Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Item Marker
1 2
So you've done your dailies. You've maxed out your gathering turns, maybe did some Coli grinding, and you have a veritable Dragon's Hoard of items in your, well, hoard. But with pages of items to sort through, how do you know what's worth keeping? Right now, our only option is referencing a library of guides that are roughly in size to an Encyclopedia Britannica collection, or a carefully curated spreadsheet that has to be frantically updated with each new set of items. However for many of us, we have a burden of responsibility. Kids and students have school, adults have jobs, and everyone has social functions, house cleaning and most of us also have pets. I propose a very minor quality-of-life improvement: [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549593261120028673/664775503198158848/unknown.png[/img][/center] Visible only in the Hoard/Vault, these small dots would indicate if items are needed in places like Baldwin or Swipp, and would even the playing field in this matter. It wouldn't be hard to implement, a simple visual overlay that would apply only in the hoard and vault. (Possibly the AH as well but I'm not sure).
So you've done your dailies. You've maxed out your gathering turns, maybe did some Coli grinding, and you have a veritable Dragon's Hoard of items in your, well, hoard.

But with pages of items to sort through, how do you know what's worth keeping? Right now, our only option is referencing a library of guides that are roughly in size to an Encyclopedia Britannica collection, or a carefully curated spreadsheet that has to be frantically updated with each new set of items. However for many of us, we have a burden of responsibility. Kids and students have school, adults have jobs, and everyone has social functions, house cleaning and most of us also have pets.

I propose a very minor quality-of-life improvement:
unknown.png

Visible only in the Hoard/Vault, these small dots would indicate if items are needed in places like Baldwin or Swipp, and would even the playing field in this matter. It wouldn't be hard to implement, a simple visual overlay that would apply only in the hoard and vault. (Possibly the AH as well but I'm not sure).
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more."
Agreed, having to look everything up is a huge pain.
Agreed, having to look everything up is a huge pain.
Big Agree! How do we vote yes on this? It would definitely help with my weird obsessive "Must save all the Hibernal Den Items in case someone needs them" fixation.
Big Agree! How do we vote yes on this? It would definitely help with my weird obsessive "Must save all the Hibernal Den Items in case someone needs them" fixation.
Please ping me
This would be very useful!
This would be very useful!
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
rDDk8Bm.png Bw4cyXn.pngjU7eG38.png 8lxCsmk.png
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
UEbwahm.pngKCykZYQ.pngUiowYIX.png
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
oh heck yeah! im always running outta food n i never know what i can convert
oh heck yeah! im always running outta food n i never know what i can convert
Lichtdrache.gif
This is such a good suggestion and would save the amount of times I've accidentally converted/sold items that I've later needed. It's so hard to remember everything you need and I don't often have the time to look things up.

I don't think this would take anything away from game-play and would make it a lot fairer for everyone!
This is such a good suggestion and would save the amount of times I've accidentally converted/sold items that I've later needed. It's so hard to remember everything you need and I don't often have the time to look things up.

I don't think this would take anything away from game-play and would make it a lot fairer for everyone!
As much as I've appreciated having a handier guide to check my hoard against, this would make it loads easier and much less of a time sink! Especially when I don't have enough time to really play on a given day (or week) and just want to keep my dragons fed without getting rid of things I could have sold! It could be an opt in/out for people that might not like it, but I don't see why anyone wouldn't, considering how helpful of an idea it is.
As much as I've appreciated having a handier guide to check my hoard against, this would make it loads easier and much less of a time sink! Especially when I don't have enough time to really play on a given day (or week) and just want to keep my dragons fed without getting rid of things I could have sold! It could be an opt in/out for people that might not like it, but I don't see why anyone wouldn't, considering how helpful of an idea it is.
yes pleeeeeease

i'm to the point where i can't even be bothered with the guides. i just hoardsell absolutely everything i get and just buy mats off the AH as i need them.

it's costing me so much treasure ;-;
yes pleeeeeease

i'm to the point where i can't even be bothered with the guides. i just hoardsell absolutely everything i get and just buy mats off the AH as i need them.

it's costing me so much treasure ;-;
If they do something like this I really hope that it's something you enable for your account if you want it. Because honestly, I do not want to see this kind of clutter on the icons. I like the art and want to see that -and glaring little colored dots infringing on it isn't appealing -personally I don't much like the food/apparel/whatever ones on the top corner either but we're stuck with those and at least those aren't coming along later on covering up part of the art that was meant to be visible.

And plenty of items are used in more than one place which potentially means a bunch of little dots on them not just one and possibly even more later if they add new mechanics down the line or just increase the places a particular item is used.
If they do something like this I really hope that it's something you enable for your account if you want it. Because honestly, I do not want to see this kind of clutter on the icons. I like the art and want to see that -and glaring little colored dots infringing on it isn't appealing -personally I don't much like the food/apparel/whatever ones on the top corner either but we're stuck with those and at least those aren't coming along later on covering up part of the art that was meant to be visible.

And plenty of items are used in more than one place which potentially means a bunch of little dots on them not just one and possibly even more later if they add new mechanics down the line or just increase the places a particular item is used.
Yes PLEASE. I hardly ever do swipp trades since it’s so difficult to keep track of stuff. The same goes for alchemy. I also like the idea of different symbols or colors for the markers so we can color coordinate them.
Yes PLEASE. I hardly ever do swipp trades since it’s so difficult to keep track of stuff. The same goes for alchemy. I also like the idea of different symbols or colors for the markers so we can color coordinate them.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
1 2