Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Any way to use the old familiar system?
Hello.

I have to be blunt: this new setup is killing my ability and thus interest to bond with familiars. Every time I change a familiar, it refreshes the page, sometimes not even putting me in the same place I took the previous familiar.

I'd have expected/hoped such a change for an April 1st, not... this.

Can you at least make it that the page doesn't refresh, like in the old system?

Thank you.

Edit: Just to clarify, it's not (necessarily) (just) the aesthetic. It literally takes a minute for the page to refresh every time I change a familiar. It's horrible for me and I doubt it's any good for your servers either.
Hello.

I have to be blunt: this new setup is killing my ability and thus interest to bond with familiars. Every time I change a familiar, it refreshes the page, sometimes not even putting me in the same place I took the previous familiar.

I'd have expected/hoped such a change for an April 1st, not... this.

Can you at least make it that the page doesn't refresh, like in the old system?

Thank you.

Edit: Just to clarify, it's not (necessarily) (just) the aesthetic. It literally takes a minute for the page to refresh every time I change a familiar. It's horrible for me and I doubt it's any good for your servers either.
@LurkerZ
I would recommend making a thread for this in the Suggestions board. The update is still extremely new, so I'm sure that this is not the final product.
@LurkerZ
I would recommend making a thread for this in the Suggestions board. The update is still extremely new, so I'm sure that this is not the final product.
fo11Vhp.png
[quote name="Naegiri" date="2020-06-08 09:00:04" ] @LurkerZ I would recommend making a thread for this in the Suggestions board. The update is still extremely new, so I'm sure that this is not the final product. [/quote] The Support button redirected me to this subforum, so this is where I put my problem. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather follow the directions of the site, even if they're wrong.
Naegiri wrote on 2020-06-08 09:00:04:
@LurkerZ
The Support button redirected me to this subforum, so this is where I put my problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather follow the directions of the site, even if they're wrong.
@LurkerZ

Not really a fix, but the loading times will improve later - at the moment there's so many people online that everything is lagging, especially the new pages

Mine seems to vary between near-instant and half a minute, so I'd assume after the lag is over at least mine will go back to instant change
@LurkerZ

Not really a fix, but the loading times will improve later - at the moment there's so many people online that everything is lagging, especially the new pages

Mine seems to vary between near-instant and half a minute, so I'd assume after the lag is over at least mine will go back to instant change
hWsjkHE.png
[quote name="Elaendorlien" date="2020-06-08 09:26:35" ] @LurkerZ Not really a fix, but the loading times will improve later - at the moment there's so many people online that everything is lagging, especially the new pages Mine seems to vary between near-instant and half a minute, so I'd assume after the lag is over at least mine will go back to instant change [/quote] The problem is definitely the system. In the old system, the whole page didn't refresh. Refreshing the page manually in the old system would have taken me the same minute as it takes me now. That means, as it is now, the browser takes information from the site, then deletes/replaces the old information piece by piece with new information for the thumbnails and whatever's connected to them. So really, as long as the page continues to refresh each time you change a familiar, it's still going to take a minute [i]and[/i] will still be an unnecessary stress on the site's server.
Elaendorlien wrote on 2020-06-08 09:26:35:
@LurkerZ

The problem is definitely the system.
In the old system, the whole page didn't refresh. Refreshing the page manually in the old system would have taken me the same minute as it takes me now. That means, as it is now, the browser takes information from the site, then deletes/replaces the old information piece by piece with new information for the thumbnails and whatever's connected to them.
So really, as long as the page continues to refresh each time you change a familiar, it's still going to take a minute and will still be an unnecessary stress on the site's server.
@LurkerZ

Yes, I noticed that too, and I understand exactly what you are saying. Rather annoying. I have only recently stopped the very strategy you are using, so I'm not quite as frustrated as you are. The work around of opening everyone in a tab, going down the row and clicking the button to change the familiar, and then going back over to do the actual change is working well. At least there are more available in the box now.

If I were still doing that, for my second pass, I would go to the bottom of the familiar box for each of those opened dragons so that I don't run into any I've already bonded with.

I really hope they make the filter "stick."
@LurkerZ

Yes, I noticed that too, and I understand exactly what you are saying. Rather annoying. I have only recently stopped the very strategy you are using, so I'm not quite as frustrated as you are. The work around of opening everyone in a tab, going down the row and clicking the button to change the familiar, and then going back over to do the actual change is working well. At least there are more available in the box now.

If I were still doing that, for my second pass, I would go to the bottom of the familiar box for each of those opened dragons so that I don't run into any I've already bonded with.

I really hope they make the filter "stick."
Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
Oh, I would prefer the old system for bonding, too and I don't change the familiars on the dragon, but my computer needs a lot longer to load the new setting of dragon and familiar...well it is annoying.
I would love the new one for customizing, but definitly not for bonding.
Oh, I would prefer the old system for bonding, too and I don't change the familiars on the dragon, but my computer needs a lot longer to load the new setting of dragon and familiar...well it is annoying.
I would love the new one for customizing, but definitly not for bonding.
Down to earth and digging...
[quote name="Grimbart" date="2020-06-09 05:52:20" ] Oh, I would prefer the old system for bonding, too and I don't change the familiars on the dragon, but my computer needs a lot longer to load the new setting of dragon and familiar...well it is annoying. [/quote] Same. It's definitely not just a problem of my computer, because it happens at my workplace, too. The whole page reloads after bonding, taking ages. It's making bonding with familiars a pain.
Grimbart wrote on 2020-06-09 05:52:20:
Same. It's definitely not just a problem of my computer, because it happens at my workplace, too. The whole page reloads after bonding, taking ages. It's making bonding with familiars a pain.
I can't even select the familiars on my phone. Oh some I can, I'll be able to do 2 or 3 but then when I try to click on the next one nothing happens. What used to take me 5 minutes has taken mec15 today and I'm not even halfway done.
I can't even select the familiars on my phone. Oh some I can, I'll be able to do 2 or 3 but then when I try to click on the next one nothing happens. What used to take me 5 minutes has taken mec15 today and I'm not even halfway done.
SPDT1_zps48df29df.png
Huh, they fixed it. Now the page doesn't reload every time you choose a new familiar.

Let it not be said that listening to the userbase is underappreciated.

Hallelujah and thank you, devs!
Huh, they fixed it. Now the page doesn't reload every time you choose a new familiar.

Let it not be said that listening to the userbase is underappreciated.

Hallelujah and thank you, devs!