Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | What is this gene!?
Right, so a friend of mine did a 'Forsee Progeny' on two dragons that have the following colours and genes: Antique Skink Antique Safari Antique Stain Lightning Common Overcast Wasp Denim Bee Denim Runes Light Common One of the predicted offspring came out looking like this: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/693318630904954890/705507715073441862/progeny.png[/img] I am 99.9% sure this is a glitch, but... after looking through the genes and stuff, I have NO idea what that eye pattern is supposed to be. Any help? And sorry if this is obvious, I'm not... very versed on the site, admittedly. At least when it comes to genes and colours and stuff.
Right, so a friend of mine did a 'Forsee Progeny' on two dragons that have the following colours and genes:

Antique Skink
Antique Safari
Antique Stain
Lightning Common

Overcast Wasp
Denim Bee
Denim Runes
Light Common

One of the predicted offspring came out looking like this:

progeny.png

I am 99.9% sure this is a glitch, but... after looking through the genes and stuff, I have NO idea what that eye pattern is supposed to be.

Any help?

And sorry if this is obvious, I'm not... very versed on the site, admittedly. At least when it comes to genes and colours and stuff.
Its not a gene, its a special eye type called multigaze! You can rarely hatch a dragon that has one regardless of the eye type, genes, or colors of the parents!
Its not a gene, its a special eye type called multigaze! You can rarely hatch a dragon that has one regardless of the eye type, genes, or colors of the parents!
tumblr_inline_ph66ygtX8D1trnsp5_540.giftumblr_inline_p7tsvyzpyk1trnsp5_540.gifbig_shift_by_shapeshifthate-dckip66.pngbig_terr_by_shapeshifthate-dckip6i.png
hmmm, i might be misunderstanding, but i think you're talking abt this baby being a multigaze (ergo, the offspring has a bunch of eyes all over their body!)? there's a lot of different eye types on fr that aren't actually up to genes or colors or breed, but happen fully randomly - multigaze is a v rare eye type, along with primal eyes, goat eyes and faceted eyes!! <3
hmmm, i might be misunderstanding, but i think you're talking abt this baby being a multigaze (ergo, the offspring has a bunch of eyes all over their body!)? there's a lot of different eye types on fr that aren't actually up to genes or colors or breed, but happen fully randomly - multigaze is a v rare eye type, along with primal eyes, goat eyes and faceted eyes!! <3
[quote name="Namek" date="2020-04-30 13:26:03" ] Its not a gene, its a special eye type called multigaze! You can rarely hatch a dragon that has one regardless of the eye type, genes, or colors of the parents! [/quote] They're correct, that's a rare combination that can happen randomly through breeding. It's not the only rare eye type you can get, there's also one like "Innocent" and "Primal" that are really neat. So consider yourself lucky!
Namek wrote on 2020-04-30 13:26:03:

They're correct, that's a rare combination that can happen randomly through breeding. It's not the only rare eye type you can get, there's also one like "Innocent" and "Primal" that are really neat. So consider yourself lucky!
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
......I did not even think about the eye part of that.

Well, regardless, thank you all for that, and for responding so quickly!
......I did not even think about the eye part of that.

Well, regardless, thank you all for that, and for responding so quickly!
If you wanted to check him in the Scrying Workshop, this is pretty close.

Hatchlings can hatch with any eye type (except glowing, dark sclera, and innocent - which are from vials only) of the nest they're in. It's random. (:

If you wanted to check him in the Scrying Workshop, this is pretty close.

Hatchlings can hatch with any eye type (except glowing, dark sclera, and innocent - which are from vials only) of the nest they're in. It's random. (:

6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.

Thank you so much for the info!
Huh, that is really cool.

Thank you so much for the info!
I see you got your answer, but to expand on that, "natural" eye types (available through breeding) have the same chance regardless of the eye type of the parents— it's just that most are color-based and won't be especially noticeable. Primal, Multi-Gaze, Faceted, and Goat are the most likely to be noticed, and will also pop up in your nest (when it's hatched) with a special eye symbol ([emoji=special eyes size=1]) to let you know the eye type the hatchling has is rare. So keep an eye out for that symbol if you're looking for one of the rare types! [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1] As with most rare things on FR, that may or may not matter for price (it usually does for Primal, less so for the others) but it's worth knowing.
I see you got your answer, but to expand on that, "natural" eye types (available through breeding) have the same chance regardless of the eye type of the parents— it's just that most are color-based and won't be especially noticeable. Primal, Multi-Gaze, Faceted, and Goat are the most likely to be noticed, and will also pop up in your nest (when it's hatched) with a special eye symbol () to let you know the eye type the hatchling has is rare. So keep an eye out for that symbol if you're looking for one of the rare types!

As with most rare things on FR, that may or may not matter for price (it usually does for Primal, less so for the others) but it's worth knowing.
Ah, thank you for the info!
Ah, thank you for the info!