Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | BUG: Subject makes DM unopenable
I sent my friend a message today, with a subject line of [ [ dragon noises ] ] (no spaces), text based on the [url=http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/intensifies][intensifies] meme[/url]. That message is completely and utterly un-openable because the site reads the title as a link, not to the message, but to the page flightrising.com/?page=dragon_noises. You can see in my outbox that the text is highlighted as a link: [img]http://oi59.tinypic.com/2s00eah.jpg[/img] And hovering over it previews the erroneous URL: [img]http://oi61.tinypic.com/6hkbrn.jpg[/img] I would just chalk this up as a weird offshoot of using wiki-esque formatting (I assume), but there were multiple stacks of food (I believe it was Greenpod Bloom x99 and Sicklemaw Gar x99, but I've sent out a lot of food and can't necessarily recall) and a familiar (Emerald Webwing), and I'd really rather [i]either [/i]myself or my intended recipient have those, rather than getting them lost in limbo. pinging @Mizenor because he helped discover this error
I sent my friend a message today, with a subject line of [ [ dragon noises ] ] (no spaces), text based on the [intensifies] meme.

That message is completely and utterly un-openable because the site reads the title as a link, not to the message, but to the page flightrising.com/?page=dragon_noises.

You can see in my outbox that the text is highlighted as a link:
2s00eah.jpg

And hovering over it previews the erroneous URL:
6hkbrn.jpg

I would just chalk this up as a weird offshoot of using wiki-esque formatting (I assume), but there were multiple stacks of food (I believe it was Greenpod Bloom x99 and Sicklemaw Gar x99, but I've sent out a lot of food and can't necessarily recall) and a familiar (Emerald Webwing), and I'd really rather either myself or my intended recipient have those, rather than getting them lost in limbo.

pinging @Mizenor because he helped discover this error
You're gonna have to send a report to the contact us link asking admin to rescue that PM for you. There are a few things that cause messages to be unopenable, a while back, using certain item codes in the message was glitching them up, so now we know brackets do too.

Just have whoever received that email contact staff, using the email they signed up with, and heading something like "items stuck in PM" with as much info about the PM as they can give.
You're gonna have to send a report to the contact us link asking admin to rescue that PM for you. There are a few things that cause messages to be unopenable, a while back, using certain item codes in the message was glitching them up, so now we know brackets do too.

Just have whoever received that email contact staff, using the email they signed up with, and heading something like "items stuck in PM" with as much info about the PM as they can give.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Many thanks.
Many thanks.
Addendum: I was able to use my browser's built-in html debug feature to write a link without the errant href redirect into the browser-cached copy of the page. A bit of a work around, but it worked.
Addendum: I was able to use my browser's built-in html debug feature to write a link without the errant href redirect into the browser-cached copy of the page. A bit of a work around, but it worked.
nerd
nerd
@Mizenor, Just be careful with doing things like that, even using an ad block or snap links on the site apparently counts as breaking ToU :P
But also that is a very (nerdy) but cool thing, I did not know that was doable! What browser?
@Mizenor, Just be careful with doing things like that, even using an ad block or snap links on the site apparently counts as breaking ToU :P
But also that is a very (nerdy) but cool thing, I did not know that was doable! What browser?
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Just Firefox.
Just Firefox.