Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Dragons can't eat all food types?
I haven't done a lot of playing around with the new feeding function yet, but I happened to notice that my Imperial has the Seafood icon greyed out (and shows up as 'This dragon doesn't eat seafood' when you hover), while both of my Guardians have the Meat icon greyed out ('This dragon doesn't eat meat').

If you hover over the dragons in the main lair, they're still listed as being able to eat all four types.

Not a big deal, I was feeding both of them bugs anyway. I also haven't checked other breeds to see whether what they're allowed to eat matches up with their currently known diets.
I haven't done a lot of playing around with the new feeding function yet, but I happened to notice that my Imperial has the Seafood icon greyed out (and shows up as 'This dragon doesn't eat seafood' when you hover), while both of my Guardians have the Meat icon greyed out ('This dragon doesn't eat meat').

If you hover over the dragons in the main lair, they're still listed as being able to eat all four types.

Not a big deal, I was feeding both of them bugs anyway. I also haven't checked other breeds to see whether what they're allowed to eat matches up with their currently known diets.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I noticed this too. Skydancers can't eat insects either.
Impish Obsession Hatchery
(Mostly Imperials)
@Lara8

Are there meat and seafood points converted in your food stores? Linking the particular dragon would also be helpful if it is specific to a few dragons, unless all your guardians are suffering the issue, for example, which would be good to report as well.

@PheonixWing

Same question, except for insects. Also, linking the particular dragon having a problem would be helpful, or noting if it is all your skydancers.
My main suspicion is that food points are at zero in those categories, and it is a tooltip that is being used too broadly. Personally, I checked about 10 dragons across several breeds and they all have correctly highlighted buttons while I have enough food points in each category. I cannot verify what the tooltip says while a category is empty.
@Lara8

Are there meat and seafood points converted in your food stores? Linking the particular dragon would also be helpful if it is specific to a few dragons, unless all your guardians are suffering the issue, for example, which would be good to report as well.

@PheonixWing

Same question, except for insects. Also, linking the particular dragon having a problem would be helpful, or noting if it is all your skydancers.
My main suspicion is that food points are at zero in those categories, and it is a tooltip that is being used too broadly. Personally, I checked about 10 dragons across several breeds and they all have correctly highlighted buttons while I have enough food points in each category. I cannot verify what the tooltip says while a category is empty.
@Dagomor At the time I was doing this, I had no food types converted except for insects. The other two (meat/plants in the case of the Imp and seafood/plants in the case of the Guardians) had red backgrounds but were not greyed out entirely, and if you hover over them you get 'Plant (or etc) stocks are depleted'. Imp: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/18738093][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/187381/18738093_350.png[/img][/url] Guardians: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/32313982][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/323140/32313982_350.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43951154][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/439512/43951154_350.png[/img][/url] (Currently I have no food of any type converted, and when I visit the individual feeding pages for these dragons, I see three with red backgrounds and one greyed out, again seafood for the Imp and meat for the guardians.)
@Dagomor

At the time I was doing this, I had no food types converted except for insects. The other two (meat/plants in the case of the Imp and seafood/plants in the case of the Guardians) had red backgrounds but were not greyed out entirely, and if you hover over them you get 'Plant (or etc) stocks are depleted'.

Imp:

18738093_350.png

Guardians:

32313982_350.png43951154_350.png

(Currently I have no food of any type converted, and when I visit the individual feeding pages for these dragons, I see three with red backgrounds and one greyed out, again seafood for the Imp and meat for the guardians.)
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="PheonixWing" date="2020-06-08 18:50:03" ] I noticed this too. Skydancers can't eat insects either. [/quote] Looks like that to me too, only the plants button is colorized (with red background) when feeding an individual Skydancer. Again, I currently have no plants or anything else converted.
PheonixWing wrote on 2020-06-08 18:50:03:

Looks like that to me too, only the plants button is colorized (with red background) when feeding an individual Skydancer. Again, I currently have no plants or anything else converted.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Dagomor, my food stores were all at zero (was storing up food for a while) but when I click on the food button, one button says "stores depleted" the other says "dragon doesn't eat ______" wildclaws didn't have any buttons light up.
I put a small amount in each and now the buttons light up.

so if there are no food stores, it currently is incorrectly stating that dragons don't eat certain foods, but with food in there, it fixes itself.

also @Lara8
@Dagomor, my food stores were all at zero (was storing up food for a while) but when I click on the food button, one button says "stores depleted" the other says "dragon doesn't eat ______" wildclaws didn't have any buttons light up.
I put a small amount in each and now the buttons light up.

so if there are no food stores, it currently is incorrectly stating that dragons don't eat certain foods, but with food in there, it fixes itself.

also @Lara8
Impish Obsession Hatchery
(Mostly Imperials)
Thanks for the report @Lara8! This should now be fixed for ALL breeds and stock conditions, but please post if you find any scenarios we’ve missed.
Thanks for the report @Lara8! This should now be fixed for ALL breeds and stock conditions, but please post if you find any scenarios we’ve missed.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies