Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hello again.. help.
So I’ve actually been here for a while! Woot! But only recently did I kinda get back into the game? A lot has changed and I’m kinda like..woah. I could use some guidance?
Like I have a few questions.
I’m not sure if this is a thing, but are there like a rare or preferred dragon breed? Or like what genes are the rarest.. i guess.
I haven’t been on a while and kinda overwhelmed, stumped and unsure how to advance or go forwards.. ^^
Help.
So I’ve actually been here for a while! Woot! But only recently did I kinda get back into the game? A lot has changed and I’m kinda like..woah. I could use some guidance?
Like I have a few questions.
I’m not sure if this is a thing, but are there like a rare or preferred dragon breed? Or like what genes are the rarest.. i guess.
I haven’t been on a while and kinda overwhelmed, stumped and unsure how to advance or go forwards.. ^^
Help.
Dream Team in Art Fight 2019! See you there, I am Niche!
@RestlessDemons Welcome (back)!

I haven't been online the past several months myself, so I'm not the best person to look to for answers, but feel free to hmu whenever.

Genes bought on the gem marketplace tend to be the preferred genes in general - because they're more costly, and thus more difficult for the average player to get ahold of whenever. The same can be said for dragon breeds, with Imperials being maybe slightly more up there since you can't just purchase a scroll for their breed change.

Last I checked (which wasn't recently, mind you), Imperials, Coatls, and the new ancient breeds had been the most poppin' purchases on AH.

Lots of the cost tends to boil down to popular preferences and what's new, though, so just keeping an eye out for what people are vying after for a couple of days/weeks will give you a better idea than I can - that can change pretty quickly sometimes!

I'm not plague myself so I don't know what all your flight may have available, but flight-specific forums will sometimes have threads dedicated to helping new users find things/get the lay of the land. These resources are also pretty useful for old returning players! I'd definitely recommend taking a look.
@RestlessDemons Welcome (back)!

I haven't been online the past several months myself, so I'm not the best person to look to for answers, but feel free to hmu whenever.

Genes bought on the gem marketplace tend to be the preferred genes in general - because they're more costly, and thus more difficult for the average player to get ahold of whenever. The same can be said for dragon breeds, with Imperials being maybe slightly more up there since you can't just purchase a scroll for their breed change.

Last I checked (which wasn't recently, mind you), Imperials, Coatls, and the new ancient breeds had been the most poppin' purchases on AH.

Lots of the cost tends to boil down to popular preferences and what's new, though, so just keeping an eye out for what people are vying after for a couple of days/weeks will give you a better idea than I can - that can change pretty quickly sometimes!

I'm not plague myself so I don't know what all your flight may have available, but flight-specific forums will sometimes have threads dedicated to helping new users find things/get the lay of the land. These resources are also pretty useful for old returning players! I'd definitely recommend taking a look.
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@Bamf
Thank you so much! It was a very helpful explanation despite you being away for a few months. I actually never knew you can buy genes from the marketplace so thank you! <3 I will follow your suggestions haha!

Now I also heard you can like ‘make’ your own dragons, like a custom of sorts. Is there a rule thread for this or guidelines? Possibly an explanation.
@Bamf
Thank you so much! It was a very helpful explanation despite you being away for a few months. I actually never knew you can buy genes from the marketplace so thank you! <3 I will follow your suggestions haha!

Now I also heard you can like ‘make’ your own dragons, like a custom of sorts. Is there a rule thread for this or guidelines? Possibly an explanation.
@RestlessDemons

With the exception of your progens (The first dragon you pick when making an account and the randomly generated one you receive immediately after), you don't really customize a dragon from any blank slate!

There are a few options -

*Breed dragons to create one with genes/colors you want
*Buy genes/eye changes to apply to a dragon you want
*Hatch eggs until you get a g1 you like and then apply genes/eyes

None of these options are easy, exactly, but depending on how specific your wants are and how rare the genes/eyes/colors are, it can be quite a costly project...

There are definitely threads out there for how to pair breeds for specific color combinations and which genes/breeds tend to override others in hatches (basic often overtakes treasure n treasure often overtakes gem), as well as hatch-journeys and simular threads that follow users hatching a ton of eggs or using items like the Tri-Color Scatterscrolls (a scroll in the gem marketplace that will randomize your dragon's colors) to get specific/nice colors, but unfortunately I don't have any to link you offhand!

I have a tab for project dragons myself, but I'm not nearly as into it as some users get! It can be a lot of work for not much payout if you decide to move on, but it can feel really rewarding.
@RestlessDemons

With the exception of your progens (The first dragon you pick when making an account and the randomly generated one you receive immediately after), you don't really customize a dragon from any blank slate!

There are a few options -

*Breed dragons to create one with genes/colors you want
*Buy genes/eye changes to apply to a dragon you want
*Hatch eggs until you get a g1 you like and then apply genes/eyes

None of these options are easy, exactly, but depending on how specific your wants are and how rare the genes/eyes/colors are, it can be quite a costly project...

There are definitely threads out there for how to pair breeds for specific color combinations and which genes/breeds tend to override others in hatches (basic often overtakes treasure n treasure often overtakes gem), as well as hatch-journeys and simular threads that follow users hatching a ton of eggs or using items like the Tri-Color Scatterscrolls (a scroll in the gem marketplace that will randomize your dragon's colors) to get specific/nice colors, but unfortunately I don't have any to link you offhand!

I have a tab for project dragons myself, but I'm not nearly as into it as some users get! It can be a lot of work for not much payout if you decide to move on, but it can feel really rewarding.
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@Bamf
Ahhh.. ok! I understand. Thank you very much for the little.. introduction I suppose? It helped me understand the game a little more haha! Really appreciate it <3
@Bamf
Ahhh.. ok! I understand. Thank you very much for the little.. introduction I suppose? It helped me understand the game a little more haha! Really appreciate it <3
@RestlessDemons
Glad I could help, at least a 'lil bit! Good luck
@RestlessDemons
Glad I could help, at least a 'lil bit! Good luck
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)