Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bookmarking forum threads OR mute sub'ed
1 2
I know we can subscribe to them, but I would love to have a way where we can save/bookmark a thread without receiving all those notifications. Or at least a way to mute them, unless there is already a way to do so that I'm not aware of.. [quote]"BUt YoU CAn sImpLY BooKMark The WEBpaGE oF tHE ThreaD?!11"[/quote] I know, technically I could. I don't know about you guys but believe me, I've already tried to manage bookmarks of webpages in folders and after a while it's just not working and getting crowded and confusing. ALSO I'm mostly talking about threads like guides, trading hubs and anything I find useful that are not pinned by the admins and where I don't need to see every. single. post. that was made in the last 13568 minutes. I hope I'm speaking for others here? ----- [quote][quote name="Karneol" date="2020-05-02 06:25:10" ] I was even thinking of some sub-section in the forums where you can simply view your "favorised" threads. Or some toggle function in the account settings here [img]https://i.imgur.com/b8xATvL.png[/img] If ever I would love a way to mute/turn off notifications. Right now, all you can "manage" there is just removing a thread from your list. [/quote] [quote name="Cynderfire" date="2020-05-02 06:28:06" ] That's a good idea too! Maybe instead of subscribing you can have a favorite button (like a heart or something) and right under forum subs you can visit them on your account page? Cause I now I only sub to threads like guides that are dead, LOL [/quote] [quote name="WesternDragoon" date="2020-05-03 13:09:56" ] For me, I never understood why Flight Rising didn't just use a different icon for threads or sub forums that had unread messages in them, instead of just using the notification system for it. But if the notification system stays then more options on how to manage them are a big help, as I'm finding myself not bookmarking any threads out of a want of not getting spammed with notifications for anything that doesn't specifically require MY attention. [/quote][/quote]
I know we can subscribe to them, but I would love to have a way where we can save/bookmark a thread without receiving all those notifications. Or at least a way to mute them, unless there is already a way to do so that I'm not aware of..

Quote:
"BUt YoU CAn sImpLY BooKMark The WEBpaGE oF tHE ThreaD?!11"
I know, technically I could. I don't know about you guys but believe me, I've already tried to manage bookmarks of webpages in folders and after a while it's just not working and getting crowded and confusing.

ALSO I'm mostly talking about threads like guides, trading hubs and anything I find useful that are not pinned by the admins and where I don't need to see every. single. post. that was made in the last 13568 minutes.

I hope I'm speaking for others here?

Quote:
Karneol wrote on 2020-05-02 06:25:10:
I was even thinking of some sub-section in the forums where you can simply view your "favorised" threads.

Or some toggle function in the account settings here
b8xATvL.png
If ever I would love a way to mute/turn off notifications. Right now, all you can "manage" there is just removing a thread from your list.
Cynderfire wrote on 2020-05-02 06:28:06:
That's a good idea too! Maybe instead of subscribing you can have a favorite button (like a heart or something) and right under forum subs you can visit them on your account page? Cause I now I only sub to threads like guides that are dead, LOL
WesternDragoon wrote on 2020-05-03 13:09:56:
For me, I never understood why Flight Rising didn't just use a different icon for threads or sub forums that had unread messages in them, instead of just using the notification system for it. But if the notification system stays then more options on how to manage them are a big help, as I'm finding myself not bookmarking any threads out of a want of not getting spammed with notifications for anything that doesn't specifically require MY attention.

Ef65p3T.png__

____ free Hibernal Den items | Wishlist | FR +9h

I can draw
• ferals / creatures
• humans / gijinkas
• anthros / furries

That would actually be useful, considering I don't want to be notified 5,000 times a day for 3 threads. Maybe a separate section like a "notes" folder where we can put the links? It might also be useful for breeding project planning and such instead of sticking it in a profile. Idk, but I'd like something!
That would actually be useful, considering I don't want to be notified 5,000 times a day for 3 threads. Maybe a separate section like a "notes" folder where we can put the links? It might also be useful for breeding project planning and such instead of sticking it in a profile. Idk, but I'd like something!
37058121.png61551039.png34617255.png54816967.png59626149.png
@Cynderfire Yea I was even thinking of some sub-section in the forums where you can simply view your "favorised" threads. Or some toggle function in the account settings here [img]https://i.imgur.com/b8xATvL.png[/img] If ever I would love a way to mute/turn off notifications. Right now, all you can "manage" there is just removing a thread from your list.
@Cynderfire Yea I was even thinking of some sub-section in the forums where you can simply view your "favorised" threads.

Or some toggle function in the account settings here
b8xATvL.png
If ever I would love a way to mute/turn off notifications. Right now, all you can "manage" there is just removing a thread from your list.
Ef65p3T.png__

I can draw
• ferals / creatures
• humans / gijinkas
• anthros / furries

@Karneol
That's a good idea too! Maybe instead of subscribing you can have a favorite button (like a heart or something) and right under forum subs you can visit them on your account page? Cause I now I only sub to threads like guides that are dead, LOL
@Karneol
@Cynderfire We could even keep the current button and its function the way it is and add another button (was thinking of a heart as well!) for my idea?
Either way works for me as long as I don't have to get 999 notifications I don't really care about :'D
@Cynderfire We could even keep the current button and its function the way it is and add another button (was thinking of a heart as well!) for my idea?
Either way works for me as long as I don't have to get 999 notifications I don't really care about :'D
Ef65p3T.png__

I can draw
• ferals / creatures
• humans / gijinkas
• anthros / furries

@Karneol
Yeah, no, this is a fantastic idea! Especially for all of those trading threads and such I don't want to loose. I agree with keeping the current function, it's useful to be notified for some threads, just not all. :)
@Karneol
Yeah, no, this is a fantastic idea! Especially for all of those trading threads and such I don't want to loose. I agree with keeping the current function, it's useful to be notified for some threads, just not all. :)
@Cynderfire I do agree! That was my point exactly :D
@Cynderfire I do agree! That was my point exactly :D
Ef65p3T.png__

I can draw
• ferals / creatures
• humans / gijinkas
• anthros / furries

Just thought of this not too long ago. Will always support this. I'm sometimes subscribed to a lot of threads I'm interested in, without necessarily being interested in being notified about every. Single. Reply.
Just thought of this not too long ago. Will always support this. I'm sometimes subscribed to a lot of threads I'm interested in, without necessarily being interested in being notified about every. Single. Reply.
I've supported bookmarking before, and I still do, but I'd also support just having the ability to mute specific subs.
I've supported bookmarking before, and I still do, but I'd also support just having the ability to mute specific subs.
For me, I never understood why Flight Rising didn't just use a different icon for threads or sub forums that had unread messages in them, instead of just using the notification system for it. But if the notification system stays then more options on how to manage them are a big help, as I'm finding myself not bookmarking any threads out of a want of not getting spammed with notifications for anything that doesn't specifically require MY attention.
466w8yC.png
Amazing Banner by Tzafrir! (Who seemingly left FR Sadly)
1 2