait(s): Easily confused and scared. Has a tendency to zone out and miss things.
Habits / Idiosyncrasies / Quirks: As a bird, he will pluck feathers out with his beak when he’s nervous. As a human, he wrings his hands.
Phobia / Fears: Claustrophobic, but less so as a bird. Afraid of anything large enough to eat a sparrow, and doesn’t do well with big dogs in both forms.
Loves: Tea and birds
Hates: Dogs and storms
Other: When he’s bored, he often practices flying as a bird.
Background: Jackson’s life hasn’t exactly been noteworthy. The only thing of interest was when he was almost hit by a truck back when he was younger, but turned into a small bird in the nick of time. Since then, he’s been training with his peculiar ability almost every chance he gets, and a couple of his friends know about it. Once, a dog almost ate him as a bird, and he’s been scared of them ever since. He can’t find an explanation for why he’s a shapeshifter. Recently, he’s noticed that his spit kind of glows, and he can create bright flashes when distressed. He’s also mastered the flashes, but the glowing spit confuses him. He wonders if it’s some new ability, but it doesn’t seem to affect his hand or the sink, so maybe it’s nothing.
@FlameAriiDraycon Finished! I added another guy, and I hope it’s okay that he can shift at will especially considering... well, you’ll see.

Name: Avani Jade
Nickname(s): Most people call her Jade
Orientation: Pan
Species: Kitsune
Abilities: Electric abilities (refer back to front page)
Ethnicity / Race: Caucasian
Height: 5’5”
Frame / Build: Short and skinny. Most would refer to her as “childlike”.
Clothing Style / Preferences: Typically drab colors, but will wear anything that’s comfortable.
Appearance: Not my pictures. Human form here, animal form here
Good Qualities / Trait(s): When she sets her heart on something, there is no way you’re getting her to back down. Bold and courageous.
Vices / Negative Trait(s): She’s even more stubborn than a mule. Not really a team player, and sometimes “forgets” to consider how her actions affect others.
Habits / Idiosyncrasies / Quirks: Likes to stand on her toes just for the extra height boost
Phobia / Fears: Hemophobia and acrophobia
Loves: Animals, of any kind
Hates: People constantly referring to her as short
Other: Has no qualms about getting in tight spaces. The only person she shares her house with is her black cat named Max, who recognizes her in both forms.
Background: Wouldn’t you like to know, weather boy.

Name: Jackson Davis
Nickname(s): His close friends that know of his “big secret” jokingly call him Jack Sparrow
Orientation: Straight
Species: A human that can turn into a sparrow. Yes, that tiny little bird.
Abilities: Has the usual shadow abilities, but he’s not entirely sure what to do with them. He’s so far only mastered the ability to create bright flashes, which he usually only utilizes as some sort of party trick, and has no idea why his spit sometimes glows. It kind of freaks him out. He can also transform between a sparrow and human at will, a rarity for shapeshifters.
Ethnicity / Race: Kind of a sock drawer
Height: 5’9”
Frame / Build: Skinny enough that he looks like you could snap his leg just by lightly bumping into him.
Occupation: High school student who also works at a fast food restaurant
Clothing Style / Preferences: Jeans and whatever shirt is at the top of the pile
Appearance: Jackson is tall and thin, with relatively dark golden skin and black hair that is somewhat short. His eyes are brown. He usually looks like a mess, with unkempt hair and one if not both of his shoelaces untied.
Sparrow appearance here (not my image)
Good Qualities / Trait(s): Tries his best to be helpful. Nice, but awkward.
Vices / Negative Trait(s): Easily confused and scared. Has a tendency to zone out and miss things.
Habits / Idiosyncrasies / Quirks: As a bird, he will pluck feathers out with his beak when he’s nervous. As a human, he wrings his hands.
Phobia / Fears: Claustrophobic, but less so as a bird. Afraid of anything large enough to eat a sparrow, and doesn’t do well with big dogs in both forms.
Loves: Tea and birds
Hates: Dogs and storms
Other: When he’s bored, he often practices flying as a bird.
Background: Jackson’s life hasn’t exactly been noteworthy. The only thing of interest was when he was almost hit by a truck back when he was younger, but turned into a small bird in the nick of time. Since then, he’s been training with his peculiar ability almost every chance he gets, and a couple of his friends know about it. Once, a dog almost ate him as a bird, and he’s been scared of them ever since. He can’t find an explanation for why he’s a shapeshifter. Recently, he’s noticed that his spit kind of glows, and he can create bright flashes when distressed. He’s also mastered the flashes, but the glowing spit confuses him. He wonders if it’s some new ability, but it doesn’t seem to affect his hand or the sink, so maybe it’s nothing.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
imma post my characters in a while, i have things to do first ^^
imma post my characters in a while, i have things to do first ^^

~ call me minty, ean, or sunny

~ she/they! biromantic!!

~ I have a lore shop, if you wanted to check it out
@Actinidia

Accepted
@Actinidia

Accepted
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I used to be a people person, but then people ruined it.
I have an art shop!
will add more as I decide more, and the story goes on))

Name: Pizo Peters
Nickname(s): Pizo, Champion of the Green
-
Orientation (optional): Straight
Species: Drake (Dragon)
Abilities: Fire. Breaths fire, the fire breath gets hotter when he shifts. He controls the heat around him, and is immune to it. So, basic fire abilities
Ethnicity / Race: Dutch

Height: 6'0

Frame / Build: Skinny, and lanky, yet looks strong.

Clothing Style / Preferences: Often wears green or brown shirts, camouflaged. He normally wears protective pants, like jeans. Has an amber earring, and wears boots as well. He seriously wears this to work as well, to the dismay of his collages.

Appearance:
Has short cut brown hair, and clear brown eyes. Has large spikes going down his back, and horns, both looking like petrified wood. Also has a tail, in the same color.

When he shifts he looks like this: Drake (Not My Image!)

Good Qualities / Trait(s): Tough, brave. Is hecking overprotective at times. Will do anything for the people he cares about, is fairly intelligent. Is sarcastic, and fairly enjoyable to be around.

Vices / Negative Trait(s): Can, and will toy with others emotions. He often makes people awkward, and intimidated. He can get violent, or pretend to be. He normally isn't but.... anyway, slightly sadistic towards others.

Habits / Idiosyncrasies / Quirks (Optional): Likes rocky outcrops, and deserts. Loves rolling in sand when he shifts.

Phobia / Fears: Really scared of water, and swimming, no much else.

Loves: Rocks, dogs, warm drinks and food, sand, hiding, weapons, gems

Hates: Cats, cold food and drinks, water, soft and comfy things

Other:
Has a pet German shepherd named Danger

Background: His mother left him when he was young, because they were shifters. Being a shifter herself, this was seen as a disgrace, but actually, she was in love, and married to a hunter. She gave birth to both of them, and after many years of secret and lies, she left them to raise a family with the hunter, keeping her true identity secret. Pizo, being the oldest of the two, struggled to make a living, and keep them looking like they had a normal life. Since he was only ten, he failed, and both of them were taken ruthlessly to the orphanage.

He lived there for 8 long years, for the orphanage was a cruel and desolate place. It made him the way he is now. He was let out, eventually, and proceeded to get his life back together. He also searched for his mom, who had been killed by her husband for shifting in front of him. His half siblings were also dead.

When he turned twenty, he 'adopted' his sister, and let her live the life she should have, with him. They live in a small apartment, and his sister, being fairly bright, needed hardly any school, so she was able to get a job as well.

---

Name: Aetna
Nickname(s): Shadowquill, Darkflower

Orientation (optional): Bi
Species: Gryphon-Dragon
Abilities: All of your average Shadow abilities

Height: 5'6
Frame / Build: Curvy, Taller

Clothing Style / Preferences: Often wears darker colors. Has a onyx nosering.

Appearance: Has long black hair, with deep purple eyes. Is paler than normal, and has black dragon wings. She also has greyish horns, and a black gryphon tail
Looks like this and this, but with dragon wings, and claws

NOT MY ART!

Good Qualities / Trait(s): Shy, quiet, sweet. She loves almost everything. Kind.

Vices / Negative Trait(s):
Not quick to trust. Latches onto people, and is a bit needy. Uses human shields a LOT.

Habits / Idiosyncrasies / Quirks (Optional): Has a glowy prism, and often plays with it. Oddly enough, she stays in the shadows. If she doesn't know who you are, she'll silently follow you, and she is actually pretty good at it!

Phobia / Fears: Is scared of the dark, for some reason.

Loves: Glowy things, soft things, glass. Loves cooked food, not raw. Is quite fond of plants. Following people.

Hates: Dark, the wind. She dislikes talking quite a bit.

Other: Enjoys grabbing gems for her brother.

Background: As a small child, Aetna really didn't know what was happening. Only that at one point, she no longer saw her mother, and she was really hungry. She would often steal, or foraging, as she called it, and this was what lead to the world learning about the predicament.

When she was taken, she lived in a separate place from her brother. They were much kinder to her, than to him, or at least, some were. She was often beaten for 'bad behavior', or watching people. She did learn quite a bit though, and was on her way to collage level, when her brother picked her up.

It had been good and bad, but she liked living with her brother a lot more. She took up weaving, and sewing, and makes custom tapestries, among other things. Her brother filled her in on everything, and though she felt bad for her half siblings, her mother deserved it. That was one of the only gruesome thoughts that ever crossed her mind. She's hoping for a couple new friends, even though she's seventeen.
will add more as I decide more, and the story goes on))

Name: Pizo Peters
Nickname(s): Pizo, Champion of the Green
-
Species: Drake (Dragon)
Abilities: Fire. Breaths fire, the fire breath gets hotter when he shifts. He controls the heat around him, and is immune to it. So, basic fire abilities

Height: 6'0

Frame / Build: Skinny, and lanky, yet looks strong.

Clothing Style / Preferences: Often wears green or brown shirts, camouflaged. He normally wears protective pants, like jeans. Has an amber earring, and wears boots as well. He seriously wears this to work as well, to the dismay of his collages.

Appearance:
Has short cut brown hair, and clear brown eyes. Has large spikes going down his back, and horns, both looking like petrified wood. Also has a tail, in the same color.

When he shifts he looks like this: Drake (Not My Image!)

Good Qualities / Trait(s): Tough, brave. Is hecking overprotective at times. Will do anything for the people he cares about, is fairly intelligent. Is sarcastic, and fairly enjoyable to be around.

Vices / Negative Trait(s): Can, and will toy with others emotions. He often makes people awkward, and intimidated. He can get violent, or pretend to be. He normally isn't but.... anyway, slightly sadistic towards others.

Habits / Idiosyncrasies / Quirks (Optional): Likes rocky outcrops, and deserts. Loves rolling in sand when he shifts.

Phobia / Fears: Really scared of water, and swimming, no much else.

Loves: Rocks, dogs, warm drinks and food, sand, hiding, weapons, gems

Hates: Cats, cold food and drinks, water, soft and comfy things

Other:
Has a pet German shepherd named Danger

Background: His mother left him when he was young, because they were shifters. Being a shifter herself, this was seen as a disgrace, but actually, she was in love, and married to a hunter. She gave birth to both of them, and after many years of secret and lies, she left them to raise a family with the hunter, keeping her true identity secret. Pizo, being the oldest of the two, struggled to make a living, and keep them looking like they had a normal life. Since he was only ten, he failed, and both of them were taken ruthlessly to the orphanage.

He lived there for 8 long years, for the orphanage was a cruel and desolate place. It made him the way he is now. He was let out, eventually, and proceeded to get his life back together. He also searched for his mom, who had been killed by her husband for shifting in front of him. His half siblings were also dead.

When he turned twenty, he 'adopted' his sister, and let her live the life she should have, with him. They live in a small apartment, and his sister, being fairly bright, needed hardly any school, so she was able to get a job as well.

---

Name: Aetna
Nickname(s): Shadowquill, Darkflower

Orientation (optional): Bi
Species: Gryphon-Dragon
Abilities: All of your average Shadow abilities

Height: 5'6
Frame / Build: Curvy, Taller

Clothing Style / Preferences: Often wears darker colors. Has a onyx nosering.

Appearance: Has long black hair, with deep purple eyes. Is paler than normal, and has black dragon wings. She also has greyish horns, and a black gryphon tail
Looks like this and this, but with dragon wings, and claws

NOT MY ART!

Good Qualities / Trait(s): Shy, quiet, sweet. She loves almost everything. Kind.

Vices / Negative Trait(s):
Not quick to trust. Latches onto people, and is a bit needy. Uses human shields a LOT.

Habits / Idiosyncrasies / Quirks (Optional): Has a glowy prism, and often plays with it. Oddly enough, she stays in the shadows. If she doesn't know who you are, she'll silently follow you, and she is actually pretty good at it!

Phobia / Fears: Is scared of the dark, for some reason.

Loves: Glowy things, soft things, glass. Loves cooked food, not raw. Is quite fond of plants. Following people.

Hates: Dark, the wind. She dislikes talking quite a bit.

Other: Enjoys grabbing gems for her brother.

Background: As a small child, Aetna really didn't know what was happening. Only that at one point, she no longer saw her mother, and she was really hungry. She would often steal, or foraging, as she called it, and this was what lead to the world learning about the predicament.

When she was taken, she lived in a separate place from her brother. They were much kinder to her, than to him, or at least, some were. She was often beaten for 'bad behavior', or watching people. She did learn quite a bit though, and was on her way to collage level, when her brother picked her up.

It had been good and bad, but she liked living with her brother a lot more. She took up weaving, and sewing, and makes custom tapestries, among other things. Her brother filled her in on everything, and though she felt bad for her half siblings, her mother deserved it. That was one of the only gruesome thoughts that ever crossed her mind. She's hoping for a couple new friends, even though she's seventeen.

~ she/they! biromantic!!

@MintyKitsune

Accepted, but one little thing; "gets hotter when he shifts. When he gets made, his back will be set on fire"

Fire elementalists are like... always cold. Just because of their heat immunity. So those two abilities will have to be consciously activated and will draw on energy from him or around him.

@MintyKitsune

Accepted, but one little thing; "gets hotter when he shifts. When he gets made, his back will be set on fire"

Fire elementalists are like... always cold. Just because of their heat immunity. So those two abilities will have to be consciously activated and will draw on energy from him or around him.

They/Them
Roleplayer.
I have an art shop!
oh ok. for the 'gets hotter when he shifts' is was that his fire breath would be hotter, but ill revise the other part. ^^
oh ok. for the 'gets hotter when he shifts' is was that his fire breath would be hotter, but ill revise the other part. ^^

~ she/they! biromantic!!

Name: Clara Blair
Nickname(s): None

Species: Racoon
Abilities: Shadow element- control over light

Ethnicity / Race: Irish/French heritage

Height: 5’8”
Frame / Build: Athletic

Clothing Style / Preferences: Layers, with a preference for oversized sweaters over a t-shirt or tank top when weather permits with jeans and tennis shoes.

Appearance: Average height with straight, short cut blond hair (when pulled back, friends have joked she has more a rottweiler tail than a pony tail). Dark brown eyes and round face.

Good Qualities / Trait(s): Loyal, helpful, smart

Vices / Negative Trait(s): Self-sacrificing, has never met a sleep schedule she didn’t completely ruin, forgetful

Phobia / Fears: Heights

Loves: Cats and coffee

Hates: Early mornings

Other: Enjoys doing community sports and taking self-defense classes. Has two cats.

Background: Only child
Name: Clara Blair
Nickname(s): None

Species: Racoon
Abilities: Shadow element- control over light

Ethnicity / Race: Irish/French heritage

Height: 5’8”
Frame / Build: Athletic

Clothing Style / Preferences: Layers, with a preference for oversized sweaters over a t-shirt or tank top when weather permits with jeans and tennis shoes.

Appearance: Average height with straight, short cut blond hair (when pulled back, friends have joked she has more a rottweiler tail than a pony tail). Dark brown eyes and round face.

Good Qualities / Trait(s): Loyal, helpful, smart

Vices / Negative Trait(s): Self-sacrificing, has never met a sleep schedule she didn’t completely ruin, forgetful

Phobia / Fears: Heights

Loves: Cats and coffee

Hates: Early mornings

Other: Enjoys doing community sports and taking self-defense classes. Has two cats.

Background: Only child
@nettledbird

@Relics

Both accepted ^^

I'll make the rp thread later, need to look at some stuff first.

And make a hunter character
@nettledbird

@Relics

Both accepted ^^

I'll make the rp thread later, need to look at some stuff first.

And make a hunter character
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I have an art shop!
Yo! Everyone alive?
Yo! Everyone alive?
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I have an art shop!
1 2