Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shut down until the site's fixed.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@linnet You play Aywas? OuO
@linnet You play Aywas? OuO
@Wyvernchild

Oh got. Not Aywas again. :P
@Wyvernchild

Oh got. Not Aywas again. :P
I remember when League of Legends originally launched without a store. No runes, and more importantly, no skins, which was basically the only way the free-to-play game COULD get income. And then the servers would go down every patch day for at least a few hours, but sometimes for a few days.

League of Legends is now the most played game online in the world. Its business model has spurred countless other games and companies to up the ante on so-called free-to-play games. Oh yeah, and patch days USUALLY go smoothly, but there are still occasionally unexpected downtimes!

Here's to being part of something special that will one day be quite large. *toasts*
I remember when League of Legends originally launched without a store. No runes, and more importantly, no skins, which was basically the only way the free-to-play game COULD get income. And then the servers would go down every patch day for at least a few hours, but sometimes for a few days.

League of Legends is now the most played game online in the world. Its business model has spurred countless other games and companies to up the ante on so-called free-to-play games. Oh yeah, and patch days USUALLY go smoothly, but there are still occasionally unexpected downtimes!

Here's to being part of something special that will one day be quite large. *toasts*
[quote name="Spelunker" date="2013-06-10 18:54:09" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=2&id=37899#39774"]@thrage- what was causing the holdup?[/quote] I wonder if it was this? - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=26343&p=mb]Memory Leak?[/url] Because anything causing the game to bloat that much and consume that much memory is going to make things devastatingly slow on both ends after it's been running for a while.
@thrage- what was causing the holdup?

I wonder if it was this? - Memory Leak?

Because anything causing the game to bloat that much and consume that much memory is going to make things devastatingly slow on both ends after it's been running for a while.
I've seen worse lag on pet sites that have been around for 8+ years with less than a 1000 people online. These guys are doing great in my opinion.
I've seen worse lag on pet sites that have been around for 8+ years with less than a 1000 people online. These guys are doing great in my opinion.
It's good to see that the main issue has been resolved. I've been watching things with a lot of interest since the headstart. I knew there would be issues (as several people have mentioned, there always are). When things start to get taken down, or bug out on you, it can definitely be frustrating. I know I completed an entire puzzle early on, only to never get a completion screen. Rather than get too upset, though... it's good to step away and do something else for a while.

It might have been a good idea to call this an "open beta", having an "open beta" might have been an even better idea, but regardless, we're open now, and seeing realistic loads on the server. It's good to remember (or, to know, for those who don't already) that there are four main devs for this site, two of them handle code, and only one of them (I'm looking at you, @Thrage) primarily handles the games. That's a lot of work for any one person (or four!), and everybody has to sleep sometime.

Patience is the best thing right now, that and communicating what the problems are as well as you can, so that they can be fixed with as much expediency as possible.
It's good to see that the main issue has been resolved. I've been watching things with a lot of interest since the headstart. I knew there would be issues (as several people have mentioned, there always are). When things start to get taken down, or bug out on you, it can definitely be frustrating. I know I completed an entire puzzle early on, only to never get a completion screen. Rather than get too upset, though... it's good to step away and do something else for a while.

It might have been a good idea to call this an "open beta", having an "open beta" might have been an even better idea, but regardless, we're open now, and seeing realistic loads on the server. It's good to remember (or, to know, for those who don't already) that there are four main devs for this site, two of them handle code, and only one of them (I'm looking at you, @Thrage) primarily handles the games. That's a lot of work for any one person (or four!), and everybody has to sleep sometime.

Patience is the best thing right now, that and communicating what the problems are as well as you can, so that they can be fixed with as much expediency as possible.
I do agree, it probably would put people in a healthier mindset if it was called what it was. Let's be honest, this is an open beta.

There is nothing wrong with that, I've personally been treating the site like a beta since I've joined. Because it totally is.
Once all the major, game destroying bugs are worked out and people can at least use all the existing aspects without issue 80% of the time, call is a full release.

That may at least adjust some people's expectations to be more realistic anyway.
I do agree, it probably would put people in a healthier mindset if it was called what it was. Let's be honest, this is an open beta.

There is nothing wrong with that, I've personally been treating the site like a beta since I've joined. Because it totally is.
Once all the major, game destroying bugs are worked out and people can at least use all the existing aspects without issue 80% of the time, call is a full release.

That may at least adjust some people's expectations to be more realistic anyway.
You can test and test and test and beta and beta and beta to your heart's content. It can be ~perfect in your beta sandbox.

It's not until things go live that you really see what's going to happen. Push code...surprise! In the real world it doesn't always go as planned! Find the bug, SQUASH IT. Code 101.

Yeah, things broke.

Thrage has also been online trying to fix it practically 24/7 and has been openly communicating with us the entire time.

My dragons, man, what more could you want? Perfection is a trait of the divine and last I checked we're all human here.
You can test and test and test and beta and beta and beta to your heart's content. It can be ~perfect in your beta sandbox.

It's not until things go live that you really see what's going to happen. Push code...surprise! In the real world it doesn't always go as planned! Find the bug, SQUASH IT. Code 101.

Yeah, things broke.

Thrage has also been online trying to fix it practically 24/7 and has been openly communicating with us the entire time.

My dragons, man, what more could you want? Perfection is a trait of the divine and last I checked we're all human here.
coffee. need coffee.
[quote name="Aethubryn" date="2013-06-10 14:54:36" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=37899#38012"]Whether or not I've participated in a site launch before has no meaning - what DOES matter is if I, as well as tons of other players just starting out these past couple of days, see how crappy things are now and decide it's not worth my time. First impressions are important. Having a grand opening without any actual playable content (past the initial set up stuff and few clicks per day for dailies) seems absolutely ridiculous. I mean if there was a new theme park in town that you went to try out, you'd probably have some expectations. Like working rides. And carnival games. Food booths. Maybe some face painting. But you get there and see that half the rides are still under construction, and two others are just plain broken down; the food is stale; all the teens running the carnival games are too busy chatting with each other to do their job; and the face painter can only draw hearts. Are you going to visit again? No. And it's the same principle for a website. I know there are a nice chunk of people from Aywas that are fairly frustrated with the fact that they can't even earn any treasure at all, that they're screwed out of experience from a long battle when it resets right at the end, etc. How long until people start thinking, "okay, I'll just go do something else then"? [/quote] Obviously you don't care of the hard work, and not everyone knew how the site server was going to handle under so many people and it's only been out to the public for three days and it will get better. So stop complaining or get out. And everyone is right about beta testing. Stop trying to defend yourself and just get out or you will make yourself only a bigger fool. :| NeonDragon has worked hard on this site and he never expected so many people to join, let alone be so laggy. You hate it so much, go make a better site, which I don't see happening any time soon in your life with patients like that.
Whether or not I've participated in a site launch before has no meaning - what DOES matter is if I, as well as tons of other players just starting out these past couple of days, see how crappy things are now and decide it's not worth my time.

First impressions are important. Having a grand opening without any actual playable content (past the initial set up stuff and few clicks per day for dailies) seems absolutely ridiculous.

I mean if there was a new theme park in town that you went to try out, you'd probably have some expectations. Like working rides. And carnival games. Food booths. Maybe some face painting. But you get there and see that half the rides are still under construction, and two others are just plain broken down; the food is stale; all the teens running the carnival games are too busy chatting with each other to do their job; and the face painter can only draw hearts. Are you going to visit again? No.

And it's the same principle for a website. I know there are a nice chunk of people from Aywas that are fairly frustrated with the fact that they can't even earn any treasure at all, that they're screwed out of experience from a long battle when it resets right at the end, etc. How long until people start thinking, "okay, I'll just go do something else then"?

Obviously you don't care of the hard work, and not everyone knew how the site server was going to handle under so many people and it's only been out to the public for three days and it will get better. So stop complaining or get out.

And everyone is right about beta testing. Stop trying to defend yourself and just get out or you will make yourself only a bigger fool. :| NeonDragon has worked hard on this site and he never expected so many people to join, let alone be so laggy. You hate it so much, go make a better site, which I don't see happening any time soon in your life with patients like that.
Forever shall darkness plagues one heart and keep them forever alone as long as they breath such gloom air.

People constantly gets me confused with Darknesss (with 3 S's)
*Neondragon&Co, as other members of the team are doing the actual code bits.

(Just want them to get some credit, Undel steals it all cuz she faaaaamous :p)
*Neondragon&Co, as other members of the team are doing the actual code bits.

(Just want them to get some credit, Undel steals it all cuz she faaaaamous :p)
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7