Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hello everyone, new to the site.
1 2
Hi everyone, my name is Shelly. I come from two other virtual pet sites. FooPets and Cyska Siberians. I have no idea what to do on here, so any tips and tricks are most welcome! I hope I will meet some new people and perhaps make some new friends here as well. Feel free to send me friend's requests and/or messages if you'd like!
Hi everyone, my name is Shelly. I come from two other virtual pet sites. FooPets and Cyska Siberians. I have no idea what to do on here, so any tips and tricks are most welcome! I hope I will meet some new people and perhaps make some new friends here as well. Feel free to send me friend's requests and/or messages if you'd like!
@SouthernBelle79

D?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????k?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????ç?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????e??????????????????s??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
@SouthernBelle79

D?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????k?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????ç?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????e??????????????????s??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
@SouthernBelle79

Hi Shelly! I am Charles. I'm afraid I don't know the other two sites you use, but I hope you're enjoying Flight Rising as much as I am.

I am very new too, but I did manage to find a way to put pictures of dragons in the forums:
-Go to the dragon you want to share's profile page
-Click generate code
-Copy-paste the BBCode section into a forum post

I found that out through a BBCode guide I found, though I don't know how to find it again or link it here sadly

Finally: I like your two dragons. Acedia and Daelin match each other very well, so that's lucky. My first two dragons, Alloy and Bee, could not be further apart from each other.
@SouthernBelle79

Hi Shelly! I am Charles. I'm afraid I don't know the other two sites you use, but I hope you're enjoying Flight Rising as much as I am.

I am very new too, but I did manage to find a way to put pictures of dragons in the forums:
-Go to the dragon you want to share's profile page
-Click generate code
-Copy-paste the BBCode section into a forum post

I found that out through a BBCode guide I found, though I don't know how to find it again or link it here sadly

Finally: I like your two dragons. Acedia and Daelin match each other very well, so that's lucky. My first two dragons, Alloy and Bee, could not be further apart from each other.
Hi Charles, pleasure to meet you! That's alright you aren't familiar with the other sites. I'm on a bunch of other non-pet sites as well. So far I don't really know what to do. This site was recommended to me as a place to get away from drama on other places. As well as there being a fairly nice, mature, community here. Can you explain to me a little as to why I would need or want to put pictures of dragons in the forums? I'm very new to this, so perhaps there is a reason to do these things. Thank you, I will be honest I have no idea what I was doing with picking the clan and dragons. The one was on a pop up message I think I guess it was free? I have no idea. *lol* I still have no idea really what anything means it all kind of goes over my head to be honest. [emoji=fae laughing size=1]I just wanted to try this site out, see what all the fuss was about that I've been hearing.
Hi Charles, pleasure to meet you! That's alright you aren't familiar with the other sites. I'm on a bunch of other non-pet sites as well. So far I don't really know what to do. This site was recommended to me as a place to get away from drama on other places. As well as there being a fairly nice, mature, community here.

Can you explain to me a little as to why I would need or want to put pictures of dragons in the forums? I'm very new to this, so perhaps there is a reason to do these things.

Thank you, I will be honest I have no idea what I was doing with picking the clan and dragons. The one was on a pop up message I think I guess it was free? I have no idea. *lol* I still have no idea really what anything means it all kind of goes over my head to be honest. I just wanted to try this site out, see what all the fuss was about that I've been hearing.
@SouthernBelle79

Hi there Shelly! Might I suggest perusing a guide to get started on the site? Flight Rising is primarily a dragon breeding game first and foremost, but there's plenty more to do. I suggest getting involved with your Flight's community (Arcane in this case), it's a great starting point.

My primary recommendation is to check out the Guides section of the forums, there's a lot listed there and you can find what activity best suits you. I've indulged heavily in the more creative side of FR and have mostly been expanding my lair to accommodate more pretties.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1467442
Here's a link to the FAQ, which should answer a few questions you have.

As for putting dragons in forums, there's a lot of reasons! If you want to show them off, or put them up for sale, or even participate in forum games with them, the best way is putting their image up front and center.
@SouthernBelle79

Hi there Shelly! Might I suggest perusing a guide to get started on the site? Flight Rising is primarily a dragon breeding game first and foremost, but there's plenty more to do. I suggest getting involved with your Flight's community (Arcane in this case), it's a great starting point.

My primary recommendation is to check out the Guides section of the forums, there's a lot listed there and you can find what activity best suits you. I've indulged heavily in the more creative side of FR and have mostly been expanding my lair to accommodate more pretties.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1467442
Here's a link to the FAQ, which should answer a few questions you have.

As for putting dragons in forums, there's a lot of reasons! If you want to show them off, or put them up for sale, or even participate in forum games with them, the best way is putting their image up front and center.
Hi RedwingRising, there is sure a lot to read! I guess I was hoping for more of a "basics" of what to do really. I don't know how much I'll get into breeding, or how "active" I'll be here quite honestly. I am easily overwhelmed with things that are complicated or get too complicated for me. I have no idea what pretties means, sorry, but that sounds like you're enjoying things! Ah, ok, I don't currently have much of a reason to posting my dragons though so I will hold off on that. Thank you for your response. :) I do wish regular "smileys" could be used, as I can barely see the ones listed in the ones provided. If they can be used, I'd love to know how!
Hi RedwingRising, there is sure a lot to read! I guess I was hoping for more of a "basics" of what to do really. I don't know how much I'll get into breeding, or how "active" I'll be here quite honestly. I am easily overwhelmed with things that are complicated or get too complicated for me. I have no idea what pretties means, sorry, but that sounds like you're enjoying things! Ah, ok, I don't currently have much of a reason to posting my dragons though so I will hold off on that. Thank you for your response. :) I do wish regular "smileys" could be used, as I can barely see the ones listed in the ones provided. If they can be used, I'd love to know how!
@SouthernBelle79

There is a forum called "Dragon Share" where people like to show off their dragons! When I wrote the previous message I had just learnt how to post pictures, and was excited to share, so sorry for being a little awkward I guess.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the smilies, but I have seen larger versions used, so perhaps if you find someone who has used them, they might be able to tell you?

This is what else I've discovered about the site, though I'm afraid it is very little:
-The Fairgrounds allows you to earn treasure, so you can buy dragons off the Auction House
-Scavenging sometimes gives you Unhatched Eggs (I found my first one yesterday!), which also gives you new dragons
-You can collect familiars through the coliseum, marketplace, baldwin and swipp (I plan to collect every single familiar one day)

I hope that helps a little!

Edit: Oh, in my flight there was a mentoring program in the private forums, there's probably a similar thing in yours!
@SouthernBelle79

There is a forum called "Dragon Share" where people like to show off their dragons! When I wrote the previous message I had just learnt how to post pictures, and was excited to share, so sorry for being a little awkward I guess.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the smilies, but I have seen larger versions used, so perhaps if you find someone who has used them, they might be able to tell you?

This is what else I've discovered about the site, though I'm afraid it is very little:
-The Fairgrounds allows you to earn treasure, so you can buy dragons off the Auction House
-Scavenging sometimes gives you Unhatched Eggs (I found my first one yesterday!), which also gives you new dragons
-You can collect familiars through the coliseum, marketplace, baldwin and swipp (I plan to collect every single familiar one day)

I hope that helps a little!

Edit: Oh, in my flight there was a mentoring program in the private forums, there's probably a similar thing in yours!
@Solarhoney Oh! Alright, I am still learning my way around. I am just very confused by everything. You weren't being awkward at all! No worries, I was just curious as to what that would be used for. [emoji=bogsneak laughing size=2] I think I figured out how to get the bigger provided smilies. If you click on the star looking thing, and the choose an emoji window will pop up. There is a drop down menu next to "filter" where you can choose between large and small emotes. [emoji=coatl laughing size=2] The problem is, I think there are a lot of emotes that are only in the small ones. Ah well. I hope those work when I post them and that me finding that out will help you too! I did discover the fairgrounds, I like playing the games. I don't really know what kind of dragons to buy or look for really. Is a mentoring program where someone helps you out on the site? I'm assuming that's what that means. Thank you for your help by the way! [emoji=bogsneak happy size=2]
@Solarhoney

Oh! Alright, I am still learning my way around. I am just very confused by everything. You weren't being awkward at all! No worries, I was just curious as to what that would be used for.

I think I figured out how to get the bigger provided smilies. If you click on the star looking thing, and the choose an emoji window will pop up. There is a drop down menu next to "filter" where you can choose between large and small emotes. The problem is, I think there are a lot of emotes that are only in the small ones. Ah well. I hope those work when I post them and that me finding that out will help you too!

I did discover the fairgrounds, I like playing the games. I don't really know what kind of dragons to buy or look for really.

Is a mentoring program where someone helps you out on the site? I'm assuming that's what that means.

Thank you for your help by the way!
@SouthernBelle79

Yep, in Light there's a thread where you answer a form about what you're interested in on the site, then you get paired with a mentor with similar interests so they can teach you about the mechanics. I expect there's a similar thing in Arcane!

Is there anything in particular you want to learn about? I'm interested in the creative aspects of the site, especially writing. When I first explored the site before signing up I remember seeing someone talking about alchemy being used in the game, which really caught my attention for some reason, so I plan to learn about that too

Edit: I'm sorry if I mentioned you twice! This posted two times for some reason
@SouthernBelle79

Yep, in Light there's a thread where you answer a form about what you're interested in on the site, then you get paired with a mentor with similar interests so they can teach you about the mechanics. I expect there's a similar thing in Arcane!

Is there anything in particular you want to learn about? I'm interested in the creative aspects of the site, especially writing. When I first explored the site before signing up I remember seeing someone talking about alchemy being used in the game, which really caught my attention for some reason, so I plan to learn about that too

Edit: I'm sorry if I mentioned you twice! This posted two times for some reason
@Solarhoney

There probably is and I didn't see it yet. I will look for it!

I'll be honest with you, I have no idea. I was basically recommended this site and invited to join to get away from drama and such. I don't know if this would be a thing but, I do love learning about history in general. I also like learning and discussing things like nature, the cosmos, and what not as well. I guess I just like learning in general.

No worries! Would you be totally opposed to me sending you a friend's request by the way? I like to be respectful by asking first before doing so. No bad feelings if you would prefer I don't. :)
@Solarhoney

There probably is and I didn't see it yet. I will look for it!

I'll be honest with you, I have no idea. I was basically recommended this site and invited to join to get away from drama and such. I don't know if this would be a thing but, I do love learning about history in general. I also like learning and discussing things like nature, the cosmos, and what not as well. I guess I just like learning in general.

No worries! Would you be totally opposed to me sending you a friend's request by the way? I like to be respectful by asking first before doing so. No bad feelings if you would prefer I don't. :)
1 2